Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


451 to 500 of 781 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Kurt lives a few blocks away in a simple house, it has a sun painted on each of the windows, he won't go to his house until much later in the day"


Waidda second. We've got the church, yet to be described, and the place his family is at, which is the large building with the griffon on it? And then his house, with the suns on the windows, and where his family isn't? I think I might be confused. I'm not gonna muck it up by posting more before I figure out what's going on here. Sorry about this, I'm just not sure what's going on.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Crap. I meant to tell him to take us to the building where is is currently with the griffon on top.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Right, the building with the griffon is were his parents live, that is where he is at the moment. He lives in the house with the sun windows. He works at the church. Yes?


Got it, thanks. By family, I thought you meant like, wife, daughter, brother.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

I want to direct the mind slave to discretely lead us to the parents house, where he currently is.


Works for me.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

That works for me, too...

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Are you guys going to be going there disguised? stealthed? or in the open?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Are you guys going to be going there disguised? stealthed? or in the open?

Unless we can all stealth their wouldn't be much point. I did tell the kid to take us a discrete route though.


Unfortunately, this does seem to be the case. I don't think we can have enough Disguises to pass around one way or another to do so.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright, the dominated man can take you, there and somewhat discreatly but it will draw attention and you will be seen by someone


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Alright, the dominated man can take you, there and somewhat discreatly but it will draw attention and you will be seen by someone

That's fine, but the fewer someones the better.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright, any precautions anyone is going to take before we move on?


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Vechthan suggests "Why dont we invis or something the non-stealthy people and the us stealthy folks can do our stealthy thing?"


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"I have one invisibility prepared and I am quite stealtful without it. Pick a target."


I don't have any spells whatsoever that I can pass along. Perhaps, however, we can suggest or charm any passersby that see us.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Alright the man takes you along some unused paths, a few tunnels and the like.
Make perception checks to spot onlookers (a total of 3 each)


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Perception: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (9) + 33 = 42.
Perception: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (1) + 33 = 34.
Perception: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (7) + 33 = 40.

If Haruhito spots any onlookers, he will attempt to Charm Monster (DC 24 Will save), or Plane Shift (DC 27 Will) them (if they are within 30' of him at the time).


Perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36
Perception
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Perception:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Perception:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Perception:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Perception
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Stealth
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Perception
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41

DM:
I really want to splat something soon

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

All right you all manage to spot the 3 different things during the journey
1) a strange floating eye was following you
2) a pair of drunken dwarfs saw you as they stumbled about
3) a woman saw you from across the street before she ran inside her house!


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Knowledge checks regarding the eye

arcana 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
Spellcraft 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Dungon 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
Its a modified version of Arcane Eye, its lasted far too long to be the normal version of the spell


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron thinks to the group.

"We're being watched by a variant of an eye spell, however we cant simply attack it beccause it's not an actual object. Thoughts?"


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

"Can one of you Dispel it? Other than that, I suppose just ignore it. I am not overly worried about whatever may be here and am confident we can deal with whatever 'threat' presents itself"


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Using ring to call a spell from my spellbook

Myron turns and utters an arcane word, pointing at the sphere.

Dispel check [dice[1d20+10[/dice]


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

For some reason it's not updating my edits.

Dispel check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The eye winks out of reality for a short period of time but returns not much later


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron thinks to the group::"Someone seems determined to keep tabs on us. I believe our cover is officially blown. "::


::Well then, let's hurry up.::


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Agreed. Let's pick up the pace.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

are you guys going to deal with the other witnesses?


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

I already stated what I intended to do with any witnesses... Charm Monster and/or Plane Shift.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
are you guys going to deal with the other witnesses?

I dominate any witnesses and bring them with us. Cannon fodder or snacks are always welcome additions. ;-)


Yeah, that seems to be the most appropriate way to work this. Attempted Domination/Plane Shift if they resist.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Plus a ring of innocents will at least help us not get carpet bombed or something.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Right well 2 attempts of dominate and a charm monster per witness basically garantees they will follow you


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Right well 2 attempts of dominate and a charm monster per witness basically garantees they will follow you

Then we snag them and continue on our way.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

You are taken to the house as discribed before, it is guarded by 2 half-orcs in the front of the house and a bunch of big dogs. You can see a bunch of children playing inside the house through a window on the ground floor.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
You are taken to the house as discribed before, it is guarded by 2 half-orcs in the front of the house and a bunch of big dogs. You can see a bunch of children playing inside the house through a window on the ground floor.

::The direct approach or does anyone have a better idea?::


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

::"I'd prefer the direct approach, as I do not see much benefit to anything stealthy here."


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

What if he is not there? If we create too much of a ruckus, we could tip him off... Let's try to be relatively subtle. How about a couple of mind blasts?


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

I say we send the stealthy in to check it out having the others ready to rush in if needed. tho doubtful they would be. After their report we decide to wait or direct attack
Sorry for delay i was on vacation since Thursday


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

;;Oh screw it, lets just go in and dominate verything we see and mindblast anything that resists.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

If no one has a better plan Myron proceeds to head forward and mind blast / dominate as needed.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Vecthan knowing they are only humans will let Myron blast away
Just don't kill any one-eyed men...we may need him to find this egg
And then joins in the fun, being on the lookout for their target


Xallihion nods, ready to follow.
Blasting it is.

451 to 500 of 781 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.