Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,801 to 1,850 of 3,445 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf gives Torch a shield of good. Alignment Shield


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik moves forward a few steps (to L 27), then fires another ray at the remaining undead.

ranged touch attack 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20
damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

crit? 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1
damage 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

With joint efforts, you put the last undead to rest , earning 160 xp each.

Looking around the room, you notice that the floor and walls around the door are scorched.

Spellcraft 26:

Spoiler:
This is the result of a Greater glyph of warding (fire) being triggered.

There are a number of empty potion bottles lying around.

Perception 20:

Spoiler:
The potions look very similar to vials you saw the Varisian scholar Ieana carrying once or twice during the Jenivere’s final voyage.

Beyond the door there is a small octagonal room. A low stone altar, its sides carved like coiling snakes and its top carved to resemble a yawning viper’s maw, sits in the center of this room. The walls of the chamber are carved with images of anthropomorphic serpents using strange, pointed megaliths of stone to work great feats of magic - transforming an army of humans into zombies, calling down flaming bolts of lightning from the stars, or parting the waters of the sea to dash human ships upon the exposed rocks of the seabed below. This final image seems to have been recently cleaned of dust, and several lines of text have been made more legible via the application of inks and perhaps blood.

Knowledge (geography) 20:

Spoiler:
The scenes take place here on the Shiv.

Knowledge (history) 20:

Spoiler:
The carvings are ancient indeed, likely contemporary with ancient Azlant.

Knowledge (nature) 25:

Spoiler:
The creatures depicted are ancient serpentfolk.

Numerous Aklo carvings remain on the walls, but only those near the carving of the receding tides are legible.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys is stands guard as her friends study the area, until she having thought it safe enough, she looks at the Aklo carvings.

Aerys has Aklo as a language


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Perception check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Hrakar checks the walls and the room for a time, drawing his conclusion:An heathen temple. Would that we could put it to the flame! It's good we were able to give peace to the captain's remains. I think we should burn his corpse anyway. The less is left of these abominable things. The better."


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf goes into a trance as he looks around.

Using Focused Trance 3 times + take 10:
Know (geography) = 36
Know (history) = 35
Know (nature) = 35

"By gar, these are really ancient carvings indeed. They must date back to the time of Old Azlant. It looks like an ancient race of serpentfolk had an empire here on the Shiv -- that's where these scenes are taking place."

He also uses his Translate charm in order to read Aklo.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aklo:

Spoiler:
To Command the Very Tides to Rise Up and Eschew What Lies Below:
Empower the Four Sentinel Runes with the Blood of a Thinking Creature Tempered by the Kiss of a Serpent’s Tongue.
Anoint the Tide Stone with Waters Brought from the Sea in a Vessel of Purest Metal.
Invoke the Lord’s Sacred Name to Wrap His Coils around the Sea Itself that He Might Lay Bare What Lies Below and Cast Down Your Enemies on the Waves above.

Smaller carvings near the legible inscription depict serpentfolk splashing blood on curved runes carved on upright stones before a red mountain, and then holding venomous snakes against the blood that they might lick the stones, pouring water onto a pyramid-shaped block of red stone from a bowl, and standing before the pyramid of stone with arms upraised and mouths agape as if shouting to the heavens as a bolt of lightning arcs up from the stones into the sky.

Knowledge (geography) 15:

Spoiler:
You recognize the mountain as the Red Mountain, on the island's southeast shore, which you passed earlier.It's in P13


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Torch picks up a couple of the potion vials, then tosses them aside with an oath. "These were Ieana's," he growls. "I remember them from the Jenivere." He looks around at the carvings, then over at Ralf. "An 'ancient race of serpentfolk,' eh? Think that fits the definition of a 'serpentine demon who wore a Varisian's skin'?"


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Then what was she doing here, other than discarding her lackey, the captain?" Aerys wonders aloud, her voice still growling with anger at the remembrance of the treacherous two who shipwrecked them here. "Do you think this ritual is significant?" she bends over and points at the depiction carved into the walls, then slowly moving her fingers over the runic writings, she reads slowly translating. She reads the words from the Aklo spoiler.

"Is this what she sought, a ritual? but where are these stones and the red mountain? and what is all this that lies below the sea?" The woman looks very puzzled, he head leans to her right as she sighs deeply, "I wish I knew the answer?" however after a few moments her eyes brighten and glint in the magical light of Geliks's button. "But if this wasn't what she came here for, she might still be down here? There might be more we can do to exact our revenge?"


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf uses his last trance to figure out where the mountain is. (Know Geog = 35)

"Well, isn't that a fine kettle of fish. Looks like these snake fellas would do some kind o' crazy blood sacrifice at that reddish mountain on the southeast shore. All kinds of queer talk about smashing ships on the ocean floor."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"While it's surely interesting that the varisian strumpet possibly is a snakelike monster but I think we have better to finish checking these caves. She may still be lurking here after all. If she's not we'll make sure to do a through inspection of the mountain depicted in the mosaic"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch nods, but as he leads the way to the next cave entrance (assuming there's nothing else to find in this chamber), he frowns in thought. "It is worth considering - how much is our vengeance worth? I'm certainly not inclined to let Ieana get away with everything she's done, up to and including destroying the mind and life of Captain Kovack, but at the same time, if we have the lighthouse here and we can repair it easily, are we willing to commit to risking our lives out at the mountain instead of just waiting for rescue?" He glances around at the rest of the group. "To be clear: I am willing to make that commitment. But are the rest of you?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar thinks for a moment then answers:"We have a duty to the rest of our people. We finish searching down here, we go back and we bring them to the cannibal's camp. Then we go searching for Ieana. That's a pretty simple plan but it will do. She's not getting away if I can prevent it, but we need to give the others a way to escape this island nontheless"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik is not an educated gnome. He doesn't read the weird language, and he can't decipher the carvings. After listening to the speculation, he adds, What's a serpentfolk, and do I need to add a fear of them to my growing list of things that frighten me? If this were a classic adventure story, Iena would be deep in these caves - a serpentine ghoul-demon with a penchant for explaining her master plan before we end her curse of undeath with maximum violence. Unfortunately, nothing on this island is unfolding in a particularly storybook fashion. I should add that this "all snakes, all the time" motif is really starting to bum me out.

Gelik follows Torch, as is his wont.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"I like you ideas Hrakar, and as for these serpentfolk well, they are just big snakes. Well that and they can obviously write and draw. Apart from that what have we to fear. We have got so far, we can go on further and escape this island, of that I'm sure." says Aerys optimism in her voice, confident of the way ahead. With a flick of her hair she points forward, "Lead on then Torch, if that's your way." She gathers herself together, sword and shield ready, a smile on her face, twinkles in the magical light.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Continuing your explorations clockwise you enter another cave. Faint carvings are just visible on the eastern wall of this cavern.

Aklo:

Spoiler:
"All glory to Great Ydersius.”

There is nothing else of interest in the cave, except a passage leading onwards into another cave, which probably connects with one of the ledges in the pool room. Bones lie strewn about the floor of this cavern. The grisly remains appear to have been gnawed upon so that they are cracked and jagged.

A lacedon, busy trying to find some remnants of marrow in some bones, looks up as you enter.

Roll for initiative.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

1d20 - 6 ⇒ (12) - 6 = 6


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Waiting to see if the Ghoul goes before or after me


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Hrakar and Aerys go first, then the ghoul. It's only about 15 feet away, so you will reach it with a single move. Don't think we'll need a map.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar channels energy in order to hurt the undead monster:

Channel energy:2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys steadily moves forward to strike at the undead before it can gain its footing. She slams her sword down hoping to make a devestaiting blow.
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Hrakar and Aerys destroy the ghoul before it can react. 80 more xp for you.

There is nothing more than a bunch of gnawed bones in the cave. There is one passage to one of the ledges overlooking the pool in the round room and another exit sloping downwards.

Moving on, you enter another cave. A cavern ledge leads down to a small sandy beach in this large cave, the majority of which is taken up by a sloshing pool of seawater.

Unless you want to go swimming to explore the pool, there is only one other exit, a passage that slopes slightly upwards.

This passage also connects to one of the ledges in the pool room, but more importantly it leads to another cave, where three more ghouls await you.

Roll for initiative, and I'll get you a map.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Good work guys! Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (5) - 6 = -1


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"More Lacedons! I'm getting tired of their ugly faces! Let's send them the way their friends went!"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Though they seem to be doing well, Gelik has the sinking feeling that they are pushing toward something very naughty. Possibly their dooooooom!

initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys smiles at cleric's worlds, he surely is one of the bravest clerics she's known, but then he's the first dwarven cleric she'd known.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As you emerge from the narrow tunnel the ghouls bare their teeth and hiss and before you have the time to react they mob Torch and rend him viciously with tooth and claw. He takes 15 points of damage.

You're up, and so is the map.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar tries to signal to Ralf to cure Torch:"Old Man! Take care of McQuarry! We don't want him to die just yet! In the meanwhile I'll try to deal with these rotten fleshbags!"

Channel energy:2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

I should hit all of them according to the map


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys fights her way through the cave, hoping to aid Torch as he is overwhelmed. "See me you damn creatures of death, your time is up!" Squeezing past Torch and using her balance to good effect, she uses her shield and sword to pass the ghouls, fending them off as best she can, before striking at one with her full force.

Move to K,27, AC 21 vs AoO (Mobility)
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10 attack ghoul at J,28
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Anyone wanting to follow into the battle, Aerys may very well have taken all the AoOs, so you should be safe if both ghouls attack her on the way through.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch grunts under the assault, and though he sways, the ghouls only force him back a step or so before he rallies. Torch is still at 11 hp - he's not in danger of dropping quite yet.

Hoping to find some room to maneuver, Torch tries to carve his way through one of the ghouls in front of him to an open space beyond. Full attack on the ghoul in J29. Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7; cestus attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

Ooof. Dice roller is loving us today...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf gives Torch some boosted healing.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I shouldn't have looked at the map. Now I'm confused. First, it looks like there are four Geliks. Probably because he's just that cool. Anyway, I'm guessing I'm the one in J32. Are the black squares walls? I doubt I can get around, but I'm going to try to move into melee and stab something. Whenever he gets into the fight, the following happens:

Stabbing closest baddie 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage with super-spear1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Hrakar catches the monsters in his blast, and Aerys manages to get in place without being hit, deftly interposing her shield.

Then they are all over you. Torch is bitten for 6 points and Aerys for 7 (and needs to make a Fort 13 save).

Then you are up.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys managed to fight off the effect of the bite and tries to plange her sword into the undead's side.

Fortitude 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Dedided to end the undead menace, Hrakar let's out another positive energy blast.

Channel Energy:2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch feels the wash of healing run over him; it helps to bolster him against the relentless assault of the undead. As soon as he sees a chance to retaliate, he takes it.

Scimitar attack (on J29 again): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10; cestus attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

@Torch, If positive energy is being directed at undead, you do not benefit from its healing properties unfortunately. unless I am very much mistaken.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

No, I was referring to Ralf's spell. You're right about the channels.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry guys, you killed them all. Will have to hit you harder the next time. :P

Torch and Aerys cut down their opponents and then Hrakar finishes off the last ghoul. Panting, you hear footsteps approaching.

At the far end of the cave (actually I think only Hrakar is able to see her clearly) there appears another rotting woman in a torn dress, with long ears, bestial teeth and a long tongue that twitches nervously.

She's a ghoul too. I'll get the map up when I get home, but don't drop out of initiative just yet.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The ghoul lady opens with casting Darkness, extinguishing your Light spell and plunging the cave in darkness.

You are up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Mmmmh... can't see her on the map... If Hrakar has seen her can he move into melee with her? If possible he'll charge her, otherwise he'll move up to her and try to attack with his hammer

Attack roll:1d20 ⇒ 20
Damage roll (if it hits):1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I forgot to add the modifiers to hit: +2 for Hrakar, +4 if allowed to charge


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik can't see a thing, so he can't target any of his spells. He decides to stick close to Hrakar, the man giving out positive energy waves. He does so with his move action, delaying his standard action until he gets jumped by anything slimy with a long tongue - in which case he stabs:

spear 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Suddenly plunged into darkness, Aerys panics shouting "Where's she gone? Let's get out of here until we can find a way to see!" her eyes strain through the darkness, seeing nothing. With her mind racing in fear, she stays put listening for sounds that might aid her but she can't make sense of what she hears, so she feels her way along the cave wall back out of the cave.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Move 10ft towards the entrance if possible


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch adds his voice to Aerys': "Agreed! Fall back! Fall back!"

Also moving as far back toward the entrance as possible. My sword still has light on it as far as I know - it's a half hour duration - so I should be able to see as soon as I get beyond the darkness' area of effect.

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,445 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.