Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Blood of Dragonscar-Level 15 (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

High Level Danger


101 to 150 of 725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

A shift in the wind brings smoke in your direction but also a verse of song, poorly sung in a deep baritone.

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.


Tik-Tik wrote:
::If I can handle a bunch of inexperienced chef knocking over the wedding cake and making the bride panic, I can handle getting into the court. Just tell me when.::

If you are saying that you are definitely going to the court house just make a statement saying you are leaving the inn. I assumed the issue was still being discussed. As soon as you declare that you taking that action I will post more info unless of your you change your mind, and in that case I will post different info.


*BOOM*

I was waiting to see if anyone had anythingelse to say. Guess not.

At the Start of Thogg's singing, Tik-Tik decides now is the time to slip out of the inn and head for the Court. Flying up to the roofs, he fumes at himself. Why hadn't he brewed the invisibility elixir if he was planning on getting out of the city? Best not to think of that now. Looking around to get his bearings, the small dragon sneaks toward the court.

Stealth:1d20 + 36 ⇒ (20) + 36 = 56


Tik Tik is able to make it to the courthouse/jailhouse without being seen. There are windows, and they are closed. The curtains are also closed. The front door is a double door.


*BOOM*

What are the wind conditions like?

Taking a risk, Tik-Tik flies up to the windows and peers in, hoping he can spot anyone on the other side before he's spotted.


The wind conditions are calm, and the curtains are closed.


*BOOM*

Taking a vial(tiny to a human) from his belt pouch, Tik-Tik drinks it's contents and shivers as he feels the extract take effect and break his body down to a fine mist. He checks the windows for cracks he could slip in through or, if that fails, heads for the doors.

Drinking a gaseous form extract.


The window is not completely sealed. You find a crack.

Back at the inn/tavern:
A dwarf enters. His eyes focus on the "newcomers", and he ask, "What made you stop here? I am sure the lady at the gate was not all that welcoming."


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Has Keffle's party arrived at the inn yet?


Keffle is distracted by the Way of the Wicked thread. They just announced who did or did not make it. I have not checked it yet though.


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Leffle strides confidently to the tavern quarter. He looks about, observing smoking walls and collapsed homes. Grimacing at the lack of promise, he nods to the erinyes. The rescues appear to be complete. Let's see who remains withon, shall we?

The devils' wings ruffle as they fall in behind him.


Tik-Tik once inside you see people in jail cells, but no guards, well not town guards anyway. You see more people inside who with somewhat pale complexions, also carrying scythes. The people in the cells seem to be worried.

They don't seem to have noticed you yet.


Keffle are you only going to that part of town or are you actually going to the inn?


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Keffle tours the damaged town and proceeds to the tavern.


Keffle gets odd stares, but is not approached by anyone, most likely due to his companions. Eventually he makes his way to the inn, slightly behind dwarf that just walked in. The dwarf give Keffle's companions a strange look, and he looks confused. He slowly backs away from Keffle, seeming to forget about the other newcomers he was just questioning.


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

The human wizard is no stranger to the looks he receives as he and his temporary copanions enter the tavern. He nods to the room and ventures to a less crowded table.

I need refreshment and a room. And an audience with the count, if anyone intends to see him tomorrow. I must know if the wedding is to continue.


"I think not even Tchamek are stupid enough to have a wedding in a burned out hulk of a town. Besides, the groom is locked up. Bad for weddings, I think.

Do you know that you're being followed by demons? Can I kill one? Thogg Smashes-What-He-Hates has been deprived of fun for too long!"


Another dwarf reaches for an axe that was sitting in the far corner of the common area of the tavern/inn, but the dwarf that arrived ahead of you signals for him to put the weapon away.

A lady who is standing close to what seems to be well equipped adventurers stares at you for a few seconds and then speaks.

"Hello sir my name is Doriana, and I am sorry to inform you that there are no more rooms. This place is now a homeless shelter, but we can get you food and drink. As for the wedding it is off, until the count takes care of the issue with the dragon."
"Would your your lady friends like anything?


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Kaz looks at the newcomer and then at Thogg, then whispers to Thogg "I think those might be his wives it might be in bad etiquette to kill one."

Good day to you sir, would you care to join us, we are also guests of that wedding that are waiting for it to happen.


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

The two winged women exchange glances before the wizard responds. My guests are only here to guard their interest in another matter. They will be on their way about...

The women offer hard stares at the dwarves and the big barbarian. As The wizard speaks they begin to simply fade from view. As they disappear, their heads and bodies move, clearly reacting to something at another location.

...now.

I am Adreris Keffle, friend of the bride. And I am here to help.


Keffle you recall that you were supposed to meet other wedding guests at another town, and travel here with them but you were late because _________.
These well armed people might very well be those guest.

edit:rewording.


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

"Well met Adreris, I am Kazimier Tumaz also a friend of the bride." glancing around the inn "Come sit, we are discussing how we can best help."


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

The well-dressed human nods a greeting toward Kazimier. I apologize if you are among those I was to meet in Saresberg. There was a life-or-death matter that required my attention. Fortunately, several vrock demons have now danced their last.

He strides over and sits at the table, relieving a server of two mugs of ale in passing. I am eager to know what passes here. I will cirect considerable resources to seeing that the people are kept safe and that justice is done. Also, these accommodations are unsuitable. I will not consider it a crimw if I bed on a matress of feathers in a neighboring town, so long as I am here if the city needs me. Who is of like mind?


Dorina interrupts. "Sir I am sure you are used to the finer things, but there is no other town nearby for at least 50 miles. Even so if "they" were to find out that you left bad things would happen to you if you were to return."

The dwarf that came in right before you pipes in:
"The lady is correct. They don't take no for an answer, and they hardly ever ask twice. If you value your life then you will cooperate."
He then looks over at the Erinyes.
"They might even torture your girlfriends."
He then turn to the Erinyes.
"What manner of creature are you anyway? Sorry to be so blunt, but I have never seen your type before, and I have been everywhere."


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

The erinyes left. Even Keffle can only keep them around for 30the or 60 rounds.

Keffle bristles at the dwarf's advice. Surely this count would appreciate that a simple jump through space hardly qualifies as leaving the city. We are simply borrowing an inn since there is no space here. And we need space. To head quarter. For supplies. Rebuilding the town will require stone and lumber.

He pauses for a moment, searching for probabilities and contingencies. . Tell me more about these attacks. We must offer our assistance to this beleaguered count.


*BOOM*
Watcher Uatu wrote:

Tik-Tik once inside you see people in jail cells, but no guards, well not town guards anyway. You see more people inside who with somewhat pale complexions, also carrying scythes. The people in the cells seem to be worried.

They don't seem to have noticed you yet.

Floating higher up, Tik-Tik makes his toward what might be the way out of here. He looks around for anything that might be useful in distracting the 'guards' long enough for him to talk to the prisoners.

Perception:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Looking at Keffle, "We have someone looking into the Count's Manor right now. We are still trying to get a full answer on how the attack happened, that won't get someone in trouble."


"I wish for trouble. Were I not the mighty Thogg, I would even beg for it! You tchamek do nothing but talk and sneak. I need to hunt! I need to feel blood splatter my face!"


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

"Don't worry Thogg, I am wanting some sort of trouble as well, but with the Dragon attack I don't to bring more trouble on the innocents just trying to recover from the attack."


Tik-Tik wrote:
Watcher Uatu wrote:

Tik-Tik once inside you see people in jail cells, but no guards, well not town guards anyway. You see more people inside who with somewhat pale complexions, also carrying scythes. The people in the cells seem to be worried.

They don't seem to have noticed you yet.

Floating higher up, Tik-Tik makes his toward what might be the way out of here. He looks around for anything that might be useful in distracting the 'guards' long enough for him to talk to the prisoners.

Perception:1d20+19

The guards are 2 people with similar features to the lady at the gate, and 3 dwarven guards with morningstars, crossbows. It seems the four people in the jail have whatever clothes they were wearing when they were arrested. You do know that the groom was well off, but nobody in the jail has clothes to suggest they have a lot of money.

There are 2 desks with paper, pens, and other things an office would have. Nothing out of the ordinary.


Both of the dwarves come closer to where you are leaning in so everyone can't hear them.

The one that entered just before Keffle speaks first.
"My name is Narsinian, and while I am reluctant to speak, it does not seem like things will get better so I will tell you what I know. It is hard to talk freely here. The ruler of this town is Saleno. He inherited his position, but his decisions have led to the other nobles wanting to boot him. He spends more time at the brothel, than he does making decisions it seems. One day after a performance for Saleno Eldran Tesh arrived. I swear the room grew colder when I was around him. Well the thing is that they had a talk, and shortly thereafter the Temple to Abadar was closed, and we had to give up 24 of your virgins to satisfy the dragon. That is what Mr.Tesh said anyway. Supposedly only 23 of them were virgins so we must give up 24 more. The people are afraid. Those 24 who were given up came back, and they have strange powers now." My friend Iustin here saw the dragon."

Iustin says, "I did see it, and it almost killed me as I was trying to help the others. As it killed people a dark light momentarily made a connection between those who died. I never seen anything like it."

Those wishing to try to identify the dragon can make knowledge(arcana ) check.


"There is a brothel here?!? Why has no one told me? Please tell me it is unburned."

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Kazimier ponders what the dwarves say thinking on what type of beast might have gained hold of this towns leadership.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


A barbarian with knowledge(arcana) how surprising. It would have been funny if you had rolled higher than Kaz considering how you are RP'ing your character.

Kaz's info is in spoilers in case someone out rolls him and they get better info.

Kaz:
From the description you can gather that it was an Ancient Magma Dragon. You cant recall much about that age category, but you do know they have the fire and extraplanar subtypes. They have SR like most dragons. Their SLA's are scorching rays and wall of fire. They also breath fire like red dragons do. They are not generally evil, but they are prone to sudden changes in temperament, making them dangerous to talk to.


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28

Keffle nods at the dwarf in understanding. It is a most unusual dragon, and one from Beyond at that. Deadly for the region it's summoned to, and difficult to negotiate with.

Of course, the trouble then lies with this count. He is either a pawn of the dragon, or a villain who uses it to reforge this land as he wills. Gross incompetence seems unlikely. I propose we offer to help the town, but at a cost of new leadership. If he cares about this place, he will accept the price of our assistance. If he clings to power, the manner in which he does so will be telling.

Spoiler:

Or we could give all the virgins to Thog and the dragon will move on tomorrow morning.

Cheliax

Watcher Uatu wrote:
A barbarian with knowledge(arcana) how surprising. It would have been funny if you had rolled higher than Kaz considering how you are RP'ing your character.

It just to roll for monster identification. As a hunter of beasts and monsters, Thogg has certainly killed just about one of everything. Unfortunately, there is no better way to reflect this than getting knowledge skills that do more than I want. So I'm choosy about when I roll 'em


Narsinian replies, "I think the count is in over his head, and has made the proverbial "deal with the devil". I find it odd that he became Saleno's advisor right after the dragon arrived. He has not been in town for more than 3 days, and Saleno listens to him, but he has never taken advice from anyone else."

Note:
My last post used bad punctuation. Saleno(leader of the town), and Eldran Tesh(visitor and advisor to Saleno) are two different people.


*BOOM*

Starting with the person farthest away from the guards, Tik-Tik telepathically asks why they are being held prisoner, moving on to the next when he gets his answer.

Tik-Tik is trying to decide whether or not a jail-break is in order.


Frankly, even if you could get the prisoners out through more magical trickery like Gaseous Form, I'd worry that doing so misses significant chunks of narrative we're supposed to learn by doing this as a group. Presumably via the front door. I think learning the location of the prisoners is probably sufficient scouting.


*BOOM*

Attempting it on my own would be fairly foolish. I'm trying to figure out who should be broke out.


The prisoners basically give the same response. They spoke out against Saleno and Eldran, but instead of being killed they were thrown in jail. They believe they were only spared because they were popular members of the community, and killing them might cause more problems than not killing them. None of them are the groom, and they are unaware that he was taken away by Saleno or Eldran.


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Keffle entertains the story of how this count came to power, and considers the state of the city. He lights an alabaster pipe and puffs thin plumes of blue-white smoke.

I will not say too much about this, exeptthat the state of affairs is unacceptible. If legitimate authority rules, I will not question their right. When one abuses the sudden onset of power and his people suffer for it, new power must be raised. If the dragon is in control of your count, he is not fit to rule, is he?

The wizard takes note of those looking his way, waiting until the noise of the bustling tavern obfuscates his next comment. We ought challenge this man's rule and barter our resources for his abdication. Will any of you join me?


Doriana says in a hushed tone, "Keep such talk to yourself. These people are so afraid they will probably turn you in before they help you. You are a man who appears to have braved danger and lived to tell the tale. These people are not adventurers."
"Having seen one of those things, that used to be one of us, take down 5 people alone has pretty much kept everyone in check. I suggest you tread lightly in this endeavor."

Those people that did hear you shifted their eyes down and away to avoid you accidentally looking to them as volunteers.

make a diplomacy check Keffle


*BOOM*

::How many of you have a place to go outside of town?:: Tiki-Tik asks the prisoners. ::Nod if you do.::


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


Tik-Tik:
All of them nod.

Andreris:
Some people come forward, and say they are willing to help resist in some way, but none of them are capable of combating their former citizens. It would be suicide.
Those who are unable or too afraid to help at least agree to turn a blind eye, and not turn the you in.


Thogg belches loudly. It's been some time since the little dragon left. How much longer before we assume he's dead and go avenge him. All this waiting around is exhausting."


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

"I figure 1 more round then we can go and avenge him, that is what he would have wanted."


*BOOM*

Without another thought, Tik-Tik slips back out the window and back for the tavern the others are at. When he arrives he notices the new person talking to the group and decides to stick near the ceiling for the time being.

::I found the prisoners, but they are being guarded in the Court dungeons.:: Tik-Tik thinks to Thogg. ::I believe I have a way to get them out, but the guards need to be distracted.::


Male Human Conjuror 7, Malconvoker 8

Keffle nods to the occasional survivor across the room, accepting their silence graciously. His brow furrows in a quiet promise. I will deal with this unfit ruler so you can defend yourselves.

He looks up at the small creature from his seated position. Could this be whom we are waiting for, my new friends? Shall we now present ourselves to count and counsel?

101 to 150 of 725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread for Blood of Dragonscar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.