Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Whispering Cairn

Game Master Black Tom


3,201 to 3,250 of 5,778 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"Get 'em Valgrim!"

He tries to trip one of the doppelgangers.

Bubba starts Inspire Courage +2 with his move action 4/15 Bardic Performance.

Trip attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan's hand thrusts forth as a stream oof hailstones hammer the other doppleganger

Magic missile3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 3 = 11


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug also delays until Bub can cheer her on, then she steps back and fires a pair of arrows at the doppelgangers.

1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 211d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 8

1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 221d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Although badly hurt the doppelgangers fight back and Vug takes two savage his from a longsword for 37 points of damage. Valgrim manages to fend of his opponent.

As the doppelganger facing Valgrim steps back, he steps on the pressure plate and another mirrored wall crashes down between you and him.

You are up.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Is the one facing Vug still around or is he gone too? Not clear from post, though they're both gone off the combat map.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Oh man! Vug is really starting to hate doppelgangers...

Vug steps back and drinks her potion of False Life (false life is better than none!).

1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 temporary hit points


Male Human Cleric 14

Feres glances around quickly as he steps forward to see to Vug's wounds. "They certainly seem to hold some sort of grudge against you, Mistress Vug," the stout priest comments as he calls upon the powers of the Healing Flame to cast a curative spell on the elf alchemist.

Standard action to burn Remove Disease to spontaneously cast Cure Serious Wounds on Vug: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 7, 5) + 7 = 24 hp healed.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry for the delay. The second doppelganger only stepped back 5 feet, taking the shape of Vug to add insult to injury and mingling with the reflections in the mirrors.

You are still up. Bubba, Vulcan and Valgrim to go.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim steps to P16 and if he sees another "Vug" in front of him, he takes a swing with Power attack and Vital Strike:

Perception to find other Vug: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Damage: 2d12 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 + 2 = 16...2 1s, are you kidding me?

"I must say, I likes hitting ya, Vug, with me axe! Very relaxing! Hahahaha!"


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

"Heh heh..." Vug laughs nervously. "Just don't hit the one holding a bow!"

She steps back and shoots "herself".

1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 221d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 13

1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 311d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 14


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Bubba drops his whip, draws his rapier and stabs at the doppelganger.

Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Bubba terminates Inspire Courage +2, buts its effects linger for 2 more rounds
Lingering Performance 1/2 rounds


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The doppelganger drops under your assault. Where do you want to go now?


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Valgrim chops the guy again, to make sure he is dead and then checks him for any valuables. "There is at least one more, hidden behind these mirror walls, so watch your backs." Keep progressing south along the wall till we're forced to go east.

Perception check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19...add +2 if stone


Male Human Cleric 14

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Lead on, Valgrim."

If that's who you really are... ;)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The dead doppelganger carries a magic sword and wears masterwork studded leather armor.

Proceeding carefully along the right wall of the maze you eventually find a door leading south, which does not seem to be trapped. Do you want to take it or continue exploring the maze?


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

"I hate mazes, too cramped. Let's go south. We can always come back later. Just watch your backs, there is at least one more wounded doppler in there."

We can put the matter to a vote if you guys want.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

"I hate mazes, too. And doppelgangers. Especially doppelgangers," Vug groans, her bleeding slowed down to a trickle.


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

"I agree, lets leave the maze."


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

South it is!

Valgrim in the lead...Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21..+2 stone


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

"Onward into the hellhole we go." Vulcan mutters with a grin.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The door opens on a large chamber (50 feet across) with a vaulted ceiling high above. Along one wall (to your right as you enter), a macabre assembly of vats and tubes connects to a table with numerous straps and a strange silver helmet. On the far side of the room, a raised dais supports a throne.

Sitting on the throne there is a familiar face. Allustan rises to greet you, flanked by his faithful companion Ashka. “So kind of you to join me. It is time for me to show you the truth of things. Come and learn what lies beyond!

All things considered, I think you may just as well roll for initiative. Map forthcoming.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Intiative: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22..."I'm bettin' my right ear those are dopplers" Valgrim whispers back to the group.


Male Human Cleric 14

"A safe bet," Feres whispers back to Valgrim.

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Sense Motive while studying Allustan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Sense Motive (Versatile Performance): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"Sorry Allustan, this may hurt a little bit..."


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Scratch that, it'll probably hurt a lot but then it'll stop, for good."

Vulcan drops into a wary stance, hairuustling as arcane power builds from his core, tiny sparks jumping along his arms.

Damn it! of all the times to roll a 20!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I'm in Åbo, Finland, for the day, with limited internet so I'll have to postpone posting until tomorrow.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Map is up finally and Valgrim and Vulcan beat their initiative so you can act first. Sorry about the delay.

Your former friends are on a raised dais, so the funny-colored squares are stairs. The vats and strange table with the silver helmet attached are green.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Round 1:

Valgrim rages and charges to W17! "Reveal thyself!"

This is what I am thinking, BT, as to the charge and let me know if it can be done: 5 squares of movement to get to base of stairs and then Acrobatics (Jump) check to leap up stairs: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31...which means he can jump across 30 feet horizontally and 7 feet vertically..flying dwarf! If he can, here is the attack roll. If not, he just double moves to W17.

Attack vs. Flatfooted AC: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
AC: 17 (due to rage and charge); 19 if no charge
HP: 74/74 (+7 due to rage)


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

"Whatever you do -- don't break the equipment!!" Vug blurts out, suddenly afraid that the shiny, shiny machine might be damaged in the fight.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Vulcan is up btw.


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Vulcan's eyes flash as the air pressure in the room seems to increase. He opens his mouth, in a silent roar to all but Alustan who hears the blast of thunder as if in the midst of a stormcloud, hammering at his body and mind.

Ear piercing scream (made more thematic)3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11 Sonic damage and dazed for 1 round

DC 15 Fort save for 1/2 damage and negates the dazed condition


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Very cool description, Vulcan.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry for the delay. A series of small misfortunes.

As Valgrim storms forth the floor opens beneath him and he needs to make a Reflex 20 save to avoid the pit trap. Allustan resists Vulcan's magic and looks severely annoyed.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Ooooh, pit trap! Smart! That killed my charge idea.
Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8..failure!

Valgrim curses himself for not seeing the trap, as he fails to avoid it. Thankfully, the magic of his ring kicks in, as he begins to gently float down like a feather. As he falls, he uncoils his Rope of Climbing and commands it to attach itself to some nearby fixture.


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Do Allustan and friend take any actions on their turn? And what square is the trap in?"

"Ack, Val, get back up quick, we need your sword arm up here!"

Bubba will start Inspire Courage +2 on his turn and move to within whipping range (T17).

Bardic Performance 3/15


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Needed the result of Valgrim's save to see what they would do. Pit indicated on map.

Valgrim floats down 40 feet to the bottom of the pit, landing safely among some rather savage spikes. Allustan's face contorts as his visage shifts into that of an hawkish old bearded man. He speaks a few arcane words and suddenly the floor beneath you is crawling with black rubbery tentacles. Unfortunately for him the tentacles twist harmlessly as they flap around blindly. What a time to roll a 1 on the grapple check. :(

Ashka steps up to defend her master.

You are up.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Since Valgrim will be climbing for at least next 2 rounds, let me get his action out of the way.

Valgrim's Round 2 action:
He climbs 30' up the wall using his Rope of Climbing

Take accelerated -5 penalty to climb at 1/2 speed instead of 1/4:
Climb check vs. DC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Climb check vs. DC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Bubba, your ending square may be different since the area with the tentacles is difficult terrain.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

BTW: Vug, Friar are up to end Round 1; then Vulcan in Round 2 before the bad guys.


Male Human Cleric 14

Round One:

Feres barely avoids the writhing, grasping tentacles from his position within the doorway. Unable to enter the room safely, the stout priest begins chanting one of the most powerful prayers that he knows, beseeching his Goddess for divine aid against these deceptive enemies.

Maintaining position in doorway, just beyond the area of the black tentacles. Full round action to cast Summon Monster IV to summon a hound archon augmented by Feres’ Rod of Lesser Metamagic: Extend (increasing the spell’s duration to 14 rounds). The hound archon will appear at the beginning of Feres’ turn next round.

Feres’ AC: 18
Feres’ HP: 57/58


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 15

Choosing the path clear of tentacles Vulcan strides forward T14 throwwing his hand forward as he chants, a trio of fist sized hailstones hurtling past aksha to slam into Alustan.

Magic Missile3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Vug flies to R19 and tosses a stink bomb at "Allustan".

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 234d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 6) + 3 + 2 = 21 + splash/nausea


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Feres's rod doesn't work on 4th level spells. Because the eastern part of the room is raised, Bubba needs to get to the stairs to get within whipping range.

Vulcan's hailstones strike Allustan, but he seems unaffected by Vug's bomb, even though it hits him right in the stomach.

Knowledge (arcana) 22:

Spoiler:
He's had Resist Energy cast.

Ashka moves to engage Bubba, hitting him twice for 21 points of damage, while Allustan casts another spell, conjuring a wall of flames right before Vug and Vulcan, who take 6 points of fire damage.

You are all up.


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Oh, this is not good for Bubba.

Bubba takes a step back, draws his rapier and tells joke to Ashka.

5 ft. step to U15, draw rapier (move action) cast hideous laughter on Ashka (standard action) (Will DC 16). Maintaining Inspire Courage +2 (free action), Bardic Performance 2/15

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Is Ashka affected by the splash? And are either of them affected by the nausea?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ashka was affected by the splash. Both made their saves against the nausea.


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Friar is up to close Round 2 then Vulcan and Valgrim in Round 3 before the bad guys.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 15

Unable to see anything on the other side of the blazing wall, Vug retreats to P21 and readies an action to throw a stink bomb at any enemies who come through the wall.

"Bub, are you okay...?"

I forgot to remind Valgrim that he has a formula of Fly. Bub also has a formula of True Strike, for what it's worth.


Male Human Cleric 14

Round Two:

A glowing, golden canine-headed humanoid bearing a shining greatsword appears in a flash of divine radiance between Bubba and Ashka. Feres calls out to the divine being in the tongue of angels:

Celestial:
"Oh divine servant of the Dawnflower! Smite the false lizardfolk and the deceptive wizard who seek us harm!"

Without a moment's hesitation, the celestial being slashes its glowing sword at Ashka and then attempts to bite the lizardfolk.

Hound Archon appers in square V,16. Hound Archon's full attack against Ashka with greatsword and bite.

Greatsword Attack #1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 (includes Inspire Courage)
Greatsword Damage #1: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 + 2 = 15

Greatsword Attack #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Greatsword Damage #1: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 + 2 = 14

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Bite Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
Bite Critical Hit Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Additional Bite Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

From his position in the doorway, Feres calls upon the blessings of the Healing Flame to channel a burst of divine energy to mend his companions' wounds while excluding their enemies.

Standard action to Channel Energy (Healing), excluding Ashka and Allustan via Selective Channeling.
Channel Energy (Healing): 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 5) = 17 hp healed.

Hound Archon AC: 19; 21 vs. evil creatures
Hound Archon DR: 10/evil
Hound Archon Spell Resistance: 15
Hound Archon Immunities: electricity, petrification
NOTE: The Hound Archon radiates a continuous Magic Circle Against Evil, granting all creatures within the area the benefits of a Protection from Evil spell - granting +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance bonus to saves vs. evil creatures. BUBBA, YOU BENEFIT FROM THIS EFFECT.

Feres' AC: 18; CMD 17
Feres' HP: 58/58
No. of Channels Used Today: 4/7


Male Dwarf Ranger 12/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 177/177; AC:31; F +21; R +17; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +27 (+29)

Now you tell me, Vug. LOL..

Round 3 action:

Valgrim drinks the formula and with 60 feet speed, flies over the Wall of Fire, if possible. How high is the ceiling and do the flames reach the ceiling? If he cannot fly over, he flies through the wall and takes the damage and closes to melee range with "Allustan" to square W17.
AC 19.

3,201 to 3,250 of 5,778 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Whispering Cairn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.