Blood of Kheten (Inactive)

Game Master Nathan Goodrich


1 to 50 of 54 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tome Maps | Lion Maps

A wail of agony ascends from the last paladin of Shiver as the necralith falls and its paired spirits flow outward to begin their journey to the Shadowfell. As the ritual falters the arcane field holding Lairess Kallios's body fades away, dropping the black-clad form into the pool below. The woman catches herself, falling to her hands and knees in the shallow water. "I'm alive," she gasps with a surprised look on her face. "I'm alive!"

Throughout the halls lie the bodies of the fallen, many of them former soldiers of the alliance.

Arcana DC 26:
Necrotic energy still pulses through the emptied chambers of Shiver's temple.

Zaar is not present.


Arcana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

Victor moves to attend to the woman on the ground and turns to address the group.

"I know I've said it a lot, but please trust me on this. Whatever this person was before; it has a chance to start a new life."

After making his plea to the group, he returns to the woman and says quietly "Try anything dumb, and there won't be enough of you left to put back in a ring."


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

"Well aren't you sweet," the woman states drily as she glances back up at Victor. "Breathing is enough ambition for me for now. Being mortal again is harder than it looks."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Slayer -24 (Multiclass Barbarian)

Felix fixes his grip on his sword, tenses is muscles as if ready to strike, but then relaxes. His trust in Victor has gotten them this far. Despite having the face of the enemy, it seemed different this time. Choosing to trust Victor, Felix turns to tend any wounded soldiers who may still yet be alive.

I'm trying to see if any of the "dead" minions are actually alive and just unconscious. Building rapport with the army, you know.

I assume I can't use Athletics for this check...

Heal: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

Huh. I hadn't thought about the possibility of survivors, but there could be. None of the Fallen Crusaders will qualify, but...

GM Dice:
Minion Survival: 1d100 ⇒ 39

We'll make a final ruling after we get a few more replies.


Grathurtorm shoulders his maul and then looks around the stone corridors. His eyes retain their ferocity, but it is clear to his companions that he is growing weary. If this isn’t one of those treacherous vipers, where are they? I have a promise to keep. Grathurtorm turns and lets his gaze fall on Lozhen, Siythe and Victor. Have we stopped their ritual or whatever it was? I fear that if we fail in here, the battle will be lost.

We are in the mountain that was being used as a Titanforge? I’m trying to remember what our specific goal here was.


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

With how long this campaign has run on, a refresher on what is happening is more than fair.

Mission:
Dereth has gathered everything he needs to accomplish his goal of resurrecting Irtheddonis the Burning One. He has the giants of Clan Horgus as an ally, he recovered the Trityrric Codex containing information on where to gather the dispersed energies that form the core of Irtheddonis's scattered body in the Threefold Land and has begun the ritual that will bring the primordial lord back into the world.

For Clan Horgus, this is the sum of their existence: to raise their gods and to reignite the Dawn War. Dereth's aim is different. His goal is to recover the Daevasoul of Bahamut, which would give him all of the divine powers of the ancient Daevas. Valasae, the Daeva of Bahamut and Dereth's onetime lover, was sealed into the Threefold Land along with Irtheddonis during the final battles of the Dawn War. His designs after that point are less clear, although he has made allusions to building an army for what he has in mind: an army that includes his enemies as well as his allies.

Your most recent battles took you into the heart of Mount Kor Dal, where Dereth is enacting the ritual to bring back Irtheddonis. The cost has been high and includes the life of the dragon lord Khagdosmus, who challenged Dereth to single combat and lost due to the treachery of another dragon lord, Irthosisk. Your armies managed to push back the forces arrayed outside the mountain, however, and the fighting moved inside the volcanic mountain.

There, you found a temple made to the nascent goddess Shiver, one of Dereth's strongest allies. After a long battle, you managed to strike down the ritual and kill one of the body of Sillessa Kallios. Circle, the remnant of the lich Aggarethal, has possessed the body of the Lairess Kallios. Your battle revealed that the spirits of the twin goddesses were not in their bodies, however, meaning that Shiver is still at large in some form.


Lozhen pauses for a moment, assessing the energies in the room to attempt to answer Grath's question with more certainty:
arcana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27


A look of anxiety and disappointment crosses her face and she shakes her head sadly. She, too, is growing weary "I... don't think so. Not completely. I hope we've slowed them down a little... maybe. But there is still something...bad going on here."


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

Through the necromantic energy suffusing the site, you are able to feel the steady beat of Mount Kor Dal's volcanic heart as it thrums in time with the primordial ritual to reawaken Irtheddonis. The necromantic aura suffusing the temple of Shiver is different, likely a lingering corruption from the presence of the goddess. Left unchecked, such a strong desecration is likely to raise further undead over time.

Felix's search for survivors doesn't turn up anyone.

Circle stands up unsteadily in the pool of water and climbs out before looking at the party. "What should we do now?" she asks.


Grathurtorm draws in a loud breath. We kill a titan before it’s born again Grathurtorm starts to search the right corridors for a path deeper into the mountain, and deeper to the ritual.

perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

And history: 1d29 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 if there is relevant lore to where we would need to go.


"I think, first, we should try to collect ourselves as best as we can without wasting too much time."
Looking around the room, Victor notes that he, as well as the rest of the party, eager and driven as they may be, have been pushed to the breaking point.
"We've dealt Shiver a blow, although I'm not sure how much of one. We need to regroup while we can and follow up with the strongest options we have."


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

As Grathurtorm explores the remainder of Shiver's temple, he continues to find additional iconography worshipping the goddess including the motif of the two becoming one, casting off the mortal shell in exchange for unity and eternal life. He locates two additional passages out of the temple. One is not particularly noteworthy, but from the other he feels waves of heat unusual even within the volcanic mountain.

While historical records speak of Mount Kor Dal being a stronghold of Clan Horgus, he can't recall any that give details about its interior.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Slayer -24 (Multiclass Barbarian)

How bad off is everyone? I'm out of dailies, but that's not a big deal to me. I'm low on surges, but could do 1-2 fights (difficulty depending) still. If we need to, we still have the "move surges around ritual too.

Felix is going to suggest that they follow the unusual heat path. He's tired, but not out for the count quite yet.


I am utterly spent. The only daily I have left is my resistance-granting shield, and I'm out of encounters


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

I'll be listening & answering questions as they come up but otherwise I'm just waiting for you guys to decide what to do. As a reminder, you can short rest to get encounter powers back. No one has explicitly said 'we short rest' but with people poking their noses around the temple & such it's probably safe to assume you can do that.


Female Half Human Paladin - 24

I am pretty much out of everything. So I will use that short rest if I still can do so.

"I'm backing Felix up on that unusal passage. Any interesting markings around in that hall?"


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

No one is doing anything insane, so consider yourselves short rested. If anyone still wants to check something out or do something in the Temple of Shiver, let me know. I'm assuming that the party is moving down the hot passageway for now, though.

As the party moves toward the heat-filled passage, the twinned motifs of the temple of Shiver give way to more traditional Clan Horgus architecture, almost as though the temple was inserted into an existing structure. The hallways are wide to allow the passage of giants and titan-sized statues are interspersed along the passageways. Nothing about the passageway helps to explain the increasingly hot temperatures.

After about a minute of travel, you see an area where a portion of the hallway has collapsed on the left-hand side, leaving a wide hole in the wall. The heat quickly intensifies as you move in that direction.

Perception 30:
You hear the sound of battle in the distance, well beyond the collapsed part of the wall.


Perception(using Arcana): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
"It must have taken some considerable effort and time for Shiver's cult to have dug out that temple."
Victor turns to Circle and tries to ascertain her capabilities in the event of a fight.
"I understand if you're a little unsteady on your legs, as it were, but I don't think the trouble is over yet. We'll do our best to keep you safe, but we don't have the energy to protect you. Do you have any way of defending yourself?"


Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (6) + 28 = 34

Lozhen's keen hearing picks up a sound in the distance. Indicating the direction with a wave of her hand, "I think there's something going on. Sounds like fighting!"


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

Circle looks at Victor unsteadily, "I'm not sure. There's so much I can't remember...I'll try to stay out of the fighting. If I do get in trouble, there are some things I can try."

I'm otherwise waiting for someone to propose a plan. Lozhen has heard some fighting up ahead and there's a hole in the wall to investigate.


Grathurtorm listens for the sounds that Lozhen described.
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Hmmm, if there is fighting here that means one of two things: either allies have breached further than we have and we should hasten to their aid; or Clan Horgus’ alliance has crumbled and there is infighting. If so, I want to watch. Grathurtorm’s mouth widens into a toothy grin, and he clambers to the hole to investigate. It’s getting hot, hopefully everyone still has fire protection

If we have that quick Healing Surge relocation ritual we can do during our short rest, I have only 2 surges and am not at full health.


Victor nods, after taking a moment to catch his breath,
"I agree. We have to finish what we came to do, and whatever is happening down there might provide us an opportunity to strike that we should not waste"
I think I have 4 surges, and I'm at full health


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

Go ahead and figure out the ritual among yourselves. You might also want to look at using Sityhe's Lay on Hands. I'm trying to sort out some details for the next part: hoping to post it up in the next day or two.


Female Half Human Paladin - 24

Siythe listens for the sounds as well
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
After hearing the sound of fighting Siythe tightens the grip on her glaive.
"Let's hope it's allies. Yes, I still have my fire protection from my armor."

Grath, I've got 5 more of my Lay on Hands. They heal for 42HP. How much do you need?

Scarab Sages

So, I was mistaken about my surges. I thought I had 7 left, but I hadn't spent any for the short rest. I now have 3 left. I'm still happy to spread them around if need be.

Ritual Information:
While performing this ritual, you and up to 5 participants in the ritual can choose to lose any number of healing surges and select another participant to gain an equal number of healing surges. No participant can have more healing surges than his or her daily maximum.

Additionally, you or one participant must lose 1 healing surge when performing this ritual.

It's a 5 minute ritual, and costs 10 gold (oh no!) to cast)

Finally, I can restore 1 surge using the Keoghtoms Ointment.

Felix grips his sword, and indicates that he is ready for a rumble.


I believe I have six surges. That's low for Lozhen's standards, but survivable if we need me to share a couple out.

At Grath's remark about fire protection, she looks momentarily distant and murmurs "Ifrit, old friend, I think this is where you come in."...

Actually I don't know if that was needed since I'm not sure anyone was keeping track of her manifestation and it might already have been in that mode...but it sounded fitting.


initiative1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40
initiative2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
Looks like I’m taking the 40


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

A quick clarification before I get started. The Clan Horgus warrens that have been carved into Mount Kor Dal are immense and non-linear. If your soldiers are up ahead, it's safe to assume that they came in from a different direction. Given the current discussion, I'm assuming that the party is going toward the sound of fighting. We haven't resolved the ritual yet, so I guess you moved ahead without it.

As you pass by the collapsed portion of the wall, you feel a tremendous wave of heat coming from the tunnel beyond. The tunnel is massive in size, and one of the giants from Clan Horgus would easily be able to pass through. It appears wholly unlike their architectural efforts, however. Instead the tunnel appears to have been melted from otherwise unworked stone. From where you are standing, the heat is immense and stifling. A bend in the tunnel prevents you from viewing its destination, but you can tell that a low source of red-tinged light is in that direction.

The heat rapidly decreases as you continue on toward the sound of battle. You find yourselves entering a vast cavern that is split in the center by a crevasse over which rises a bridge made of stone. On your side of the bridge, a large statue gives homage to a winged serpent. On the other side of the bridge, a group of alliance soldiers are battling against a Clan Horgus titan and his Malak minions. Zaar is among them, but despite his leadership the fighting has turned desperate.

Arcana or Religion 24:
You recognize that the creature depicted in the statue appears similar to a couatl, but is noticeably different from the good-aligned creature. Its appearance is sinister and spiky outgrowths along its serpentine body suggest a different kind of creature.

DC 36:
The creature depicted in the statue is Vaenrasul, the Primordial Lord of the Void (as in space – the distance between all things), one of the Primordials that was trapped within the Threefold Land. You also notice that some vestige of its presence is in the area that might impact the battle unfolding before you.

Dungeoneering 30:
The bridge over the chasm can bear a considerable load, but is vulnerable to sudden heavy impacts and could collapse. This design appears intentional.

Perception 36 (24 for Zaar):
You hear the approach of heavy footfalls and the grind of stone on stone coming from the far hallway.

GM Dice DC 9000:
Felix Initiative: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34
Grathurthorm Initiative 1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35
Grathurthorm Initiative 2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41
Lozhen Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Siythe Initiative: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32
Victor Initiative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Zaar Initiative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Soldiers Initiatve: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Horgus Avalanche Initiative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Horgus Flame Destroyer Initiatve 1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Horgus Flame Destroyer Initiatve 2: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Malak Phalanx Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Malak Phalanx Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Heroes win Initiative! LOL, I was going to keep Grathurtorm's roll above, but I beat his and so you guys got the higher result. I made up initiative numbers for Victor & Zaar, but I'll need the correct numbers later.

Notes: I'm not sure if Zaar is 100% ready to go yet so we might see some delays on this turn. The malak and soldier groupings are both effectively swarms. For the Soldiers, someone tell me what you want them to do and I'll resolve their action since I have their stats. Hopefully this goes smoothly enough...


arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
dungeoneering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Perception (using Arcana): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35

Victor looks to Felix, Grath, and Siythe after spotting Zaar and his forces on the other side of the chasm,
"You need to get over there and reinforce that squad! Help establish a front and Lozhen and I will come around over the bridge."

As he says this, a warm breeze begins to blow from the hall they came from. But, it was not the same hot, stifling air that they had felt just a minute ago, but an energizing gust that began to lift the party off the ground.

Breath of the Desert Dragon wrote:
Area burst 3 within 10 squares: Each creature in the burst can fly 12 squares as an immediate reaction. Until the end of my next turn, each target can fly 12 squares as a move action

I don't know how strictly we are going to adhere to initiative on pbp; I can modify my post if It is out of turn. If we are going to follow init, though, we definitely need to stay on top of checking and posting or else this fight will take an actual year :v


Arcana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33

"Looks to me like that bridge may be rigged. Maybe we can find a way to use that to our advantage later. I think it'll hold our weight if we don't do any crazy jumping around on it, but I don't suggest anyone stand there longer than you need to." So saying, she floats forward on the wind provided by Victor's spell, firing a potshot from her staff at the Titan before her form dissolves into a firefly swarm.

Storm Spike: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28

I just copied the format from the post above, but it occurs to me there's a possibility that may be too many actions per turn. Or are DC checks not counted towards actions now?


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

In terms of how closely we are following initiatve, right now it is the turn of Team Hero. All of you get to go, largely in the order of when you post. If you need to wait for an ally to go, say so and it will happen that way instead. We're doing it this way (Team Hero then Team Monster, ect) for speed reasons. Don't wait for everything to be staggered properly or this won't happen.

Don't forget that someone needs to command your soldier swarm.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Slayer -24 (Multiclass Barbarian)

Felix is going to move up 7 squares towards "big-ugly", then he's going to charge the remaining squares (Thanks to Auff, I should have 12 move this round, and can fly over anything needing flying over).

He will enter the "really really hard" stance, and power attack.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (2) + 33 = 35 (if my edit changes my die-roll, the original roll was a 2, for a total of 33)
If that hits, Felix deals:
damage: 2d12 + 49 ⇒ (3, 3) + 49 = 55 damage.

Move: Move up 7 squares
Minor: Assume the Duelist Assault Stance as an At-Will Power.
Standard: Charge with power attack.


Female Half Human Paladin - 24

flying down I will also be aiming for the big baddie and any other baddies in a burst 3
Astral Thunder: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (10) + 27 = 37
attack roll: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (4, 8) + 15 = 27 thunder damage, target takes a penalty to attack rolls (6) until the end of my next turn.
Also Divine Challenge/marking on big baddie


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

You should be able to move your minis yourself. Also, remember to roll an attack against each enemy in the burst..


Female Half Human Paladin - 24

So I hadn't really thought that through, if I just use that Breath of Desert Dragon, I'll land right on the bridge and won't get that big guy in there nor any others. Could I take an extra move it make it a thing?


I moved my character as well


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

The move from Breath of the Dragon is an immediate. You can still move on your turn if you need to position more. And you still have fly 12 during your turn.


As soon as his enemies are spotted, Grathurtorm's hammer is in his hand and he is ready to fight. Grathurtorm tries to take stock of the situation;
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
but Victor's response and spell is too quick and he is forced to improvise his attack. Riding the warm desert updraft he clears the chasm and lands next to Felix and the Titan.
Clan Horgus shall fall by my Maul! Learn to fear the might of Ugrimm's new dawn and it's warlord, Grathurtorm!
He raises his maul and strikes at the titan, a blow meant to hearten his allies and the soldiers who can see him.
Rousing Assault: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (1) + 29 = 30

On Hit:
Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 5) + 13 = 32 and Grath gains a bonus to healing equal to his Cha bonus. Also, if he hits he'll use Demoralize Foe to cause a -2 penalty on the Titan's attacks against him EONT


Iajutsu-Free Action when rolling initiative
Immediate Action to start flying using Breath of the Desert Dragon
Move Action to finish closing the distance
Standard Action for Rousing Assault
Free Action for Demoralize Foe, but only on a hit
no Minor Used
Also, since a great many of my powers use other peoples attacks I could use basic Melee attack stats from my allies. Except Victor, he can just set everything on fire on his own turns.


Not an attack from Grathurtorm until I try to be cool and the dice betray me. Upside I didn't expend Demoralize Foe


Female Half Human Paladin - 24

Ok, there we go, I'm moved into a better position. It also gets me all 4 of the little guys. So I'll roll for them as well.

first: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (19) + 27 = 46
ad: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (2, 1) + 15 = 18

second: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30
ad: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 6) + 15 = 27

third: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (10) + 27 = 37
ad: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (7, 6) + 15 = 28

fourth: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (14) + 27 = 41
ad: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (4, 7) + 15 = 26

Let me know if that works or if I should adjust something. Or re-roll for that titan.


As Zaar begins to charge towards the titan, he notices the others dropping down from above in front of him.

The dragonborn stops in his tracks, and a look of despair transforms into resolve on his blood-caked face.

With revived furor, the scaled beast lets out a bloodcurdling draconic scream as he prepares for the incoming onslaught.

Dice:


These attacks are StrMod + 6 vs. Will.
Dragonfear: On hit: Target is marked, takes -2 penalty to attack rolls, and grants combat advantage until the end of my next turn.

First Group
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (6) + 27 = 33
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (8) + 27 = 35

Second Group
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (5) + 27 = 32
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (20) + 27 = 47
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (11) + 27 = 38
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (1) + 27 = 28

Third Group (If they didn't get vaporized by the Paladin)
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (9) + 27 = 36
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (13) + 27 = 40
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (12) + 27 = 39

Big Baddy
Dragonfear: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (20) + 27 = 47

Actions:


Move: I move two squares north and one square Northwest.
Standard: Dragonfear
Minor: Rain of Steel Stance (any enemy that starts its turn next to me takes 1(W) damage as long as I can make opp. attacks


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

Good morning everyone! Sorry I didn't get to this earlier: I had a rough day yesterday and blew off almost everything. Anyhow...

The Horgus Flame giant before you shrugs off your small, weak attacks and shouts a triumphant cry, as he is energized by the presence of additional foes. He swings his sword in a huge arc at his enemies.

Flame giant is afflicted with Dragonfear, but everything else missed him. I'm proceeding on the assumption that Zaar's Dragonfear mark isn't doing anything special to him other than the -2 given the distance they are away. The mark replaced Divine Challenge.
Felix vs AC: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (6) + 27 = 33
Siythe vs AC: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34
Grathurtorm vs AC: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (9) + 27 = 36
Flame Giant damage: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17 - on hit: take ongoing fire 10

The Malak dwarves shift their ranks to meet the new foes attacking them as a clap of thunder rolls through their ranks.

The northeast swarm is affected by Astral Thunder & takes 32 damage. Both swarms are affected by dragonfear. I've replaced the 4 enemies/swarm with one each since you guys were attacking them separately.
NE Swarm: Siythe vs AC: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 - triggers a mark violation from Zaar
NE Swarm: Zaar vs AC: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36
NE Swarm damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

SW Swarm: Zaar vs AC: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (11) + 25 = 36
SW Swarm damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The thumping from the north grows louder as two frost giants enter the chamber. They are dragging large sacks behind them in one hand and carry a boulder in the other.

Both giants double move into the room.

The allied soldiers are heartened by the appearance of additional allies, but their unit commanders shout for them to repel the frost giants: the boulders they carry would do great damage to their formation.

Someone remember to give these guys orders on your turn. It might be easiest if someone claimed them?
S Frost Giant vs AC: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32
S Frost Giant vs AC: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35
S Frost Giant vs AC: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (16) + 25 = 41
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 - This is one attack with three rolls, not three separate attacks. They hit & damage the frost giant.

GM Notes:
Flame Destroyer damage taken: 0
NE Malak Swarm damage taken: 32
SW Malak Swarm damage taken: 0
N Frost Avalanche damage taken: 0
S Frost Avalanche damage taken: 10

As the battle rages on, you notice arcane energy beginning to build up around the statue to the west as it crackles with electricity.


How does stuff like interrupts work in a play by post? I have a couple options, since the giant made an attack that didn't include me...

Also anything that started within attack range of me that I can Opportunity attack would take damage when they started their turn near me.

Sorry I just got to get used to playing 4e again as well as learning how to be play by post.

And extra sorry for killing your boss debuff, Siythe -- new to the whole defender thing. Historically Zaar was a warlord, so I only had to keep people alive and give Felix free attacks and take damage from Auff.


Tome Maps | Lion Maps

The interrupt & beginning of turn stuff works uncomfortably, Zaar.
Go ahead & apply it now. If your attack killed an enemy before it actually got to act, the party would get to recover any negative effects of the actions it made. We might figure out better ways to do it as we go. For now, I'd recommend you get your Rain of Steel damage for last turn in, take your immediate attack, take the rest of your turn and then pre-roll your Rain of Steel damage again so I can apply it to them as their turn starts.


Swarming Locusts on Flame Titan: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (9) + 25 = 34
on Ice Giant: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35
if that hits: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (8, 5) + 15 = 28
Coming up behind the monster, Lozhen conjures a swarm of fierce biting insects in the space between the titan and his nearest ally. The damage may be minimal, but the distraction, she hopes, could provide the boost her friends need.

I'm having a little trouble counting squares with certainty on the map. I *thinK* I moved 11. If that doesn't work and she can't actually get that far, I'll retcon this and go investigate that ominous statue.
Or is it possible to do an Arcana check on it without going over to it?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Slayer -24 (Multiclass Barbarian)

No longer the sole person near the big fiend, Felix is going to shift stances, and deliver a heavy attack.

I am not sure if Heidi gave us combat advantage or not, so my attack roll is WITHOUT it.

Melee Basic Attack Roll: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (7) + 29 = 36
Melee Basic Damage Roll: 2d12 + 31 + 9 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 31 + 9 + 8 = 56

Turn Breakdown:
Move: None.
Minor: Change to Unfettered Fury Stance (-2 to hit, +8 damage)
Standard: Melee Basic with Power Attack (-2 to hit, +9 damage)


Female Half Human Paladin - 24

Strength of Ten, Close Blast 3: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (11) + 29 = 40
Attack Damage: 4d4 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 4) + 13 = 25

This attack will cause me to push the target 3 squares, given how everyone is around the Flame Giant, Im going to push that swarm that is next/behind me. They will also be subject to my divine sanction until the start of my next turn. Let me know if I need to make any adjustments. Also, the Flame Giant missed his attack on me.


Victor finishes closing the gap between himself and Zaar, letting loose with two rapid waves of flame before alighting next to one of the enemy squads pinning the dragonborn down.
"It's been awhile since I've seen you in a real fight, my friend! I hope you haven't lost your edge!" Victor chimes in as the flames subside, showing a grin so subtle it would be easy to miss.

ACTIONS:
MOVE: Still have move 12, landed at end of turn
STANDARD Burning Spray (vs reflex)
to hit NE swarm near Zaar: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (5) + 27 = 32
to hit SW swarm near Zaar: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (13) + 27 = 40
damage: 2d8 + 31 ⇒ (8, 4) + 31 = 43
MINOR Burning Spray (vs reflex) (once per encounter, Quickened Spellcasting feat)
to hit NE swarm near Zaar: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (9) + 27 = 36
to hit SW swarm near Zaar: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (8) + 27 = 35
damage: 2d8 + 31 ⇒ (3, 3) + 31 = 37


Out of the corner of his eye, Zaar senses movement from one of the swarms. He instinctively swings down the battleaxe in retaliation.

1d10 ⇒ 2

After hearing Victor's voice, the towering dragonborn quickly slices through another acting swarm, shouting back, "Well, if I've lost that edge, I'm sure you're reforge me in fire soon enough!"

1d10 ⇒ 3

I was going to pull an instant, but that would screw up what everyone else is doing so I'll hold on to it for more dire circumstances.

1 to 50 of 54 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Kheten Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.