Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,901 to 1,950 of 3,458 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys takes her short bow and shoots at the beast once more, "Careful, we have this visitor again." But in her excitement she releases the arrow too early, missing and the arrow flies across the rough ground and skidding along the stony mountain.

Shortbow attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Shortbow damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch pulls out his blade and advances on the Devil in a defensive posture. Drawing scimitar while taking a move action to get 30 feet closer, then using total defense for +6 AC.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Seeing Torch separate himself from the group, the monster pounces on him and hits him with tooth and claw for 8 points of damage.

You are up.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik swallows his fear and moves tentatively toward the melee, casting Mage Armor on himself. He remains about ten feet away, looking for an opening for his upcoming assault on the creature.

AC now 17


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

It hit AC 22? Man! :(

Torch grunts as the claw makes contact, but replies with a series of counterstrikes from his blade and cestus. As he fights, he tries to start circling the beast, hoping to provide an opening for Gelik, Hrakar or Aerys as they approach.

5 ft step in preparation for a possible flank next round. Full attack with scimitar and cestus.
Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.
Cestus attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Dropping her bow, Aerys runs towards the beast attacking Torch and attempts to inflict as much damage on it as she can. She yells, "Time for you to stop drinking others blood."

She will try and charge to a place where she can end up flanking with Torch, without provoking an AoO.
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 18 includes +2 for charge.
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf hits the monster with a wave of wracking pain.

wrack: DC 15 Fort save or be sickened for 3 rounds


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

It did hit AC 22 twice, actually.

The monster shrugs off Ralf's magic and turns its fury on Aerys, whose sword bites into its flesh, clawing and biting visiously for 17 points of damage. Gelik takes protective measures and Hrakar delays.

Now it is forced to land, so you can flank it if you like.

You are up.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Seeing Torch opposite her, Aerys takes a position to more easily hurt the now grounded beast. "Help Hrakar, some healing would be useful, whilst I deal with this creature." with her flesh raw from the wound and blood spilled on the ground, she raises her longsword and striking the scaly beast once more, smiling as her blade hits true.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 24 with flanking
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Aerys:
HPs: now 15


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar moves near Aerys and heals her

Converted bane to Cure light wounds...

Cure light wounds:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

With Aerys attacking it from one side, Torch batters it from the other.

Scimitar attack with flank: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 sneak attack.
Cestus attack with flank: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 sneak.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf also sends some (boosted) healing towards Aerys.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik steps up to the creature, hoping it's sufficiently distracted by being hacked to bits by his allies. Presuming the beast is not already dead, he clutches his new wand with his left hand as black energy gathers in his right. He reaches out to touch the beast.

touch attack w/vampiric touch 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
draining damage 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Hurrah! I think I just got +5 temp HP


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The monster roars in pain and frustration and tries to take off, granting Torch an AoO as rushes past him.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch tries to end the Devil for good as it flees.

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

As the healing power washes over Aerys, the wounds close up and the blood ceases to spill. "Thanks you Hrakar and you too Ralf. This time we follow it ... we must remove its threat to our band before it does any more damage to us. " says a determined Aerys. She follows after the creature as it flies off, after picking up her bow.

Aerys:

HPs: 31 (healing Hrakar 11 + Ralf 5)


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Only if it doesn't bring us too far away from our quarry. I couldn't care less about that overgrown lizard, and I bet it won't bother us a third time..."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"You hold out great faith Hrakar, I hold the opposite view. We will be harried and pursued by the beast, until its taken one or more of us as food." say Aerys coldly. "Let us make haste whilst we still can." as she starts to follow the injured flying creature.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Luckily the monster's lair isn't very far off, but you'll still need new initiatives.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (2) - 6 = -4

Ralf quickly springs into action!


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

The dwarf shakes his head:"You are mistaken, this has nothing to do with faith... I know we'll kill it if our paths happen to cross again, and I'm betting it knows it too... but let's not waste anymore words. We'll see what happens and deal with it"

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Right" affirms Aerys.

Iniative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch just shrugs as Aerys rushes off, well aware he has little to criticize others for such behavior.

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik looks at Ralf, an odd expression on his face. As he follows along with the group he comments, I could have sworn the old coot was moving backward!

He decides this might be one of the few appropriate times when he might let out a war whoop, which he does with gusto, shaking his spear in the air menacingly. You can run but you can't hide, you overgrown gecko!

initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You decide to turn the tables on the vicious hunter and go after it. The terrain is somehat daunting. A rocky cleft cuts into the bluff, presenting a hundred-foot drop onto seaweed-covered rocks and tide pools. Several ledges, each connected by rickety-looking rope bridges, lead down into the cleft to the rocky beach below. What appears to be a large nest of driftwood, grass, bits of cloth, and perhaps bones seems to be wedged against the easternmost extent of the cleft.

As you approach the nest and before you have time to react, the chupacabra launches itself at Aerys and hits her for 12 points of damage.

You are up, but you are in single file since the ledge is narrow.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Gelik's turn, right?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Actually, you are all up. The monster's initiative was 23.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Oh... ok, I meant Gelik had the highest Ini and should have acted first of us, I gathered the monster rolled more than him, as he went first... :D

Hrakar sends an acid dart towards the flying monstuosity

Attack roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage roll (if it hits):1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Does the chupacabra have Flyby Attack, or is it still hovering in front of Aerys? And what is our order of march?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

I assume, that if the creature managed to hit Aerys, she is able to have a slash at it.

Aerys, unbalanced on the path by the attack and hurting, is unable to bring any power into her swing and her longsword clatters on the armored body of the beast.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf will heal Aerys again. (boosted)

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

It does have Flyby Attack, but right now it pounced, so it's hovering next to Aerys. I assumed your marching order to be Aerys, Torch, Hrakar, Gelik and Ralf.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik, feeling warlike, casts an offensive spell at the flying lizard.

If he can hit the creature with a color spray without hitting any friendlies, he'll do so (DC 15, 16 if a jungle creature). If he can't avoid collateral damage with the color spray, he'll fire a ray of frost.

frost ray! 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10
frosty damage 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Gelik's magic knocks the creature out of the sky, stunning it for 1 round. Torch is still to go, but then you can take one more round of actions. I guess Torch can step over the stunned monster to set up a flank.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

So we need Torch to act now, right?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch does that very thing, moving past the beast to face it from opposite Aerys. If he can also attack, he does so: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 sneak attack damage.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch gives the beast a hearty stab in the noggin. Since it's still reeling, you can all go again.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys takes the opportunity to strike once more.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 16 includes flanking
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar attacks the stunned chupachabra too.

Attack roll:1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage roll:1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

That finishes off the monster, and while you are so near the top, you might as well loot its nest, where you find several shiny things: 246 sp, 234 gp, 13 pp, a mithral hook designed to be worn on an arm stump,
a fine brass sextant, a magic buckler decorated with a skull and crossbones, and an magic quiver containing 20 normal arrows, nine cold iron arrows, 10 magic arrows, a magic javelin and a masterwork composite longbow (+3 Strength).

Also you get 320 xp each.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf will go into a trance and identify the buckler and the javelin (he won't bother with the arrows for now).

take 10 + trance = 37


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

That's a Buckler +1 and a Javelin of Lightning.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Oooh, I'd happily take that longbow... Would Hrakar make use of the buckler? I would imagine the quiver can be sold when we get to the mainland, since none of us is primarily an archer.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf explains the function of the javelin. "You see, it turns into a lightnin' bolt, but you can only use it once, so be careful."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I think the sextant could be nice for Ralf as he was a sailor, the buckler won't really make that much of a difference for Hrakar, considering the ac bonus is the same as the large wooden shield he employs. He could possibly be interessed in the Hook, for pure monetary reasons.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Well, Aerys already uses a buckler, but she also just picked up the amulet of natural armor, so I was thinking to spread the love around. Maybe she could take the buckler and pass the amulet on to someone else?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys response to item sharing in discussion thread.

Satisfied that the creature has been killed, Aerys turns to Hrakar, "There now its dead, we won't be surpised by it again." she smiles at him. "And we found its veritable treasure trove, not a bad bit of work. Now we can get back to finding that evil serpent woman eh!"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Absolutely," Torch agrees. As he turns to head back down the path from the nest, though, he glances over at Aerys. "You're right - we might have to do that blood ritual to figure out what's going on up on that mountain. This could get unpleasant."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Climbing back down, your goal is easy enough to discern. Four stone monoliths appearing as jagged stalagmites of rock protrude from the grass at the edge of this bluff. A weathered, snakelike rune is carved into the inner face of each of these stones, all facing a three-foot-high pyramid-shaped block of stone at the center of the four surrounding spires. The vegetation and soil surrounding this pyramid has been trimmed back and excavated to expose the strange block fully to view. The peak of the central pyramid has a cup-shaped indentation —channels run down the four sides into empty basins at the base of the pyramid.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Well... I guess we won't need to do any blood ritual things after all... seems like someone did it already and I don't think I need to point you at the perpetrator, right? Let's go down there and settle our business with that lady, people!" so saying Hrakar moves down the slope eager to find Yeana

1,901 to 1,950 of 3,458 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.