Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


351 to 400 of 3,458 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Surkoff once again rears back and attempts to strike the remaining cannibal with all his might. (The key word there being attempts *sigh*)
Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 6) + 9 = 20

It seems that your luck is contagious Hrakar.

Vitals:
HP:12/12
AC:15


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch turns his blade on the woman. Scimitar attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Her movements are too quick, however.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf steps to the side to try to help his friends flank the cannibal and feebly swats again.

1d20 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 2


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar moves back 10 feet so the radius of channel energy doesn't hit the cannibals, then he channels energy to heal his fellow castaways.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibal lady finds herself outnumbered and tries to turn and run, provoking AoOs from Torch and Ralf.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

1d20 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch's scimitar cuts the feral woman deep, but she still manages to run off. Are you going to pursue her or will you continue to search for a place to set up camp?

Either way you still get 100 xp each for the fight.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

"Get back here! No running home to mama for you!"
Surkoff attempts to pursue her, drawing a javelin and hurling it at her as she runs. (This is of course assuming that shot is possible. The entire area is still difficult terrain if I am correct so the furthest she could be away is 30 feet, I would still be within the 30ft range increment of the javelin.)
Javelin Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Surkoff's javelin whizzes by the fleeing woman, but she still manages to vanish into the jungle. Unless you are going after her.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Is her companion still alive? He shouldn't be more than a few hit points below 0 yet, right?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

He is indeed.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf uses his Soothing Touch to stop the cannibal from bleeding to death.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Surkoff pursues the cannibal as far as he can see tracks (and also to see if he can recover his wayward javelin).
Survival(Track): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Surkoff finds his javelin but the cannibal is nowhere to be seen. Her mate, however, is breathing, but still unconscious.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Hmm...maybe we can question this fella when he wakes up," Ralf muses. "I don't know what kind of lingo he might speak, but I know a simple charm that allows someone to read all sorts o' heathen writing. If he don't speak our language, mayhaps I could use it on him and we could show him some messages."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

These bastards have a way pf wanishing through theseTorag-forsaken woods it seems... Well, let's wake the unwashed savage up and ask him a couple of questions about his friends! I would dearly love to know where they are keeping their cooking pots...


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

If you need to save on your spells Jask could heal or channel for you. I am assuming that the NPCs and Quij are a bit behind you with the gear as you scout ahead.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I think a friendly interrogation might be all sorts of useful.

"I'm something of a linguist," Torch notes, "so I might be able to translate. I'd be surprised if he knows how to read."


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Once we get him awake (which might require some healing magic from Jask or one of the two clerical sorts with us?), Torch greets him in the various languages he knows in hopes of getting a reaction. He starts with Common, and then tries Polyglot, then works through the rest with less enthusiasm from there.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As the remainder of the party catch up with you, Jask channels energy for 4 points (in case anyone is still hurt) and the cannibal comes to life, spouting what sounds like a string of curses.

It turns out that the cannibal only speaks some sort of pidgin Infernal. Unless anyone can speak Infernal you'll have to communicate with gestures (and possibly magic).


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Listen to him! His gibberish actually hurts my ears! Does anyone understand what he's saying? says the dwarf with obvious distaste toward the captured cannibal.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

"Obviously some sort of crazed primitive culture, if you can call it culture. What is that around his neck? Are those ears? What kind of beast wears a necklace of ears? Are those nibble marks in them? That just isn't right." Surkoff stands back and puts his hand on his sword, looking as though he is ready to draw and pronounce judgement upon him and carry through with punishment.

Black Tom:
In case you hadn't noticed, Surkoff will not necessarily be the stereotypical pally. One man's interpretation of LG isn't necessarily the same as another's. If you feel I cross the boundaries of LG let me know.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Surkoff:

Spoiler:
Don't worry. I'm pretty relaxed about paladins (depending somewhat on their deity). As a paladin of Abadar, you're not even close to the gray area.

Maybe you should just take Surkoff's hint and kill the cannibal and move on?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3
Black Tom wrote:

Surkoff:** spoiler omitted **

Maybe you should just take Surkoff's hint and kill the cannibal and move on?

I dunno at this point if my CG sensibilities will allow me to kill an unarmed, restrained man in cold blood. We might have to make Quij babysit him.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

For me it's a matter of law: as the savage clearly is a degenerate devil worshipping cannibal I guess Torag's sensibilities would be to get rid of him and his filth. He's clearly a monster in human skin and by the law he deserves to die. He would need to be able to speak in his own defence though... Hrakar won't defend him as he's clearly guilty, but won't lobby for immediate execution either.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The NPCs (with the exception of Quij) are all in favor of killing him but the decision is yours.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf doesn't object to an execution, but he's disappointed nobody can speak the guy's language.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

"We can not keep him with us and I dare not release him for he will only return to his clan and continue the evil practices. He is not fit to live with crimes he has obviously committed, the only option seems to be a quick and merciful death. Unless of course you want to just leave him to die of thirst and hunger, or if he is lucky then some animal will kill and consume him?"
Surkoff draws his blade ready to strike unless someone steps in to stop him.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3
Ralf Pennywhistle wrote:
Ralf doesn't object to an execution, but he's disappointed nobody can speak the guy's language.

Give me a level or two. ;)

Once it's clear that the party's opinion is pretty much against him, Torch shakes his head and turns away. "Do it then, and get it over with," he says angrily. Though he remains focused on helping the group's efforts, Torch remains sullen and distant for the rest of the day.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Surkoff approaches the bound cannibal, sword drawn, motioning for the him to raise his head as he goes around behind him. If he struggles or refuses, he asks a couple of the party to hold him still. "For crimes that are beyond forgiveness I judge you to be unfit to continue living. May the gods have mercy on your soul." With that said, he plunges his long blade in through the neck and into the chest, slicing cleanly through the heart.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You let the cannibal lie where he fell as a dire warning to others and carry on looking for a place to set up camp. Not long thereafter you strike gold, as you find a sheltered spot, with a stream nearby and will sheer cliffs on one side that makes it easy to defend. You start putting up some awmings to shield yourselves from the midday sun.

Will you take a break during the midday heat or do you want to get your camp up as soon as possible? There will be Fort saves...

Also this is a good time to chat up some of the NPCs if you like. The mood is steadily improving as you are starting to get a bit more comfortable. You're still dangerously low on rations but Ilum has turned out to be an adequate hunter/gatherer.

Aerys and Ishirou are having a good-natured discussion of where to put the traps while Quij and Gelik are having a rhyming contest.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Surkoff finishes putting up a bit of shelter just as the sun is climbing to it's highest point. "Hells that sun is just not right. Man is not supposed to live in climates such as these, let alone be productive. Come let us cover ourselves from the sun and then get to work on the camp after it cools a bit."


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

As everyone sits under the little shelter that was assembled Surkoff again tries to figure out Sasha. "I obviously touched a nerve the last time we spoke and for that I apologize. What has happened in your past is none of my business but I am hoping that we can start anew and work together to make this predicament a little better."
Diplomacy vs Sasha: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

If anyone else would like to step up and try to win friends over that would be great. I can keep trying but the sooner we get everyone on board the better. (Ralf does have a +4 bonus, Torch and Hrakar might have a bit more trouble but can always assist or hope for the really good roll)

Black Tom:
Is Aerys feeling any better? How is she doing with the booze situation, I am not sure how much we have left.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"I suppose killing the savage is for the best, cannibalism is a dire sin after all, and worshipping devils isn't exactly good, either" says Hrakar after the deed is done.

As for shelter the dwarf helps with the camp, and keeps to himself, thinking on what could possibly be the better course of action. After a long time he resolves himself and announces: "I think we have better set up camp near the beach, we need a safe side they can't exploit in an attack..."


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Black Tom wrote:
Will you take a break during the midday heat or do you want to get your camp up as soon as possible? There will be Fort saves...

Ralf finds a shadowy spot to take a nap (unless otherwise disturbed).


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Maybe it is the comfort of the new camp, but Sasha seems a bit more mellow. Laughing at Quij's and Gelik's antics, she says: "You know, you're not half bad for a pally. I bet the stick only goes half way up your ass." She laughs raucously. "You know, I guess I could get used to this island. The wildlife is kind of adorable, especially those large flying lizards that you killed. I'd love to have one for myself. I bet I could tame it if I raised it from an egg." Then she gets an idea. "Or why don't you catch one for me? I promise that I could keep it under control. Pretty please?"

You may have gotten yourselves into some fresh trouble, but at least you get 25 xp each for improving Sasha's attitude.

A few hours later it's cool enough to set up the camp proper, but I guess you'll want to explore some more. Where would you like to go?

I am having some trouble with the map, but your new camp is pretty near the source of the stream, west of the little bay on the right side of the island. Hope that makes some sort of sense.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf suggests trying to build up a food surplus, since they're almost out of supplies.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Black Tom: you mentioned that Ilum has turned out to be a adequate hunter/gatherer. Does this mean that he can provide enough food for us so that we don't have to dedicate time to collecting?

To Sasha. "I guess if we stumble upon a nest somewhere we could bring one back or have you come collect it. You really think that you could train one of those wild beasts? Do you have any skills in tracking that could help your own cause?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sasha smiles. "I do, but how about I use them to keep you fed for now while you go find me a pet?"

Actually you can get one or more NPCs to join you if you like, but they'll take a share of the xp.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3
Surkoff Hurntol wrote:
If anyone else would like to step up and try to win friends over that would be great. I can keep trying but the sooner we get everyone on board the better. (Ralf does have a +4 bonus, Torch and Hrakar might have a bit more trouble but can always assist or hope for the really good roll)

I'm concerned that failing the Diplomacy roll by more than 5 will worsen someone's attitude, and that's waaaaay too likely with my -2 modifier. I don't know if it would apply to an Aid Another check, but if it would my odds of doing so would be almost exatly the same as providing the +2 bonus. That's why I haven't been helping out. (Well, that and it's entirely in character, since Torch is so repulsive he does make people actively want to find other places to be...)

"I could probably find a nest, if that's really what you want," Torch says, shrugging. "I don't know if having a poisonous reptile around the camp is a terribly good idea, but we're pretty short on good ideas at the moment as it is." He doesn't look at Surkoff as he says this, but his not-looking is almost as heavy as an outright glare.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar snores loudly, after finding a nice spot near the steam, where the foliage protects him from the sun. It's perhaps fortunate he didn't hear the conversation about flying reptiles, or he would have pointed out how the last thing the castaways need is another voracious mouth to feed... one who may very well decide the castaways themselves are an acceptable form of meal...


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Sense Motive vs Torch's shot: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

"Well how about this for an idea, lets finish the camp and then as Ilum and Sasha try to keep us fed we go out and explore a bit more?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Which way would you like to go then?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Can we get the island map link again? I seem to have lost it.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge
Sam "Torch" McQuarry wrote:
Can we get the island map link again? I seem to have lost it.

Sure.

As I said, your camp is near the source of the river, just west of the small bay.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Where do we go from here? This spot seems pretty nice actually, but I don't count on an extended stay... So what's it people? East or west? North or South? Personally I'm partial to the eastern approach, as I think we may get fortunate and be spotted by a ship passing nearby, and it's a tad difficult to do that from the middle of the DAMNED JUNGLE!!! Fat chance of that... but better a little hope than none...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf rubs his belly. "I don't know about you all, but stomach is just about touching my back, and there's diddly squat in the larder. I think we ought to do a double shift of hunting today, if you ask me. Of course, I'm just an old man, not a brave explorer like some of you..."


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Have we more or less completely explored the northern peninsula at this point?

"Ralf's got a point," Torch nods. "Maybe this new spot will have a bit more to offer, foodwise, than our last one." Or at least our dice rolls will be better...


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

"Keep dreaming the dream Hrakar, if what I have heard is correct then nobody purposely sails anywhere near this place. If we are to get off this hell then we will have to do it ourselves. I am not saying that we shouldn't head to the coast I just think that we need to explore the whole thing in order to maximize our chances. I say we head to the west for now and explore the beaches there as I hoping the currents will not be as turbulent."

351 to 400 of 3,458 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.