Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,401 to 1,450 of 3,266 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Gelik and Hrakar only scratch the spider, but Aerys lands a solid blow. The spider turns its attention to her and makes a clumsy lunge which she easily dodges. Ralf starts to feel slightly better.

You are up again.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

I assume I have to make another Fort save.

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar takes another swing at the creature:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 3


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch also makes another attempt to attack the spider, shifting to flank it with Aerys. Delaying if necessary, I assume that a flank is possible. Under that assumption: attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 sneak attack.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik takes another stab.

stab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf heals himself again.

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 1 = 6
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

Aerys, watches the spider's bite miss her leg as she sidesteps away, but overbalances and misses with her next powerful swing.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As Aerys almost topples, the spider bites her in the throat for 5 points of damage (and a Fort save). Meanwhile, Ralf has managed to shrug off the poison.

You are all up.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Fortitude 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Aerys pushes the spiders mouth away from her throat as she instinctively uses her shield to protect her. It saves her from the full dose of venom that the spider attempts to inject into her raw flesh.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik continues with the distateful extermination job.

stabbity-stab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
puncturing damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Still hoping to catch the spider off-guard to some effect, Torch tries again to slash at a sensitive spot. Trying the flanking thing again (remember you've got the +2 as well, Aerys!): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 sneak.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf tries to fend off any attacks with his stick.

take total defense


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Gelik and Torch finish the spider, leaving you free to continue on your merry way.

You also get 80 xp each.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Bloody..." Torch mutters, looking around. "How bad is everyone? Do we need to find a camp to deal with poison or healing?"


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys is about to slash another telling blow at the black arachnid, when it flops dead on the ground and she hears Torch inquiring about everyone's health. "Well Torch, its a bit more than a scratch, but I'll live. A little healing wouldn't go amiss. I'm more concerned about Ralf, he was the spider's favorite for a while. How you doing Ralf?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar scoffs:"I'm fine, the old man... not so much. still dead dead set on this suicidal course, are you?"

Channel Energy:1d6 ⇒ 1

Channel Energy:1d6 ⇒ 2

Channel Energy:1d6 ⇒ 2

Ok... sorry people but I don't want to use all of those yet, hopefully 5 hp can help a bit


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf doesn't look too bad after his self-healing, just a little feebler (if possible). He smiles at Hrakar and says: "Thank you kindly, sir! I feel fit as a fiddle and ready to lick my weight in savages now."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar raises both eyebrows at Ralf's speech and waves away:"It was nothing, old man. Don't try to overdo it"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik tries to flick the spider guts from his spear tip, still grimacing. He gives it up after a while, and sighs in defeat.

"Fit as a fiddle, and ready to move out!" Gelik proclaims sharply.

He falls into the marching order as soon as the group begins moving again.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Much appreciated Hrakar" says a grateful Aerys. She wonders at the size of the spider and looks to her friends, "Onward then?"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch ignores Hrakar's gibe and takes the lead once again as the group begins heading down the path once more.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys speaks with Hrakar, "Torch is quite keen on getting to the village, lets hope the path takes us there."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Well, you know... dice... Torch... catfight!

As you proceed down the trail, Torch is suddenly once again yanked off his feet and skewered on a pair of sharpened stakes concealed in the trees for 9 points of damage.

And that's with the +2 circumstance bonus. 80 xp to you. This takes place in Q7.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

...


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar looks at Torch, dangling on one feet in the air and shakes his head:"Convinced yet?. When Torch is lowered down Hrakar grudgingly touches him mormuring a prayer to Torag:

cure light wounds:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"That we need to get off this island? More than ever," Torch counters. "And... thank you." He touches the still-tender wound. "But the only way we get out of here is by moving forward, and I'm not going to let this place do any more damage to us than it already has." It seems clear he is not talking about the injury in his side.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar laughs at Torch's retort:"Being stubborn, are we? Very well.. lead the way, intrepid leader"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

If you're going to press on, I'm going to want more Perception checks.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

It takes every ounce of willpower Gelik possesses to keep from bursting out in laughter when Torch is once again skewered.

"What's the opposite of ironic?" Gelik muses as Torch is healed. He doesn't come up with anything appropriate and eventually gives up.

He continues to keep his place toward the middle of the group as they start forward once again, wondering exactly what they plan to do when and if they run into a large group of hungry cannibals.

perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Aerys shakes her head, surely he'll start to see these traps, I thought that's what he was good at. She walks up to the nearly healing Torch, "You all right again, please be more careful to search out such traps, it just a good job they aren't buzzing with the natives." As she says this she looks around.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3
Aerys D Mavato wrote:

surely he'll start to see these traps, I thought that's what he was good at.

...twist the knife, why don't ya... ;)

Torch nods thoughtfully, though he winces a bit with the movement. "We should be getting rather close to the village," he replies, "and despite what Hrakar thinks, I'm not planning to stroll right in. We should move off the path, I think, so we've got cover from any sentries they might have out..."


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, -4 if sound is involved.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys means it all in a nice sisterly way Torch ... :)


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

At this point let's see how this ends... I would have preferred we were lvl 3 at least before confronting a whole village of cannibals...


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Me too, but we've kind of gone down this path, rather than just wandering the island as we go. I'd have rather gone down the paths, so we could of cleared them of traps and made a quicker escape route, rather than blindly heading off into more dense jungle. But Aerys is confident in herself, that she can handle things.
If someone is sneaky enough and can act as a scout, perhaps we can try and divide and conquer, before we enter the village and meet the main party of cannibals. If we can study what we are up against first, it would help.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You're not that close to the camp. You're still in Q7 and the camp is in S4.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

We still don't have that good a grasp on the map's scale, I'm afraid...


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Then let's go on, we need more exploration... I suggest we explore Q6 and then Q5. Anyone against that?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Sounds good to me. If I'm reading the map correctly, the path Tees SW and NE in Q6. The SW branch should lead to the camp, right?

"Won't it just take forever to cut across the jungle now? I vote we stay on the trail until we get closer, then cut straight south off the trail to sneak up on the camp."


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Far be it from me to ignore your wisdom, Master Aberwinge," Torch says with a wink. But he does seem to agree.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Right, then let's go and hope your luck changes, eh Torch." with a wink. She takes her shortbow, knocks an arrow and starts on the journey, looking ahead to see the tell-tale signs of these traps and movements which might indicate danger.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Actually Ralf is the first to spot the next trap, well before you step in it.

That nets you another 80 xp and brings you to the intersection of the paths, which is about 3 miles from the camp.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"See, young feller? You'll live longer if you just keep your eyes and ears open," Ralf tells Torch with a lively wink.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

"Right. Cross-country, then?"

Gelik is ready to try his luck moving off the trail toward the camp now, but of course needs someone to lead the way. You don't want to follow the gnome into the jungle.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"If by 'cross country' you mean we stay in the foliage by the side of the path and follow it into camp, then I'm all for it, but if you mean to just tramp the next 3 miles through the densest jungle, then maybe not. We should be OK until we get to about a mile from the camp, if we stay camouflaged going though the side jungle it may be safest." As she looks down the path, wondering what lies ahead.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Sounds right to me," Torch nods. "Slower but safer. We might even want to look for a camp before we hit that mile or so out, so we can be rested and ready as possible before we get close enough to serioudly risk discovery."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You make your way through the jungle, careful not to stray too far from the path. Do you want to make camp before you approach the village? Or do you want to scout it out under the cover of night?


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

If it's night, Ralf casts a boosted Empowered cure on Torch.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10*1.5


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"We're close enough now, let's stay here and someone can scout the camp tonight. Does anyone have anything that helps them see in the dark. I really don't see well when the night comes."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar scoffs:"I believe none of us has the necessary skill to scout the whole camp. Do we really want to try this? Seems like a suicide, really"

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,266 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.