Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,458 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Black Tom wrote:

The cannibals advance. Aerys and Ralf both take a vicious blow to the side of your throat. Ralf is hit for 9 points and Aerys for 8. Their leader is incensed at the little gnome standing up to him and even snaps at him with his jaws as he slashes him for 5 points of damage.

Hrakar, you are out of turn. Map is updated.

Now you are up, all of you.

Just checking: that damage to Aerys and Gelik includes the -2 to damage from being sickened, if appropriate?

Ralf panics and retreats to S10, stumbling through the heavy underbrush.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch shakes his head, then murmurs a prayer to Cayden Cailean as he attacks with his scimitar. Fighting defensively as I attack the leader: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7. Then I move to N15. My AC against the AoOs that provokes will be 18, and they're sickened... so maybe this won't get me killed. Also, Hrakar, my current hp is 12.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Well, on the bright side, all the AoO miss and Aerys cuts down the non-sickened cannibal. Torch manages to stab the chief and Hrakar does some damage to the one chasing Ralf.

Gelik to go.

Yes, I applied the sickened penalty to damage. The chief hits hard and the other two attacks were crits.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I'm going to go ahead and use a Hero point before this gets much more dire. I'm having trouble finding the message where you described what we can use them for, so I'll just say that I'd really like to be able to use my wand of mirror image without drawing an AoO. Alternatively, use the Hero Point to take a 5' step directly back away from the leader without drawing an AoO, and then use the wand. Either works for me.

Gelik yells up at the leader's enraged face. Suck it, ginger-boy!

AC: 17 with Mage Armor
HP: 9/14


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Let's try to get rid of the lesser cannibals before we deal with the chief! What's the action sequence btw?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

It's kind of hard to ignore the chap when he's literally trying to bite my head off. If we don't take out the leader soon. He will certainly murder Gelik.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys tends to want to get rid of the leader first, as she thinks once the leader hits the dust, the others will run....but will try and remove any that threaten her first.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The rules for hero points are in my profile, but you usually need to spend a bunch of them to do anything interesting. A single hero point will grant you a +2 on a D20 roll (stackable to +10). Fortunately the brute slashed at Torch and doesn't have Combat Reflexes so Gelik is safe.

Gelik retreats and conjures a number of copies of himself. Then the cannibals press their attack, one going after Hrakar as Ralf runs away. You easily parry their clumsy blows though, except for the leader, who manages to hit Aerys with his scimitar and then bite her as she reels from the blow for a total of 19 points of damage (11+8).

Then you are up again.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

That's gonna drop Aerys, so MEDIC!

Torch, seeing Aerys fall, gives a shout of rage and puts everything he has into his next swing, hoping to finish the leader once and for all. Scimitar attack, fighting normally: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13. Since a 13 hit him last time, I'm assuming that does as well. I'm going to spend 2 hero points to max out my damage roll, so the leader takes 12.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf sends a beam of healing energy towards Aerys.

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys falls to the floor blood streaming from the bite, her raw flesh exposed and ripped. A surge of energy washes over her, and the wounds stop bleeding.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar attacks the cannibal who just tried to hit him, determined to go down fighting:

Attack roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage roll:1d8 ⇒ 2

EDIT: Adding critical confirmation roll

Critical confirmation roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
If confirmed damage x3:1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (6) + (3) + (5) = 14


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Thanks, BT, I found the Hero Point info in your profile.

Also, dammit! I'm threatened again. All my good juju draws AoOs. Oh well, this will teach me to get the hell out of melee and stay out.

Seeing a new opponent looming, Gelik frowns and curses. He lets out his best war-cry, which is surprisingly effective, and stabs at the savage fighting Hrakar (in R15).

attack w/masterwork spear 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
[ooc]damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Mirror Images: 4 (3 charges left on wand)
AC: 17
HP: 9/14


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Hrakar hits his opponent squarely in the forehead, sending him sprawling. Torch gives the chief a resounding stab, but he's still standing, although he's bleeding from several wounds.

The remaining cannibal moves to avenge his fallen comrade, as the last one takes another ineffectual swing at Torch. The chief for his part is acting strangely. He sheathes his scimitar and bends over Aerys, putting his hand to the bleeding wound and licking the blood.

This also provokes an AoO from Torch.

You are up again.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7.

Torch shudders at the cannibal's actions, striking out in horror, then again in anger. Actual attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

In Aerys unconscious state her mind flashes images, terrible unnatural images, culmunating in a gigantic vampiric snake, its tongue flickering out and sipping her blood as it drips on the floor from a thousand cuts on her body. The image fades and she lies motionless on the floor.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf sends more healing towards Aerys.

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

We can't spend hero points after a roll, right?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar moves near Aerys swinging his hammer to the other cannibal near her and shouting:"One down, dogs! prepare to go back to whatever hell spawned your inbred carcasses!

Hrakar takes a 5 step move to R13 and attacks the sickened cannibal in Q13

Attack roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Damage roll:1d8 ⇒ 2

Edit: was that the one I wounded with acid dart?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Resigned to his lot as a melee warrior, Gelik takes to it with gusto. He whirls round, stabbing viciously at his opponent (Q13).

attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage1d6 ⇒ 5

Edit: My last 4 attack rolls have been: 5, 7, 3, and 6.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch manages to cut down the cannibal chieftain, so he swings around and hits the other cannibal too. Hrakar deals the other cannibal a blow with his hammer. Aerys wakes up but is still prone.

Wounded and wracked with pain and seeing their leader fall, the cannibals call it a day and retreat, withdrawing from combat.

Your turn.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys groans on the floor, her body still bruised and battered. "I can't go on like this, I'm not use in a fight, can someone help me recover?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Once the cannibals are out of the way Hrakar sends a wave of positive energy towards his companions and urges:"Ok... better to retreat before they come back with reinforcements!"

Channel energy:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Thanks Hrakar, but I'm still feeling very stiff and injured, if you could manage some more healing, I won't slow down any retreat so much." say a still visibly weak Aerys.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Let's grab the chief's body and then skedaddle!" Ralf suggests.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch nods agreement, hefting the corpse and preparing to head for the trees.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibals don't seem to be pursuing you, so you can rest wherever you find convenient.

The interesting stuff the chief is carrying is a magical scimitar and a red pearl amulet.

Well, you get 320 xp for routing the cannibals. Now the question is basically whether you want to go back to camp or just find a place to rest and have another go at them the next day or so. Anyway, I'm going on vacation for a week, so I think this may be a good place to pause. I'll be back next Sunday.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf uses his Focused Trance and Sense Magic charm to identify the objects.

1d20 + 26 ⇒ (18) + 26 = 44

1d20 + 26 ⇒ (6) + 26 = 32


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Wow, that's impressive.

That is a scimitar +1 and a nonmagical amulet worth 500 gp.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

The +20 bonus from Focused Trance is kind of ridiculous.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Want more healing lassie? No problem... here you go!", that said the priest of Torag channels positive energy again, healing his companions

Channel energy:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik is clearly stunned by how quickly the combat is resolved. Once again, he managed to have absolutely no impact, except for the impact of enemy weapons upon his tender fey-like flesh. His comrades swirl around him, doing useful things, as his mirror images fade away.

"Why are we carrying that dead guy with us?" He looks at Torch questioningly, not really expecting a cogent answer. He was starting to wonder whether he really understood humans at all. "Are you going to eat him?"

Gelik settles into a stunned silence, going along with whatever the group does.

He is healed up.

I'm on vacation! I'll be back 11 July. Feel free to run Gelik as you see fit.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"This magic scimitar should be good for one of ye, I reckon," Ralf suggests.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch exchanges a glance with Aerys, then looks at his ordinary scimitar. Yeah, I'd really like that weapon...


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar raises an eyebrow and takes a creepy tone answering Gelik:"Why isn't it clear? We're going to eat him!, then he grins widely in a sinister way to the gnome


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch sighs, then says, "No, we're not going to eat him. But we didn't really have time to stop and search him there, and we need to know if he's got anything we can use - not just his weapons, but anything that might give us more information about what we're dealing with inside that camp."

Perhaps not surprisingly, Torch would prefer to make another sally, either as soon as we're healed up or tomorrow if the casters want a chance to recover.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

After Aerys is given a little more healing, she searches the bodies of the dead foe, before rushing after the rest of the party carting off the red-haired leader.

Apologies if it seems retcon, but I wanted to post after Aerys found out if she was to get any more healing.
Perception searching the bodies 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
If a scimitar is Torch's weapon of choice then it's yours.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik has no use for the scimitar. The necklace, on the other hand, is right up his alley. He's willing to buy it from the group treasure, of course.

Gelik stares at Hrakar for a long moment, then shakes his head and walks away muttering. I think that might have actually been an attempt at humor. Could it be?

Whoa! Shiny! Gelik is enamored of the chief's necklace. Lemme see, lemme see! He puts the necklace around his neck, trying it on for size. I'll carry the necklace here, around my neck. That way it won't get lost!

Gelik is unharmed and only used one spell, so he's ready for another foray. I'd suggest I use ghost sound as a distraction on the far side of the village. Maybe it will draw off their warriors and allow us into the village proper. Take out the noise-making skeletons.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch tests the balance of the scimitar, then replaces the one on his hip with the trophy of war. Thanks guys!


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Channel energy:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Hrakar channels positive energy again to heal the others some more. After that he gives a laugh at Gelik and Torch responses:"Really? I soo much wanted a leg! And I wonder how gnome tastes..." then the dwarf chuckles some more.

Tell me what's your hp situation after this last heal. I still have 3 channel energy and some spells (not much useful btw), we may try to attack again, but I won't be able to keep the healing going that well I fear


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I'm back to full. I think Aerys is the only one who even might still be injured. And since the next big fight we're going to have is probably against some undead, don't underestimate those channels...


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys deep cuts bind together leaving scabs, scars and bruising. He movements are a little stiff and she doesn't move as easily as she does normally. "Hrakar, your healing powers are indeed great and appreciated, but I am still injured should your god look on you kindly once more."

Aerys is down 9HPs, so if you have a CLW then it should do the trick.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I don't keep CLW because I can convert all but the domain spells to cure spells. I'd convert Shield of faith, but the difference between channel and CLW is not so great I think basically nothing will change, so I'll use another channel. I'll be down to 2 channels left then, so I suggest we rest and we attack later

Channel energy:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Hrakar heals everyone one more time, he then shakes his head:"Better to prepare and see what happens before we attack again. And good idea taking this bugger's body, no one will try to rise him from the dead this way!"


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Why is Hrakar doing 1d6+1 with his channels, instead of 1d6?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Channeling is far more powerful than CLW, as it can cure multiple people, so the max a channel can do for our group is 5x1d6 = 30HPs of healing a bit each on each member of the party, whereas a CLW at 2nd level is 1d8+2 10HPs of healing on one character... so channels are better kept for multiple person heals, whilst the spells for single person heals. That's the big difference. Its up to you how you want your character to use channel and cure spells though. These are just some thoughts.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Cause I mixed it up with CLW. Should only be 1d6, next level it will be 2d6, sorry people, take away all those +1 hp I gave you! As for channels yeah, unfortunately CLW spells eat my other spells, therefore me using channels to heal, but yes, you are generally right about channels


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf uses a healing charm on Aerys as well, if she's still hurt.

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Thanks Ralf, every little bit helps." as she feels his energy permeate her body.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I take it you're going back to the camp then?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

For me at least, nope. Just camp somewhere near here (a few squares away to be sure), set camp (with guard turns) and rest, I need to change my spells and then we can attack again. I suggest we hide in the area between P2/P2/P4 or O2/O3/O4 didtant enough to make it difficult for them to pursue but also not so didtant from their village

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,458 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.