Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,445 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys will move up the beach and try to cut through the sticky compound pulling Ralf.

Longsword attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Longsword damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

A gnome with limited options, Gelik fires off another ray of frost.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar tries to hit the giant lobster again:

Ranged touch attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys slashes the cord and Gelik hits the creature once again. Wounded and racked with pain, the cave fisher realizes that dinner is cancelled today and withdraws.

You get 120 xp each for the fight.

Now what are your plans?


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Phew! That was a close one. Thanks, gents! Er, and lady."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Smiling at the old gent, Aerys nods in appreciation and offers her hand to help him up from the floor. Once she has given Ralf a look over his cuts and bruises, none looking at all serious, she looks towards the land. "Let's not be distracted by a mere creature we have vengeance to satisfy and justice to dispatch." she starts to climb up from the landing site, pleased to be off the raft, looking for a safe passage up to the island proper again, climbing up.

Taking a 10 on climb to give 15 for climb skill.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You have no problem finding a safe path to the interior of the island. Maybe you could indicate on the map where you are headed?


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik seems invigorated by the short sea voyage, and even attacks by giant man-eating crustaceans can't dampen his mood. "It's time for exploration!" He points toward the interior, and begins to march with a purpose. He pauses and waits for someone else to take the lead, however.

I'm thinking SW into P-12, then check out the trail. We keep an eye out for traps, of course.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Roughly where is the high point on the island you mentioned?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Right where the trail ends (P13). Quite close to you actually.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar smiles at Aerys words:"Well said, girly. We have justice to make!"

Highest point is fine for hrakar


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys squirms as she hears the condescending dwarf.

Highest point then


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Chipper Gelik may be as annoying as whiny Gelik. It's hard to say. As you climb higher and higher, he keeps going on about the grandness of the view.

Up we go!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Soon enough you reach the top of the mountain, which is the highest point on the entire island. Barren of vegetation, the jagged rise of rust-red stones juts from the earth like an immense scar, providing a vertiginous view of the surrounding blue of the seemingly endless ocean.

From here you can get an overview of the entire island. Points of interest include the lighthouse to the west (in S3), the barren fungal island and the grassy hill where you found the treasure.

Perception 15:

Spoiler:
The stone lighthouse is surrounded by a number of smaller buildings, probably the camp of the cannibals.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Nice view. Say...you see those tiny buildings by the lighthouse? I wonder if that's where those savage fellers come from."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Good sighting Ralf" she squints as looks to where Ralf is pointing. "So do we attack the savages head on, or try and take them out a few at a time. Not sure a full scale assault would be the best option." Aerys continues as she ruminates of the implications of a full scale assault. "Any idea how many of these natives there might be?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar strokes his beard:"Well, let's count them... or even better, let's capture one and have a little chat with him... maybe we could even get to know something about that captain bastard... I hope if they captured him they didn't eat him yet. I want the pleasure to make justice myself"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Gelik is not a naval expert, but he speculates. "If we were to light up the lighthouse, would ships come to rescue us, I wonder? It couldn't hurt."

He struggles to think for a few seconds, a task in which he has little practice. He almost immediately blurts out, "We need to convince the natives that we're their gods! Then they'll do what we tell them and stop trying to kill us. Although it won't help with the traps, I suppose."


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

We've tried and failed to interrogate the natives before, remember? We don't speak their language. Unless we ask Jask to prep comprehend languages, I suppose...?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Well, we can find a way. comprehend languages may very well be one of those. We need to know how many cannibals are there and start taking them down one at the time. If there are too many of them we cannot hope to prevail with a direct attack so we'll need to fight battles we can actually manage to win while weakening thei whole tribe...


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Fascinated by the view just a moment ago, Gelik suddenly states, "I'm bored. Let's go down the other side of the mountain." he gestures SW, "Maybe we'll discover something that will help with our predicament!"


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Comprehend Languages only allows us to understand them, we won't be able to ask them any questions if they don't understand Common or something. And that's if they want to be at all helpful!

Aerys seeing Gelik start down the SW side, follows him, "What've you found down this way Gelik." She shouts to the others, "Come on, I think Gelik has spotted something interesting..." She follows, weapons at the ready.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar scoffs at the gnome:"Maybe"? We have what we need in front of us: let's ambush some of these savages and let's start again with questions. Worst possible case we weaken our enemy. And before someone starts talking about pity, Cannibals don't seserve any in Torag's book"


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"We need to get to the lighthouse and signal for rescue," Torch counters. "I'm not fool enough to think we'll be able to saunter right past their camp and on out to a boat without trouble, but I'm not big on deliberately planning to murder a whole village full of people. We might be able to find some way to sneak past them; I'd prefer that over an outright massacre."


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik pulls up short. "Murder is such a strong word. I prefer killing in self-defense. If we present ourselves to them with the very reasonable request that we use their lighthouse, and they attack us, what choice do we have? I'm not spending the rest of my life in this armpit on a semantic subtlety." His expression changes to one you haven't seen before - completely serious. "If you don't think it's us or them at this point, then you haven't been paying attention."

Gelik tries to use his charming personality to coax everyone down the SW side of the mountain. He's hoping to eventually run into a patrol of savages or gather some other kind of intelligence on the southern part of the island.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar stares at Torch:What they will do with us is a feast... and we'll be the main course, if you get my meaning! These... creatures are undeserving of Torag's gift. I don't suggest we exterminate all of them, although it would probably be a service to the world, if that's makes you confortable, but if they oppose us they deserve no pity! And if we catch one or two and ask some questions it's better than what they would do to us... or do you think those snares you got cought into were for game, McQuarry!?!?"

OK with moving southwest in a circumspect manner


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The easiest way down the mountain is of course to follow the path. I suppose you prefer to make a shortcut to the SW, but then you come upon the path again. Do you want to follow it or take another route?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys hearing the group arguing on, keeps her own council, until she responds. "Our experience with these savages suggests they are unlikely to be cooperative and unlikely to understand any words we say. So first we need to find out more about them. If someone can sneak forward and scout their camp. Let's try and travel quickly, lets us the path for a while."


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"I wonder if maybe those savage folks have a leader or wise man or something who can talk regular Taldan. Maybe not, but it's worth a shot," Ralf muses.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Scouting I'm fine with," Torch answers immediately. "We can settle the rest of it once we know more."

Torch would prefer to avoid the path just because it's likely to provoke more fights at this point than avoid them, which is what he's arguing for - but if he's outvoted, he'll just focus on being very thorough on keeping an eye out for more snares.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik waves his hands in the air dismissively. "Path...no path...makes no difference to me. As long as I'm not in front I'm pretty easy to please." He begins to whistle a jaunty tune as he climbs down the mountain.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar stares at the gnome, incredolous:"Are you mad? Going towards the cannibal enchampment whistling? we need a plan of action and a concrete goal. I say we need to ambush the savages before they realize where we are and we have to face the whole tribe all at once. Anyone else's got a better idea besides going towards them advertising our presence?"


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"We need to take them out a few at a time, maybe Gelik would like to whistle to a few of them to run after him, into a trap. What say you Gelik?" Aerys says with a twinkle in her eye.

"But if that's not an option, we need to approach quietly through the trees, take a few at a time unawares as quietly as possible. A neat trick would be to have an escape route already planned, with our own traps made and ready to ensnare them. But first we need to know more about them, so Torch could scout them out a bit, we'll lay in wait in case he gets into trouble, ready to ambush any that chase him, or pick them off from range."


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar tilts his head on the right side as if considering Aerys words carefully:"Good reasoning but... knowing McQuarry he'll end directly in their cooking pot..."


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik looks at Hrakar sadly. "You are such a Negative Nellie! The cannibals are way over there!" He gestures in the general direction of the lighthouse. "They can't possibly hear my whistling, the jauntiness of which, by the way, I have received many compliments."

He turns to Aerys. "Contrary to what you may think, I would be willing to play bait in your plan. I'm not much for sneaking, or ambushing, either. Bait really is my best role. All I ask is don't let me die."

Gelik is happy to continue wandering in the general direction of the lighthouse, as long as he has back-up.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As you cautiously approach the general direction of the cannibal camp, you come to a rope bridge where the path crosses the river canyon.

A fifty-foot-wide gorge scars the landscape here; a rapidly flowing river rushes through the gorge, with a rickety-looking rope bridge providing a treacherous-looking way to cross.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Perception check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Perfect place for a trap..."


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Ah, rats. I don't know if my old bones will be able to stand running across a rickety bridge with bloodthirsty savages lurking in the bushes." Ralf shakes his head glumly.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Perception check for traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch finds no traps on the bridge, but it is hardly sturdy enough to let more than one of you pass at a time.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch shrugs. "Might as well get this over with," he murmurs, and carefully starts to cross.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Once Torch has passed, Hrakar follows


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Hey, wait for me!" Ralf hops from one foot to the other, nervously waiting for Torch to finish so that he can start.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik follows next, uncharacteristically without comment.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys is last across the bridge, once everyone else is safely across.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

To your unmitigated surprise you manage to cross the bridge safely without even being ambushed by cannibals. Now the path continues due west, but I know that you are wary of it, so do you want to follow the path or go north or south of it (it doesn't really make sense to walk beside the path, does it)?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar looks at the path, doubtful:"What now? I suggest we find a nice, secluded spot and wait for one of the unwashed savaged to pass. Then we jump on him and we'll see what he has to say..."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:54/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"So how long do you intend to wait, we have no reason to suppose they will come this way. If you want to attract some of them, I suggest we need a lure the other side of the bridge. If we go back and create a heavily smoked fire, that would surely attract them over give you the chance to maybe capture one. Gelik, can you go across and make the fire, then return quickly. We'll keep watch this side. So what do you all say?" questions Aerys as she cocks her hat to one side.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar nods at Aerys words:"You see? She has a good head for these things! Good plan, I agree with it. Let's solve this pesky cannibal problem!"


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik's jaw drops. "You want me to go, by myself, over to the other side of the bridge. Then I gather enough wood, by myself, the smallest person in the group, to build a big enough fire to attract the cannibals from way over there. Which will take me about an hour. Then I hurry back across the bridge, which should take about thirty seconds. What will you all be doing for an hour while I haul wood and struggle with the flint and steel? And why would we want to meet our enemies on THIS side, with the bridge at our back? I'm no tactician, but why don't we just all go back to the other side of the bridge, build a fire, and ambush the cannibals as they come to the bridge?"

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,445 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.