Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


951 to 1,000 of 3,266 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf, not satisfied with Surkhoff's recital for some reason, insists on reading the poem. ;-)


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"Watever we do, let's be quick to action and do it. If Torch wants to go along the beach, then I shall follow him." though Aerys doesn't sound quite as enthusiastic as she normally does.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Well if our intrepid Mc Quarry wants to travel along the shore I'll oblige him... I guess he developed an healty distrust of trails... I wonder why..." chuckles Hrakar in his dryly sarcastic tone


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik seems distinctly put out that Surkoff would hog the limelight with his recital. He grudgingly admits that both the content and the delivery were "of acceptable quality" but clearly feels that he could have done a better job with the performance. He is uncharacteristically quiet the rest of the evening.

When the discussion about the travel plans arises, he simply nods at the idea of following the beach, then roots through the shovels looking for the one with the shortest handle.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Not to be outdone, Gelik spends the morning sharing some of his better jokes. After a day of practice, these techniques grant a permanent +1 bonus to the save DC of any charm or language-dependent effect a PC uses (including Gelik himself).

Collecting the shovels you set out along the eastern coast, which would be the logical place to look for wreckage. Somewhat later (near the small island south of you) you are rewarded by the remains of a large ship, called the Bloody Doll, lying cast up on the beach.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys eyes the wreck, looking from afar to determine if there's likely to be any treasure, or the waters have battered to just a ships husk?

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Profession(Sailor) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 to know the meaning of what see might see, and as she gets closer.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The ship itself is beyond repair, but you never know where you might find treasure.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Does this wreck strike any of you as different than the others we saw till now? I can't honestly see any difference, and this is not where the map points at if I recall correctly" says Hrakar with his usual impatience.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik places his hands on his hips and tilts his head to the side. "What an unfortunate name for a ship."

Does it look fairly stable? Are there any holes in the hull or any way to get in besides climbing up on the deck?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The hull has cracked open, so you won't have to climb in if you want to investigate.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Unsurprisingly, Torch moves toward the wreck, eager to peer inside. He is watching warily for traps or other unpleasant surprises, however, and has his trusty scimitar ready to hand.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Unsurprisingly an unpleasant surprise awaits inside the wreckage. As Torch peers into the darkness a few shapes start to move. The remains of the ship's crew, in the form of four hideously bloated and rotting sailors, start to shamble towards you.

Roll for initiative. Of course, you could probably outrun them if you just want to get away.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Unsurprisingly Hrakar curses at Torch and moves to help

"Mc Quarryyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Initiative Roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Unsurprisingly Aerys has her longsword drawn, long before she gets to the ship, on her guard for anything threatening. She follows just behind Torch, as he moves eagerly to the wreck, an emotion she doesn't share. Another carcass of a fine ship, no doubt lives were lost when it ran aground, her faced saddened by the thought of the sailors whose lives ended in the seas here. A tear escapes and rolls slowly down a cheek, she wipes it away, before anyone can notice. She starts at Hrakar's shout, brought back to alertness.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

"Is there anything on this island that isn't disgusting?"

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Init: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (19) - 6 = 13

"Say, you fellers look a mite upset. I wonder what's going on..."

Eventually Ralf notices the living dead creatures down below.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The deceased sailors spend their first round emerging from the carcass of the ship, so you can all act before they do anything else.

You're up, all of you.

Battle map updated.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

I'll post my actions now, please put them in the correct order: Hrakar moves to M13 and unleashes a channelling effect meant to harm undeads:

Channelling:1d6 ⇒ 2


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

"I admit, I did see this coming," Torch says conversationally, falling back to lure the undead out of the confines of the ship. Going into full defense, then taking a move action to N13. Torch's AC is 20 against the AoOs that provokes.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf moves to K13 and zaps one of the living dead with a bolt of positive energy.

touch attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik moves to P14 and fires a Ray of Frost at the rotting sailor in N10.

Ranged Touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage (cold) 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Hrakar's healing energy wounds the living dead slightly, as does Gelik's magic, while Ralf's bolt goes wide. Torch withdraws, but takes a swipe to his chest for 6 points of damage as he does so. Aerys delays.

The zombies scramble out into the open, undeterred by the sunlight. You easily block their clumsy swings. Ishirou cuts down one of them and now you are up again.

Your turn.Map updated.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Grunting in pain, Torch begins to circle his target five foot step to O12 and tries to cut it down with his scimitar. Scimitar attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar steps back and channels positive energy again intent in destroying the undeads:

Channel energy:1d6 ⇒ 5

5-foot step to M14 then channel energy


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys longsword sweeps through the air at the nearest creature, attempting to sever its head from its body(K12).

Longsword power attack 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 22
Longsword power damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
Longsword critical confirm 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15
Longsword critical confirm 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf heals Torch, his poor aim not much of an issue now.

heal 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Your combined efforts cut down the remaining zombies, [ooc]netting you 133 xp each for the battle. A search of the ship turns up only meagre results, most of the contents having been washed out to sea: 13 gp and a masterwork studded leather armor.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Wiping the dead meat from her sword, Aerys is less than impressed by the remnants found in the ship. "An unwelcoming party, do all the wrecks around here have such friendly remains? I hope not. So onwards?" She starts a jaunty step along the beach.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik agrees. "A pittance, and a pity." He brushes his hands together, then adds, "Yes, let's not linger here. Bad vibes." He follows Aerys, though he struggles too much in the sand for his stride to be called jaunty.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"And now let's go on... possibly without rousing the ire of every stupid monster from here to this supposed treasure"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Survival 20:

Spoiler:
Passing along the beach you find a shed emerald skin that witnesses to the presence in the vicinity of an emerald boa, a large constrictor snake. Fortunately the owner of it doesn't bother you.

As a matter of fact you get as far as J15 without rousing any stupid monster and even then you only run into another wreck.

A ninety-foot-long shipwreck leans against the cliff side and several jagged reefs here, encrusted with salt and moss. Its masts remain intact, but the sails have long since rotted away. At the bow, a leering demonic figurehead of green-caked brass provides an intimidating greeting.

Knowledge (local) 15:

Spoiler:
The name of the ship is The Brine Demon.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik has no relevant skills.

Gelik looks up at the figurehead and shudders. He dismissively says"Pass" but then looks over at Torch, expecting his usual enthusiasm.

Does it look like it would be treacherous to try to board this ship? Something about the mention of cliffs and jagged reefs is giving me a mental picture of a challenging climb or swim.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys looks on, "Now that looks like it might provide a pretty picking or two. But how best to get there?" She seems deep in thought, as her eyes glaze over, she is motionless for sometime not speaking.

Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Profession(Sailor) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 to recognize the ship


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26. Can't make the Knowledge roll. Do any of us have Knowledge (local)? Might Ishirou?

Torch does not disappoint Gelik's expectations, surveying the wreck with open curiosity. "Looks like we might be able to climb to it," he answers Aerys speculatively. "A rope to belay us, just to be safe..."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You shouldn't have any difficulty climbing into the ship if you like.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"All right, let's get in there and take a look-see."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Wise from experience, you carefully enter the ship. A quick search reveals that the vast majority of its booty has long since either rotted away or been lost to the sea — much of the ship’s hull is missing, wedged tightly amid the jagged rocks. Yet an investigation of the captain’s cabin reveals a skeleton slumped on the floor, its bony hands clutching at a well-made, watertight darkwood coffer sitting in an opened secret compartment in a rotting desk.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch approaches the tableau carefully, looking over the coffer and the skeleton alike for clues as to the meaning - or any hidden dangers - it might present. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, +1 vs traps.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys follows Torch, a tear attempts to form in one of her eyes. "The poor captain, the last to leave the ship, even in death. We should honor his life and let his bones return to the sea. Torch what is he holding?" She lets her longsword relax, its point resting on the old wooden floor decking.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf tries detecting any magical auras in the ship.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch fails to spot any traps, and the only magical aura comes from the box, being rather muffled since it's not the coffer itself which is magical but rather something inside it. It's locked but does not seem trapped.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch reaches carefully out, murmuring a quiet prayer to Pharasma in apology as he pries the coffer free from the skeleton's bony fingers.

Assuming that doesn't cause anything untoward to occur...

Examining the coffer carefully, he produces a small set of tools and begins working on the lock. I will take 20 on the Disable Device check if possible. If not, the roll is 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch has no trouble getting the weather-worn coffer open. Inside it are three objects — a gold locket, a masterwork dagger, and several fat ledgers and journals. Only the dagger is magical.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

"The captain clutches the coffer still, even in death! That's a great idea for a song." Gelik ruminates over lyrics as he watches Torch investigate the intriguing item. "Open it!" he encourages excitedly, standing on tiptoes to see better. He also will pat down the captain's clothes and the floor all around the skeleton, looking for a key.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

"That dagger seems a mite magical, by the way," Ralf cheerfully points out as he goes into a bit of a trance considering the dweomer on it.

use focused trance on spellcraft check to identify and take 10 = 35


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The dagger is +1.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch hands the dagger off to his companions, looking briefly at the locket before setting it aside as well, then turns eagerly to the ledgers and journals. He begins to flip through them, hoping for a glimpse into the history and lore of the captain and his strange death.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar doesn't say a word but his scowl explains all that's needed about his mood.
"When will they learn? NOTHING good will come of this... I can see it already!"


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

"These things were precious to the captain, perhaps we should offer them with his remains to the seas?" says Aerys, "It's how I'd like to be treated in death, but then ..." her voice trails off as she thinks more.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf nods in agreement at whatever people are saying and adds "Who wants a magical dagger? How about you, miss? You never know when we might have to fight some strange beast that can't be harmed with normal weapons."

951 to 1,000 of 3,266 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.