Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Blood of Heroes. (Inactive)

Game Master Mrdarknlight


551 to 600 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

As Caine walks up the knight points at the man, when one of his men moves over to take him from Caine before tying him up. The knight turns to Caine "Thank you for catching him."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor nods at the knight. "I suppose we'll have to, then?" he asks, still bleeding.

Feel free to heal me, Drankich. As far as I know, you haven't said IC that you can heal me, so it would presumptuous of Viktor to assume that you can do so.


The eruss pulls Viktor to the side, "You look pretty beaten up, Viktor. I can help with that if you allow.". Once he receives the ok sign, the furry creatures focuses on his holy symbol, and a white light encapsulates the Magus, as he feels his wounds close somewhat.

Ill sacrifice a second level spell, Lesser Restoration, for a Cure Moderate Wounds. If you wouldn't mind, I'll let you roll the healing Viktor. Feel free to tell Drankich if you need another afterwards.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Didn't even ask what he did...

Caine shrugs and passes off the catatonic man, moving to Vik's side, wanting to get clear of the guards as soon as possible.

"Let's get you back home, Vik."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 7) + 4 = 19

Hoo boy. 28/35 Now. Thanks, Drankich.

As his flesh knits itself back together, the bleeding stops and Viktor feels reinvigorated. "Thank you very much. That's much better, although I do feel like I could use some rest."


"We can have some of our healers look at him. No home citizen you all have to come to the barracks first." Knight says after hearing some of the group speak.


Drankich wasn't quite sure he liked the idea of accompanying the guards to the barracks. "What do we need to do at the barracks?"


He said why earlier.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

We need to debrief, essentially.

Let's get it over then, I suppose.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine sighs.


Chuluun sighs at hearing they have to go to do formal statements. He falls in line, using his scythe as a walking stick. Keeping an eye on his surrounding and now and then checks on Erke moving about in the air above.


The knight nods waiting for the group to gather before heading off. After some time you all make it to what appears to be the barracks for the city guard. It is a large building that seems to connect to the building on either side of it. The knight walks up to the door.

He than leads you all to a large room that has a table as well as writing equipment he than seats himself before holding out a hand for the group to do the same. After everyone has seated themselves he picks up a quill and paper before looking up "Very well than citizens can you please tell me what happened as you recall it. Please go in order and tell me your name so I can put it into my report."

If you guys want to make any rolls on the guy can now.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

When no one says anything, Caine rolls his eyes.

" I'm Kay. I'm a bartender. Don't even know how I got wrapped up in all this. These guys with me are the owners and security crew of the bar I work at. A bunch of thugs kidnapped a friend of ours because the other day we pissed 'em off. We found out where they'd taken him and went to see if we could get him out. Sent a kid to get you guys. Guess he must have gotten to you, since you showed up so quick. That warehouse was where they took our friend. That guy I gave to you was there. He was the only one we found. The rest somehow split when we showed up. They left us our friend's body though. It's still there in that warehouse. We'd just found him when that dog with the extra heads showed up in the street. We thought it was the guys who killed our pal at first, which is why we went out in the first place. Don't know much more than that. They did most of the fighting. I just jumped in at the end to keep one of those gremlins from skewering someone. Don't know what the hell I was thinking."


The knight writes down what Caine had said to him, once finished he repeats it back to make sure he had the whole of it. His summary of the events is accurate to what Caine had stated. After Caine nods he turns to the other waiting for them to do the same as Caine.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor nods as Caine finishes. I'm Vik, and it's as he says. Our friend was taken while we were out, and we tried to save him, but it didn't work out very fortunately for us. Then the cerberi popped up, and we took care of it. You showed up, and here we are.


"I'm Drankich. I'm not exactly sure what happened. One second I was walking along, minding my own business, and then the next thing I remember was waking up inside a cage in that building. My friends here fortunately came to my rescue, letting me out of the cell. We heard the ruckus outside and then saved the people who were being attacked by those creatures."


Male

"'Tis as they've said. I work at the bar brewing drinks and shifting a bit of the more rowdy patrons out the door to prevent any trouble. Unfortunately it seems trouble shows itself whether you want it to or not."


Once everyone spoke, Chuluun noted Caine made a reference that the group consisted of owners and workers of the tavern, and that none stepped forward to be an owner.

Clearing his throat first, he speaks, "I go by the name of Chuluun, owner of the tavern. Kay, Vik and Faf work for me. As mentioned by Kay already. My business partner disappeared. We received word from a kid of the street that he was kidnapped. So we went to rescue him. We found our new friend all caged up and my partner dead. We heard a roar outside and went outside to see the two headed dog attacking the city folk, along with two gremlins enjoying every moment of killing. We stopped the slaughter with Vik taking a major bite from that beast."


After each telling the knight repeats back what was told to himself making sure what he had written was the same as what was told to him. He than asks Fafhrd what his name was. If he gives it he thanks them all for their help and allows for them to leave. If it is not given than waits for it before allowing the group to leave.

You all make it back to the bar without event, your assistants are waiting to hear what had happened as well as why the group took so long.


"Ah, I didn't know you were telling the truth to the guard about owning a bar! Very nice! I don't much enjoy drinking to excess, but tipping a couple tankards back every so often is quite nice..."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"There was no good reason to lie to him." Caine shrugs. "We need to go back and talk to them again. We'll need to arrange to bury Asriel once they are done investigating."

Somberly, Caine pours everyone a drink.

"This is a s+$~ty start to this venture."


Chuluun sits down by the bar, and puts out some bits of meat for Erke to eat. Picking up his mug to sip the drink, he speaks to Drankich, "Drankich, tell us about yourself. Where you hail from and how you ended up here in this town, besides into a cage."


Drankich thinks for a minute before answering Chuluun. "My friend, I've been a little bit of everywhere in my short life. I'm not sure I hail from anywhere anymore, to be honest. Since I found Sirona several years ago, I have been a traveler, spreading her word, shining her blazing glare on the bad, and helping those who might need it. I wasn't doing anything in particular when I got jumped as I recall. I had helped return a taken child to his parents, and was walking to a tavern, when boom...and that's all I recall until waking up in that cage, and talking with your friend. How about you all?"


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor looks solemnly into his cup as Caine speaks. "That it is, friend."

"I've been a bit of a wanderer myself until not too long ago. I've been here, there, all around."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Drankich, did Asriel say anything to you? Anything about what he was doing, or anything to tell us in case he didn't make it? Any clues? Anything about who he was? He was a hell of a smart guy. My bet is he was thinking from the moment they locked him up, picking up things about who they were and what they were doing. Did he say anything?"


Drankich shakes his head solemnly. "I'm sorry Greyson. I didn't get a chance to say much more than hello to him, before the guys came and took him. I wish we had a little more time, but I didn't get much from him."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Call me Caine. The only people that call me Greyson are people I'd rather not talk to in the first place."


Chuluun takes a sip before speaking as he runs his one finger nail around in circles on the bar counter, "I have been to many places the few years before I team up with them and ending up here."

Hearing Drankich not having much time to speak to Asriel, "That is a real pity.", letting out a sigh.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"We need to find them. The guard won't do a damn thing."


"I agree. It could just have easily been me that didn't make it. We need to punish those who killed your friend and make sure they can't do this to anyone else in the future."


"Before we set off for the day on some activity, perhaps my assistant Jael could provide with with some insight in what we could encounter.", takes another sip, "No harm in being prepared."


Bit vague Chuluun insight into what exactly?


Sorry about that stuff came up this weekend. And classes started today will have post up tomorrow.


Jael nods to Chuluun before leaving the group. She is gone for sometime before she comes back out to speak with the group. She looks at Chuluun before saying "I cannot see much very clearly but I do know that you will find out something important soon." She than waits for the group to answer her back before saying any more.

The other assistants go about working more after finding out what had happened. The creature you protected is laying down staring at the group.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"Hey pal. Glad you're still here." Caine says to the creature. "Too bad the guy most likely to figure out how to talk to you went and got himself murdered."


The creature seems to just make a gesture similar to a shrug to Caine. It than stares to growl when a figure of someone can be seen at the door of the bar. After a few moments a deep voice can be heard "Greetings I come to speak with the owners of this place."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine looks at Chuluun, since he'd spoken up at the guard office about being the group's "employer".

Best to keep our cover stories simple. He wants the job, great.

"I think he's talking to you, boss."


Not being totally sure about the business arrangements at the bat, Drankich keeps silent at the newcomer's questions.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor looks to the man, then to Chuluun, and just as he seems about to speak, caine does instead, saying much the same as he would have. He closes his mouth and watches the new person as he comes in.


Chuluun lifts his head from giving Erke another piece of meat to look in the direction of the door to the individual who wants to speak to the owners. He remain quiet a little longer after Caine spoke to scan the individual a little longer.

Rolls:
Chuluun Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"You can speak to me, ...", pauses briefly, "I did not get your name. Why you want to see me?", indicating to the man to sit by the bar counter between Viktor and himself.


The walks in he is a Eruss, with fur specked with silver. He looks about the room a bit before turning to look at Chuluun, "I am Gervais, I had heard that some of the local thugs had attacked here. I came to ask if that was true."

Any rolls you want to make on him go for it.

Chuluun:

He does not seem to have any weapons.


Keeping an eye on the man, he speaks, "Well, the thugs did not cause trouble inside the tavern, just outside.", pauses for a moment, "Why are you so interested?"


"Oh I see so outside. I use to work in a tavern, and wished for a job, if you had any openings. I figured if the rumor was true, that you all showed up those thugs, than this would be a good place to work. Most of the time the thugs do what they want because they pay off the guard. Though that new Captain seems to be trying to change all of that." The man says to Chuluun after he asks the question.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

This captain seems like a good guy to talk to. Caine thought, listening idly while cleaning the bar.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor eyes the newcomer warily, taking his feet off the stool offered the man by Chuluun, sitting taller in his seat now.


"I see. What is that you can offer in service to this tavern?", pausing briefly, "Note that I just don't hire for the sake of hiring. I have to hear what my barman has to say about needed labour, as he is my eyes and ears on what goes on in the tavern while I am not here."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"We won't really know what our labor needs are until we open, boss. Right now we seem a little overstaffed, but if the joint is as popular as we hope it is we might need a few extra hands. It might be worth it to take on a couple extra folks on an interim basis while we sort out how many we really need. As long as you think we can afford it, I'd rather be overstaffed than understaffed, especially at the beginning when people are still learning the ropes."


"I'm not above throwing in a hand around here to help, while I figure out what I am going to do now. If you need another helper in this place, that is."


Chuluun gives a nod to Caine, "True. Might need additional hands when we open for business. At the moment, I am overstaffed with no income coming in until the tavern opens."


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

"So I guess we should ask if he's a handyman too?" Caine says with a grin.

551 to 600 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Heroes: Game Play Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.