Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


151 to 200 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Shrugging, Haruhito follows the party's 'guide'

I wonder exactly how many additional orders he has, and how many of them are inimical to my own survival...

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

sorry I haven't responded, my internet died on me for a week!

Ok can we have a perception check from everyone?


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Perception:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Perception:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (20) + 33 = 53.


Holy crap, dude. That's insane.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22


Perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

Minion's Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 (120 ft. dark-vision)

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

VecThan and Myron

Spoiler:
you see a small creature with an odd shape crawling alongside you in the tunnels, it keeps scuttling into the darkness whenever anyone gets a glimpse of it

Xallihion and Blepxeblopty
Spoiler:
you see a small creature with an odd shape crawling alongside you in the tunnels, it keeps scuttling into the darkness whenever anyone gets a glimpse of it. It looks like a brain on 4 legs

Brother Haruhito
Spoiler:
you see a small creature with an odd shape crawling alongside you in the tunnels, it keeps scuttling into the darkness whenever anyone gets a glimpse of it. It looks like a brain on 4 legs. It is being followed by small motes of what looks like dust, which are forming small shapes every time the creature disappears into the tunnels


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

"I think we are being followed by something my friends, tho I am having a tough time making out what it is" as he takes out his bow watching for it to appear again


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
VecThan wrote:
"I think we are being followed by something my friends, tho I am having a tough time making out what it is" as he takes out his bow watching for it to appear again

"I saw it too." Myron readies an action to blast it with arcane fire


[i]"I saw it as well... It appears to be a brain, walking around."[i]

Xallihion will take out his mutagen, preparing to drink it.


[i]"I saw it as well... It appears to be a brain, walking around."[i]

Xallihion will take out his mutagen, preparing to drink it.


Yes - I can see it scuttling about. Lets see if those 'guides' are worth anything. Blep addresses the Hobgoblins We are being followed maggots - Is that thing your masters servant or should we stop worrying?

Blep warns minion to be on its guard and starts fingering his jagged knife. He reaches for his cigar with his other hand and starts looking for his matches - waiting to see how the guides react.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Followed?" he says sheepishly "We shouldn't be followed"


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
"Followed?" he says sheepishly "We shouldn't be followed"

"Brilliant deduction." Myron chides

Knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Knowledge arcana 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
you think it is an intellect devourer, usually they live with the Mindflayers, near enough as equals, this one must have done something to be found here, probably banished


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Myron ** spoiler omitted **

Myron decides to try something,

Speaking toward where he thinks he saw the creature earlier
"We know you're there, little one. Show yourself openly and you'll be in no danger. However, trying to follow us discretely is no longer a possibility. Show yourself or be destroyed. We just have a few questions. We can start with why you've apparently been banished and why you're following us?"

Intimidate 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Wa waaaa. Less than impressive intimidate, but I hopefully their is some sort of synergy for him being alone and us being a large group.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

you hear it move away at high speed


It feels good that these "people" are leading the way ... Hobgoblins! Bah! Blep turns his attention back to the skittering creature. Seeing that it appears to be fleeing, he puts away his knife and lights his cigar. Then he addresses it, putting some of his innate power behind the words:

"Aww leaving so soon ? Why don't you just stay here and have a little chat?"

If the thing is still within reach of a suggestion Blep will hit it with it ("stay and have a chat", DC 21). Else he will attempt to fascinate (DC 21) it and approach within suggestion range.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito watches impassively as the creature leaves.

Well, that was not particularly engaging...


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

If i can hear where its moving from Vecthan will try and shoot using rapidshot. The bow has seeking so I just need the square. I will roll... if you deem I can't tell the square then I'm OK with that

To hit:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 16 (base + bow -Rapid shot) (Add +1 if within point blank)
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 5 = 9 (base +bow + strength)

To hit:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 26 (base + bow -Rapid shot) (Add +1 if within point blank)
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7 (base +bow + strength)

To hit:1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 18 (base + bow -Rapid shot) (Add +1 if within point blank)
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7 (base +bow + strength)


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Sorry I haven't replied myself, been a bit of a crazy week for me.

Yzy pulls his warhammer from its resting place on his back, the dark red crystal that the weapon is made from making it appear like blood. He stands silently, waiting for any possible sign of danger, ready to strike should any foe present itself.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Vec Than, you can tell which square he is in, with a perception check DC20


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Perception for the square:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

the creature doesn't stop for either the suggestion attempt or the fascinate attempt, VecThan manages to hit it once, at which point it turns round and screeches, you hear something begins to approach, roll initiative?


Initiative Blep: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Initiative Minion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

I don't know if you want to have Minion acting on its own initiative or mine, but I rolled just incase.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Initiative:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Blep minions act on your initiative


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Init

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

So Initiative order
Blepxeblopty
Intellect Devourer
VecThan
Yzxcilpix
Brother Kurosawa
Xallihion
Myron

Blepxeblopty your turn


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Do you want us to just post our actions that round then you (Ulgulanoth) can write a post about what happened that round, thus indicating the start of the next round?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yes, thats the easiest way to do this


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Just wanted to make sure that was your gameplan also.

Myron readies an action to cast haste on his companions if something hostile comes into view.


Minion steps up infront of Blep, ready to intercept any attack aimed for its master.

Meanwhile, Blep attempts to augment his allies with words of dark power.

Sorry for the bare bones description, had a long day. Anyways, Minion is using it's move action to place itself between Blep and the approaching creature and draw its whip in the process. Standard action to ready an attack when the creature comes within 15 ft. Blep uses a standard action to inspire courage (+2 bonus). Blep has discordant voice which also improves his allies weapon damage with 1d6 (sonic). The first attack aimed at Blep has a -2 hit penalty, and if it hits all its effects will apply to minion instead.

Minion's attackroll:

attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
dmg 1d3 + 24 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 24 + (5, 2, 4, 5, 5) = 48
backlash 1d6 ⇒ 6
intimidate 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

AOO (minion threatens 10 ft.):

attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 +2 if it hit with the previous attack.
dmg 1d3 + 24 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 24 + (6, 6, 1, 1, 2) = 41 +2 if it hit with the previous attack.
backlash 1d6 ⇒ 2
intimidate 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Vecthan will shoot again using rapid shot

Adding Extra +2 for courage on hit/dam rolls +Sonic
Attack 1:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 26
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (5) = 15

Attack 2:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 32
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (6) = 17

Attack 3:1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (5) = 19

Also a reminder I threaten all squares within 15 ft of me with my bow so if it passes that close use below numbers

AOO:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 33
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (6) = 21


Xahillion will drink his mutagen +4 STR, 30 foot fly, Scent, and try to fly closer to it, getting into striking distance if possible.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito waits for the beast to reveal itself once again...

Delaying, with the intention of moving up to it, and casting Plane Shift on it.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Brother Haruhito Kurosawa wrote:

Haruhito waits for the beast to reveal itself once again...

Delaying, with the intention of moving up to it, and casting Plane Shift on it.

Just curious. Why plane shift? ALso I never realized you could use planeshift offensively, but based on "Target: Creature Touched..." I guess you can. lol.

Plane Shift:

School conjuration (teleportation); Level cleric 5, sorcerer/wizard 7

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, F (a forked metal rod attuned to the plane of travel)

Range touch

Target creature touched, or up to eight willing creatures joining hands

Duration instantaneous

Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

You move yourself or some other creature to another plane of existence or alternate dimension. If several willing persons link hands in a circle, as many as eight can be affected by the plane shift at the same time. Precise accuracy as to a particular arrival location on the intended plane is nigh impossible. From the Material Plane, you can reach any other plane, though you appear 5 to 500 miles (5d%) from your intended destination. Plane shift transports creatures instantaneously and then ends. The creatures need to find other means if they are to travel back (including casting plane shift again).


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

A quick way to get rid of something?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Brother Haruhito Kurosawa wrote:
A quick way to get rid of something?

It's interesting. I just never thought of that use before. Send them someplace nasty like the elemental plane of fire or New Jersey.


I've never thought of that use for it either. Quite interesting. Something I'll have to incorporate into combat IRL. *cackles madly*


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Yzx stands in silence, mentally preparing himself for combat. Move action to become psionically focused.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

right the intellect devourer gets hit twice by the Vec Than, its too far away for close combat. In its turn it turns invisible


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

On his turn Myron Casts Glitterdust on the 10' burst where it was doing his best to calculate it's movement and the direction it was traveling (presumably directly away from us)

Knowledge Dungeoneering to guage how fast it is 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Glitterdust:

School conjuration (creation); Level bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S, M (ground mica)

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Area creatures and objects within 10-ft.-radius spread

Duration 1 round/level

Save Will negates (blinding only); SR no

A cloud of golden particles covers everyone and everything in the area, causing creatures to become blinded and visibly outlining invisible things for the duration of the spell. All within the area are covered by the dust, which cannot be removed and continues to sparkle until it fades. Each round at the end of their turn blinded creatures may attempt new saving throws to end the blindness effect.

Any creature covered by the dust takes a –40 penalty on Stealth checks.


If Myron's Glitterdust hits it, I'll pursue, if not, I'll return to the group.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

If Vecthan can see it with Glitterdust, he will target it, if he cant see it he will target the square 30 ft closer(since the bow seeks) and shoot that square. He will be using rapid shot again

Adding Extra +2 for courage on hit/dam rolls +Sonic
Attack 1:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (4) = 16

Attack 2:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 25
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (5) = 21

Attack 3:1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 16
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (6) = 17

If i see it with in 15' of me I'll take my AOO

AOO:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 5 + 2 + (6) = 16

151 to 200 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.