Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Blood of Heroes. (Inactive)

Game Master Mrdarknlight


451 to 500 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

DM:
Chuluun will also cast detect magic on the items he unpacked.


Chuluun:

None of it detects as magic to you.


"Oh, there's my stuff those thugs took. Mind if I re-equip while we wait for that guy to wake up?. If there is no objection, the monk dons his items.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

Caine turns around and looks plainly at the man they'd just rescued.

"These a#~~!*$s murdered a man. Locked you in a cage. Probably would have done the same to you. The reason they did it is because they think they can get away with it. No one tells them they can't hard enough to make them listen. That ends right f@#*ing now. I'm not going to kill him, but you'd be hard pressed to argue that he wouldn't deserve it if I did."

"What I'm going to do is make sure he knows that there are consequences to his behavior. The amount of mercy he gets from me is going to be directly related to how much information he gives us about where the men who killed this man are currently."

"This is the first step in a long road that's going to end with the overhaul of the entire system that lets these kinds of people get away with s~&% like this. If you don't have the stomach for it, you should probably say thanks and take off."

Without waiting for a reply, Caine turns back to the man on the table and pours half a skin of water over his face.


The Ferrin man wakes up spiting some of the water that got out of his mouth out before noticing that Caine was the person waking him up he than looks around seeing the others, you notice that he is very confused.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Mornin' sunshine." Caine says conversationally. "Take a look around. Get your bearings."


After a few minutes the Ferrin frowns staring at Caine with hatred. He than says "Where is the boss?"


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Not really sure which sack of s$*~ you're referring to. Can you be more specific?"


The Ferrin laughs after Caine speaks saying with a smirk "That answers my question."


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Guess he left you here then? How nice of him."

Walking over to the eviscerated body, Caine pulled a spike out of what might have once been a liver or kidney.

"Do you remember upstairs when I told you that I was going to do to you every single thing that was done to my friend?"


He hands Drankich his gear that was taken from him, then looks through the scrolls and any other documents for any important information that may be useful to their quest while the others interrogate the captured foe.


The Ferrin looks at the spike than at Caine before saying "Go for it, I say anything to you the boss would do worse to me." The man says with an oddly calm voice.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Wow, I'm actually impressed. You don't even feel like trying to save yourself from a painful death? Way to ruin all the fun."

Caine puts the spike down, leans in close and gestures to the body across from him, saying "The problem with your boss is that he's short sighted and uncreative. This is boring work. By the time organs started getting pulled this guy couldn't even feel it. Too much too fast. This was done to scare people who might see it. It's sloppy. I've seen broken arms that would hurt worse. I mean come on, hot poker to the spleen? There's no nerves there. The spleen can't even feel heat."

Caine picked up a scalpel and started cutting off the man's pants, continuing to talk conversationally. "The guys I used to work for had a trick with wasp larvae. They'd peel back the skin on the insides of the thighs and put them into the meat. Then they'd stitch it back up again, maybe let loose with some magical healing even, and just wait a few days. When they start wriggling and chewing their way out, most folks will say anything just to be allowed to die. My buddy's dead and I've got nothing but time. You think what your boss would do to you is worse than what I would, well, I call that a challenge. How about if I just get creative and you tell me when you think I've surpassed him."

"Hey Faf, wasn't there a wasps nest on the stables down the street?"


Caine:

You passed the check, I rolled a 1 on the how many minutes he will answer questions. He does not show that he is willing though, whole more scared of boss thing.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Honestly, I'm not sure you could tell me anything that would make me change my mind. I've always wanted to try this."

Let's see what he starts offering up.


The man looks at you for a moment before saying "Ask your questions and get done with it."


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Why would I do that? Your boss has it out for us. I dont need to know where he is. He'll come to me. What could you possibly tell me that would change my mind about this. You killed my friend. I started out really wanting to watch you die, and after the challenge to out-do your boss, I pretty much have to, don't I?"

I'm not going to ask questions. He's going to give me information.


"Dont you think it would go easier on you to give us the information, and then you walk out of here?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


The man looks from Caine to Drankich before saying "How can I give you information if I do not know what you want."

I was not joking he is really more afraid of his boss than you. He will not just tell anything, have to ask him. There is also the problem that he does not know what you want to know.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

Yeah, it's that bit about the boss that I don't like. As far as digging for information, I'm way more Interested in what he might think we want to know than the answers to any questions. The stuff we wouldn't even think to ask about, you know? .

"Who said anything about letting him walk out of here? Your boss must be quite a guy to instill this kind of loyalty. What makes him so special?"


The man laughs before saying "How cruel he is. He will spends months torturing someone with that friend of his. Healing them everyday when they are done just so they can do it all over again. And if you should die well he will bring you back to life just to do it all over again. I have seen him do this to someone for four years before he got bored. Than his friend of his is as bad, he does things that I will not even talk about so I do not have to imagine them I think the boss joins her to. The worse part is they both do it with any emotion not a smile or a grin not even a frown they just do these things."


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Sounds like a peach. Why work for a guy like that?"


"Remember the person I said he played with for four years? That was our old boss and he promised to do worse to us if we did not start working for him."


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

Caine stoked up a fire in the small stove the pokers had been heated on. "Sounds to me like you don't really like him very much."


"Most of the older members do not but the newer guys he has joined up most worship the ground he steps on."


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Which are you?"


"I am from the older crew, so were the others you beat up the other day." he says to Caine.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"So your boss surrounds himself with cowards and idiots? Lucky us."

Caine heats the scalple a bit, letting the flames lick over the edge.

"You know, the only thing I can think of that I really want to know is his name. Nothing else is really important. Not that I can think of anyway. I'm sure there's probably something, but how would I know? It's a viscious cycle. I dont really care about asking the right questions, and you're too scared of a guy who isn't even here to try to save your own skin. It's like this is fate. I'll be honest, I'm glad I'm on this side of things. You seem like you got a bit of a raw deal in all this. I'd feel bad, but you know, if it's meant to be it's not like it's really my fault. Very liberating in a way. I might as well enjoy it, right?"


Roll for searching for important information

Rolls:
Perception: Take 20 + 11 = 31


As he finds a scroll or book containing names, dates and other personal information, he stores them away in bag to take back to the tavern.


The man raises an eyebrow "No idea what his name is, we call him boss, the only one that would know his name is that friend of his but never heard her speak." He than just stares at Caine.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"You're just chalk full of all kinds of useless information aren't you." Caine says as begins to tie a tourniquet around the man's right thigh.

"It's interesting. Kinda like you want this as much as I do. It's nice to know we're in the same boat, but I have to admit, that ruins a bit of the fun. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to do it more for the principal and the sheer joy of trying something new. You really are a golden opportunity. I've heard that when you mix certain types of powders into a fire, they'll burn a lot hotter, all the way to the point of doing different things to the body. Blue fire is supposed to feel cold. Weird, huh? You'll have to tell me if it's true."

"Is everyone in your gang nameless, or just those two?"


"Just those two are nameless as for the rest I will not give out their names." He than just stares at Caine.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

"Oh, ok." Caine says, "No problem. Hold on, don't think I can hold up a conversation while I do this. One distraction and I nick an artery. Try not to move."

Caine ducks down between the man's knees and makes a small incision.

"Wow, you're a bleeder."


Not enjoying the demonstration, Drankich Helps the others look through the crates, trying to keep his mind off the scene developing in front of him.


Having to watch my sister so no time to make a big post should have something up later or tomorrow.


The man just stares at the ceiling as Caine cuts him not making a sound, the set of his face, tell anyone that looks at him that he is really prepared for the worst no matter who does it to him.

Books:

You notice that the books and scrolls seemed to be split up in some order, with a closer look you might be able to find out what the order is.

Rolls:

[ooc]Caine:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Chuluun:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Drankih:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Fafhrd:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Viktor:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Caine:

You hear something faintly.


M Human Warpriest HP 10/10 | AC 13 T 13 FF 13 | Ft +4 Rf +0 Wi +5 | Init +0 | Perc +3 | Blessing 3/3,

Caine pauses, holding up a hand for silence, his eyes scanning.

Putting a finger to his lips he tries to make out whatever he may have heard.

Im trying to draw everyone's attention to the sound to give them another roll, hopefully with a bonus.


Chuluun continues to look through books and scrolls.

Rolls:
Chuluun Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Not sure of the roll you need
Erke Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Erke is on guard duty of Chuluun as he works


Chuluun:

If you are rolling for the closer look I meant closer look as in a few hours of work. If you are rolling for Caine's movement you hear something faintly as well.


Seeing the gestures the others made, the eruss prepares for the source of the noise, with a nod.


Hearing the faint sound he takes his scythe into his hands and waves to others beside him to ready themselves. He silently moves to the door, peering around the corner carefully.


Chuluun will also try to identify the sound.

Rolls:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 For mechanical device


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

Viktor stops scraping his scimitar against the ground at his companions' gestures, trying to identify the sound as he raises his blade against whatever may be making it.

Sorry about the silence, apparently my tracker hasn't been keeping track for quite a while.


As you all stop to hear the sound you notice that it gets louder. After a few more moments the sound turns into a growl than a roar. After listening longer you all notice that the it is more than one roar. The sounds seems to be coming from above you all.


"That roaring can't be a good thing. We should probably go check it out. We can come back and deal with this guy later."


Male Avari Magus(Bladebound)/Sorcereror (Wildblooded)

You're right. That's definitely not a good sound. One way or another, we'll be finding out what's making it, and soon. We'd best be prepared.


Male

Fafhrd, not one for torture, had resigned himself to a corner in an attempt to try and keep his temper so that he did not wind up killing their last source of information. However, as the roars started to ring clearly in his ears, the big man straightened and raised a vial to his lips to quaff it contents down.

Shield - AC 19

Then, letting the vial go to shatter upon the floor, he would raise his maul in preparation for the fight.

"Finally, something to take my anger out on."


As you listen to the roars and growls get louder before it slowly starts to go lower, almost until the point you cannot hear it any more. The man on the table seems to pale as he hears the roars as well.

Spoiler:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Chuluun,Drankich,Fafhrd:

The roar getting lower is not a good thing.


Nature:DC 15:

The growl and roar sounded like it came from a wolf or dog.

Planes: DC 20:

That growl was not from something of this plane, from what you know it sounds similar to a hell hound.

451 to 500 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Heroes: Game Play Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.