Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Blood of Heroes. (Inactive)

Game Master Mrdarknlight


301 to 350 of 632 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male

"What's your preference my friend? Something raw? 1 bark Cooked? 2 barks As for a drink, do you want something with a kick? 1 bark Or something like water or milk? 2 barks"


The creatures barks once, before barking twice.


"Fafhrd, it seems you making progress with the creature. I wonder if creature has a nsame and how did the creature end up here."


Male

"Let me check our wares," Fafhrd told the beast as he filled up a bowl he had found under the bar with water from a rain barrel he had carried in earlier while preparing the bar.

While putting the bowl down in front of the beast, he would address Chuluun, "I know not of what its name might be or how it would communicate it with us, but I find creature a suiting name for now as knowledge of its kind still eludes me. That is if it does not mind being addressed as such."


Asriel is translating as of right now. Figured would save time instead of having extra posts for no reason.

The creature seems very grateful to Fafhrd for the water and begins to drink. After done drinking it barks twice, before looking around for something. It seems to spot what it was looking for and walks over to a rock on the ground and makes a gesture towards it.


Male

Fafhrd, coming back from his endeavor into what they had in terms of food, would notice the creature start off. With an inquisitive expression, he would follow it over to the rock.

"What's this?" he would inquire as he knelt down to examine the rock.

Might I inquire into what we have in terms of raw meat for our guest?


The creature barks after Fafhrd picks up the stone than shows its teeth. After showing its teeth for a few seconds as if to show Fafhrd its teeth the creature goes back to normal.

There is half of a cow. What you guys were going to eat for dinner.


Male

Is the creature missing any of its teeth? Does the rock seem to be anything more than just a normal rock?

Fafhrd would give the beast an odd look. He would have to take a closer look at the rock later, but for now he needed to be a good host. Slipping the rock away in one of his pockets, Fafhrd would go back to the others.

"What do you think we can spare of our dinner for our guest here?"


It has all of its teeth. It is just a normal rock. Though you noticed it did not move until you talked about a name.


name: rock-teeth


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Stonetooth


Guys are close.


Jael stares as the creature as the group speaks to it before saying "Excuse me, but how did it get into the city?"


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

"That's a good question. A really good question. A question whose answer we may be able to exploit as a method into and out of the city without being noticed."


Male

Fafhrd would look from the beast to Jael and back again.

"How about it Rocky, care to show us how you got in the city?"


The creature barks once at Fafhrd's question.

Guys want to wait for Caine to come back from his walk or just go and tell him when he gets back? Also check the OOC thread.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Go ahead without me, I had my moment in the spotlight earlier. I don't mind being off camera for a while.


The creature looks at the group before heading towards the door. Once outside the creature waits for those who are going to follow, start to move. The creature starts to take the group north for some time before starting to lead the group towards the market.
Once near the market place the creature turns to head towards the wall. After a few more minutes you are standing in front of a gated tunnel. The gate seems to have rusted open. The smell from the tunnel seems to tell you that it leads to the sewers under the city. The creature than stops and turns to look at the group.


Male

Not one to go anywhere unarmed, Fafhrd lifts his Avari Maul and places it easily over his shoulder before starting out after the beast.

"No time like the present, eh?" he would comment to the others as he started out.

...

Keeping close to the beast, in case someone else might find it unwanted, Fafhrd would wrinkle his nose as they neared the tunnel.

"Phew, that's one hell of a way to get in."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

No time indeed. Viktor says, following the large man out.

"It may be a helluva way in, but it is a way in." he says, holding his nose as they reached the tunnel.


Male

"How is it the beast does not smell foul after traversing such a stench filled place?"


The creature walks away from the tunnel a few minutes later you hear women speaking of their day and families as well as the sound of water. After a few more moments you come to a large waterway full of water that seems to be used to dump water. After showing you the creature takes you back to the tunnel.


After looking around the opening a bit the group decides to go back to the bar to wait for Caine to return to inform him of what you all had found. With the trip done you all make it back to the bar quickly.

Checks:

Fafhrd:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Viktor:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Chuluun:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Fafhrd:

You notice that you were being followed on most of the way back. The person following never got to close, so you could not make them out clearly.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine wanders back whistling to himself and then stops after he gets through the doors.

"Is that me? Did I step in something? Nope. Why does the bar smell like a pig farm?"


Male

"Our friend here came into the city in a rather dirty manner so thank him. Though the person following us about is of more interest to me right now. Did you notice anyone tailing you?" Fafhrd would ask from his position behind the bar where he was already engaged in trying to wash away the lingering smell.


Caine:

You did not notice anyone following you.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Nope, don't think so. What's going on?"


Fafhrd tells Caine "No idea, I noticed that we were being followed after our trip with the creature."

After the talk about all the information they had found the group. The next few days past by without much incident as the the group wait for the smithy to be ready, as well as setting up the bar to be the way they wished it to be. Asriel wishing to see more of the city went out one morning. It turned to afternoon while some of you wondered where Asriel might of went to when a young child showed up with a package for the group. After delivering the package the child head away.

Instead of the box is a note as well as, a headband that you all notice to be Asriel's. The group opens the note which reads "You messed with the wrong people. Now you shall all pay."


Drankich:

It has been a few days since you have be captured by a group of thugs. They did this to you because you helped one of the people they were after. Today however you notice that there is another person in the cage by your's. It appears to be a male Fakir, that was knocked unconscious.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine takes off running as soon as he sees what's in the box, looking around to try to spot the kid who delivered the package.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Caine notices the boy a bit away from the door.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine moves fast when he wants to. In a flash he's next to the kid and has a hold of his shirt.

grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Kid, I'm not going to hurt you, but I need you to take me to wherever you got that package. A friend of mine is in trouble."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


The child looks at Caine for a moment before saying "You going to pay me?"

Yes he is one of those kids.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Yes." Caine says dropping a silver into the kid's hand. "If we get a lead on where our friend went there'll be more."


DM

Spoiler:
Surprised by seeing another person in his makeshift prison, Drankich tries to speak with the creature, once he wakes up. "Hey buddy, what are you in for? Are you alright?"


The child looks at the coin than says "Okay."

Drankich:

The man looks around confused for a bit before turning towards you saying "In what? I could be better."


DM:

Spoiler:
"Well, you are in a cage, just like me. I'm not here by my free will, and I figure the same for you. I'm here for sticking my nose if other people's business apparently. I can heal you up some, if you are injured. Bit, I think we need to figure a way out of here...cages aren't for me."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor chases after Caine, ready to go get his companion back, if possible. Where to? he asks, reaching Caine and the boy.


Fafhrd and Chuluun follow behind Viktor. The boy looks towards Viktor before saying "This way." The boy leads the group to the port area of the city, which takes some time to get to. After a few moments the boy takes the group to a smaller sized building. He turns to the group "Here is where I got the package. Have fun." He than runs off.
The building seems to contain two floors and few windows. The entrance is a large wooden door.

Drankich:

The man looks at the lock before saying "I think I can handle that." As he goes to see about the lock four men walk into the room. The largest laughs as he sees the man try to pick the lock "Well well, you woke up faster than I thought you would be able to." After he speaks the other three men walk up to the cage, the newcomer is in, they pull out small club like weapons before opening the cage. They than go and beat the newcomer senseless than pick him up to drag outside the room. The large one than turns to you and says "This is your lucky day, you get to hear what we are going to do to you." He than turns and walks out of the room as well. A few minutes later you hear screams of pain.


DM

Spoiler:
DM, what is the cage made of that I am in? How sturdy does that lock appear?


Drankich:

Looks like steel to you. Lock seems pretty sturdy to you. It is similar to a prison cell.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine doesn't even bother with recon, he just points down the side of the building.

"Vic, Chuluun, do a circuit of the building. If there's another entrance, use it. Go in quiet. Look for stairs. Any prisoners aren't going to be on the ground floor, but it's a toss up if they're upstairs or in some basement. Faf, you're with me. Let's go in and get their attention."

And after a moment to give Victor and Chuluun time to get moving, Caine simply knocks on the door.


DM

Spoiler:
The monk looks around, realizing there was nothing he could do in his current predicament. Other than wait it out. He hoped the other prisoner was still alive, and that he might be able to heal him, when he was thrown back in the cage.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor nods. He also casts Bull's Strength on Caine, figuring Fafhrd will attend to himself.

Viktor runs around the side of the building, looking for an alternate entrance.

How many Mage Armors into the day am I? Am I still on my first, or am I on my second by now? If I'm on the first still, I'll use one of my remaining Extend rod uses on an extended shield, and another on an extended Bull's Strength. If I'm already on the second, I'll extend the shield, and just cast Bull's strength before I go in, if I find another door.


Viktor:

You do not notice any other easily accessible entrances. Second Mage armor.

The ferrin you had a fought with a few days ago opens the door noticing it is you he says "F~&#." before slamming the door shut.

Fafhrd seeing the ferrin walks over to the door and attempts to kick it down. After one good kick the door splits open with the ferrin trying to arm himself.

Fafhrd Strength Check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Drankich:

The screams of pain you hear get louder for a few minutes before they just stop.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor, finding no other entrances, will return to the front of the building, casting his Bull's strength then, and moving in with the first group, drawing his blade.

No other entrances. Leastwise, not that would be easy to get to.

DM:
Just so I'm sure, you remember that my daily thing is to cast Extended MAs, not regular ones, right? Again, just to be sure.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"You lot are really, really not very bright." Caine says as the door bursts open, walking in with calm, deliberate purpose, kicking the the ferrin's legs out from under him as he backpedaled, kneeling next to him and punching the ferrin right in the face.

trip: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
subdual damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Raising his voice so anyone nearby could hear he said "Every one of you I see, I'm going to ask a single question. First one to say yes gets to walk out with us when we leave. The rest of you get to experience everything you've done to the man we're here for."

Lowering his face near the downed Ferrin, he said "Will you take us to our friend?"


Viktor:

What time in the morning does your character normally get up?

The ferrin dodges from the trip before moving into the way of Caine's fist. Chuluun than rushes forward to take a swing with his scythe at the enemy Ferrin.

Chuluun Attack:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 102d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 71d6 ⇒ 2

Chuluun misses the Ferrin as he leans back. He than takes a swing at Caine while saying "Neither does it seem you are." Missing because of his taunting.

Enemy:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Redirect.

trip: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

vicious stomp: 20 + 9 = 29
subdual damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
subdual damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Let's just say the end of my last post happens here instead.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor comes through behind Caine, sword drawn and ready, although Caine seems to be taking care of things quite nicely.

Ready an Action to attack any who come close

DM:
Probably somewhere around an hour after dawn.

301 to 350 of 632 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Heroes: Game Play Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.