Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,458 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I'm willing to wait, although I am a little worried about what the other guys might do in the meantime...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

I agree; let's not move all the way back, if possible.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik would prefer a second attack immediately, while the warriors of the village might still be a bit confused about what's going on. However, he doesn't feel that they should attack unless everyone is in agreement, which we clearly aren't. We absolutely need to put some space between our camp and the village though - otherwise they'll be able to hunt us down and surround us. It's early in the day, so they have all day's worth of daylight to hunt for us. Gelik defers to Torch's judgement on this, but he's nervous and skittish all day.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys needing more healing says, "Should anyone have anything to help my injured body, then please me. I'll need to be totally refreshed tomorrow if we go into battle again." She readily agrees to a plan that will reduce the number of cannibals on the island.

Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 to find a good safe spot to camp.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf scrapes up another healing charm for Aerys.

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Many thanks, Ralf a good nights rest and I'll be right as rain to take on those aggressive natives." she says smiling at Ralf.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

All in favor of making camp up north then? When we're rested we can attack again


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

OK


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

OK, for once you make your camp and manage to spend the night undisturbed. Feel free to refresh your spells and devise a strategy for your next assault.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

What square are we in? Anyway I changed my spells to Magic stones(domain), Bless, Bane and Protection from Evil stays. As for what to do I suggest we move near the place where the undead are kept, a couple of channels should get rid of them. Then we attack (I'll cast protective magic on the group). What do you say?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Agreed. We should take out the undead first, but I'm useless against undead. I'll make a diversion with my Ghost Sound spell and illusions while you guys take out the undead. I'll also cast Mage Armor as we get to within 5 minutes walk from the village. I will stay in the middle of the group, of course, to protect my tender hide.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch has a new scimitar and something to prove, so he'll be in the vanguard. But he will remind the group as they plan that the existence of "tame" undead suggests a spellcaster - most likely an evil priest, but maybe a necromancer of some kind - in the village as well; "That's the only real unknown left," he notes, "so let's try to keep it from biting us in the ass."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Gelik, your mage armor might be more helpful to some of us fighters, because if we can have the armor cast on us for some time, we can leave our own armor here and move more quietly through the undergrowth, thereby making it easier for us to surprise and move around. So how long does your magic armor work for?" says aerys considering the options available.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I assumed that you were going back to your last camp (or somewhere near) but it doesn't really matter, since you are free to approach and cast your buffs as you draw near. I'd like to know how you will tackle the village, though.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Do you think we should knock, next time? Maybe there will me a more polite answer if we knock..." Hrakar ends the jest with a raucus laugh.
"In all seriousness, I suggest we approach near those skeletrons this time... I might have something that will give them peace. Then we may actually try to draw some more of them out. Or even break in..."

I suggested we went making camp up north, P2/P2/P4 or O2/O3/O4 any of these squares will do imo. As for the plan, we aproach the palisade near where the skeletrons are kept, I unleash a couple of channels to quiet them and then we try to draw some more of them out to kill them. That's how I would do things anyway


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

We can attempt to scale the palisade and drop down into the clearing between the undead pen and the house, which looks to be screened from the rest of the camp by the trees. We won't have a good retreat line if things go bad, but at the same time, we shouldn't have to worry about being seen by anyone except the skeletons - who won't be able to say anything, they'll just bang on their shields again I'm guessing - and possibly anyone who might be in the cabin. It's not perfect, but it's better than risking a confrontation with the whole camp at once, and if we can drop the skellies quickly, we can move into the house and maybe use it to regroup and maybe recon the village before we make our next move...


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Perhaps we should make sure the little hut is safe from nasties first, so if things go wrong, we could hole up there. But happy to follow with whatever the rest of you decide.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Fair enough. Can we get to a spot at the palisade directly south of the hut?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You can get there all right, but I'll want Stealth and Perception rolls from Torch, assuming he is scouting ahead.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik has 4 1st lvl spells left after casting Mage Armor on himself. I'd like to keep at least one slot open for a color spray, so I can cast Mage Armor on up to 3 others. Raise your hand if you'd like a +4 armor bonus to AC for 2 hours.

Gelik hangs back a bit from Torch as he moves ahead. If anyone in our group is spotted, the maestro is prepared to cast his Ghost Sound to make footfalls and similar moving noises to sound like another group of intruders 30' off to our south.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch doesn't have an armor check penalty as it is, and would rather save the spell slot for something more important.

Torch once again takes point, hoping this time to have a bit more success at keeping a low profile as he approaches the cannibal camp.

Here goes... Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14, Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 (+1 vs traps).

... it's like it knows...


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

In my opinion you should keep those spell slots, just cast MA on our main tanks and use the rest for color sprays, if the enemy comes grouped it's extremelt effective. As for me just stay near at the beginning of the fight so I can cast Bless on everyone, then I'll use Bane on the enemy and we'll see what happens from there


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The first thing Torch notices is that the skeletons are out of the pen. They seem to be posted around the hut. There is no indication that they have seen you yet though (I'm assuming you keep your distance for now).


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf eagerly waits for the "go" sign.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Gelik, to be honest I can wear my armor and would still get a benefit from your spell, but you might be better off saving the spell for a different purpose." says Aerys smiling. "So I guess its time to wait for Torch's report back first."

There's no difference in Aerys skills as her armor is masterwork and has 0 Armor Check penalties.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch does retreat and report back. "So there's someone in the hut, someone who can control those skeletons," he reasons. "We're going to have to deal with that someone eventually - we either try a completely different tack and hope to work through the rest of the camp before dealing with them (and we're probably talking days for that to work) or we dive straight in and see if we can cut the head off the snake. My thinking is this: most tribal cultures have a military and a spiritual leader. We already took out one, I'd bet," Torch says, tapping the hilt of his new scimitar, "and if we can take out the other..."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"My idea is this, I get near the undead, I ask Torag to smite them, we deal with the cannibals... so if it's all right with you lead me to where these skeletrons are"

Once I get near I'll deal with them, than we can deal with the cannibals


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik sticks with Hrakar.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Roll for initiative then, and I'll see about getting a map up.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

1d20 - 6 ⇒ (14) - 6 = 8


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The skeletons storm you as you approach, clanging on their shields as they go. Torch is hit for 2 points of damge.

Then you are up, and so is the map. Green is difficult terrain. Brown is the door to the hut.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys tries to hit the skeleton in front of her, (assuming its still there by the time its her turn).
Longsword power attack against (O,25) 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 = 17
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch puts his new blade to work as well. I'll also hit O25 unless Aerys' shot took it down, in which case it will be P25 I'm hitting instead. Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I can't see anything with all you big people in the way! Gelik scuttles laterally, trying to get a clear line of sight at one of the enemies. (He moves to S25.)

Gelik will fire his ray of frost at the appoaching skeleton at O23. touch attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage 1d3 ⇒ 2 yup


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf takes a swing at the skeleton next to him.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d6 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar scoffs at the skeletal creatures:

Channel Energy (harm undeads):1d6 ⇒ 5

They should all be in range


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Although their weapons are not very effective againt their bony foes, Aerys and Torch manage to cut down one of the skeletons, while Hrakar releases some energy that harms the skeletons, but none of them falls.

The skeletons fight back and Torch is hit for another point. You hear a fearful ruckus from inside the camp. Reinforcements are coming.

And you are up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

A look of frustration passes briefly on hrakar's face:"Die and stay dead, abominations! This I command you by the power of Torag, the worldmaker!"

Channel energy (to harm undeads)1d6 ⇒ 6


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik casts Ghost Sound as far to the west of their location as possible. The sound will be of a large group of men tromping through the jungle.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The skeletons crumble and die and stay dead. Aerys, Torch and Ralf to go. Two cannibals are approaching as per the map.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch advances to Q22 and makes a "come and get me" gesture with his left hand as he does so. Readying an attack for the first one to get into range. Readied attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry, still in Amsterdam and my connection is much worse than I expected. Will resume posting by Saturday.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf follows Torch forward a bit and readies an action to hit the cannibals with a wave of pain.

Burst version of Wrack; Fort DC 15 or be sickened for 2 rounds


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar invokes the benediction of Torag on his companions so he guides their hand in battle and helps their weapons strike true.

Hrakar casts Bless.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys joins Torch ahead, protecting her friends, her longsword and buckler ready to do battle.

Moves to R,23


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Apologies for the delays. Been a really rough week.

The cannibals are hit hard by Ralf's magic. That does not stop them from assaulting Torch and Aerys but it does stop them from hitting. Behind them a large and angry Shiv dragon trailing some sort of leash appears.

To your left two more cannibals appear behind the corner of the house.

Hrakar casts Bless, so the rest of you are up.

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,458 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.