Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


651 to 700 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

I concur; there is something a little... off... about these humans, even for humans. Oh, by the way, there is a secret compartment over on that bookshelf, behind the books...


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron goes to the bookshelf secret compartment and examines it.

percep1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

If possible he stands clear and flips it open with mage hand.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
its not trapped

Myron slides the panel to reveal a number of small boxes and about a dozen pieces of paper


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:

Myron ** spoiler omitted **

Myron slides the panel to reveal a number of small boxes and about a dozen pieces of paper

Detect magic. If no remove and examine the papers.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
one of the boxes is magical and so is one of the pieces of paper


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Spellcraft on box 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Spellcraft on paper 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
the box has some strong illusion magic cast on it and it is quite possible that it isn't a box at all, the paper has conjuration and transmutation spells on it and it seems to be hiding something


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron lightly touches the illusionary box

WIll to disbelieve 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

As he is looking at the box Myron thinks to the group as a whole, but not to anyone in particular ::The paper has some sort of transmutation spells on it and is probably hiding somehting. Come see what you can make of it.::


::I'm not an expert on these kinds of things, but I can take a look. Take it with us, I can't do anything unless we stop in here so I can brew an extract to help me identify it.::

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
the box isn't a box at all, but an egg, it looks similar to the one in the vision but its darker


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron says to the group telepathically

::It's not a box, but an egg. Interesting.::

Myron picks up the egg


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

is that the egg we are looking for?

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

No, its very similar, but its darker


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

::not quite, but it's close. What it is I don't know. ::

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

you guys could make a knowledge (nature) check to find out what the egg is


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Nature 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22


kn:Nature: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Xallihion

Spoiler:
its a gold dragon's egg, how the humans got hold of one is a complete mystery and technically impossible since gold dragons have been extinct for centuries

Myron

Spoiler:
Its a dragon egg of some kind


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

::Curious. It's a dragons egg.:: Myron telepathically says


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haurhito enters into a trance, as he regards the egg...

1d6 ⇒ 6 rounds later...

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (10) + 35 = 45.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Know nature:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Kurosawa see Xallihion's spoiler, Vec you just know that its a dragon egg


sorry, I didn't see my spoiler

::Not only is it a dragon egg, it's a golden dragon egg. That simply shouldn't be possible. They've been extinct for centureies now.::


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

::"Perhaps its not an actual dragon egg, but it just looks like one? Or maybe this so called human savior has found a way to bring them back? Honestly, I got nothing here. Bit outside my area of expertise"::

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

As you think about, you hear the steps of the golem, its on the move again


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
As you think about, you hear the steps of the golem, its on the move again

::We should hurry.::


::Alrighty then, let's get going. Which way?::


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

::Though we didn't find the one eyed man I do believe we found something equally interesting. Perhaps we should go into the city proper and throw wave after wave of minds laves at the golem until those who put it on us decide to do otherwise. ::


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

or we could just kill it and be done with it


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
VecThan wrote:
or we could just kill it and be done with it

::That works too.::

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The Golem starts attacking one of the walls to get to you quicker, it won't take long before it burst through the wall


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Let's take the egg with us, so that we can study it later, and leave before that golem reaches us again.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

We need to pick a leader. The leading by committee is keeping us from moving the story forward.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Mindflayers? Electing a leader? That smacks of democracy! :-)


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Brother Haruhito Kurosawa wrote:
Mindflayers? Electing a leader? That smacks of democracy! :-)

OOC pick a leader. In character it's unlikely these horrific monsters would work together very well without severe threat of some kind.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

True indeed, I'll let you guys work it out in the OOC thead


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

While it breaks through the wall Vecthan will put some more arrows into the golem
Bow should still be Bane Constructs
Swift action Pass Judgment against Golem (justice and Destruction)
Rapid Shooting Primary Attack
Attack 1:1d20 + 15 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage:1d8 + 6 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (3, 1) + 2 = 15
Attack 2:1d20 + 15 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage:1d8 + 6 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2, 2) + 2 = 18
Attack 3:1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage:1d8 + 6 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (3, 5) + 2 = 24

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The Golem is damaged, but its hard to tell how badly hurt it is since its just made of a strange metal


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron Casts haste on everyone.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright, Vec and Myron already took their actions in the suprice round, everyone else you get a turn, and then roll for initiative


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


I assume that my Mutagen is still up.

Xallihion charges to it biting, as long as it's within 60 feet.

Bite attack: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31

Bite damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Sneak damage, if able: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) = 7

Vec, I don't believe you're able to take a full attack in a surprise around.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Yzy concentrates and fires a shard of deadly crystal at the golem. Manifesting Crystal Shard and augmenting it with 5 power points 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 Ranged touch attack for 6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 4) = 19


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

You are correct you cant do full in a surprise round. I was assuming it as breaking through the wall still (and had rounds til it did) and was trying to damage it. I wasn't thinking it would count as a surprise round. Feel free to reduce my damage.

Init:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Surprise Round:

Haruhito invokes the blessings of the Keeper of the First Vault.

Casting Bless.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Initiative order
Myron
Xallihion
VecThan
Kurosawa
Golem
Yzxcilplix
Myron your turn…


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron points his hand at the oncoming construct and releases a crackling ray of raw magical energy.

Ranged Touch 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 155d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 4, 4) = 16 (SR and DR do not apply)

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

noted, Xallihion your turn


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
noted, Xallihion your turn

I forgot to say that it was an eldrich blast.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Ah, yea it makes sense

651 to 700 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.