Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Blood of Heroes. (Inactive)

Game Master Mrdarknlight


501 to 550 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Expecting trouble that might actually be coming for them, instead of the other way around, Drankich casts a spell on himself, increasing his strength to face whatever was coming.

Cast Bull's Strength.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

I'll cast Bull's Strength on myself as well. THat's my last 2nd level Sorcerer spell for the day.

Viktor sighs. "It's a Hell Hound. That's not particularly good for us, but I think we should be able to take it. Well, do we want to wait for it here, or go up to meet it?"


To the others with him, "It sounds like a big wolf or dog. Someone has arrived above us, and seem to have big animals."

"You ready?", when he gets the nods, he steps out of the room into the passage heading to where the others are located.


Note to everyone you came down a ladder, to get to this floor. Creature is a dog thing.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Setting the scalple down on the table, Caine patted the helpless man's cheeck.

"You sit tight."

Then, taking a hammer and the spikes from the corpse's organs, Caine shut the door and started hammering the spikes into the seams of the door to bar anyone from easily opening it.

"Right behind you, guys. Give me a bit."

Spiking the door, just in case this is to draw us off and rescue our pal. Also, this keeps Caine out of the fight for a round or two while I'm not able to post as frequently as usual.


Drankich moves into the hall and grabs the ladder, preparing to climb upward, where the sound is coming from.


As the group makes it way up the ladder you start to hear yelling and screams. Once you all make it to the top of the ladder, you make your way to the front of the building. The door of the building is laying on the floor, full of claw marks. Rushing through the door you all finally see what has been causing the noise.

There is a large three headed dog like creature attacking people in the street. It stands about four feet tall and growls as it seems to sense you all. Along with the beast seems to be two small humanoids like creatures wearing cloaks that attack anything that has been dropped by the dog creature.

Rolls:

Drankich:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Chuluun:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Viktor:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Fafhrd:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Dog:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Humanoid 1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Humanoid 2:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Order: Dog, Drankich, Humanoid 1, Viktor, Humanoid 2,Chuluun, Fafhrd.
Dog needs knowledge:planes, humanoids need knowledge: nature

Map
If you would like to be moved somewhere else please tell me.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

I'm good where I am.

Kn:Planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Kn:Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Low down the initiative list...

As Chuluun exits the building, he pauses for a moment to observe the surroundings and try to identify what they are facing.

He quickly instructs Erke to take to flight to watch from above.

Rolls:
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Chuluun Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Erke Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


The Errus, prepared for battle streaks toward the closest enemy (Humanoid 1), and lashes out with a kick, trying to decapitate the creature.

Charge Attack w/Bull's Strength 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

I assume this is an actual round and not a surprise round.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

You can still charge in surprise rounds. As long as your path is clear, you're good.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Aye. You've got to be within one movement, though.


Not a surprise round.

Viktor:

The dog seems to be a Cerberi to you, they are cousins of the hell hound. They are known for tracking through smell. This ability is so fine that they can even track ghosts. Their jaws are also known for placing a curse that causes teleportation magic to fail.

Chuluun:

The small humanoids appear to be fey of some sort. The closest you can see of them appear to be a Nuglub gremlin. These two however seemed to be changed somewhat. Nuglub gremlins are known to love combat. Their most well known tactic is to trip enemies than slash at them while they are down.


Realising the humanoids were of the gremlin species, he shouts to the group, "Beware they gremlins! They skilled at tripping."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

" That's a Cerberi. They can track very well, and their bites can curse, stopping teleportation magicks."


Everyone post their combat actions. Will group it once that is done.


Ive already posted mine, DM.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Just let me know when I've rejoined the group. I'll be out of the fight for the first round at least


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Swift action to add Keen to my scimitar, 5 foot step forward, and then Spell Combat using Bladed Dash, targeting the Cerberi with both attacks.

viktor surges forth, leaving a plethora of after images behind him as he slashes forward at the three-headed dog.

Bladed Dash Attack1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Bladed Dash Damage1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Regular Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Damage1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

AC 20 if my Extended Shield from before is still up, 16 if not.


Male

Fafhrd would swig a Bull's Strength extract and then move up to the closest humanoid.


Chuluun will cast Summon Nature's Ally in attempt to place a summoned animal behind the humanoids to provide flanking.


Forgot to specify creature to be Stirge.


The Cerberi ignores the party as it chews on the person in front of it. Drankich rushes forward to attack the one of the gremlins, however he misses to strike at the gremlins.It chits angrily before attacking Drankich with full force. It unleashes a fury of slashing claws and teeth, one of which manages to hit Dranklich. Viktor steps forward before casting a spell and appearing before the Cerberi leaving behind him multi-hued images,. Not expecting this Viktor lands two viscous blows upon the beast, causing it roar. The second gremlin moves to attack furiously at Viktor, who dodges all of them swiftly. Chuluun begins to chant a spell, as Fafhrd drinks an exact and moves forward.

The Cerberi than turns on Viktor and unleashes a fury of bites at him. All three attacks manage to take a bite of Viktor who seems very hurt.

Rolls:

Gremlin 1:
Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Damage:1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Gremlin 1:
Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Cerberi:
Attack 1:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Attack 1:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Attack 1:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Damage 1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Rend:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Map
Damage: Drankich: 5 points, Viktor: 31 points.

Viktor needs fort saves.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Fort Saves:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Next round:

Viktor, maddened by his pain, slashes at the beast again, and tries to end it's life quickly with a spell.

Spell Combat, casting Shocking Grasp defensively.

Concentration for Shocking Grasp, DC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

SG Attack Roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

SG Spellstrike Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (5, 3, 6, 1) = 26

Confirmation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Crit damage: 1d6 + 8 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (4, 4, 6, 1) = 27

Regular Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

4 HP remaining.

If it survives, he'll try to 5-foot step away from it, to I4.


Drankich again swings at the closest humanoid, trying to eliminate it from the fight quickly.

Attack One 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Attack Two 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine came out the main doors of the building and stared for a half a second.

Where the hell did that come from? Doesn't this place have guards?

Shaking his head he rushed into the thick of things.

"Concentrate on that dog! Vik, pull back! I'll work crowd control!"

Moving to where the ugly humanoids had engaged his allies, he threw himself into one of them.

Charge: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

crit confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
crit damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

How many creatures are threatening me?


Male

If the beast is still up, Fafhrd will move into Viktor's spot and attack.

If not, he'll attack whichever humanoid is still up and closest to him.

With a fierce roar, Fafhrd would attempt to bring his Avari Maul down upon his foe...

Rage

Attack 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Damage 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 13 = 22


Drankich unleashes two blows at the small humanoids one of which connects causing some damage to it, but not as much as he thought from how solidly the blow connected. It chatters at Drankich before attacking him once again. He bites him and attempts to grab hold of him, which it does.
Viktor than strikes at the beast before stepping back. Caine than rushes forward to attacking the first humanoid killing it as he rushed forward.

The second humanoid seeing its friend was killed moves up to attack Caine, hitting but causing itself to go off balance for the next two strikes. Chuluun finishes his summons and a odd flying creature, which he sends to attack one of the dog, missing him.

Fafhrd seeing an opening moves forward to strike at the dog, the blow which seems to miss but lands solidly on one of the heads of the beast causing it to fall dead.

Rolls:

Gremlin 1:
Claw:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Claw:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Bite:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Bite Damage:1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grab:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Claw:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Claw:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Bite:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Bite Damage:1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Stirge:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Caine:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Caine 4 points of damage
Map


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

I softened it up for you, Fafhrd. :P

Viktor steps back, having done his part, and having trouble standing, anyway. Thanks for the backup.

I don't care where I go, it just away from the last enemy. Actually, let's get me back next to Chuluun.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Redirect, interrupting the successful attack

Redirect, trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

If that beats the critter's CMD I take no damage, it falls prone and triggers Vicious Stomp

Vicious Stomp (vs Prone AC): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Drankich moves five feet to I 6, and let's loose punches at the last remaining threat.

Attack one 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Attack two 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10


After Caine trips the humanoid and stomps on him, Drankich moves up and finishes the little creature off.


Male

Forcing himself to calm down, Fafhrd would start to breath heavily as he looked around for anymore enemies.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine wastes no time in the road. He turns and jogs back inside to check on their captive.

Don't even know why I'm bothering. He's probably gonna be gone. he thought pessimistically.


Drankich uses an orision that allows him to see magical items, checking over all three of the combatants.


Chuluun seeing Viktor taking the brunt of the attacks moves up to heal him with casting a spell. The strige would continue to attack the humanoids if they still alive.

Rolls:
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


"Is everyone alright," Drankich asks the remaining people that suffered the attacks of the dog and the humanoids. He prepares to heal and of them that need it.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

"Thank you, Chuluun."

Viktor shakes his head. "I took a good few bites, my friend."

9/35HP


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

I missed it the first time, but I think there's still a Stirge. Is combat still on?


Stirge was a summoned creature. I will have post up later something came up.


Caine rushes to the room to find the man still locked away but he seems to be staring off into space oddly. The others still on street level help the injured when, you hear the sound of matching boots.

After a few moments ten heavily armored man appear. Nine of them seem to be wearing banded mail armor with the symbol of the church on the chest. They all carry a short sword on their side, a shield on their back and carry in their hands are finely made bardiches. The last member of the group appears to be the leader for he is wearing full plate armor, has a odd looking sword at his side and his holding a shield. His armor and shield also have the symbol of the church on them.

He looks around staring at the dead creatures bodies before turning to the group "Citizens what has happened here?"

and there is the city guard.


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Did Drankich heal anyone at all? He said he prepared to, but that never went anywhere.

Viktor sheathes his scimitar. "There was a.... Cerberi attack, as you can see," he says, pointing to the dead dog-thing as he continues catching his breath, his wounds having sealed up only slightly from Chuluun's restorative magic.


Yah, Drankich is happy to heal anyone who needs it.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine checks the man's responses. Hearing the boots upstairs he sighs and unclasps the man, dumping him to the floor.

maybe they can get more out of him than I could. With my luck the guards are paid off.


Male

"These creatures were attacking the innocent and we stepped forward to defend ourselves sir," Fafhrd would say as he placed the top of his Avari Maul upon the ground so as not to appear a threat.


Chuluun remains silent standing next to Viktor while leaning on his scythe, preferring the others do the talking while he scans the area for any signs of danger.

Spoiler:
Chuluun Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Erke Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


The knight seems to ponder on what is said for a moment before saying "Well done citizens, if you may come with me, we must take your statements for the report on this incident." The knight turns to the rest of his men "Make sure no one comes into this area as well as help those you can. Look for any clues as to why this has happened."

He than turns back to the group waiting for them to seem to get moving.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

So what's up with the guy downstairs?


He seems out of it to you, just staring off into space.


HP 16/16, AC 14, CMD 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1, Init +2 Mythic 4/4

Caine sighs and drags him up to the street.

"He's out, lets get him to the guard... oh. Howdy boys. Got a bad guy for you."

Caine eyes the man in platemail for just a moment, but keeps his face impassive.

Now's not the time...

501 to 550 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Heroes: Game Play Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.