Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,458 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry about the map. Hrakar can reach her with a double move but there are too many people in the way for charging. The rest of you are still at the cave entrance. You'd have to back into the passage if you want to get out of the darkness. Map should be accurate now.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar will move near her then (does Darkvision help against Darkness? Can't remember), if someone could cast Light that might be of some help...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Yes, darkvision allows you to see through Darkness (but not Deeper Darkness).
Ralf, unable to see or hear, starts to panic and backs up away from the ghoul-hag.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik committed to hanging with Hrakar as per his post above, so he's sticking with the plan. Didn't anticipate he'd be with the "non-coward" group this time. It's a first.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch's blade flares back to light as it exits the darkness. The rest of you (except Torch and Aerys) are still in the dark, though (but Hrakar can see just fine).

The ghoul-hag slashes at Hrakar with tooth and claw but can't manage to find a weak spot in his armor.

You are up, with map updated to reflect your stated actions.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Presumably, Gelik hears the hag attacking Hrakar, since he's adjacent to the dwarf. He doesn't realize it, but he's screaming at the top of his lungs, filled with fear and adrenaline.

stab the hag! 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Edit: one HP at a time, baby!


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Seeing how his companions retreated from the unnatural darkness and realizing they cannnot see inside it Hrakar withdraws out of it hoping to lure the creature out of the darkness she cast.

Hrakar uses the withdraw action moving to J29 (can you mark the point where the darkness extends to? Thanks)


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

From the map, there is a shaded area, bounded by G29, I27, K27, M31. I assume this is the area of darkness, so Hrakar and Gelik and the Ghoul Lady are not in darkness. Is this a correct interpretation of the map?

I'm away now and will return Monday, bot as required. Aerys will return into action if called but otherwise will wait for the ghoul to appear.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Yeah, if Hrakar and Gelik are not in magical darkness, they might want to say so.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yes, that's correct. Hrakar and Gelik are not in magical darkness, although it might be hard to tell. I guess a Spellcraft check would do the trick.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Spellcraft check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

EDIT: I see now I menaced critical with my previous attack. Would it be possible for me to check to confirm the critical hit? If not, no biggie. Let me know if the result of the spellcraft check is enough to understand he's out of the Darkness zone, otherwise go along with my previously posted action as I believed to be in the Darkness area.

Critical confirmation roll:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage roll (if hits):1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + (3) + (5) = 9


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik has a light spell going on his necklace. As soon as he leaves the magical darkness, it shoould shed the usual illumination. I have defeated the darkness with my Mighty Light!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

OK, I stand corrected. Gelik can see just fine, and then you can make out the extent of the darkness (as shown on the map). Ralf is the only one who's out of it, which works rather well as hogarth is away for now.

As to the rolls, I can't let you keep rolls made out of turn as a general rule, because then I would have to hold you to bad rolls, and that would be boring for all.

Hrakar and Gelik both wound the ghoul-hag slightly. Aerys makes her way through the darkness. Torch is up, then the dead dame.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch follows Aerys. (I assume he winds up at about the same place as a a result.)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As Torch comes out of the darkness next to Aerys, the ghoul-lady raises her skull symbol and channels negative energy, hitting you all for 10 points (Will 14 halves).

Your turn.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Will check:1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13

Hrakar takes 10 points of damage...

Attack roll:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage toll (if it hits):1d8 ⇒ 2


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Torch, at a distance from the ghoul-priestess, manages to avoid the worst of her dark energies, and rushes forward on the attack.

Swift action to activate ranger's focus on the priestess. Move to E26, then two-handed attack with scimitar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11. Down to 7 hp.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Will 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 1 = 11
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

As the waves of negative energy sap Aerys strength, she seems unabl to accurately measure a blow at the evil priestess.

Aerys:

HPs now 15.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Gelik howls in pain, feeling more pain than ever before in his whole life. He loses his composure, releasing a string of loud and vile, though inventive curses against the evil creature. The tirade goes on so long, and is so involved, that it begins to have a fascinating effect on the ghoul-lady.

Fascinate (Ex, 1/day, DC 14): At 3rd level, you gain the ability to use a Perform skill to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with you. This acts as the fascinate bardic perform ability, except the save DC is 10 + 1/2 your sorcerer level + your Charisma bonus, and it lasts 1 round/level. You may use this ability once per day at 3rd level, twice per day at 8th level, three times per day at 13th level, and four times per day at 18th level.

HP Status: 21-5=16


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The dead lady is a bit lacking in the glands department, so she is unaffected by Gelik's performance. Torch manages to land a solid blow though.

She cackles and channels again, for 6 points of damage.

Your turn again.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Once more Aerys feels the force of the negative energy weaken her, but this time she concentrates harder to try and strike the evil creature. She cries out in pain, "Healing I need healing to combat this evil."

Will 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

Spoiler:
HP: 9


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Damn your withered glands, hag! Oww!!

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Not a fan of auto-damage.

If he's in the way of the fighters, Gelik will back out of the fight (5' step). If he's not in the way, he will stab the hag with his spear. stab 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage 1d3 ⇒ 3

HP Status: 21-5=16-3=13


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Will save:1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21

I think the map is not uodated: if possible Hrakar takes a 5 foot step and uses cure light wounds on Aerys

Cure light wounds:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Torch staggers under the witch's supernatural assault, but once again manages to withstand the worst of it. He grunts, ignoring the nosebleed and sudden wounds that have appeared across his body, and replies with his own wave of attacks.

1-handed scimitar attack with ranger's focus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Scimitar damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Crit damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cestus attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Cestus damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

4 hp.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Under your combined assault the hag finally crumbles, collapsing into an inert corpse.

Apart from her torn dress and her unholy symbol all she is wearing is an Amulet of Natural Armor +1 and a Ring of Swimming, as Ralf will tell you once you collect him.

You get 240 xp.

There is actually nowhere more to go - you've explored the entire dungeon.

Take your time figuring what to do and where to go next; I'm out of town for a couple of days. Back Saturday.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

As Aerys takes her longsword, she wipes the undead's rotting flesh from its blade. "Well done everyone, this unholy hag can return to her unholy god and receive her everlasting torment. This island is well rid of her and her consorts above." She looks around at the underground cavern, "I think we must return up top as soon as we've finished our business down here. Tomorrow, we'll get the rest, they are probably wondering what's happened to us. It'll be safer for them here than anywhere else. Is that what we want to do?"

As Torch explains the magical items they found on the undead cleric, Aerys raises her eyebrows, "Such an amulet would certainly help me to protect you all, I would lay claim to it as reward for the sword work I have performed."

Aerys:

HPs: 14
XP: 5928


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Channel Energy:1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (4) = 6

Hrakar consents to Aerys' request with a nod:"Yeah, take the amulet, girly, and if no one else wants it I'll take the ring. And of course, we need to burn the witch's corpse, all her unholy spawns' and the symbol of her twisted faith, before leaving. Then we bring the others to the lighthouse. And then we kill Ieana!"

Question were the witch and the 3 ghouls only worth 1200xp? Did I miss the xp reward for the ghouls?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik is wild-eyed and freaked out. He doesn't say anything for a while, but seems to calm down when Hrakar's positive energy washes over him. He offers a meek and uncharacteristic Thanks.

He basically nods at every suggestion Aerys makes, clearly not entirely with it.

He has no problem with the loot distribution, but when he sees Hrakar about to destroy the holy symbol, he says, Wait! Does anyone know this deity? Knowledge: Religion (untrained)1d20 ⇒ 2

HP: 19 (of 21)


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Knowledge religion:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Hrakar proceeds with the fire:"Yeah, I do. It deserves cleansing by flame, believe me!"

Without knowing who it is I needed to stay generic... but I guess a 17 to be enough to identify the symbol


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You are right, I forgot the xp from the ghouls. 240 xp each for that.

The symbol is a snake skull, and it's the symbol of Ydersius, a half-forgotten demigod worshipped by serpentfolk. One reason he is forgotten is that he was decapitated by the Azlanti hero Savith long ago. His clerics still obviously receive spells though.

I think we can fast-forward a little here. You won't have any trouble dealing with foraging, disease or wandering monsters anyway.

With Ralf's instructions it only takes you a day to restore the lighthouse and then, being fully healed you set out to bring the others back to your new camp. They are happy to see you and even happier that you seem to have found a way off the island.

On your way back something strange happens. Several bolts of lightning arching upwards into the sky appear somewhere near the Red Mountain and a rumbling sound like thunder echoes over the island.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Good to have you back already BT!

As he sees and hears the commotion coming from the Red Mountain Hrakar stares silently in that direction, then he turns towards the other castaways and says:"I think that's our cue. People we'll have to divide our paths once again... there's someone we need to have words with..."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys spits on the floor, "Time to get that she dog that left us here, revenge is getting closer. Let her evil become a thing of the past, no more to torment the weak minded." She nods at Hrakar as she removes her blade and wipes it down with a cloth.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Surkoff grunts. "Well, off with you then and do what you have to do. I'll bring the others to the lighthouse and keep watch for any ships that may pass. Just don't dally too long. And do be careful." He adds the last words with a wistful glance at Aerys before he takes Jask, Ishirou, Sasha and Quij to set up camp at the cannibal village.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik looks on wistfully at Surkoff's group heads off to the camp, and safety. He sighs, shoulders slumping, but sticks with his group. You guys would be lost without me. He tries to deliver his little joke deadpan, but can't manage it - the thought is just too ridiculous.

He doesn't argue as they begin to trudge toward the red mountain, but he does say, So we're just going to assume our demon-snake-lady is the cause of the lightning? He slumps along for a few more moments before adding, Yeah, you're probably right.

Just to be clear. The undead hag woman wasn't Iena, right?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I don't think she was, she wasn't particularly serpentine... that was more like the ghoul brood mother. Ieana probably avoided her while she did whatever she did in teh temple.

Hrakar seems eager to move towards the mountain:"Very well... if everything's ready I suggest we start marching. Justice awaits!"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

If there were any real justice in the world, you'd wash your armpits more regularly.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar's hand goes to his hammer as he takes a step towards Gelik:"Mind your mouth, gnome. Otherwise you could find out how well you can talk with some less theeth in it..."


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik holds up his hands in surrender (he likes all his teeth). Just joking!


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch chuckles at the byplay between Gelik and Hrakar, but all he does is re-settle his pack on his back and stretch his shoulders out before the hike to the mountain. Tallyho!


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf purses his lips. "Looks like someone might be trying out some o' those snakeman blood rituals. If we don't stop them, they might cause us problems before we can get off the island."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Do you think we might have to do the same to catch up with her, I mean go through some sort of ritual? What did it say we had to do down there?..."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

About six hours later than you saw the flash of lightning, you hear the rumbling sound again, but that's about the only memorable event as you make your way towards the Red Mountain.

As you approach, though, an old acquaintance descends upon you again: The Red Mountain Devil. Roll for initiative.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (11) - 6 = 5


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative Roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch and Aerys can have a go at the winged chupacabra as it dives towards you, then it's the monster's turn.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

What kind of range is it at?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik's Tardy Init roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I will just patiently wait my turn, then.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

It's currently 40 feet away.

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,458 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.