Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


2,101 to 2,150 of 3,455 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Aerys mind seems to be taken by something in the carvings.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The skeletons are just 10 feet away. You practically stumbled over them.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Seeing the undeads Hrakar channels the divine power of Torag to wipe them out

Channel energy:1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik throws his hands in the air, thoroughly frustrated. More skeletons!


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch steps forward, shaking his head a little as he begins to attack the first in line.

Five foot step forward and start the full attack:
Scimitar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and sneak attack 1d6 ⇒ 6 slashing.
Cestus 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 and sneak attack 1d6 ⇒ 2 bludgeoning.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch cuts down the first skeleton. The following steps up and slashes at Torch but he easily dodges. Hrakar unleashes a burst of energy that crumbles one more skeleton and harms the two remaining.

Gelik, Ralf, Aerys and Torch to go.

And Hrakar, please try to post on your turn.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf tries to hobble forward and whack a skeleton with his walking stick.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d6 ⇒ 2


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Did the skeleton attacking me collapse, or was that one of the other two? And if it wasn't the one in front of me, could Ralf have actually found anywhere to stand to make that attack?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

If possible, Aerys would try and climb along the wall of the tunnel to get some height and then leap past (onto) a skeleton? Is this possible to attempt, i.e. are their carvings along the passageway that would allow her to climb along, sword in teeth (so much like a pirate)? And is the tunnel high enough for this?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Strictly speaking the skeletons are ahead of Torch and the one that Hrakar destroyed was the last in line, but there are alcoves along the way, so you can squeeze in beside Torch, although the skeleton will have cover. Or you can run around (the two passages connect) or try to tumble past it with an Acrobatics check.

If you spend a hero point, I'll allow you to bend the rules a little to do something cool, so Aerys's plan might actually work. You'll still need an Acrobatics check to avoid the AoOs, though.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Sam "Torch" McQuarry wrote:
Did the skeleton attacking me collapse, or was that one of the other two? And if it wasn't the one in front of me, could Ralf have actually found anywhere to stand to make that attack?

Oops, I forgot that we're in a narrow corridor. In that case, Ralf will probably just delay.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Sorry for posting ahead but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to post in a while.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys, impatient at not getting involved, jumps up to the ceiling of the tunnel, where she noticed some rough hand holds. She swings her legs backward and forward once, twice, three times as she gains momentum and height, before propelling herself forward, she tucks into a ball. Her sword held in her mouth and poking out from her body, is almost an axle as she plummets to wards the skeletons.

Landing on the floor behind a skeleton, she slices at the boney undead enemy.

Acrobatics + 1 Hero Point (well for a good bit of cinematic action it has to be done) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 with mobility, her AC is 22 against AoO.
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik whistles and claps as Aerys pulls of her stunt.

Bored with standing in the back, and with no useful options available to him, Gelik decides to run an experiment. He casts a simple cantrip, pointing at one of the skeletons.

Trying to cast Prestidigitation on one of the skeletons and turn it purple. It should work, as long as the skeleton is considered a non-living "item".


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch grins distractedly as Aerys jumps over his head, but can't risk paying too much attention while he tries to deal with the skeleton in front of him.

Another full attack. Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 slashing. Cestus attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 bludgeoning.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys and Torch finish off the last skeletons. 108 xp for you

But there are no visible exits (the corridor turns from one door to another) and nothing else of interest here.

Where do you want to go next?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

After we search the area to make sure there's nothing else here, I suppose the next step would be to cross the bridge...?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Perception check:1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21

Hrakar searches the area thoroughly


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

There is really nothing of interest in this room. The carvings in Z2 might be interesting, but they are in Azlanti and partially ruined anyway.

There is the bridge, of course, and also the other set of stairs.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I am operating under the assumption that the bridge and the stairs lead to the same place. If this turns out not to be true, I imagine we'll figure that out soon enough.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar will follow some paces behind the others


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys follows Torch across to the bridge.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf happily follows behind, looking at the carvings with great interest.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik stares at the carvings for a minute or two, squinting in concentration.

Any idea what they say? Linguistics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Hmm. I believe these runes are ancient Azlanti. This particular one translates roughly to... he frowns in concentration ...Hrakar's bum smells like poo. His delivery is deadpan. Fascinating. How would the ancient Azlanti have known that? Perhaps they could detect the stank from the distant past? He rubs his chin in a scholarly manner.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You cross the bridge without mishap. Beyond the double doors there is a corridor that ends in a T-intersection.

Torch still taking point, I suppose? Left or right?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch looks right long enough to verify that there is a set of stairs there - if there are (and nothing untoward occurs), he reverses course and goes left.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As he moves along the corridor, suddenly the ground gives way under Torch, who needs to make a Reflex save (DC 15).


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Ref save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

With a shout, Torch topples through the hole in the floor.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch tumbles 30 feet down, taking 9 points of damage. The pit covers 15 feet of the corridor and stays open.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Son of a..." Torch groans, checking his twisted ankle to make sure it isn't broken. "What is it with the traps on this island?!"

Was the pit to the right or left?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Actually it was before the intersection. Just wanted to give you a chance to search for it. *evil grin*


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

You know, when I get trap spotter, I am going to ruin all your fun. How climbable do the walls look?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The walls are DC 20. The bad news is that there are 2 feet high tunnel openings on both sides of the pit.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar assumes the mildest tone he's capable of and calls after Torch:"What is this new sport you champion McQuarry? Trap diving? You must be one of the best at it! Why don't you try teaching Gelik? Would save me the effort of drilling same sense in his head with my hammer!"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Don't tell me. (sigh) More dolls?


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Oh dear..." Ralf looks down at Torch and sends him down his last bit of healing for the day.

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I'm already pretty good at falling down, Hrakar. Thanks, though, for yet another casual offer of cranial violence.

Gelik looks down into the pit, whistling when he sees how deep it is.

Anyone got a rope?

If no-one offers one up immediately, Gelik will lower the butt end of his spear down into the pit, then solicits help from anyone nearby to help haul Torch out.

Once he's out, Gelik is at a loss as to how they should get across. Is there a ledge on the sides, or will we have to climb down to the bottom then back up the other side?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I assume we still have the rope I used to get in and out of the last hole I dropped into in this dungeon, although that was more intentional on the front end than in this escapade. I'm waiting to see if I get jumped before I take another action, though.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You can drag Torch up without much ado, but to cross the pit you'll either have to climb down and up or jump across.

At least you get 80 xp for the trap.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys sits down, "Perhaps there's another way around? We could go back and try those stairs. But first of all, are you alright Torch? You sure you are OK to carry on?" She tilts her head to one side thinking. "You know, that place with the skeletons, its easy to defend, would make a great place to hole up if we need to." She gets up, ready.

Aerys:
XP: 7176


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch ponders, testing his leg. "I'm worried about what Ieana might be doing down here," he says finally, "but we are all getting close to the ragged edge. What do the rest of you say?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

When Torch is out of the trap hole Hrakar motions the others towards the stairs:"I'd say Lassie here has a good idea about what to do next... let's follow her or do you want to lead again, McQuarry?"

Tell me your current hps please. All of you


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

uninjured

When the subject of holing up and resting comes up, Gelik replies in a low voice. Boooorrrriiiiing.

His suggestion is that the group climb down into the pit, then climb up the other side. It'll give him the chance to peek into the little tunnel entrances.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

18/30


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Aerys?


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Hrakar Orcbane wrote:
Aerys?

The profile says 31/32 hp, but that could be out of date. (Ralf is uninjured, of course.)


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

No, that's right 31/32


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar touches Torch and invokes the power of Torag to heal his wounds:

Cure light wounds1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Converted Summon monster 1


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Well Gelik, I didn't mean we'd have to abandon our task just yet, but come the time, we'll have somewhere we can easily defend against whatever other denizens are here. Aerys shrugs. She looks at the blade of her sword and swings it in one or two sweeps, keeping her muscles warm. "Anyone bring a grappling hook with them?" She looks expectantly around her companions, her mouth ready to thank whoever might have one. If not, she holds the rope and lets others climb down before she too jumps down, after holding the edge of the pit and lowering herself down.

Acrobaics(Jump) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik's face brightens, and he rubs his hands together.

He's ready to go.

2,101 to 2,150 of 3,455 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.