Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Whispering Cairn

Game Master Black Tom


3,801 to 3,850 of 5,830 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Valgrim's assault topples one of the riders from his horse in one fell blow. The audience cheers.

The Arcane Auriga focus their fire on Badland's Revenge and take out one of the gnolls. The surviving gnoll and the dire badger charge them, running like mad, while the druid starts reading from a scroll.

Korush makes a magical gesture that shrinks Valgrim to normal size, while he and his remaining ally advance. Valgrim still gets an AoO, though. Assuming he survives, the other mounted fighter hits Valgrim for 16 points. The riderless horse tries to stay out of trouble.

And now you are up, all of you.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug flies to Q9 and throws a stink bomb at the druid.

1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 224d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 4) + 5 = 20, Fort DC 19 vs. nausea


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan takes to the air dramatically lifting to a height of 30 ft, hands creating intricate patterens as a chant rises from him. Thrusting his hands downward, he completes the spell with a roar as the air above the remaining horesmen swirls with a sudden blizzard, brutal cold and massive hailstones pounding down on horse and rider alike.

Ice storm covering R19-22 TO V19-22 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) = 15cold +2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 bludgeoning

Vulcon now hovering at M19 30ft up


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Blizzard continues for next 7 rounds. Creatures inside this area take a -4 penalty on Perception skill checks and the entire area is treated as difficult terrain.


Male Human Cleric 14

Round One:

Feres follows after Vug and casts a spell to summon a spiritual scimitar of mystical force to attack the scroll-reading druid.

Move action 60 ft to square P,13. Standard action to cast Spiritual Weapon.

Spiritual Weapon appears in square W,5. Spiritual Weapon gets one attack this round.
Spiritual Weapon Attack vs. Druid: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Spiritual Weapon Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 force damage

Spiritual Weapon Duration Remaining: 7/8 rounds

Personal Buffs/Spells in Effect:
Barkskin: +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor. (80 minutes)
Shield of Faith: +3 deflection bonus to AC. (8 minutes)
Archon's Aura (Will Save DC 18): Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of Feres must make a Will save to resist the effects of this aura. If the creature fails, it takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and Armor Class for the duration of this spell or until it successfully hits you with an attack. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by this particular casting of archon’s aura.(8 minutes)
Haste: extra attack at full BAB during full attack action, +1 bonus to attack, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 ft enhancement bonus to all modes of movement. (7 rounds remaining)
Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and damage, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. charm and fear effects; duration current round plus 2 rounds after ceasing performance.

Feres' AC: 25; touch 14; flat-footed 25
Feres' HP: 66/66


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

AoO: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d8 + 19 ⇒ (5, 6) + 19 = 30

Valgrim tries to determine what spell was cast at him to dispel his enlarge person potion: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18..identifies up to 3rd level or lower spells.

BT, where is Koroush on the map? I don't see him, only the rider who hit me.


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Round 2:

Is Korush one of the mounted guys? If so:

Bubba moves us behind Valgrim (to O21).

"Stop that!" Bubba casts a spell attempting to disable the dispeller.

Cacaphonous call, DC 17 Will or be nauseated

Maintaining Inspire Courage +2
Ac 24
hp 63/63
Bardic Performance 13/15
haste 7 rounds (including this one) remaining

If Korush is not one of the mounted guys and out of range of cacophonous call Bubba will drink his true strike elixir.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Finally back. Thanks for your patience.

Korush actually used a spell-like ability but it's equivalent to Reduce person.

Valgrim strikes true as the riders charge him, and the hailstones raining down drops the other rider, leaving Korush alone on a badly wounded horse. He resists Bubba's magic, but he's starting to look a little worried.

Vug and Feres pester the druid enough to make him lose his spell.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The elves take out the remaining gnoll, and while one of them battles the badger those that remain focus their fire on Vug. Two arrows whizz by but miss.

"Sorry about that but the remaining teams are down by now." Rennida shouts above the battle din.

The druid flings away his ruined scroll and roars as he transforms into a raptor and charges Feres, while the badger tears into the elf.

Korush turns invisible (using another spell-like ability on the defensive) and dismounts.

You are up again.


Male Human Cleric 14

Question for BT: Was the druid affected by Feres' Archon's Aura spell?

Round Two:

Confronted with the furious attack of the druid-turned-raptor, Feres slashes repeatedly with his newly augmented scimitar while his summoned spiritual scimitar of mystical force continues to attack as well.

Feres and Spiritual Weapon both Full Attack.

Spiritual Weapon Attack #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Spiritual Weapon Damage #1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Spiritual Weapon Attack #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Spiritual Weapon Damage #2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Feres' Hasted Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 31
Feres' Hasted Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
Haste Attack Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 13
Haste Attack Additional Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Feres' Scimitar Attack #1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 29
Feres' Scimitar Damage #1: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Scimitar Attack #1 Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 25
Scimitar Attack #1 Additional Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Feres' Scimitar Attack #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 22
Feres' Scimitar Damage #2: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Scimitar Attack #2 Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 24
Scimitar Attack #2 Additional Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Spiritual Weapon Duration Remaining: 7/8 rounds

Personal Buffs/Spells in Effect:
Barkskin: +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor. (80 minutes)
Shield of Faith: +3 deflection bonus to AC. (8 minutes)
Archon's Aura (Will Save DC 18): Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of Feres must make a Will save to resist the effects of this aura. If the creature fails, it takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and Armor Class for the duration of this spell or until it successfully hits you with an attack. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by this particular casting of archon’s aura.(8 minutes)
Haste: extra attack at full BAB during full attack action, +1 bonus to attack, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 ft enhancement bonus to all modes of movement. (6 rounds remaining)
Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and damage, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. charm and fear effects; duration current round plus 2 rounds after ceasing performance.

Feres' AC: 25; touch 14; flat-footed 25
Feres' HP: 66/66


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug flies to M10 and pops the top off of an extract containing concentrated essence of protoplasm. The protoplasm rapidly forms itself into the shape of a satyr (in J8).

She shouts to him, "Hey goaty! Why don't you give those elves and the badger a taste of f-f-f-fear. But make sure you don't hit anyone in the audience or anyone wearing a green sash like me!"

The satyr does a little jig and says "Righty-o!".

Use Fear spell-like ability on G3, H3, E6 and H6. Will DC 18 or be panicked for 8 rounds; shaken for 1 round on successful save.

Spoiler:
Satyr CR 4
XP 1,200
CN Medium fey
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +18
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +5 natural)
hp 44 (8d6+16)
Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +8
DR 5/cold iron
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee dagger +6 (1d4+2/19–20), horns +1 (1d6+1)
Ranged short bow +6 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks pipes
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 8th)
At will—charm person (DC 15), dancing lights, ghost sound (DC 14), sleep (DC 15), suggestion (DC 17)
1/day—fear (DC 18), summon nature's ally III
STATISTICS
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 19
Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 18
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Finesse
Skills Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Disguise +9, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (nature) +10, Perception +18, Perform (wind instruments) +19, Stealth +17, Survival +7


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Grasping the elegant rod at his hip Vulcan casts another spell, a scintillating aura of crackling electricity dancing along his body as he launches himself towards one of the archers, drawing his staff as his dive takes him right before her.

Cast empowered defensive shock (standard action), flying down to land in F7, drawing his staff while in flight (BAB of +1 or higher). Flying dow will double his speed for a portion of the distance.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

BT, the Reduce Person spell has a save for its effect (Fort negates); don't know if the spell-like ability is different but if it is not, Fort save: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 4 = 31..if still enlarged, add 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage to the rider who took the AoO. If no save, just ignore everything just written.

Round 2 action: Prior to the rider going invisible
Hasted, Valgrim focuses his 3 attacks on both riders, starting with the wounded one and then moving to the other one.
Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 34
Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 18 + 2 = 30
Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 18 + 2 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (7, 1) + 18 + 2 = 28
If enlarged, add 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage to each swing.

Round 3 action:
If rider now turns invisible, Valgrim charges the the druid in Q12 fighting Feres!
Power Attack with Vital Strike: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 33
Damage: 4d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 8) + 18 + 2 = 39
If enlarged, add 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage to each swing.

HP: 67/83
Spells in Effect:
AC: 26 (27 if not enlarged)
Barkskin (80 minutes)
Bull's Strength on Valgrim (duration 8 minutes)
Enlarge Person (8 minutes) (may or may not be still on)
Freedom of Movement on Valgrim (duration 80 minutes)
Haste (6 rounds)
Lead Blades (6 minutes)
Resist Energy - Fire (60 minutes)
Shield (8 minutes)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I know Reduce Person has a save, but I decided that it does not apply when used to counter Enlarge Person. I will rule the same with Slow/Haste. It's basically Rule of Cool, but if you think there will be any issues with the ruling, please tell me in the discussion thread. Right now, you are still kicking butt.

Valgrim snorts as the last riders disappears and charges the druid, dealing him a solid blow. Feres has already dealt him a number of severe cuts, but he's still standing, although bleeding profusely. He also manages to resist the Archon's Aura.

The satyr pops up and plays a terrifying tune that sends the badger and one of the elves into a panic. The badger runs away cowering, while the elf surrenders and screams to the functionaries to get her out of there. The audience roars with laughter.

Vulcan lands practically on top of one of the remaining archers. Bubba keeps singing.

The elves concentrate their fire on Vulcan, and the one next to him draws her sword. He's hit by several arrows and a sword for 44 points of damage, while his opponent takes 25 points from the defensive shock.

The raptor-druid tries to take a bit out of Feres, but his hulking form is too clumsy and he only chews on armor.

Korush stays out of trouble for now.

Your turn.


Male Human Cleric 14

Round Three:

Feres and his summoned spiritual scimitar attempt to knock the druid-raptor out of commission.

Feres and Spiritual Weapon both Full Attack.

Spiritual Weapon Attack #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Spiritual Weapon Damage #1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Spiritual Weapon Attack #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Spiritual Weapon Damage #2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Feres' Hasted Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 22
Feres' Hasted Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Feres' Scimitar Attack #1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 23
Feres' Scimitar Damage #1: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Feres' Scimitar Attack #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 18
Feres' Scimitar Damage #2: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Spiritual Weapon Duration Remaining: 5/8 rounds

Personal Buffs/Spells in Effect:
Barkskin: +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor. (80 minutes)
Shield of Faith: +3 deflection bonus to AC. (8 minutes)
Archon's Aura (Will Save DC 18): Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of Feres must make a Will save to resist the effects of this aura. If the creature fails, it takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and Armor Class for the duration of this spell or until it successfully hits you with an attack. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by this particular casting of archon’s aura.(8 minutes)
Haste: extra attack at full BAB during full attack action, +1 bonus to attack, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 ft enhancement bonus to all modes of movement. (5 rounds remaining)
Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and damage, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. charm and fear effects; duration current round plus 2 rounds after ceasing performance.
Feres' AC: 25; touch 14; flat-footed 25
Feres' HP: 66/66


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Round 3: Bubba moves into the middle of the arena.

Move to M10

Round 4:

Bubba casts slow (DC 18) on the 3 elves.

Maintaining Inspire Courage +2
Ac 24
hp 63/63
Bardic Performance 11/15
haste 5 rounds (including this one) remaining


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

If Feres and his spiritual weapon take down the druid, Valgrim double moves to E7. With reach, the elf in E6 will draw an AoO if he moves back. If Feres doesn't drop him, he attacks the druid till he falls and then moves.

Round 4 action Top of Round:
Hasted Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 18 + 2 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 18 + 2 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 27
Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 18 + 2 = 24

HP: 67/83
Spells in Effect:
AC: 29
Barkskin (80 minutes)
Bull's Strength on Valgrim (duration 8 minutes)
Enlarge Person (8 minutes) (may or may not be still on)
Freedom of Movement on Valgrim (duration 80 minutes)
Haste (5 rounds)
Lead Blades (6 minutes)
Resist Energy - Fire (60 minutes)
Shield (8 minutes)


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Reeling in pain from the concerted attacks of the elves, Vulcan takes to the air flying 35ft straight up. As he does, he removes something from around his neck, throwing it down betwen the two bnearest elves.

[ooc]Necklace of fireballs. 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 6, 4) = 16 to all in 30ft radius (aimed for maximum # of targets)ooc]


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug says to the satyr: "Goaty, why don't you suggest to one of those elves to attack Korush instead?"

Goaty says, "Don't mind if I do. Say, why don't you attack Korush instead?"

Suggestion, DC 17

Vug tosses a force bomb at the druid (if he's still alive) or one of the bow-wielding elves (if he's not) -- avoiding her allies and the audience, of course.

1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 224d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 3) + 5 = 17, Ref DC 19 or be prone


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Valgrim takes out the druid, and Vulcan's Fireball drops the elf nearest to him, singeing the other two. Then as Vug's force bomb strikes another elf, she drops to her knees and surrender, leaving Rennida alone and cornered (literally). There is nothing left for her to do but to surrender.

Behind you you hear a slow clap starting, as Korush springs into view. He, too, surrenders, and is working up an applause for you and your victory. This is quickly taken up by the crowd that cheers and roars in unmitigated pleasure. Only those who bet against you are sullen and feel cheated.

Your flashy tactics and highly entertaining panache has won the crowd over, and you get a hero point each as your reputation builds. The odds will have to be adjusted severely before the next battle.

I'll calculate the xp when I get home for work, but you should hit level 9 I suppose (except for Vulcan). Assuming you take it easy during the day, you will have ample opportunity to level up. I hope we can resolve any issues in the discussion thread. And thanks for a really fun fight.

By the way, Korush is a Jann. ;o)


Male Human Cleric 14

Thanks BT!

As the adrenaline of the pitched battle wanes, Feres moves about the arena to check on the fallen, repeatedly offering brief prayers to the Healing Flame to stabilize those contestants knocked unconscious in the melee. Cast Stabilize on those knocked into negative hp's.

"Vulcan? How're you doing? It looked like those elves gave you quite a beating," Feres calls to the barely-standing sorcerer.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug flutters down next to Korush as the satyr evaporates into a puddle of goo. "Thanks f-for not making us f-f-fight you to the death, sir. You f-fought well. And I hope you won't hold it against me if I suggested that the elves should f-focus f-f-fire on you."


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan descends slowly, landing as he removes the last of the three arrows stuck in him. The stormborn sorceror groans.

"That's the last time I draw enemy fire on purpose......but at least it worked." He takes a deep shuddering breath. "Hurts like hell Friar, those ladies are some damn good shots."


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim gives his remaining opponents a nod and closed fist in warrior salute, as the battle comes to an end. He acknowledges the crowd a little and checks to make sure Vulcan is ok. "Padre, you should heal the sorcerer. And Bubba, it will be a true test of your silver tongue to convince the bookmakers that we just got lucky, in order to get better odds in the next battle. But I'm sure you're up to the challenge. Tell them we took advantage of the confusion of having a 4-team rumble."


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Bubba does his best damage control with the oddsmakers.

Bluff: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

More if Feres gives him a touch of glory.


Male Human Cleric 14

Feres definitely augments Bubba with Touch of Glory, adding +9 to Bubba's Bluff check if done after we level up.

Does the tournament provide healing to the competitors, or are we responsible for healing ourselves?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Korush laughs boisterously. "Oh, I don't mind. That's part of the game. But I say, I'm really most impressed about how you managed to hide your skills. The bookies are going to want to have your hide. I look forward to see you next year - and I pray that I don't have to face you in the first round!"

As the crowd cheers Raknian pronounces you the victors of the battle. Ekaym collects your trophy sporting a wide grin. Your xp award is 5120.

There are plenty of channeling clerics that get the fallen combatants in shape, and then the bodies of those not so lucky are dragged off the arena.

As you return to your quarters to rest and recuperate (and level up), you are eventually joined by the other victorious teams. They are Auric's Warband, Draconic Brood, The Grave Diggers, Pitch Blade and The Snow Leopards.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Are we allowed to watch any of the other matches? Or are gladiators not permitted in the audience?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You are not supposed to leave the Coenoby during the games, so you can't watch the other matches. You can pick up some gossip if you like, though.

During the afternoon, as you are honing your skills, Ekaym pays you a visit, looking quite a bit like a cat who's found the cream. He happily presents you with your trophy and your prize money (1500 gp) as well as the returns on your bets (which should be 5000 gp, if I am correct). "Don't spend it all in one place, he grins." Ekaym is happy to shop for you if you need to supplement your equipment, as well as place some more bets, but the odds are considerably more even by now, namely 1:1.

Then he grows serious and takes you aside to your chambers (the rooms are a lot less crowded today, and even the guard patrols are laxer) and in a low voice he admits that he has a confession to make.

“While it’s nice that you turned out to be pretty good gladiators, I must admit that I had a hidden motive for entering you in the games. You see… my sister Lahaka disappeared here last year, not long after the previous Champion’s Games.

I’ve been looking for her for months now, but I’ve hit a dead end. She was a traveling entertainer, a bright joy that brought happiness to cities throughout the world. It seems that her travels eventually brought her here, to the City State, and more to the point, she caught Loris Raknian’s eye. I believe that they became lovers.

What I do know is that she vanished the day after the Champion’s Games ended. I’ve paid for divination spells to learn more, but alas have learned little. And so I decided to come to the games themselves. I hoped that by entering some gladiators in the competition, I’d have a chance to explore the area, talk with Raknian, and maybe find out what happened to Lahaka. But so far, I’ve found nothing.

Raknian’s nearly impossible to get to, and I’ve uncovered no clues in the outlying buildings. There’s two places I’ve not been able to reach -his palace and the arena understructure. This is where you come in, my friends. If you can slip away from the Coenoby between battles and search the surrounding rooms for clues as to what happened to my sister, I’ll turn over all of the winnings from the games to you. What do you say?”


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

"It sounds like we may have a common enemy. If you think there's evidence of what he's up to under the arena, it might explain why he hired those assassins to kill us as well," Vug points out.


Male Human Cleric 14

"Of course we'll help you, Ekaym," Feres glances to his companions for approval as he assures their sponsor. "Please tell us what your sister looks like."

"There are much fewer people down here now, and the guards don't seem to be as diligent today as they were last night," Feres observes to his friends. "What say we do a little exploring this afternoon?"


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

"Sounds good, Friar. I'm down to help Ekaym. If we run into any guards, I'm sure Bubba can talk them into looking the other way."


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"I can indeed, I hope. Also I can perform another divination tonight if you can provide a detailed description of her. Better yet would be a picture, former possession, or best yet, a piece of hair or something."


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

"I'd be happy to help you find her."


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"Another idea is to scry Raknian himself. It would be a little more dangerous though; we might want to wait for another time to do that."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ekaym looks relieved. "Thank you so much. After watching you fight today, I must say that I'm glad that you are on my side. As for my sister, I can give you a good description of her, but I have already tried scrying her and failed. I fear the worst, but I need closure. If you can just find out what happened to her, I would feel relieved."

"We're Dunael, you know, and the elven blood is strong in her. She's a tall woman with jet-black hair and sparkling blue eyes. But she was probably murdered months ago."

"If you need anything, I'd be happy to get it for you, but for now I must leave you. I shall see you tomorrow again. Get some rest, for the next fight will be tougher."

A rumor Bubba picked up from a hobgoblin half-dragon monk named Shasta who fights for the Draconic Brood sounds like a place to begin. It is said that ghouls once dwelt in the area of underground buildings to the south known as the Titan’s House. Shasta claimed that Raknian himself beat back the ghouls and plugged the entrance to their warren with a stone seal in the pool in the Titan’s House, but no gladiator has ever tried to open the plug to verify these stories.

One good thing is that nobody will care about what you do there. Many gladiators use the Titan's House for meditation, romantic trysts or more unsavory purposes but it is basically a ruin and a dead end.

The Titan's House is a huge cave that resembles the Coenoby, but is in a state of century-old abandonment. It looks like a surface structure once stood here, a cluster of stone houses that were buried under a million tons of rubble a long time ago. In the labyrinth of ceiling-high sections of ruined walls, the only remarkable feature is the idol that gives this cave its name, the ten-foot-high, alabaster statue of a powerful giant armed with a mattock. Now the silent guardian of the Titan’s House, the statue stands in an almost completely enclosed space in the northeast part of the cave. The cave floor slopes down to the south where a 10-foot-deep pool of water is located. You can just make out the plug Shasta was talking about.


Male Human Cleric 14

Quick question: Since we leveled up did Feres have time to pray for his newly acquired 5th level spells?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yes, he can fill his new slots.


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

"So whatd'you all think about the plug? Good place to start"


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Does Bub have time to gather information on the other teams before we head down?

Vug examines the plug for traps.

take 10 for result of 23


Male Human Cleric 14
Vulcan Stormwrath wrote:
"So whatd'you all think about the plug? Good place to start"

"I'm not sure..." Feres muses aloud, frowning. "You know, we pass through a whole subterranean complex when we're escorted back and forth between the Arena and our quarters. There may be rooms there that hold the information we seek. I just think it would be better to check out that area before we open the seal on a ghoul warren."


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan chuckles

"Where's your sense of adventure?.... But seriously that actually does make sense."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yeah, that does makes sense. I will try to get it mapped if you decide to go that way.


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"We should explore the complex first of course. I still want to open the plug though! To adventure!"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Since the map is fairly complex I am going to simplify your explorations somewhat, which will involve a bit of railroading. Apologies for that.

You wisely decide to explore the complex under the arena itself before turning to the ghouls in the forgotten caves. Retracing your steps you find yourselves in a large, irregular hall that seems to be a major junction — many stairways and passages lead in and out. There is a circular hallway that runs all around the arena, and a passage in towards the middle. Along the passage inwards, which leads towards a circular chamber, you see cell doors, behind which you hear some wild animals growling.

Will you want to explore the circular passage or go towards the centre?


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim suggests examining the circular passage first, in a clockwise pattern.


Male Human Cleric 14

Feres agrees with Valgrim's suggestion.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The circular passage is riddled with small archways, leading to various disused storage tunnels. One passage leading inwards opens into a canteen. At the other end of the room the passage goes on, but there is also a passage to the right, where some arena attendants are having a break. One of them asks what your business is down here.

Time for some inspired lying by Bubba, I guess.


Male Human Cleric 14

Feres' claps Bubba on the shoulder just before the half-orc begins to speak, imbuing him with a bit of the Dawnflower's divine glory.

Use Touch of Glory domain power on Bubba to grant him a +9 bonus to a single Charisma-based skill check within the next hour.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug does her best to just look confused (not a stretch).

3,801 to 3,850 of 5,830 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Whispering Cairn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.