Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


501 to 550 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
VecThan wrote:

Vecthan knowing they are only humans will let Myron blast away

Just don't kill any one-eyed men...we may need him to find this egg
And then joins in the fun, being on the lookout for their target

::You ruin all my fun. :: Myron jests

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

alright, are you going in stealthly and then blasting away or blasting away from the start? if it is the later roll initiative and take your action for the supprise round


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
alright, are you going in stealthly and then blasting away or blasting away from the start? if it is the later roll initiative and take your action for the supprise round

Definitely stealth

Stealth 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38


Stealth indeed.

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Stealthy...
Stealth1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

I have no stealth, so I'll hang back till the room is cleared, or trouble arises.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Vec and Myron manage to pass stealthily into the house, but Xallihion gets seen, if only for a moment by one of the guards who start chasing after him


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Vec and Myron manage to pass stealthily into the house, but Xallihion gets seen, if only for a moment by one of the guards who start chasing after him

If Xal doesn't do it first Myron will attempt to dominate the perceptive guard.


I'll start with a Charm Monster, DC 15.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright the Guard saves against the charm monster attempt but fails against the dominate attempt


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Alright the Guard saves against the charm monster attempt but fails against the dominate attempt

speaking into the dominated mans mind

::Act as though you didn't see us and go about your normal business until directed to do otherwise.::

Myron continues stealthing to the compound looking for the one eyed man.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

He carries on as he was, without even nodding


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

::[]i]Why don't we just start dominating people until we have an army?[/i]::Myron thinks to the others.


::Alright then. That sounds like a fine plan.::


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Stealthing about Myron and Xallihion will tag team dominate people as they come across them with the same instruction as the other one.

"Act as though you didn't see us and go about your normal business until directed to do otherwise"

WOn't it be dramatic when they turn on each other at our command.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

I don't need an army to kill a human


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
VecThan wrote:
I don't need an army to kill a human

;;Nor do I, But it is amusing.::


::It's not a matter of need. This is the most efficient way of taking him.::


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito shrugs.

If it helps relieve his boredom, why not let him? Personally, I prefer to not play with my food, but I would not dream of stopping someone else from doing it...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The other guard nods at Myron's command after being dominated


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
The other guard nods at Myron's command after being dominated

The process continues until we find our target.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

When you enter the house you are hit by a wave of magical sunlight, it is very uncomfortable. There is a corridor leading to 2 rooms on the right and 3 on the left, you saw the children in the first room on the left, where do you go?


::Let's start from the right and work our way down?::


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Xallihion wrote:
::Let's start from the right and work our way down?::

Myron nods yes.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright the first room on the right is a dinning room, its empty of everything but the basic furniture. The furniture is very well made, impressive for humanoid craftsmanship.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Let's keep moving. We need to find our target...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The second door on the right is a kitchen, its lavishly made and stocked with human food (which is not that appealing) can we have some perception checks?


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (18) + 33 = 51.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27


Perception1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

right all of you notice that one of the pannels on the wall is fake, it isn't to hard to figure out how to open it. its a tunnel that leads down a long way, too far to see the end but beyond the boundary of the house


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
right all of you notice that one of the pannels on the wall is fake, it isn't to hard to figure out how to open it. its a tunnel that leads down a long way, too far to see the end but beyond the boundary of the house

;;This looks promising.::goes down tunnel.


::Indeed.:: Xal follows as well.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

As you go down the tunnel you start hearing loud thrashing noises and a low keyed costant growl, suddenly you all get hit by a wave of psychic energy, it takes you a few moments but you hear clearly in your heads "Free Me, Free Me and let us destroy these filth once and for all!"


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Hmmm... That sounds intriguing...


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Perception:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Tad late I know...
Vecthan follows...and ponders who is talking to them
Who and what are you? and why should I help YOU?

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I am you better, that answers both questions"


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
"I am you better, that answers both questions"

::So it's illithid then. ::

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Postillithid"


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
"Postillithid"

I have no idea what that means.


::So you're.... the next step?::


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Unafraid of whatever lies before him, Yzx walks forward towards whatever it is that's talking to them ::"Perhaps you are my better, perhaps not, but you are less than King Asmodeus, and it is he who I answer to"::


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Your the one who needs to be freed....I have not found myself in that predicament...So how are you better than me...O' trapped one.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

As you walk foward you come into view of a stone covered room, there is only one thing inside. Its a creature, you couldn't call it an Illithid but the resemblence is there. The creature has large larger and more bestial limbs, with a total of 4 arms that end in deadly claws, his face, while covered in thick strong tentacles, has only one large central eye and many smaller eyes on long thin tentacles. The creature is dressed in plain cheap robes. Its being held in 36 large spears that are piercing its body, they run all the way into the stone and are clearly very firmly lodged there. These spears have many strange glowing inscriptions on them.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Detect magic + spell craft on the spears

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
The spears are magical, the runes are part of the spear, their a magical item in their own right that prevent movement of those impailed by them as long as the spear remains there


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Vecthan will Detect magic/Spellcraft the spears
Spellcraft1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
And I ask again who are you?..and more importantly why should I help you? with a little disdain for the creature in his tone...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Vec see the spoiler for Myron

"I am a perfection personified, at my command I beasts that have yet to walk this world, free me and you may command them at yourself"


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito eyes the creature carefully (for 1d6 ⇒ 2 rounds).

Knowledge(Anything): 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (9) + 35 = 44.

What manner of beast is this, and why is it trapped here?


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Telepathically to only his fellow party members
Are any you buying this "Perfection Personified at all?...I mean even on my worst days when I was less than perfect. I never ended up any where near having 36 spears stickin' me to a wall.
to the creature (and all)
Forgive me for being a bit doubtful, but how does "Perfection Personified" get stuck to a wall with 36 spears? OR was this part of a master-plan that is still unfolding?
Vecthan tries to think if he has seen anything like this before or heard anything
About Creature
Knowledge arcana/planes/religion:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Other knowledge's: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
about rituals involving staking with 36 spears
Knowledge arcana/planes/religion:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Other knowledge's: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
figured id give rolls for all unless you rather roll for targeting specific knowledge

501 to 550 of 781 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.