Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


1,101 to 1,150 of 3,458 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Note that Gelik can retry his save next round with a +2 bonus due to Ralf's spell


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch grabs the paralyzed gnome and tries to keep the voracious monsters at bay, while Hrakar comes splashing down, sending healing energies in all directions. Enraged, the monsters concentrate their fury on him, but his armor thwarts their efforts for now.

Up above Ishirou relieves Aerys at holding the rope down.

You are up again.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys runs back to the opening taking her bow out ready and looks down, at the congested area of fighting below.
If there is room for Aerys to climb down and be able to fight without making the whole thing cramped, she will, otherwise she takes out her bow and fires into the melee below.

Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
or
Shortbow attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Shortbow damage 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar spits the water he ingested by plunging ito it and fends off the mosnters attacks using his shield:"You'll have to do better than that, uglies! Let's see if I can improve your looks with the blessing of Torag!"

Hrakar channels energy to harm undeads. And channel energy doesn't cause attacks of opportunity IIRC

Channel energy:1d6 ⇒ 4


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf applies a healing charm to Gelik.

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

With Gelik back on his feet, Torch again turns his efforts toward ending the undead. Scimitar attack on the same one he attacked before: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik fort save reroll: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19

Edit: Looks like Gelik saved - assuming he's no longer paralyzed...

Gelik splutters, and goes full defense, wedging himself into a corner of the pit.

Mirror Images: 2
AC: 13
HP: 5/14
Wand Charges Remaning: 4


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys tries to climb down but has trouble passing Ralf, and will need either to jump the last bit or climb down the wall. Torch stabs one of the monsters and Hrakar unleashes some holy power that sears their rotting flesh, while Gelik cowers in a corner.

The monsters retaliate and rend Hrakar for 9 points of damage and Torch for 5. Hrakar needs to make a Fort 15 save or be paralysed.

Then you are up again.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Any signs that my damage type is ineffective against these things? (I am rather thinking not, but I want to be certain.)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

It seems effective enough.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Held up by Ralf, Aerys climbs down the wall.

Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch attempts to finish his current foe off with another swing of his scimitar. Let's see if I can clear Aerys some room... scimitar attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Fortitude save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Edit:Oooooooops... Paralyzed! :D


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Cheered by the assistance of his comrades, Gelik takes another stab with his dagger.

attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Edit: +2 for flanking?
damage 1d3 ⇒ 1

Also Edit: I am a deadly warrior!

Mirror Images: 2
AC: 13
HP: 5/14


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf tries his resistance charm on Hrakar as well.

(see above for details)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry all, am out of town and haven't been able to post as planned. Will probably not be able to post anything substantial until Sunday. See you then.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys joins the fray while Hrakar starts to sink (but is granted another save thanks to Ralf). Torch has trouble finding an opening in the chaos, while Gelik manages to stab one of the creatures.

Annoyed they turn on Gelik and Torch, but don't even manage to scratch an image of Gelik. Torch is scratched for 2 points of damage.

And you are up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Fortitude save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Edit: seems like Ralf saved Hrakar life!


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"This... is beginning... to grate on me..." Torch grunts as he makes another attack on the ghoul-like creatures. Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Landing with two feet on solid ground, Aerys bares her teeth and pulls her longsword out from its scabbard. With a scream she moves into position to slash with venom at the revolting creatures in front of her.

Current AC=16, no shield
It she can move into a flanking position she will. She takes out her longsword as she moves, before attacking.
2 Handed Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 18
2 Handed Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 6


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)
Hrakar Orcbane wrote:
Edit: seems like Ralf saved Hrakar life!

Don't mention it. ;-)

Ralf gets ready to cast his protection charm on the next person to be paralysed.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Emboldened by his previous mighty blow (and not seeing any obvious avenue of escape), Gelik decides to press the attack.

attack w/dagger 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3(add +2 for flanking?)

Edit: Statistically Improbable!

damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

Mirror Images: 2
AC: 13
HP: 5/14


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar is a little taken aback by the cold sensation that followed the Ghoul's attack. Yet, in true dwarven fashion he immediately retaliates:"Didn't you get enough, pallid dog faced creeps? Here's another ration for you!"

Channel Energy1d6 ⇒ 4

Edit:I've only got another one after this people!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys gives one of the monsters a fierce slash and then the wave of energy surging out from Hrakar ends them both.

That earns you 167 xp each.

You struggle to find purchase in the water, but fortunately some of the logs have jammed, and Ishirou is still holding the rope that Ralf clings to. But what now?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

So, this is where the treasure is, well let's have a look round. Although if its buried, it might be buried under the water, old pirates have many tricks. as Aerys starts to look around the darkened man-made cavern. Though she is wary of any more creatures appearing from out of the water.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Assuming we don't find anything:

"Well I suppose its into the water then, let me take a look down there? Please if someone could find a light that might work in the depths, under the water?" she asks the assembled friends. Removing her armor and weapons, she places her dagger into her mouth (hopefully after someone casts light on it), holding onto it with her teeth, she garbles out. back oon..... with that her head disappears under the water.

Takes a 10 on swimming for a total of 16


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"I wonder if there's really treasure down here, or if it's just some guy's idea of a funny joke." Ralf peers into the dark water reflectively.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar scoffs and looks at Torch intensely:[b]"After all the trouble we went through there better be a treasure down here... and a big one at that!"[b]

That said the dwarf starts looking around for clues:

Perception Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

There's another +2 if the dwarven racial ability "Stonecunning" applies down here.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Dumbfounded by everyone else's cavalier attitude, Gelik tries to keep it together. "Ah! I almost died! So did he!" He points at Hrakar, then splashes around like a demented duck for a few seconds before calming down.

"I'm better now." The gnome directs his dancing lights under the water so the gang can see, then starts to climb up the rope.

"This is no place for a maestro."

Taking 10 on the climb.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"Don't worry," Torch calls up to Gelik, "We've got this." The half-elf is clearly excited as he starts lookign for a way to see or get beneath the logs. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21, +1 vs traps


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys dives down into the murky water and disappears from sight.

Aerys:

Spoiler:
At the bottom of the shaft there seems to be a small passage (5 feet wide) going off to one side). Do you want to explore it?


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Black Tom:

Yes


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys:

Spoiler:
The tunnel turns up sharply into a 15-foot-high shaft with a pocket of stale but breathable air at the top. In this cramped chamber there stands a waterproof and airtight (and locked) sea chest on a narrow ledge carved just above the water level.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Black Tom:

Get out of pool onto the ledge, look around for anything else that is either suspicious (on the box or around) or might hold more hidden treasure. If I see nothing, then pick up the box and gauge its weight, before going back into the pool and swimming back with the box.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Take a 10 on the swim check, total 16
Take a 10 on the strength check if required, total 13


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar looks at the murky water with worry:"And where did that lassie just go now? What if she ends finding these two sunofab@@@~es friends and she's alone?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Aerys resurfaces with a triumphant expression and holding a locked chest of some kind. A little while later you can all get out of the pit (most of you soaked and panting) and worry about how to get it open.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys lies in the sun, her job done. "I can bash it open if you want, otherwise it's up to you to get the treasure out." She starts to comb her hair, smiling at her friends.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Well, I for one don't have great experience with this kind of thing..." Hrakar seems rather interessed in the contents of the chest...


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Does anyone know how to open a locked chest?" Ralf adds redundantly.

Is anyone still injured?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch cracks his knuckles. "Let's see what we've got," he says to no one in particular, kneeling down and getting to work.

By preference, I'd like to take 20 on a Perception check to search for traps on the chest - I feel rather strongly that whoever built this bloody shaft is likely the sort of person who would trap the heck out of it. That would give me a Perception check total of 29. If that's not possible, here's my roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 to find traps. If I find some, here's my Disable Deivce roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 to disarm. Once that's done, my actual lockpick would again be taking 20, for a total of 31, or if I can't, my lockpick roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26.

Yikes. Not good rolls. Well, here goes nothin'...

Torch is down 8 hp.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch can take 20 on Perception and Disable Device to pick the lock.

After careful inspection (finding nothing untoward) and some tinkering Torch gets the chest open. A hush descends as you behold:

3,500 cp
2,000 sp
1,000 gp
50 pp
a silk pouch of garnets and amethysts worth 500 gp in all
a half-dozen moldered and ruined noble’s outfits
a bejeweled masterwork cold iron starknife
a masterwork darkwood buckler
a scroll of Raise dead in a watertight mithral scroll tube

Only the buckler and scroll radiate magic. You can try to appraise the starknife and the scroll tube if you like.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

As Torch manipulates the lock, and a click is heard, followed by the opening of the chest, Aerys looks up and sits up. A congratulatory "Well done, Torch" is heard and she claps her hands, smiling gaily. "Lets pack this lot up and get back to camp."


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik is down 9 HP.

Gelk clutches his shoulder, watching the blood well out with morbid fascination. "I'm bleeding." He whines plaintively and somewhat pathetically until he sees the booty in the chest.

"Yo ho ho! He perks up and forgets his injury as he inspects the gems. "ooooooh"

Gelik has no appraise. He will use detect magic and spellcraft to determine the buckler's properties. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf lets out a low whistle. "That's a fine load o' coin! Not that it does us much good stuck on this island, of course."

He'll also take a whack at identifying the buckler, using his Focused Trance (take 10 = 36).


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The buckler is +1.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"Say, this shield has a weak magical charm on it. It should do an excellent job of protection. Does anyone want it? I'd gladly swap my own shield for it, of course, but one of you younger fellas could probably use it more."


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"No, you keep it old man, its a bit of a toy for me." say Aerys smiling at the buckler, for her a proper steel shield, to provide real protection.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 32/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik shakes his head disinterestedly at Ralf's offer. He then says, "So there really isn't any reason to hang around here. We got the booty, what do we do next? I say we get a good night's sleep, yells at Ralf, GET HEALED, and then continue our trip along the coast. We'll eventually get into the area where those tracks were leading."

He then asks Ishirou, "What are you gonna do with your loot?"

No magical trinkets that are useful for Gelik, so he's ready to move on. I seem to recall that we were generally traveling along the coast in order to scout the island. Did anyone want to do anything different?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I think we'd probably be best off returning to camp - we don't really have any way to haul this chest around, I don't think Ishirou wants to keep hanging out with us, and I need to talk to Jask and Sasha anyway. Once that's done, we can go back to following the coast. It'd be easier to get everyone healed up that way anyway.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar doesn't seem inclined to listen to Gelik's mumblings:[b]"You'll get healed when you deserve it. I was injured too, but I'm not going to waste the power of Torag for some minor wounds, especially when we might need it later on. Now let me check that scroll!"[b] Saying that teh dwarf starts examining the scroll tube with the spell very carefully.

I agree we should go back to camp now. I'll heal everyone once there, but I don't feel confident wasting the remaining channel and the spells now. What if we meet some other wandering monsters? As for the shield, go for it Ralf! I'll take the scroll in the mithral case if no one wants it. And anyone willing to split the loot? I think we should divide by 6 including Ishirou


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf replaces his own wooden shield with the magic one and then uses his last two charms healing the injured.

Gelik (boosted): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Torch: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

1,101 to 1,150 of 3,458 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.