Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Blood of Heroes. (Inactive)

Game Master Mrdarknlight


201 to 250 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male

"I would suggest full plate myself. We can of course adorn it with a red cape to match the sign. Should it have some type of weapon? Perhaps a shield?"


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

A large blade would probably be best. Either a greatsword or hand-and-a-half sword. While a shield would be cool, as a group, we aren't trying to be defensive, and we don't want them thinking we're defensive, however subliminal that message may be. We're not here to defend what rights are left, we're here to topple a corrupt government and take back the rights that have been lost.

The smaller bit is whispered, as we are in public.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

I'm pretty sure everyone here is in on the plan. If not, assume this is whispered too.

"The people we're drawing in are a defensive lot. Ideological aggression burns out pretty quick. Not many people can handle being a zealot for too long. Ideological defense never burns out. These are folks who have had things taken. Sure they wanna hit back, but mostly they want to protect what's theirs. I say shield. It's iconic. For a weapon, a mace. It's simple and brutal. We can always put a big two-hander on his back too."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

I've never been real defensive, I've always had a sort of go-and-get-it attitude, but I guess that's why I don't see it the same way. Broadsword and shield will do nicely, then.

I misread something. I thought we were outside talking about it, but we're on the first floor. No need to whisper.


Outside is after you are all done talking about the sign. Just remember after you have all decided tell me which part of the city you want to go to first.


Chuluun looks at Jael and gives a shrug as he watches the rest seem delighted in discussing the bar décor, "Guess we will let them have the fun decorating this establishment."

"Well, I do need to visit the smithy that will be making our revolutionary tools. Perhaps, afterwards Jael and myself could go to the food market to what local produce is available, then into the surrounding country side to see what herbs, berries, plants we could use."


Lessa continues to makes notes as the group speaks while Ocvran listens to what they wish to do with the tavern.

Jael shakes her head at Chuluun's suugestion of going into the surrounding country "A permit is needed to leave the city, at this time there appears to be strange creatures attacking travelers. As for the smithy" She turns to look at Ocvran he than says "The smithy is a bit of a ways from here. It is in the north western part of the city. Give me a moment." He than leaves and returns with a map of the city, it finds a piece of coal and circles where the smithy it is before handing it to Jael.

Jael nods before saying "Are you ready to be off than?"


Chuluun curses in Druidic at hearing a permit is needed to leave the city. Speaking with annoyance clearly in the tone of his voice, "This is crazy. I sure this is more to do with controlling the population while they do sinister activities beyond the city's wall. Definitely need to get a tree of a type found in the wilderness planted some where safe here so I when I can travel via trees I can do it without notice. Actually a few types would be better, including a tree from Animus. Need to see if we create a private garden somewhere."

In a more calm voice, "Well if no one has objections Jael and myself would like to head off to the smithy."


Chuluun:

Do you want me to to tell what what you see on the way or just take you right to the smithy?


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

I'll come with you, if you don't mind, seeing as how I'll be working there too. Ocvran, would you like to come as well?


Ocvran shakes his head "No, I have some business to finish here."


DM:
Important significant places that would interest Chuluun. I adding Perception rolls for spotting anything that might interest him, or Erke.

Chuluun perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Erke perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"You crazy kids have fun. I'm going to stick around here, maybe I'll start arranging tables or something. Was one of these new folks supposed to be my assistant?"


The last member of the group, who is a younger Avari male, says "I am your assistant. Was there anything you needed of me?"

Chuluun:

You notice a lot of the people seems to acting odd. About half way through your trip you see a massive tree. It has silvery leaves and very dark colored bark that seems to be almost black.

Smithy:

After about a hour of walking you all make it to the smithy. It is a decent sized building from the front. When you walk in you see racks of weapons as well as armor on display. A Ferrin child walks up to you "Are you here to see my papa?"


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Naw, just checking who drew the short straw. Name's Caine."


As they approach the tree, he pauses briefly to attempt to identify the tree. Chuluun also casts detect magic on the tree.

Once done, they continue to the smithy. Chuluun smiles to the Ferrin child, "Yes, we are here to see your papa."

While waiting, he takes a look at the items on display.

Rolls:
Chuluun knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Chuluun appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


"I am Nario." He says to Caine putting out a hand to shake.

Chuluun:

No clue what type of tree it is. It is giving off magic. It is giving off three auras, Abjuration, Necromancy and Transmutation.

Smithy:

"Okay than." The young boy runs off and a few moments later a large Ferrin male comes out of the back. "Hello there, what can I do for you all?"


Smithy:
When the large Ferrin asks, Chuluun speaks softly, "May we go to a room that allows us to speak privately with you."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Privacy would be preferred.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine shakes his hand. "I'm not going to run you ragged. You help out however suits you best. Don't worry much about me. I'm low maintenance."


Smithy:

The large Ferrin looks at the group oddly before saying "Very well than, let us go to my office." He than leads them to behind the forge of the smithy, to a large metallic looking door. Opening the door he invites you all in and sits at his desk. "What is it that I can do for all of you?"

Chuluun:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Viktor:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception:

You both notice that even though the forge is right out the door you hear nothing.

Anyone else wish to check out other parts of the city?


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Smithy:
I had something in mind to tell/ask him last night, but i can't seem to think of it now. :/


Smithy:
"We are on a quest on behalf of Ena and Peadair.", deliberately leaving out the Watcher, "In order for us to do our quest, we require the help of a local smithy. They indicated to us that you would be able to help us."


Smithy:

The large Ferrin man looks at you for a moment before saying "I see, well than, you can call me Auru. Why is it that you come today?"

Black Knight Bar:

There seems to be a large ruckus outside.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Smithy:
We're here today to check out the facilities.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine turns his eyes toward the door and raises an eyebrow.

"Sounds exciting out there."

Making his way to the front, he opens the door and leans casually in the doorframe to take a look at the cause of all the noise.


Smithy:

"Very well than, what do you wish to see first? The forge outside of this door is the main forge, we have two other smaller forges. The main one is used mostly for weapons and armor. The other two are for more domestic items. Auru says to the group.

Chuluun will be gone for a week so just you.

Black Knight Bar:

You see an odd dog shaped creature with, grey armored plates, clawed feet, large fangs and a horn being surrounded by some of the city folk. It seems to be barking at the city folk not allowing them to get near it.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Smithy:
If you don't mind, I'd like to see the main forge.Is Ocvran with us?


Black Knight Bar:

Asriel moves to peer outside over Greyson's shoulder.

Taking 10 on knowledge check to identify the creature = 31


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

BK Bar:
"What the..." Caine says, looking to Asriel for any kind of information.


Asriel:

You think it is a Gwyligi. It seems to be different from others of its species. For one, most Gwyligi do not have armored skin or a horn, another is it larger than most you have heard of. It is also very odd to see one in a city.

Gwyligi are dog like creatures that like to harasses travelers. There gaze is said to paralyze or make people slumber. After this is done they take the travelers equipment to bury to eat later. They are known to eat almost anything but it must be buried first.

Smithy:

He is at the Bar.
Auru opens the door and takes you around the main forge. It is very large from what you can tell,it being about ten across, with very sturdy looking stone work. You can see that it is in very well kept shape, as well that it seems to be very clean for a smithy. All the tools are kept orderly and within arms reach of the smiths that you see working.

Anything you want to know exactly?


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Smithy:
All well-kept; I like what I see.

Not particularly. I was going to get Ocvran's view on it, but that can wait, I suppose.


Male

Fafhrd, having found a strange pleasure in polishing the bar, would raise his head from his work to peer questioningly at the others.

"Trouble?" he would ask simply.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Don't know yet. There's something big and ugly accosting people, but I'm not sure which side started it yet."

sense motive on big ugly and crowd: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Smithy:

Auru grins "Thank you I do try my best to keep the place orderly. Now than when do you use to start use of the forge? That as well leads to me asking what do you wish to make? If it is a great number of things I will have to start to buy the materials now." He pulls out a journal to write what will be needed.

Black Knight Bar:

The crowd moves back a bit from the creature as it starts to growl, instead of bark.

Caine:

You get the feeling that the crowd is scared of the creature and want to kill it. The creature on the other hand you get a feeling it wants to be left alone.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Smithy:
We'll be starting work either this week, or next week. We plan to make a bunch of seemingly roughly made weapons, but balanced well. So, swords, axes, the whole nine yards.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"I've seen enough." Caine says, walking forward out from under the eve.

"Any particular reason you folks are making a scene in front of my bar?" Caine says loudly.


Smithy:

Auru writes down in his book before say "Very well than, I will try to have all material ready in time for you all.

Black Knight Bar:

A Ferrin man turns and says "None of your business." He turns back to look at the creature.

Sorry about late post busy weekend.


Smithy:
Chuluun walks behind Viktor and Auru, remaining silent as Auru showed them the forge. Speaking as he views the forges, "Yes, we looking at making well balance simple weapons. How many swords, axes can your smithy produce in a week using all the forges?"


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"It just became my business." Caine said, walking down a few steps. "Doesn't look to me like he's looking for a fight, so that tells me you lot are. Less one of you can give me a damn good reason for your grief with him, you're about to get a lot more than you bargained for."


Smithy:

Auru thinks for a moment before answering Chuluun's question "It depends on the type of weapon you wish made. If you mean military grade weapons about eleven weapons a week. If you mean more simple weapons about twenty. As for armor it also depends on the type of armor, but no less than five suits of light or medium armor a week. All these numbers are if all my smiths work on just one or the other. Half these if you want both made at the same time."

Black Knight Bar:

The Ferrin man turns again but this time a few others of the group turn as well "Again it none of your business and I do not like your tone, so I suggest you fix your tone or we will fix it for you."

Cain Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Fafhrd Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Asriel Perception:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

You notice that the other men seem to be reaching for something hidden in their clothes.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine chuckles to himself and shucks off his cloak, looking like nothing much more than a bar fly. He cracks his neck and says "Why do folks like you assume that numbers will let you get away with acting like a!@~#$$s..."

Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

readied action, interrupt first attack w/ disarm.
Disarm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Smithy:
Chuluun nods, "Good to hear. We also would need to move the produced weapons to the tavern without notice when we need them."
He remembered that they were in a new city, "As we are new to this city, can you fill us in on what we should know. Any strange things happening here. We walked past a large strange tree from our tavern. Do you perhaps know anything about this tree? The tree has silvery leaves and very dark coloured bark that seems to be almost black."


DM Rolls::

Initiative:
Eruus Thug:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Fakir Thug:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ferrin Thug:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Boss:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Initiative:
Fafhrd:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Asriel:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Black Knight Bar:

Fafhrd and Asriel you both do not act in the first round.

Caine the Fakir thug rushes towards you drawing a short sword from his clothing. He holds the short sword, low to stab you, but in the instant before it would pierce your flesh you grab hold of the attackers hand. With a twist you force him to drop the weapon.

Eyeing you carefully the Eruus of the group walks moves to the one side of you, while the Ferrin thug does the same. Both draw weapons as they move. The Eruss holds an axe, while the Ferrin holds an odd shaped dagger. The boss watches the fight, seemly noting the skill with which you disarmed the first attacker.

Smithy:

Auru thinks for a while before saying "There are a few things that would be called strange. I mostly hear of them as rumor though what I have heard has mostly been changed greatly from the original. I will ask around though for less embellished versions of these rumors."
He than stops and snaps his fingers before saying "Though there is one rumor I have heard most often that seems to stay the same is of the Knight. From all the stories I can tell the warrior seems to be a knight spirit who protects children who are in trouble. I would have left it at nothing but children fantasies but one of my smiths saw the spirit one night himself. As for the tree I do not know what to tell you other than it has always been there. All we know is it is very old."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Positioning? Are the other two close enough to reach, or would I have to move?


Forgot to post updated map.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Thanks.
on his action
The moment after Caine takes the sword he slams his foot into the side of the man's ankle and plants a shoulder into him...
redirect trip, triggered by previous attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

...head butting him as he falls.
attack triggered by improved trip against his standing ac: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
nonleathal damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

as the man hits the ground Caine snaps his foot into the man's head
vicious stomp, against prone ac, triggered by him falling prone: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
nonleathal damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

my action
As the man groans on the ground Caine tosses the short sword behind him with a flick of his wrist spinning it toward the bar and shuffle steps closer into the middle of the group.

dropping low he swings his leg like a bar...

flurry, two trip attempts

first trip

trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
follow up: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
nonleathal: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
vicious stomp: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
nonleathal: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

second trip

trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
follow up: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
nonleathal: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
vicious stomp: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
nonleathal: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

...leaving them both on the ground, groaning from the impact and the heavy impacts of Caine's fists and feet.

"You want a ride too, Sparky?" he say to their leader?


Map

Black Knight Bar:

Will run Fafhrd, and Asriel this round, when they post can change actions.

Fafhrd moves outside to see what is going on. He watches as Caine trips the thugs, wondering if he is needed at all.
Both of the thugs fall and groan. The boss grins, as the Fakir thugs gets after being dropped. The other two thugs stand up before attacking swings at Caine, both of the attacks miss however. Asriel stands by the door watching the fight as well. The boss looks at his men before moving in to fight as well. As he closes in he also takes a swing at Caine missing as his men had done earlier.

Caine's AoOs:
Eruus Thug:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Ferrin Thug:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Eruus Thug Attack and Damage Rolls:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ferrin Thug Attack and Damage Rolls:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Boss Attack and Damage Rolls:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Smithy:

Darkone is on another business trip, so want me to just have you go back to tavern and do rest of conversations in spoilers when he gets back?


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Smithy:
THat's fine.


Smithy:

After the conversation with Auru is over the group heads back to the tavern.
So anything you want to do on the way?

201 to 250 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Heroes: Game Play Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.