Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Blood of Dragonscar-Level 15 (Inactive)

Game Master concerro

High Level Danger


1 to 50 of 725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

A small number of power strangers meet in a small town on their way to what is supposed to be a simple wedding.


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Standing in front of the town gates is a Young man with black hair with a white streak on the left side, wearing a black and white suit with a green and purple scarf around his neck. Looking at a piece of paper.

Kazimer stands at the gates Ridgeworn leaning on his cane, looking at the letter he received about where to meet the other guests. He stood for a moment wondering if he should get a room for the night while he waited for the others.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 15

A regal figure heads down the road, riding astride a massive white lion. The rider wears a crown of antlers and his shield bears forest iconography and a white lion

Aerefan hops off of his mount and looks at the gate. It has been quite some time since he had left the forest and folks tended to be wary when his totem creature was about. He looks around for familiar faces as the lion brushes past him, sniffing at the air.


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

A handsome halfling, who looks to be at his prime age, rides into town with a caravan of merchants. He is almond skinned and black of hair and eyes. He is dressed like a assassin guildmaster, however a most honorable aura surrounds him. The items that most stand out of him are a rather large quiver, sealed to hide all its belongings, and two stones that float around him, one deep red and the other scarlet and blue.

The merchants are deep into his stories, most especially their mionstrel, who writes the tales down.

"So the Roberthon tries to sneak up to the back of the dragon, but our druid, Caelmerys, is trying to tell him not to. The man can't hear her, and as he tries to jump the serpent with a flashier-than-necessary jump, the thing breaks wind. Roberthon cannot believe this scent as the dragon most probably has been eating large eggs, discerning from the surrounding area, and you know how awful a flatulence from that can be."

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The story was slightly amusing, but not his best one.

As the caravan reaches Dalaston, the halfling hops out of the wagon and waves goodbye to his new friends.

Now where's that tavern? I'm hungry for a good meal!


First: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +2 AC: 17 Touch: 15 Flat-Footed Init: +5

From one rooftop to another a cat-sized figure glides silently, staying motionless when anyone is around that just might look up and spy him. No one ever did though.

Some people need to learn to look up once in a while.

Things had been bad here the last few days, and Tik-Tik had had it. The inexperienced 'assistants' had been bad enough, but just as he had finished the wedding cake, that dragon stole away the bride! He needed to get out, and fast, to find some of his old buddies. He couldn't fix this alone.

What do we have here?

Tik-Tik wasn't the alone trying to leave tonight. Why was the dwarf though? He thought about it a moment and decided to follow him, staying just ahead of him to check for anyone that would see him. If this dwarf wanted out, Tik-Tik was going to do everything he could to make sure he got out.


Everyone other than Tik-Tik:
It is day, but the sky above Dalaston is darker than it should be.
The town has been burned by fire—plumes of smoke rise from one quarter of the walled town. Perhaps the strangest thing is the stillness. There are no farmhands in the fields, no other travelers on the road, not even any refugees fleeing from what seems to be a disaster. Dalaston emits clouds of smoke, and its citizens remain hidden within its ash-stained walls.

That is not all that is strange. Those of you who met at Ridgeworn see a large human pulling some unsightly creature behind him. He also appears to be heading toward the town.

Thogg: You see the same thing they see when you get close to the town, and of course you also seem them.

Tik-Tik:Ignore the last PM
As you turn around the corned slightly ahead of the dwarf you see the gate. Two dwarves, and what appears to be a human female about 15 years old holding a scythe is barring the path. The dwarf(escaping dwarf) walks toward the gate with a determined look on his face.


Thogg changes course slightly to meet the other travelers, still dragging the thing behind him. As he approaches, a massive movement of wide shoulder and think arm slides the thing towards the other men.

"I am Thogg Smashes-What-He-Hates. This thing cost me much kumiss so I hated it. So I smashed it. But I do not know what this thing is. When the Shoanti sing of my great deeds I will not have this verse say 'Thogg killed a thing and it was ugly but we do not know much else about it.' That is a bad song."

He looks directly at Kazamier.

"You reek of books though I admit you do carry yourself like a warrior. Tell me what this thing is."

The carcass has been badly mauled by Thogg's earthbreaker and shredded by the rocky ground but it may still be recognizable.

Unless Uatu wants to change the DC, it's a DC23 Knowledge Dungeoneering check to identify the Irlgaunt.


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

At the horrifying sight, the cloaked halfling puts on his visors and runs to the large human at unnatural speed. He checks both the creature and the man before asking him, "Dear sir, to what calamity has this town encountered? And what may this creature be if you will?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39


Thogg looks with narrowed eyes at the small person for what seems like a long time, perhaps guessing how far he could throw him...if he could ever catch him.

"I have told you I do not know what it is. It was up in the mountains but came from deep below.

"As for Dalaston, I cannot say." He sniffs the air. "Fire was involved. I just came for a drink. I hope their taverns have not all burned."


First: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +2 AC: 17 Touch: 15 Flat-Footed Init: +5

::Wait! The way is being guarded!:: Tik-Tik mentally calls out to the mysterious dwarf. ::Escape will not lie in that direction!::


Escaping Dwarf:
The dwarf stops and looks around.
"What manner of witchcraft is this? Show yourself."


The DC of 23 is enough for me to hand out information on the creature.


First: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +2 AC: 17 Touch: 15 Flat-Footed Init: +5

::I cannot. I am trying to escape too. That gate is not the way out for you. It is guarded by two other dwarves and a young woman with a scythe. I can look for other ways if you need them.::


Escaping Dwarf"
"I see them. Ain't no little girl gonna stop me, and if those dwarves want to keep their honor they will be stepping aside."


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

"Well, I cannot help you there. By Iomedae, I am not so knowledgeable on the mountain beasts neither am I most help to carry it with you. I can perhaps find a better healer than I if you need one, or a tavern where you may drink and I may eat. For now, I must depart. That flame looks quite a lot for these villagers to handle and I shall be of more help there. Well met good man. I hope to see you again."

And with that the halfling scurries off to the flame to discover its cause.


They party arrives at the town entrance, and the gate is open, however it is being blocked by two dwarves a young human female holding a scythe. They also see a dwarf who appears to be talking to himself approaching the gate with a look of determination on his face.

Taking a wider view of the town the party sees guards peer down from the
ash-stained walls, their faces hidden behind the damp cloths worn to
protect against the smoke. The choking smoke blocks out all sunlight,
and light comes from torches set along the walls. A brighter light
flickers against the sky, its source deep within the town; combined
with the columns of smoke rising up behind the walls, it makes it
apparent that there are still fires raging within Dalaston.

In addition to the guards on the ground, there are four guards with crossbows watching from the upper walls.

As for the young woman she isn’t wearing any sort of facial protection, or any armor of any sort; instead, she is dressed in what was once a fine gown, now spoiled by soot, sweat, and blood. Her skin, clothes, and
hair are covered with ash, giving her a ghostly appearance. Her eyes are white, her skin is pale, and she is showing no emotion at all.

As the dwarf that is moving towards the gate gets to within 40 feet the other dwarves demand that he turn around.


"Why would you keep someone from leaving? Your town is on fire."


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

sorry for the delay Thogg

Kazimier looks at the creature studying it for a minute trying to figure if there is a enough left of it to identify.

"Let me see if i can figure this out, it is a bit battered."

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

"Ahh, Irlgaunt they aren't normally from this area, where did you get it."

_________________________________

is it a wedding dress on the woman."

Looking around again at the panic and destruction then at Thogg "I am not sure why they are being kept in, but maybe we should ask if we can help."

Kazimier walks up to the lady in the dress "Excuse me, is there anything we can do to help."


The young girl looks at Thogg:
"Only part of the town is on fire, and it is being dealt with. Move along now. Dalaston is no place for strangers."

The dress is not a wedding dress. It is well made however.


"Up in the mountains. It killed the man bringing me kumiss so I killed it back. Irlgaunt you say? What rhymes with irlgaunt? I fear this part of my song will be terrible. Come, let's go to the burning town. I, Thogg, will buy you a drink or failing that a woman. Failing that, at least we will be warm! "

With that Thogg spits on the corpse, kicks it hard enough to shift its bulk a couple feet, and walks towards town.

------

Is she telling us to move along like leave or like come in but do it now you're blocking the gate?


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

"Thogg a drink would be wonderful" he watches as Thogg makes sure the creature is dead heading with Thogg to the gate

_________________________

"I am not entirely a stranger, I am supposed to be here for a wedding." Kazimier holds up the invitation to show the woman "I am an old friend of the bride" Kaz has a concerned look on his face.


She replies:
"Fine, you may enter, but you can't leave until the travel restriction is lifted."

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

I too am here for the wedding. But it seems I may be of more use as a healer. Can you direct me to where the injured are housed?


First: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +2 AC: 17 Touch: 15 Flat-Footed Init: +5

::Fine then! I cannot stop you without drawing attention to myself. Just be careful. Someone needs to get out of here and tell of what's happening here.::

Assuming it is fairly easy to see and hear the group since they could see a dwarf talking to himself...

Tik-Tik turns his attention to the group of newcomers. One in particular kicked the corpse of something that looked dangerous even dead. Maybe they could help?

Gliding to another rooftop, Tik-Tik decides to follow them, at least for now.


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

"I, too, am a guest to the ones to be wed, however I believe my loyalty to protecting Golarion from danger is of more importance. The groom shall understand. Now milady, could you tell me of how such a curious fire started?"


The young lady replies:
"I don't where the injured are, and a dragon caused the fire.", saying it in such a matter as to be done with you.

She then sees the approaching dwarf or at least address him for the first time.
"You stop. Leaving the town is no permitted."

The dwarf by this time is within 15 feet, and replies
"Step aside little girl, and that goes double for you standing beside her" referring to the guards.

She then puts a second hand on the scythe and is gripping it for combat.
At the same time the dwarves in the tower all train their crossbows on the dwarf.


DRAGON! Thogg yells happily. Little tchamek, you will tell me where this dragon is. I, Thogg Smashes-What-He-Hates, am the greatest hunter of the Shoanti! I will kill your dragon and your ale and women will be heaped at my feet.


She looks at Thogg:
"Get inside the gates if you are going, and don't cause trouble. We can handle the dragon. That goes for your friends also."


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

"Come Thogg I believe you owe me a drink and we can discuss your hunting abilities and what you have yet to hunt." He looks at the Dwarf "Would you like to join us for a drink.


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

"I'm with White-Streak on this one. As much as I am for helping out with the dragon, I do believe we are not so helpful charging into a battle we do not know. As you three were also here for the wedding and seem just as experienced as I, I think a few introductions at the tavern would be an interesting idea. I'm not much of a drinker, but I assure you I make excellent company."


"Fine. Drinks now, dragon later. Show us to any surviving tavern!


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

Looking at the halfing "Well, rather than calling you shorty in reply to white-streak, I am going to introduce myself I Kazimier, and you are."


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

"Shorty is quite close, actually and ironically. They call me Mouse. Well met, Kazimier."

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Seeing that introductions are being made, "And I am Aerefan." Turning to the lion, "And he is Bresan."

"Are you all sure you wish to start by getting drinks, it appears there have been dragon sightings and people injured. I think it may be best to lend a helping hand."


As you step inside the city the dwarf that is trying to leave gets to within 10 feet of the young woman, and she tells him there are no more warnings. One more step and he will pay for his disobedience.


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

Mouse appraoches the dwarf and the girl. He listens in to the conversation before asking the dwarf, careful to not start a bigger disagreement, "Excuse me if I may, what seems to be the problem?"

Perception to listen: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31


Dwarf:
"The town is under attack and they are trying to hold us here. What are ye blind?"

Young Woman:
"This is not a concern of yours outsider, move along."

edit:I missed the sense motive check.

It seems she trying to move you along to avoid further questions.


"Come on, little Mouse. They disagree. They will probably fight. The dwarf will leave or he will not. This is nothing to Thogg and it should be nothing to you."


Male Fighter 5, Mag 10, HP: 143, AC: 36 Tch: 16, FF: 34 F: +18, R: +13, W: +13, Init: +14, Per: +16

"Come on all lets clear the road dust from our throats and maybe talk about the possibility of excitement in this town." Looking at Everyone including the dwarf. "I will buy the first 3 rounds."


The angry dwarf moves to step past the young woman, and she signals for the other dwarves to lower their crossbows. They do so with a sigh of relief. A calm comes across the fact of the dwarf, but then it instantly becomes one of shock, as the woman grips the weapon and gets into a combat stance. The weapon is in motion almost simultaneously. He puts up his arm in defense, but he is nowhere hear as quick as he needed to be and the sharp point of the scythe is planted into his temple. Death is instant.

She then orders the guards on the ground to remove the body. The dwarves with crossbows are horrified, but take no action against her.


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

Dammit! stupid oath of vengeance!

Mouse is about to walk to the tavern with the rest, when the sound and smell of unmatched death provokes him. A glimpse of rage enters Mouse's face. As he realizes this, he quickly switches back to his calm. He approaches the woman with the devious grin of a performer, but the eye of eagles, ready to lay a retaliatory attack if ever the need be.

"Excuse me miss, but I have but simple questions. You let us in, but not this dwarf. A pack of armed strangers but not this local who only wished to go home. You strike him, yet he is obviously below your tier. I wonder, why is that?"


She stopped the dwarf from leaving not coming in.

Young Lady:
"Everyone here has been told that until issues are resolved nobody can leave. He chose to ignore my many warnings. I have been more than gracious."


Male Halfling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) 12/Monk (Zen Archer) 3

oh. oops.

He stares at her for a few seconds.

There could have just been more peaceful ways to subdue him. But then again, she did follow her code.

"You could have just arrested him, unless the town prisonhold was already burnt. The man meant no evil. Well anyways, I shall go with my new acquaintances to the tavern. I am famished. Can't help others if you can't help yourself, I'd always say. It was nice meeting you, miss...? Do join us if you get the time."


She looks at Mouse, but does not reply.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 15

Aerefan stands next to the halfling, as the two argue. He reaches down to the dwarf and commands the creature to rise up.

I cast Breath of Life

The halfling is right, this creature's death would have been needless. Indeed, this is like the parable of the dry well. In times of trouble one cannot afford to slight one's neighbor because one's own wellbeing depends upon the wellbeing of one's neighbor."

The big cat stands over the dwarf, both to protect him from another mortal wound and to keep him from attempting to flee again.


"Harumph. If one removes the consequence of our poor decisions, they no longer serve as lessons or warnings." Thogg looks down on the presumably bewildered resurrected dwarf.

"You have been given a great gift, little stupid one. Come, you too shall drink with us. You probably need one almost as much as me." With a short laugh he picks up the dwarf, heedless of the weight and tosses him over his shoulder.

"Does that great kitten know how to sniff out mead? In all this mess, it might be hard to find the tavern." Thogg peers into the smoke and commotion for a recognizable sign of booze.


The dwarf's eyes open to Aerefan standing over him.
"What happened? Why are you standing over me? Get out of my way!!"
Then his facial expression changes, as he touches the side of his face. It seems as though he is confused.

"Ok I am pretty sure she hit me. Why am I still living?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric 15

You live because the gods willed it, just as before. Your attempt to leave the city is foolish, come with us and discuss what has happened in this city and perhaps cooler heads will prevail.


The dwarf looks a the blood still on the scythe, and all the dwarves with crossbows.
He then says "I will go with you, but you were better off moving on."
He then stands up.


First: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +2 AC: 17 Touch: 15 Flat-Footed Init: +5

::I told you you should have gone a different way.:: Tik-Tik whispers in the dwarf's mind.

1 to 50 of 725 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread for Blood of Dragonscar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.