Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Whispering Cairn

Game Master Black Tom


3,451 to 3,500 of 5,829 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

"More drow, right? They are the mind flayer's thralls after all. Unless, there's something else. Bubba, help out!"

Knowledge(dungeoneering) on creature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"What else is back there, Sir August Snake-Man?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The snake creature coils up in an aloof gesture. "Are you still here? Since you are not bringing the customary gifts, please remove yourselves from my presence. I really can't be bothered by you inferior creatures and your absolute lack of manners."


Male Human Cleric 14

"Please forgive our impoverished state. If we return this way we will hopefully bear gifts appropriate for so impressive a being," Feres addresses the serpent-creature respectfully, keeping a wary eye on the monster as he passes through the chamber and motions for his friends to follow.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug bows nervously and skitters past the naga before it changes its mind about not attacking.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim leaves the room and moves along, scanning the next chamber.
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28...add +2 for stone


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Bubba bows and follows along.


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan maintains eye contact as he leaves the chamber, his expression neutral.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cavern opens up to a vast chamber, over forty feet in height with a shelf twenty feet above the floor off to one side. A short cage containing pent-up livestock has been constructed on the opposite side of the cave. A parred off passageway is set into the south wall. Faint patches of glowing moss light this chamber.

And yes, there are more drow, six of them in fact, four on the floor and two on the shelf. Roll for initiative.

Will try to get a map up ASAP. And calculate xp for the naga.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Cleric 14

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Map updated, the naga rendered you 1280 xp and the drow go on 9.

The gray area is the livestock pen. Vug, Valgrim and Vulcan to go, then the drow.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim waits for any party area effect spells and then moves in to combat. "Cursed drow thralls, die for serving such an aberration!"
Move to Q12 and attack drow in O14 with reach, power attack, and vital strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Damage: 6d6 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2, 5, 2) + 16 + (3) = 33
HP: 83/83
AC: 22

"Vug, deal with those two, if possible." He points to M/N 10.


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan strides forward R13 heat building around him as he chants, hands creating an arcane energy field.

With a roar of fury, the sorceror thrusts his hand forward, unleashing a scorching bolt of heat, followed by another targeting the drow furthest back.

Ranged touch1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 3) = 16

Ranged touch1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 3) = 9


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

"You're not the boss of me, dwarfy!!" Vug retorts. Nevertheless, she steps up to R11 and throws a stink bomb at the elf in N10.

with PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 = 314d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 5, 5) + 5 + 1 = 23, 9 splash damage, nausea (DC 19)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Valgrim cuts down one of the drow and Vug incapacitates another with a bomb, but the third resists Vulcan's magic.

Then the drow in the back conjures a double of himself and casts Confusion (Will 18 negates) on you all. The rest awaits the result before they act.

I won't be able to post more this weekend. See you Monday.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim's innate resistance against magic protects him from the spell!
Will save: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 4 = 27

BT, on Monday, could you signal which is the drow who cast the spell? Thanks!


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

With Protection from Evil and elf resistance: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11


Male Human Cleric 14

DC 18 Will Save: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 = 20

Note: Confusion is an enchantment (compulsion) effect. While under the effects of Protection from Evil, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. Spells or effects to possess or exercise mental control over a target creature include enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects. Therefore, everyone protected by Protection from Evil should be immune to the drow's Confusion spell for the duration of the Protection from Evil.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

No, not according to the FAQ.

The spell-casting drow is in L14, and he just conjured a double of himself.


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The drow warily move in, while the one on the ledge who is not busy retching, fires at Valgrim. None of them manages to land a blow though.

This round Vug can act normally (or what's normal for Vug), while Vulcan and Bubba are busy swatting imaginary bugs crawling over them. Bubba inflicts 7 points of damage on himself and Vulcan 3.

Valgrim, Feres and Vug are up, then the drow.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

"Friar, Vug, any way to get rid of the priest's double? I really want to introduce him to me greataxe!" Valgrim delays to allow his companions to go first.


Male Human Cleric 14

Round One:

"Blessed Dawnflower! Illuminate the darkness with Your divine radiance!" Feres intones, stepping forward and calling upon the power of goddess of the Sun to cause his shield to shed light as bright as day.

Move action 10 ft to square T,11. Standard action to cast Daylight on Feres' shield: the shield now sheds bright light in a 60-foot radius. This illumination increases the light level for an additional 60 feet by one step (darkness becomes dim light, dim light becomes normal light, and normal light becomes bright light). Creatures that take penalties in bright light take them while within the 60-foot radius of this magical light.

Feres' AC: 20; touch 12; flat-footed 20
Feres' HP: 66/66


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

"Burbble...I don't...f-f-f-f-f-f-feel so good," Vug mumbles semi-coherently as she tosses a stink bomb at the spellcaster and the elves around him.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 314d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 6) + 5 = 17, 9 splash damage, nausea, DC 19


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim moves to M14, rages, and vital strikes the cleric. AoO from 1 drow unless they have crossbows in their hands. If Vug's bomb got rid of double, ignore miss chance.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 4
Damage: 6d6 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 3, 5, 1) + 19 + (6) = 48

Valgrim has 10' reach so no 5' step back and cast, unless he makes Concentration checks.
AC: 20
HP: 83/83


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Feres's holy light dispels the darkness and make the dark elves cringe. Vug's bomb strikes the spellcaster but does not incapacitate him. There are still two of him, too.

Valgrim is up, then the drow.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Posted already.


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Bubba spends the round skewering bugs on himself with his rapier.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The priest parries Valgrim's furious blow with his shield and retaliates with two counterattacks from his morningstar, while the other drow move in for a flank. A crossbow bolt hits Valgrim for 7 points of damage.

Bubba stabs himself for another 9 points of damage in search of more bugs while Vug tries to cleanse herself with acid for 5 points and Vulcan is filled with a furious rage and decides to kill Vug.

Valgrim, Feres and Vulcan are up, then the drow.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15
Black Tom wrote:
Vug tries to cleanse herself with acid for 5 points

Don't leave us in suspense -- did it work?

;-)


Male Human Cleric 14

Round Two:

Seeing the murderous intent in Vulcan's gaze upon Vug, Feres thinks quickly and steps forward between the two as he activates one of the blessings of his Goddess in an attempt to keep his confused friends from harming each other.

Move action 10 ft to square R12. Standard action to activate Divine Presence (supernatural ability, does not provoke AoO): 30-ft aura centered on Feres, this should catch Valgrim as well, and is not subject to Spell Resistance. All allies within the aura are treated as if under the effects of a Sanctuary spell (Will DC 19). If an ally leaves the area or makes an attack, the effect ends for that ally. If Feres makes an attack, then the effect ends for everyone. So if Vulcan tries to attack Vug or Feres, he must first succeed a DC 19 Will save or else he is unable to follow through with the attack; unfortunately, if he attempts to attack he loses his own protection from the Sanctuary effect.

"Hang in there, Valgrim! I need to make sure our friends don't harm each other first!" the stout priest calls out to his friend.

Rounds of Divine Presence used: 1/8

Feres' AC: 20; touch 12; flat-footed 20
Feres' HP: 66/66


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim continues his rage and attacks the priest once..with Rage and Vital Strike, assuming no double. If he has a double, then he swings twice.

Attack:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Damage: 6d6 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 4, 3, 6) + 20 + (5) = 53

BT, wondering if you play with the massive damage (50+) optional damage rule? I know players IRL game don't like it.
AC: 20
HP: 76/83
Rage rounds used: 2/9


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Will save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

As Vulcan glares at Vug eyes crackling, Feres' presence descends upon him, drawing some of his rage away and causiing him to hold his attack.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The double is still there, so Valgrim may need to recalculate the damage. Your blow connects with the true priest. And I try to avoid the massive damage rule. It's too swingy.

Valgrim gives the priest a solid whack with his axe, and the priest retaliates with two resounding blows assuming Valgrim's second blow doesn't kill him, releasing some pent-up magical energy and forcing a Will 15 save, as well as dealing 22 points of damage.

Another drow stabs Valgrim for 12 points, and the one on the ledge tries to shoot but is overcome by Sarenrae's peace. So is Vulcan, who takes out his frustration on himself, banging his head with his staff for 6 points of damage.

The now bug-cleansed Vug and Bubba decide that Feres is the source of all their trouble and proceed to try to kill him, assuming the peaceful glow doesn't get the better of them.

Valgrim (second blow and next round), Feres, Bubba and Vug are up.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Okay, the the actual damage on the first hit was 40.
Second attack roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 3d6 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6) + 20 + (6) = 34

First attack roll: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Damage: 3d6 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 20 + (4) = 39
Second attack roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 3d6 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) + 20 + (4) = 38
Will save: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 4 = 16
AC: 20
HP: 42/83
Rage rounds: 3/9

If the double is from copycat domain power, it is treated as mirror image, so if my attack misses by 5 or less, the double is gone. If my second attack last round got rid of it, then I would swing only once and the damage for the first hit this round is actually 53. It takes a move action to summon another double and the cleric is full-attacking me.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ah, got my Mirror Image wrong.

Valgrim whirls around in a dance of death and cuts down not only the cleric but one of the other attacking drow.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15
Vulcan Stormwrath wrote:
Vulcan

Hodor


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug points her bow at Friar Feres menacingly.

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

But she loses interest and does something else instead.


Male Human Cleric 14

Round Three:

NOTE: Feres moved to square R-12 last round.

Sarenrae's soothing grace continues to radiate from Feres as he steps forward into the midst of the battle to heal some of Valgrim's wounds.

Continue to emanate Divine Grace (Sanctuary effect Will DC 19). Assuming one of the drow that Valgrim cut down is the one in square N-12, Feres will step forward 20 ft from square R-12 to square N-12 and burn Summon Monster III to spontaneously cast Cure Serious Wounds on Valgrim. This movement takes Bubba out of the protective radius of Feres' Divine Grace.

Cure Serious Wounds - Valgrim: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 8, 8) + 8 = 32 hp healed.
Whoa! That's the best healing spell I've ever cast!

Rounds of Divine Grace used today: 2/8

Feres' AC: 20; touch 12; flat-footed 20
Feres' HP: 66/66


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim holds his swing when he sees Friar, and in his enraged state, he manages through some growls to say, "Thank you, Padre."
HP: 74/83


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"Bugs! A giant bug!"

Bubba tries to stab Feres.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Now he makes a Will save

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

hp 48/63


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Desperately the drow (including the one Vug bombed, who has now recovered) turn their attention to Feres, who is hit by a crossbow bolt for 13 points of damage and stabbed for another 11.

At the other end of the room Vug and Vulcan are having a moment of clarity and may act normally, while Bubba turns his fury on Vug.

You are all up.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim waits to see if Vug bombs the drow on the ledge, then swings at the drow in N13 and flies to M11, covering both drow with 10' reach.
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Damage: 6d6 + 20 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 4) + 20 + (6) = 45
AC: 20
HP: 74/83


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15
Black Tom wrote:
Desperately the drow (including the one Vug bombed, who has now recovered) turn their attention to Feres, who is hit by a crossbow bolt for 13 points of damage and stabbed for another 11.

Did they pass their saves vs. Sanctuary?

3,451 to 3,500 of 5,829 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Whispering Cairn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.