Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


2,051 to 2,100 of 3,271 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Mmmmh... McQuarry... wanna do the honors?" says Hrakar eyeing the ancient bones doubtfully.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Are there supports for the bridge, and if so, is there one within about 20 feet of the trapdoor? If not, is there anything else we might use to tie a rope off to?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yes, there is a pillar about 15 feet away.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch pulls out his silk rope, tying it off on the pillar and handing it to Aerys to help belay him. "Let's see if it really is vampires then," he grins twistedly, and begins climbing down.

With the addition of the rope, I should be able to take 10 on the Climb check, but if not, here goes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch descends the rope effortlessly. It's when he gets down there that the trouble starts.

Torch needs to make a Perception check and you can all roll for initiative.

The cave that Torch lands in is roughly triangular and about 20 feet across. At first glance, this damp cavern seems natural, but here and there the mineral deposits on the walls and ceiling don’t quite obscure ancient walls that were carved by hand. The floor is covered with a shallow layer of brackish water from which numerous small mounds of delicate crystals emerge.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As Torch lands in the pile of bones, he is set upon by a pair of disturbing opponents: two little dolls crafted from bird bones, children’s bones, hair, and twine. They may be tiny, but they intent is clearly murderous. Luckily Torch spots them in time and beats their initiative (10).

Torch can act, and so can the rest of you if you beat 10. You can't see the dolls from above, though.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (1) - 6 = -5


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Gelik whines. What's going on?

He casts light on a pebble or bone splinter or something and drops it down the hole for more light, looking in to see if he can get a better sight angle on the action.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (low light vision)


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 to jump from the rope to a position away from Torch, maybe to provide flanking when she lands.
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Hearing Torch's shout of surprise, Aerys climbs down the rope to join him, her sword held between her teeth, this is more like it, just like those pirates my mother read me stories about when I was a small girl. hoping that she's doing the right thing. As she closes her feet make purchase on the wall, bending her knees she kicks off into the centre of the pit, doing a somersault as she goes, taking her sword from her mouth and landing on her feet. She bows to Torch as she lands. "So what is it?" she says as she looks for the threat.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Perception check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Climb check:1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Damage roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Hrakar climbs down the rope and sends a bolt of acid towards whatever menace lurks down there!


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Living dolls!" Torch shouts back, forgoing to point and instead just indicating their location by trying to smash them to bits.

Five foot step if necessary - from the sound of the space, that should get me within melee range of one of them without difficulty - and full attack with scimitar and cestus.

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 sneak attack.
Cestus attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 sneak attack.

Also, if they are actually Tiny and try a melee attack, I might get an AoO on them - if so, here it is: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; crit confirm 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, crit damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch smashes one of the little dolls, and then Aerys swings down into the fray, missing the other hiding doll, which stabs at her but fails to pierce her armor.

Then the other little doll tries to use a spell-like ability, but Torch rudely interrupts it with his scimitar (you may want to confirm that crit) and it uses its remaining actions to scurry away (drawing an AoO from Aerys) towards a small rat tunnel.

Hrakar spends the round climbing down the rope and Gelik and Ralf are stuck up there for now.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I tried - there's a confirmation roll there, but unless an 11 hits, I did not confirm it.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Why the heck are they dancing around down there like frogs in a frying pan?" Ralf asks, hesitating to climb down the rope just now.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Ooh. I have a good one! Why do you ask questions when you can't hear the answers?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

AoO Longsword attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
AoO Longsword damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As the small shape scurries past, Aerys swings her longsword, hoping to slow the things escape. Once it has disappeared, she nods to Torch, "Impressive accuracy with that sword of yours." her lip rise slightly at the edges. "But now you've broken that doll, we'd best pick its parts up and let Gelik or Ralf look at them. See if they can make oout why an old ancient toy takes such a dislike to you." she laughs.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The doll vanishes into the small tunnel. At least you get 240 xp for the battle.

Inside it there is a large and probably valuable ruby, among the rubbish it is made of. It radiates moderate necromancy, in case you're wondering.

Spellcraft 29:

Spoiler:
It is the soul focus of the doll. It contains a bound soul that gives the doll its motivating force.

There are no exits in your size from the cave, only the small tunnel the doll went into.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar curses under his breath as he sees the creature scuttle away, then he eyes the small tunnel and yells:"Gelik! Come down here! Looks like we've found something for you to do!"

:D


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Maestro Gelikugel Aberwhinge wrote:
Ooh. I have a good one! Why do you ask questions when you can't hear the answers?

Ralf remains oddly silent on the issue.

"Whatever it was, it looks safe enough now." He carefully climbs down the rope (taking 10).


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik cups his hands to his mouth and yells back down at Hrakar. What? Did you need someone to be the most attractive person in the room?

Gelik annoyingly laughs at his own joke, then climbs down the rope. (take 10 for 10)

He looks around, wondering why he's in a pit. Someone bashed the crap out of a really ugly doll...whoa look at that rock!

Gelik can't make the 29 spellcraft check without taking 20 and getting 2 "aid anothers". Ralf has his trance thingy - that should work better. Plus, Gelik would hate to ruin his useless streak.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys' face scrunches up as the two magic users bicker at what's been found. She looks dispairingly at Torch, her heads nodding from side to side, "Really!"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Don't look at me, I just break things apparently," Torch grins back.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys wanders over to Torch, "No, Not you Torch, those two. Do they never give up with their chatter." she says quietly to him. "I hope we haven't brought them into a danger that they can't handle. It's just they .... oh well!" she ends with a sigh.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf looks around. "So...where to now?"

Ralf is out of trances for the day, try again tomorrow.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

There is really only one way to go, unless you want to climb 40 feet up to the bridge, and that's the double doors in the first room.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Once they have all climbed out of the pit and the rope retrieved, Aerys sits and looks at the double doors. "Well, if someone wants to open them, we can continue into this ... deadly hole."


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

If he's going to identify it tomorrow, Ralf should carry the gem. I'll put it in the loot list.

I doubt I'd be strong enough to open those big doors.

Gelik is excited to delve deeper, as long as he's behind someone bigger than himself.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch is more than willing to take the lead, but will begin by searching the double doors for traps - ones left over from the ancient builders, or ones left more recently by Ieana. Taking 20 to search the doors, should give me a result of 30 in trap-finding.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The doors are clear of traps. Behind them you come to a T-intersection, with stairs rising to your left and right. Which way do you prefer?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

At some point Hrakar mumbles a prayer to Torag and sends healing energies towards the others:

Channel Energy:2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

"Seems like you needed it he simply states

Left with 3 surges


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys takes a coin from her pocket, she tosses it in the air and catches it. "Kings....in that case lady luck says we should try right." She looks at others for confirmation

Aerys:
HPs to 31, 1d2 ⇒ 2 Dragon 1 Kings 2


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Let's go to the right," Ralf suggests. "As good a way as any, I reckon."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

After you climb the stairs the corridor turns to the right up another flight of stairs, ending in a room. Bits of bone and fragments of wood lie scattered through it. The walls are carved with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of strange runes interspersed with the periodic image of a stylized rune that looks like a fanged skull.

There are three doors, two doors across the room, one to the left and one to the right. On your right hand is a pair of double doors that must lead out onto the stone bridge.

Knowledge (religion) 25:

Spoiler:
The rune is the symbol of Zura.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch examines the fanged-skull runes a little more closely. "Hmm," he murmurs. "More references to Zura, or have we found some connection to Ydersius or the serpentfolk here?"

Do the non-double doors seem to lead deeper into the cave?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Not really, since you have turned 180 degrees.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I hope someone else has a good sense of direction, 'cause I'm totally lost.

Gelik looks around. Whoever built this place had totally awful aesthetic sensibilities...truly dire.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Guide for the perplexed.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I suggest we go towards z2


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

We're in Z2 already. Torch would prefer to check the doors on this side of the bridge before heading across it.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Thanks for the map, BT. I can see what's going on now.

Gelik agrees with Torch. Explore this side first.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:48/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys stands ready as Torch and Gelik look at the door.

Happy with Torch and Geliks direction.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Bare alcoves line the walls of this hallway, each containing a scattering of wood and cloth fragments. A larger empty chamber lies ahead.

Roll for initiative.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (17) - 6 = 11


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Four human skeletons clad in rags and remnants of chain shirts stumble towards you. Fortunately the passage is so narrow that they have to approach in single file.

Torch is up (and Aerys, if she can beat 17), then the skeletons.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

How far away are they to begin with?

2,051 to 2,100 of 3,271 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.