Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,351 to 1,400 of 3,421 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Torch? Ralf? ... though I doubt either are very intimidating ... otherwise it's back to camp for maybe Isharou?


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf is in favour of seeing if they can pick off another group that is investigating the disappearance of the first group. Maybe one of those will be more talkative.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Between his Cha 7 and his complete lack of interest in helping with this course of action, I wouldn't count on Torch being much use here. I seem to recall that Surkoff was pretty friendly, but I can't remember if he had much in the way of Intimidate...


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Not getting anything out of the captive, Aerys dons her hat and looks around. "So I say we tie him up and make him walk in front of us, then we can use the paths and hopefully we'll miss the traps, or he'll find them? So?" though she seems less than happy with her suggestion, it will at least mean they can travel faster and not skulk around in the undergrowth.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch turns his head at that, and something that might be a smile crosses his ruined face for a moment. It is gone almost immediately, though, and he looks away again.

Need to gag him if we try that, though, or else he'll call out to anyone we might be hoping to sneak up on.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar slaps Aerys on the back:"GREAT IDEA, lassie! This time our resident hero won't be falling in even more traps!, the dwarf concludes giving Torch a smile.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Realizing that nobody will be able to see him while he's in the bushes, Gelik shouts out, "Since I'm hiding, you can't see that I'm frowning right now, but I am. I don't like the idea of marching into cannibal territory when we can just sit here and let the bad guys come to us! It worked once, we should give it a chance to work again."

[ooc]Of course, if the group starts moving, Gelik will join them. Otherwise, he sits in the bushes, frowning.[/b]


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar just stares at Gelik's bush with a flat stare...

"NOW the plan is all right, eh? But you don't want to bait them anymore..."


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik stands up, but is still shorter than the fern he's standing behind. His voice floats out of the underbrush. "Does your mind-set not allow for changing a plan as the situation changes? Because if it doesn't, then I can't explain why I'm no longer needed as bait."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I'm going to be out of town for a few days. Expect to be able to post again Tuesday evening. Hope you can agree on a course of action before then.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I agree with Gelik... Let's wait and see what happens when they realize they lost a whole scouting party


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

And what do you plan to do with the captive?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Tie him down and use HIM as bait this time...


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys is OK with that....must be a tree nearby we can tie and gag him.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf looks amenable to whatever is going on.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

We're still on the other side of the island, though. By the time the cannibals would reasonably figure out that they'd lost their scouting party, and then sent out another one, we're talking at least two days, and probably more realistically three or four...


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

We can hunt and forage in the meanwhile...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Sam "Torch" McQuarry wrote:
We're still on the other side of the island, though. By the time the cannibals would reasonably figure out that they'd lost their scouting party, and then sent out another one, we're talking at least two days, and probably more realistically three or four...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the distances. Are you saying our big smoky fire is a day's walk away (or more) from the cannibal camp?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Several hours, at the least. Tom confirmed that earlier, when the plan was first put forward and I raised the objection. So given that the party wouldn't be expected to return until sometime tomorrow, and then more time would have to pass before they decided the scouts were actually missing, they probably wouldn't head out until the day after, and then would have several more hours of travel before they got here. And that assumes they sent the party straight here from their camp, and that they were supposed to head straight back. If it was a hunting party expectd to be gone for a few days...

And there is no way in the world Torch would consent to just sitting here for two days while the group lays another trap. I'm actually having this conversation OOC because if I switch to IC, Torch is going to bail on you all and head off by himself, and I'm trying to avoid that.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Could Torch maybe suggest a course of action that he'd prefer?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch's preference would be what he argued for before: sneak up to the village and do some recon, then decide what to try next. (That's what he'll try to do if he leaves, even though the likely end result is death.) I, however, am less concerned with that happening than with something happening; even the torture we were discussing before would be enough to keep him from leaving. Anything that justifies the fight we just had or that seems to be making progress toward the village would keep him from flipping his lid.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys would be more interested now making their way towards the village, but is more likely to want to go by paths as speed seems to be more important, now we've made contact so to speak.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Let Torch suggest he wants to explore the cannibal village, Hrakar will suggest it's a foolish endeavor, but if Torch insists he will let him go. And after some time will probably tell the others they need to follow torch before he ends on the cannibals table as the main course..."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

OK, I'm back, so just tell me what you're going to do.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Yeah, let's go with Torch's plan then. Gelik's fidgety ayway. Gelik, under no circumstances, will have anything to do with the prisoner. If it were up to him, he'd leave the guy tied up in the dirt.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Let's take it as given that Torch flips out and storms off then, and everyone eventually follows along.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf will happily follow along, although he keeps an eye out for traps.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

How about the cannibal then? And are you going by the path?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Leave the cannibal tied tightly to a tree. Come back for him later.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Yeah, let's go by the path, and let's leave the cannibal tied to a tree (I'd gladly redo the checks by the way)

CMB check (to retie the savage, help welcome):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Edit: Definitely not hrakar's forte...


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Seeing Hrakar's knots, Gelik says, "I think I'd prefer to walk toward the front of the group for this leg of the journey."

Gelik walks toward the front of the group for this leg of the journey.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

As Torch is traveling along the paths, but very slowly, trying to keep his eyes open for traps, it doesn't take long for the rest of the group to catch up with him. He gives them all a level look, turning away without saying anything at first. Once they have all fallen into step, though, he says - not looking at any of them directly - "...Thanks."

Perception roll for the inevitable snare trap: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14. I don't suppose I could get a circumstance bonus, since I'm looking for the snares specifically?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys seeing Hrakar making a mess of the knots, reties all the knots. She then rejoins the rest as they make their way down the path.

CMB Tie up the native to a tree 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yes, Torch gets a +2 circumstance bonus for being familiar with the snares.

Moving along the path is much faster and you manage to get to Q8 before trouble hits. Perception rolls and initiatives, please.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12.
Not sure if you want a new Perception check or not, but if so: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17, +1 for traps.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Sight only perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22, -4 if hearing is involved
Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (15) - 6 = 9


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

perception1d20 ⇒ 7
initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As you make your way along the path, Ralf has fallen a few steps behind, and suddenly a spider the size of a large dog drops down on him from a nearby tree and bites him for 5 points of damage and a DC 14 Fort save.

Aerys is up, then the spider again.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry, boards ate my post.

As Ralf falls slightly behind, suddenly a giant spider the size of a large dog drops down on him from a nearby tree and bites him for 5 points of damage and a Fort 14 save.

Aerys is up, then the spider again.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys charges at the spider attacking her friend.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 1 = 9
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys storms at the spider but her attack is more eager than accurate. Undaunted, the spider bites Ralf again for 6 points of damage and another save.

Now you can all have a go at it.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Fort save #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Fort save #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Owooo!" Ralf howls in surprise and pain.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

With a scowl of distaste toward such a large vermin, Gelik stabs at it with his longspear. He stays as far from it as he can as he does so.

atttack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch, leading and brooding both, spins in surprise at Ralf's first cry of pain. By the time the second has escaped the old sailor's throat, Torch has begun rushing toward the spider, his scimitar already out. Move up to the spider, drawing the scimitar as he goes. Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar swipes with his warhammer at the spider:

Attack roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Critical confirmation:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Damage roll:1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ralf takes 2 points of Strength damage from the poison, and Ralf and Aerys to go, then the spider.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys swings her longsword, putting her back into striking the beast.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 1 = 19
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf steps back and heals himself a bit.

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1,351 to 1,400 of 3,421 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.