Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


251 to 300 of 3,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch blinks awake, then gasps as he sees the lurking figures in the firelight. Grabbing his scimitar, he rolls out of his bed and prepares to enter the fray. Move action to grab scimitar, move action to stand. If my +1 BAB means I can do both with the same move action, I will move to H21. I wouldn't be sleeping in armor, meaning my AC is a whopping 10 at the moment.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Well for me it's a move action to grab my crossbow, a move action to stand and a standard action to shot, and I think yelling is considered a free action, if I can't do that in one round just have me stand up, grab my crossbow and rise alarm immediately, I'll shot next turn; I wouldn't wear armor while sleeping too btw


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch grabs his weapon and advances, while Hrakar stands up and loads his crossbow. All the yelling awakens Surkoff (and the rest of the camp) automatically. Only Ralf blissfully still sleeps.

The monsters retaliate, ripping the eagle to shreads and clawing Torch and Ilum pretty badly. Torch is hit for 5 points and Ilum for 4. Ilum also needs to make a Fort 13 save.

You are up, including Surkoff.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch grunts under the assault, but swings his blade with a vengeance, hoping to return the attack in kind. Scimitar attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6. The aftereffects of the poison are still troubling him, though, making the attack ineffective. 5 ft step to G22, in case that will help someone else set up a flank with me...


Male Gnome Master Summoner 1

Ilum Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

As long as he's able to:

Ilum recovers and retaliates on the monster with his claws, while Quij starts to whistle as he summons a pony to replace the eagle, who launches into its own attacks.

Ilum attack and damage:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Summon celestial pony to I23. Not as good offensively but should last long enough to flank for Torch.
[url=http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/horse/pony/summoned-creature-pony-horse]Celestial eagle attack and damage:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d3 ⇒ 3


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

...<snore>...


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Perception to notice that Ralf still sleeps: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Surkoff is awoken by the screaming of Hrakar and springs into action. "Wha...What the hell is going on here?!? Ghouls! Under attack we are!"
The blanket covering Surkoff goes flying off into the night and he stands (move action), then draws his sword while heading to the southeast (move action draw sword, 5ft to K19)

Vitals:
HP: 12/12
AC: 10

Black Tom:
Can you post an updated map after every turn you make?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I don't know if I need to roll again, in any case, I attack the ghoul who's not in melee yet (the one who killed the eagle...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Damage roll: 1d10 ⇒ 2

these dice must hate me! XD


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Gelik kicks Ralf awake, screaming something that Ralf can't hear anyway. A celestial pony appears to replace the fallen eagle. Ilum stands frozen to the spot. Hrakar's bolt misses.

The ghouls continue their relentless attack. Torch is hit for 4 points of damage, the pony for 5 and a Fort save.

Your turn, including Ralf. Map here.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Hmmmph? Morning already? Wait...it's still dark -- my stars?! What the devil are those walking corpses doing here?"

Ralf blinks the sleep from his eyes and blasts one of the revenants with positive energy.

Boosted empowered lesser cure on one of the ghouls, Will save DC 15 for 1/2

damage: 1.5*1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 --> 9 damage


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ralf's word blasts the ghoul chewing on the pony out of existence. Modified map above.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Black Tom & Ralf:
As I read the Words of Power, anything that does damage requires a ranged touch attack. Words of Power:Selected Target. So a ranged touch attack would have been required by Ralf to hit the ghoul (firing into melee as well).


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

OK, it seems that Ralf needs to make a ranged touch attack to blast the ghoul. Also Ilum is paralyzed, in case anyone misunderstood the flavor text above.


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Surkoff's actions depends on the outcome of Ralf's attack roll

If attack hits and kills ghoul
Surkoff moves in between the immobile Ilum and the ghoul (move I22).
If Ralf misses the ghoul
Surkoff charges the ghoul (charge K22)

"Prepare to be sent back to hell you abonit.. abomtin.. beasts!"(Smite Evil) Surkoff takes a big swing at the ghoul looking to destroy it in a single blow.
Greatsword Power Attack, Smiting, Flank or Charge: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 21, Damage + Smite(undead): 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 9 + 2 = 18

Vitals:
HP: 12/12
AC: 10 or 8 (Charge) +2 vs Smite Target


Male Gnome Master Summoner 1

Pony Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Attack and damage rolls if the pony saves.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
1d3 ⇒ 3

Pony crit confirmation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Crit Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Quij makes to reach for his crossbow, but thinks better of it, and decides to Enlarge Surkoff instead.

Cast Enlarge Person on Surkoff.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I can't seem to be able to hit anything! Damned island and damned the one who sunk us here!!! swears the dwarf while dropping his crossbow and sending another acid bolt towards the surviving ghoul

I'm guessing the one surkoff hit to be dead for good this time, so the other one if there's one left, otherwise... don't mind me! Just tell me if I need to roll or not, thanks


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I rolled for Ralf, and he hit.

Surkoff strikes down the remaining ghoul, and peace is restored. Ishirou mutters that he's going to put up some traps around the camp first thing in the morning. Jask fusses over Torch, chiding him for getting into trouble before he is fully healed. He then channels enough energy to bring you all back to full hp.

Warily you go back to sleep and the rest of the night is uneventful.

You get 160 xp each for the battle.

Also Torch and Surkoff need to make Fort saves (DC 13 for Torch, 12 for Surkoff).


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Gnome Master Summoner 1

Just to be clear, does that include Ilum as well? I'm still not 100% on the rules of healing eidolons.

Quij wakes and stretches with a yawn that seems impossibly large for his small stature. "Good morning, chaps. I trust no one was carted off by ghouls while I slept?"


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Surkoff Hurntol wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Oops...thanks for rolling, Black Tom.

Ralf inspects the wounded party members and helps clean them up.

Heal checks, if needed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Dadgummit, I hope we're not attacked every night like that. Maybe we need to find a more defensible place to sleep."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Everybody seems to be OK physically. Surkoff has some insect bites that look a little swollen but he'll be fine. Torch's wounds are clean.

Only your fellow castaways seem a bit under the weather, especially Aerys. Jask and Sasha are also a bit twitchy. It seems that the ghoul attack has gotten to them. Only Gelik is cheerful as ever and does his best to keep spirits up. Also you are running a bit low on rations.

How do you want to spend the day?


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Surkoff awakens slowly, stretching out and scratching at some bug bites. "What a night. Never did I think I would actually miss sleeping in the hammocks on the ship."
After seeing the condition of everyone and the somewhat lower morale of some, Surkoff attempts an inspirational speech.
"Come now folks, everyone is fine....ish. We shall do a bit of camp building, some food gathering, and a little defensive exploration so that things like that don't sneak up on us in the middle of the night again. What say you all? We can do this, we can not just survive, but thrive! The only way we are getting off this island is to work together so let's get at it!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Black Tom:
You had mentioned about camp roles earlier. Hunter, guard, etc. Are any of the NPCs taking on these roles or is it again up to us? Or do we have to convince them to participate (make diplomacy checks against them to make them friendly)?


Male Gnome Master Summoner 1

"Here,here!" seconds the gnome. "Chin up, and all that. After all, we took care of things last night, didn't we?"

Quij spends the next hour or so making his way around camp, talking and joking with its members, particularly those who seem to be in need of it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

To reiterate, the basic functions available around camp is Defender, Guard, Entertainer, Hunter and Medic. These are fairly simple chores and don't demand a skill check (but take up most of the day).

Apart from that you can of course use skills as normal (like Survival or Diplomacy). If you want to make a Diplomacy check though, I want to know who you are talking to and what you want to say. That may affect the check substantially.

So far, Aerys is volunteering as a Guard, Ishirou as a Defender, Gelik as Entertainer and Jask as Medic (although so far he has only attended to Torch). Sasha is the only one left that needs some convincing, although it might be useful to get the others friendly.

Do you want to explore some more or will you spend the day in the camp?


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Damn, so I wasted a good diplomacy check, oh well.

Surkoff approaches Jask in the morning. "I am a proud man but even I must admit when some leniency must be given. You have performed admirably, helping in the camp and using the power of Nethys to aid and heal. Perhaps we could start over a bit and you could tell me a little of your struggle."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 <-here comes the crap rolling!

What?? Surkoff admitting that he may have been wrong? Look out folks, I may have just divided by zero!

"As much as I would love to work on just reinforcing the camp, I do believe that we must press forward. There is nothing here on this beach for us and a way out of here will not be appearing out of thin air. We don't have to go far but we should move down the island little by little, moving the camp as we go. Those of us who are strong enough can advance ahead and then come back for the rest once a good location has been found."

Surkoff will take a little time to tend to Aerys, offering her a little bit of the brandy if she will take it. "I will try and find the berries you think may help. To do so we must keep moving, can you handle moving?"
Heal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I like this place less and less, I think we need to work out a way for leaving or one of these days we may end like thos filthy things that attacked last night. I'm still for collecting what we need to build a raft and leave, and I insist if we leave camp again we actively search for usable parts to assemble our raft! And by the way I think we should go east this time if we go "exploring" again Says the dwarf after a rinvigorating night of sleep and after praying to Torag for wisdom and strenght.

There's no camp action for building a raft or the like or is it hunt activity


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Can we handle one more day without a hunter foodwise, or do we need to focus on that first? Will Sasha as a hunter be enough to feed us, or will we need to have a second actor in that area?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Building a raft is not going to help your camp, so that's a separate project.

You have fourteen days worth of rations left, so you'll last another day. A hunter will get enough provisions for eight people, so that will take care of the immediate problem. Making a Survival check takes 4 hours and may bring in some more, depending on the check.

Ralf:

Spoiler:
Your sailor skills tell you that atampting to build a raft is doomed. Ships are wrecking on this coast for a reason and they are far better equipped than any raft.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Jask smiles faintly at Surkoff and sighs. "I don't hold any grudge against you, my friend. You are clearly a man of honor, and we're going to need that sword of yours. Alas, I fear we're all going to die hear on this island, but we'd do well to stick together. I wish I could prove my innocence to you, but that will never be. 'Tis the will of Nethys and we must abide by it."


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"I can go hunting this morning," Torch offers, "and after the heat breaks this afternoon we can continue our explorations - heading east this time," he adds with a nod to Hrakar. Turning to Surkoff he adds quietly, "You've done an excellent getting most of these people to pull together with us. Maybe you can turn the charm on Sasha next while I'm gone?"

Survival check, if everyone agrees to that plan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

...or not. (sigh)


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Good to hear we agree! If you don't mind I'll help you with your hunt

Survival check for aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Did I roll anything good till now? Let's hope my luck changes when it counts...


Male Gnome Master Summoner 1

Quij and Ilum make their way up to where Torch and the dwarf are talking, and offer to help in the search for food as much as they can.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

"Very well Torch, I shall stay and help fortify the camp while you attempt to find some stuff for us to survive on."
"Perhaps you could assist me in fortifying the camp Mistress Sasha, it will give us a chance to gain an understanding of each other."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf muses to himself: "Too bad there's so many reefs and unpredictable currents around here. There's no raft we could make that would have a hope in hell of getting out of here. The Shiv is famous for its shipwrecks for a reason!"

Ralf will help with the hunting as well.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sasha seems a bit listless. She helps Surkoff, pottering about the camp for a while, but quickly loses interest and wanders off.

You haven't got much luck with your foraging. Only Ilum has managed to find some sort of edible roots, enough to last him and Quij through the day but not much more. You found two rations between you, and you will spend ten to get you through the day. You're running low on supplies.

At least you're not assaulted by anything. There was some rumbling in the bushes at one point while you were out, but after Aerys threw a stone at it, whatever it was withdrew.

Then the mid-day heat strikes and nobody feels much like doing anything, so most of you withdraw to shelter and take a siesta.

What then?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

So you say there's no way to escape from here!!! I refuse to believe this! There must be a way! There MUST!!! Hearing ralf's reasoning didn't make Hrakar happy. He needs to deliver his message!

After a very akvard moment with a very upset dwarf, the cleric of Torag seems to calm down I don't care what you say, we NEED to find a way to escape. I REFUSE to accept we are trapped on this chunk of rock. And if I'm trapped here I surely want the one who sank me here to pay for it! Let's go "exploring" I want to know if that scumbag of a captain survived the shipwreck... and I very much hope so! although apparently calm, the dwarf tone carries something of sinister...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Seeing the effect of his words on Hrakar, Ralf looks at him with pity. "There there, big fella. I didn't mean to upset ya. I'm sure we can get a way out of here, either by magic or by luck. I swear to Desna and the stars above, I feel it in my bones. It just might take a while so's we better make ourselves comfortable."


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

As the midday heat starts to fade Surkoff puts his armor on and prepares his gear. "Ready yourselves. We must strike out and find some sustenance of some sort. I do want to simply waste away on this hell of an island. I do admit Hrakar, that although finding out where the one who is the caused this mess is important, survival is the of highest priority. Let us go and find out what this place holds for us."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

So where do you want to go and will you be stopping to gather food (in which case you'll move at half speed)?


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

"Without any means to fish I think that the only way we are going to feed ourselves is to head inland. I suggest we also find some high ground before the night comes to have some semblance of a defensible position."
Surkoff assists Aerys with her gear as she is in a somewhat weakened state. "Lets go find those berries and get you feeling better"
Unless there are dissenting opinions Surkoff starts to lead the way into the jungle sword at the ready to chop vines and critters alike.

I will be willing to take up to another 100-150 lbs in gear if necessary, the sacrifice of being a gentleman.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys is not coming with you (unless you absolutely insist), but she promises to keep the camp safe until you return.

Who's going and where are you going?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

As I said before I think this time we should go east, maybe there's something better than some overgrown flying lizards and some rotten planks smashed on the rocks, and this time we need to keep going untill we find something to eat,otherwise we are going to strave states Hrakar matter of factly


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Would that be east along the coast or into the jungle?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Of course I think it wise to keep on the shore for the moment, we can always pay those cannibals the old man talked about a visit if need arises, but better later than sooner I say!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As you set out to explore some more of the island (after the midday heat has passed), Quij declares that he is needed at camp to bolster the morale of the increasingly dejected castaways.

You set out anyway, and as you near the isle just off the coast you notice another wreck stranded on the reefs. It's too far away to read the name, though.

As you ponder this, your attention is caught by a blood-curdling scream as four tattooed and wild-eyed humans emerge from the jungle, brandishing scimitars.

Roll for initiative. Map coming up.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf is blissfully unaware of any screaming, but he notices his comrades looking concerned.

init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (18) - 6 = 12


Male Human - Chelaxian Paladin 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Also - I'm back!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Got you a map

The cannibals go on 14, so Surkoff and Torch beat them. Awaiting initiative from Hrakar, but you two can act if you like.

251 to 300 of 3,458 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.