Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,301 to 1,350 of 3,458 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You hide as well as you are able in bushes, trees and whatnot. Later that day you are rewarded for your efforts as a band of four cannibals approach the bridge. They spot you from afar, though and seem hesitant to cross, although they are making a lot of noise and apparently having some sort of disagreement.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Realizing there's no time to lose Hrakar jumps on his feet:"They saw us. Let's make them believe we are scared of them and want to escape... maybe they'll follow!"
So saying the dwarf starts running and incites the others to do the same.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

As the natives argue amongst themselves, and Hrakar starts to run off down the way, Aerys lets loose the arrow from her bow at the group on the other side. Then starts after Hrakar, "You really think its a good idea to do this, Hrakar? Oh well once a course is set, not point going against it." she shrugs and follows the dwarf.

Short bow attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf scratches his head and then follows the mob.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch swears continually under his breath as he follows Hrakar. The moment the cannibals would lose sight of him, however, he dives into the foliage and attempts to hide. Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

"Check out these hams!" Gelik shouts, stepping into the open, dropping his trousers, and bending over to moon the cannibals. He waves his cheeks back and forth to be sure they get a good view. He then casts ghost sound to make a loud farting noise.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys's arrow and Gelik's performance clinches the matter for the cannibals, who come storming over the bridge.

Roll for initiative. Torch will be able to make a surprise attack at them as they pass.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Initiative check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Torch will wait until they are just past him before jumping out to attack the last one from behind. Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 sneak attack.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (2) - 6 = -4

Does a -4 beat anyone?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch cuts down the wounded cannibal, who was lagging behind the others.

Before they can react, Torch, Hrakar and Gelik can act.

I'll get a map up if I think one is needed. Let's see what you have in mind first.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Once he's sure the cannibals have fallen into the trap Hrakar turns around and yells:"Very well people, let's cut them down, but keep one alive to interrogate!

Hrakar casts Warhammer and moves near melee


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

My actions depend on a few contingencies, so I'll OOC the whole thing.

If he can pull up his trousers as a move action, he'll do so.

If it will take more than a move action, he'll leave them down around his ankles.

If he won't hit Torch with it, he'll Color Spray (DC 14) as many cannibals as he can.

If he can't hit any cannibals with Color Spray without hitting Torch, he'll brace his longspear for any cannibals that charge him.

Contingency attack if charged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Just want to say I love the image of a little gnome with his trousers down by his ankles casting magic at the approaching spear wielding natives. (Assuming they are waving spears) BRILLIANT!


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I'm going to let Tom adjudicate Gelik's contingencies before I act so I don't have to write a huge list of my own...


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Gelik's magic brings one of the cannibals down. The other storms on while the last one standing turns to face Torch.

Torch still to go before the cannibals attack.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch's face is a mask of frustration and anger as he slashes at the cannibal before him. Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 sneak attack.

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, crit damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.

Heh. Max damage, even without the crit. Guess Torch is taking it out on this poor bastard in front of him...


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Next one is Ralf, right? Btw, supposing Torch gets another one down we have 2 killed, one stunned. How many left?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch cuts down another cannibal. The last remaining cannibal takes an ineffectual swipe at the crouching gnome, and then you are up again, all of you.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys shows no mercy to the native, striking at him with her longsword.

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf toddles forward and tries to clunk the remaining guy on the head.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d6 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

After using his magic to increase the power of his hammer, Hrakar prepares to charge the last cannibal:

Attack roll (charge):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage roll:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Edit:Between the 3 of us I guess he's pretty dead, eh?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Waiting to see if that is the case...


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Your combined efforts do indeed bring the cannibal down, leaving Gelik the time to properly fasten his pants.

You get 160 xp each for the battle, and I think I'll have to award Gelik a hero point for this spectacle. :-)


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch looks down at the three dead bodies, still furious, before turning his gaze on Hrakar. "You've got your captive, Orcbane. Now show me something to prove we didn't just murder these men in cold blood and to no purpose."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys takes her rope, calling to Hrakar "Let's tie him up before he comes round and realizes he's captured." She hands Hrakar the rope and they proceed to quickly tie him up before he can react.

Not sure what to roll for this, so BT you can do it for me.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

That would be a CMB check in Pathfinder, I think. Anyway it shouldn't be too difficult. What do you want to ask him when he comes to?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Hero Point! Gelik should drop trou more often.

Gelik hauls up his trousers and stands to his full three foot (almost) height. He can't help but appear proud of his part in the plan, but stays well clear of the captive just the same.

"Murder is such an ugly word. These brutes weren't here to welcome us to their island, they were here to kill us. I see our actions as self-defense. Now we need to mercilessly self-defense our way through the rest of them before they get us. Good luck trying to talk to this fellow, though."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar just shrugs at Torch's indignate tirade while working with Aerys to secure the unconscious thug:"Yeah... cold blooded murder... I guess you didn't see the part where our friends here charged at us. But whatever: it worked. Now let's squeeze some answers out of this scumbag!"

CMB check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

OOoooops. Aerys save the day please! :D


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Well, there's a few savages who won't trouble us. Maybe we can get some more to come over here, too. I don't know what we can do with this guy, though." Ralf scratches his head.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch stares, aghast at Hrakar's reply. "We shot at them!" he shouts. He looks as though he wants to say more, but finally, his mouth still hanging open, the half-elf turns away, staring angrily back up the path toward the bridge.

He'll likely sit out any attempt at interrogation, though he will be listening.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

CMB 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

With the blood of the dead native all over her hands, Aerys has difficulty gripping the rope correctly and the knots are more difficult to tie. As she tries she speaks to the native, "Stay still! ... What do they call you?" She then repeats the phrase in polyglot, the native tongue of the original inhabitants of the Mwangii.

Sorry Hrakar the dice gods don't like us... :(


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibal is unresponsive, and doesn't seem to understand any of those languages. It takes several of you to restrain him, as your inexpertly tied knots keep falling off.

In actual fact also he is not Mwangi, although he is deeply tanned.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys calls to Torch, "You want to talk to them, come and help here." Aerys tries once more with languages she knows, repeating the phares she used before, she moves to the man's ear and whispers first in Aklo, then in Infernal. "What do they call you? Where do you come from? How did you get on this island?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar gives the unconscious cannibal a kick in the ribs:"Well, wake up! Let's try to get a basic understanding: you answer us... we don't send you the way we sent your fellows there."
The dwarf concludes indicating the other cannibals' corpses


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibal seems to understand Infernal, but he only laughs maniacally and spits at you.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar is taken aback by the cannibal's reaction:"Oh... for the love of Torag! Does this dimwitted fool want to die that badly? Very well... does anyone here understand what he's saying? If not I suggest we bring him back to camp and hope one of the others knows what his gibbering means!"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik calls from his position about fifteen feet away. "Is he playing the spitting game? I love that game! Or is he just spitting? Probably just spitting. That's too bad; I'm a pretty good spitter. I think I could take him in a fair match. He'd probably cheat though." Gelik sulks.

Calling it now. If we take him back to camp he murders an NPC and escapes.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys spits right back into the cannibal's face. Shouting at him,

Infernal:
"Be quiet or die."
as she looks straight into his eyes.

Intimidate 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"He doesn't look too communicative, do he?" Ralf frowns and scans the distance to see if the savages have any reinforcements on the way.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibal falls silent but is still very uncooperative. There are no reinforcements within sight.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"What should we do? Two options imo: 1. Move back to camp and try to interrogate the cannibal (I think Jask has the necessary language expertise), OR 2. Dispose of the cannibal (ethical problem here... even fotr Hrakar) and keep exploring moving west. What's your opinion ppl?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I believe Aerys speaks his language, so no need to go back to camp.

Gelik hums a little ditty to himself, waiting for the interrogation to fall apart. After the cannibal clams up, he laughs. "All right, step two. Now we just wait for a search party to come out looking for these guys and...wham! They won't know what hit them."

Gelik rubs dirt on his face, puts twigs in his hair, and goes to sit in the bushes. "Don't look at me, I'm hiding!"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I think what we need is a charm spell or similar. Unfortunately, I don't think we have access to one. Failing that, we're looking at some hardcore Intimidate - and by "hardcore" we might be looking at "torture" here.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys isn't the best one to intimidate, so I suggest she just acts as interpreter and Hrakar or some one else tries the intimidate.

She talks to the prisoner,

infernal:
"Now I have you attention, do you want to live or die? Help us and you will live. Where do you live? Describe it?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The cannibal only sneers and nods in the direction of the camp.

You are probably right that you are going to need some more hardcore interrogation to get anything out of him.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik is neither intimidating, nor charming.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar is woefully ignorant about torture and/or intimidation too. Is there any of the other castaways who could help in this department?

1,301 to 1,350 of 3,458 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.