Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,501 to 1,550 of 3,458 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Remarkable. I didn't think even we could be spotted the moment we laid eyes on the palisade of the camp... Never listen, damn you!"

Hrakar signales to the others to retreat slowly, while coursing under his breath.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys sets herself down in the undergrowth, her bow ready to punish the foolhardy natives of the island.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Not sure what to do, Gelik hides behind a tree or large bush.

Hide! 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry about the delay, but the fence is a DC 10 Climb. The same goes for climbing a tree. The jungle goes almost up to the village, which is why Torch had to get quite close to see anything at all.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf looks around. "Looks and sounds like it's abandoned. Maybe we should head back," he hazards incorrectly.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Is the sound actually one of pursuit or approaching attackers? Or is it something else?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys starts to climb a tree, hoping to be able to see into the fenced area.

Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 if you need 2 checks.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Question: are there any enemies coming out of the palisade? And, if so, can we get a map?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The noise doesn't seem very purposeful so far. And so far no enemies are coming out. On the other hand, I'm not quite sure what you are doing, so only a few moments of the ruckus have passed so far.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch attempts to climb a nearby tree to see into the compound. If possible, I would like to take 10. If I can't, here's my roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Rogar retreats near Gelik and tries to hide:

Stealth check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

"You just ruined my hidey spot," Gelik hisses.

Gelik maintains his position, about 5o yards back from Torch, waiting to see what happens.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch climbs a tree and sees four human skeletons banging on their shields and acting excited. Beyond the compound the cannibals seem to be getting busy too, but they don't seem to be much more purposeful.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Where are the skeletons? What can I see about the compound overall - major structures, rough numbers, any of that?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys waves to Torch from her vantage point in a nearby tree.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Here's a map of the cannibal camp to give you an idea of its layout. The skeletons are in the pen marked V9. There are only six or eight cannibals visible, milling about and brandishing rusty scimitars.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Is the lighthouse the round structure in the upper left?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

The cannibals are not coming out, right? Maybe we can try to lure some of them out so we divide their strength?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yes, that is the lighthouse. And the cannibals might well be coming out. I'm just giving you time to not split the party as you are doing currently.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I don't think we are splitting the party, we are all reasonably close. That said I don't think fighting a whole village of cannibals AND skeletrons (and whoever might have summoned them) to be such a great idea, but that's up to the rest of the party of course


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

I think Hrakar is right ... taking on the whole village is certain death...

Don't want to let the undead out, keep them in their pen...

Perhaps we should retreat now and set up an ambush down the road. If anyone can lay a few traps that would help too....


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch drops out of his tree and makes his way quickly back toward where Hrakar and Gelik are waiting, gesturing for Aerys to do the same as he does. "They know someone's out here," he says without preamble, "and a handful seem to be making ready. Can't tell if they're waiting to see if someone enters or are planning to come out, though. If we hurry, we can probably get into ambush spots around the front gate if they're going to head out. There're four human skeletons in a pen, so they've got a priest or a wizard of some kind somewhere; they're the ones making the racket." He pauses, then adds: "I also think I see a way into the compound that isn't visible from the rest of the camp, if we can all make it over the wall. We'd have to deal with the skeletons, but I don't think anyone else would be able to see us right away."


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf can't understand a word that Torch is saying, but he looks uneasy. "I don't suppose there's only one or two of 'em behind that wall, is there?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You reassemble and have just begun to consider your options when the cannibals come charging (not literally, since the forest makes for difficult terrain). There are five of them, including their fierce flame-haired leader.

Roll for initiative (and indicate where you'd like to be relative the others) and I'll try to get you a map.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Guess they saw us... At least there's just a few of them. It's kill or be eaten people! So... let's kill them!"

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch was likely standing closer to the compound (having just come from that direction) than most of the rest of the group, Aerys excepted. Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20.

"...That works too," Torch says dryly as he turns to face the oncoming attackers.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (18) - 6 = 12


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Sorry I was out of touch there for a few days. Would Gelik be able to cast Mage Armor when he started hearing the racket the skeletons are making? i.e. - before the initiative

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Seeing the red haired leader, Aerys moves towards him to defend her friends from the worst, hoping that in taking out the leader the other's will would crumble and flee.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Gelik casts Mage Armor as the cannibals approach.

Torch and Gelik to go, then the cannibals. Battle map updated. Not that since you are in the middle of the jungle, it's all difficult terrain.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch grabs his bow and lets fly an arrow at the leader, aiming for a vital spot. Move action to draw the bow, swift action to activate ranger's focus on the leader, standard action to attack - the leader is within 30 feet, so it's a sneak attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 sneak attack.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar moves near torch (making sure not to allow for attacks from the cannibals) and casts Protection from evil on him


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik steps up beside Aerys (P12) in order to get a clear line of sight. He holds his standard action until at least two, preferably three, of the cannibals get in range (15' cone), then casts his most potent spell, Color Spray (DC 15). The vivid, clashing colors leap from his fingers, and he giggles like an idiot.

We've got to take these chumps down quick and get the flock out of here.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I might agree, but it depends on how fast and hard we can take these guys down. If they drop quick it might be worth pushing on...


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

We'll see when BT acts next ....


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

With the exception of the leader the cannibals are unable to close in one round, so they throw their javelins at you, hitting Torch for 8 points of damage. Gelik narrowly avoids getting slashed by the red-haired barbarian, whose preternatural reflexes save him from taking an arrow to the throat. Still a solid hit to the shoulder though.

Unfortunately the savages all resist Gelik's magic (three are in the area when it goes off).

And you are all up.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf hits as many as possible with a Lengthy Wracking Burst.

10' radius burst (within 30'), Fort DC 15 or be sickened for 4 rounds


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Well that was a kick in the balls. Assuming that the savage attacking Gelik is threatened by Torch (since Torch is in the square adjacent to Gelik), he will try to take a 5' step back and either lure the savage into an AoO or, preferably, he'll change opponents to Torch. Gelik will not last long in melee.

Gelik scuttles backward away from the red-haired savage, his face a mask of fear. "Is nothing on this island susceptible to my magics? They must be some sort of fiends!"

He draws his wand and triggers it, producing 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 copied images of himself.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch grunts in pain as the javelin finds its mark, and Hrakar's protective magic does little to soothe the wound. He drops his now-useless bow, draws his scimitar and slashes at the leader. Free action to drop the bow, move to draw the scimitar, free action to 5-foot-step to O15, standard to attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9. Aerys can also 5-ft-step to O13 to set up the flank on the leader... here's hoping he's not 5th level. :P


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Don' forget that you are in difficult terrain, so no 5' steps.

Hrakar casts his spell on Torch and Ralf brings the pain to your foes.

Those with and asterisk are sickened. I'll see if Gelik and Torch will want to amend their actions and then there is Aerys to go.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys strikes at the redhaired cannibal with all her force.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 22
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Crit confirm Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 1 = 12
Crit confirm Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Not gonna risk the AoO, so no 5 ft step for me.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Ooops. Forgot it was difficult terrain. Everything should still work as written, though. Gelik can draw his wand for free during his move action, which he will take to back directly out of combat, eventually ending up in Q13. Then the standard action will be triggering the wand.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The thing is that you will draw an AoO if you do that. If you withdraw, that's a full round action.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I think I've been misunderstanding the AoO rules up to this point. I thought you only drew an AoO when moving between one thratened square and another threatened square, not when moving into or out of a threatened square. Otherwise, wouldn't you draw an AoO every time you stepped into combat? I'm not trying to be argumentative; I'd like to understand how this works so I don't have to continue to ask questions for every permutation.

disregard previous post; this is the true action:

Gelik cringes as the red-haired savage approaches, his face a mask of fear. "Is nothing on this island susceptible to my magics? They must be some sort of fiends!" Quickly running through several options, all of them lousy, he makes up his mind with a grimace of determination.

attack with spear1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
damage 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar moves to R12 and sends a bolt of acid owards the sickened cannibal in N12 (it's a ranged touch attack)

Attack roll:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

You only provoke an AoO when moving out of a threatened square, not into one. So you don't provoke an AoO when moving into combat unless you are closing with a foe who's got reach.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibals advance. Aerys and Ralf both take a vicious blow to the side of your throat. Ralf is hit for 9 points and Aerys for 8. Their leader is incensed at the little gnome standing up to him and even snaps at him with his jaws as he slashes him for 5 points of damage.

Hrakar, you are out of turn. Map is updated.

Now you are up, all of you.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys incensed by the damage she has taken, uses all her power to drive home an attack with her longsword. "Someone get behind their leader to make him easier to hit."

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 22
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 = 14
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Can you keep my actions from my previous post or do I have to reroll? By the way, can everyone show their current hps? I've to decide how and who to help if it's needed, but Keep in mind I don't have selective channeling

1,501 to 1,550 of 3,458 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.