Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Tom's Serpent Skull

Game Master Black Tom


851 to 900 of 3,266 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Well... what's the plan now? I favor starting to search for those betrayers immediately, whatever we do we need to do it now, waiting is not an option anymore"

Let's decide what to do and move on please


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

I'm happy with majority rule on this one. The only dissenter to following the tracks seems to be Ralf. Is he willing to take one for the team?"


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf is used to people not listening to him (and vice versa). He tolerantly follows everyone else. :-)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As you set out south you notice that moving along the trail is considerably faster. In a mere hour you almost reach the middle of the island.

I'd like a Survival check for tracking and some kind of marching order. Also Perception checks would be nice.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Survival (tracking) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23; Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

I suspect Torch would be in the lead, his wounds notwithstanding, given his capabilities.


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 to gather food
Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 aid Sam in tracking
Aerys will be in front of the 'squishy' party members, hoping to protect them. Following on the more aware party members, in a position to quickly aid their defense.


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik will try to aid Torch in tracking: Survival1d20 ⇒ 10 untrained

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Gelik maneuvers himself into the center of the formation.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Oh, yeah, Survival check for food-finding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Survival check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Perception check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Aid another check to help Torch hunt:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

There are several tracks going south, but distinguishing the captain's and Iaena's among them is almost impossible. Fortunately there is really only one way to go as the trail winds through a 10-foot-wide gulch here, flanked on either side by steep 50-foot-high slopes. Not
quite vertical cliffs, these slopes host numerous scraggly plants and a number of hanging vines.

As you make your progress slowly upwards suddenly Torch is yanked off his feet and pulled bodily 25 feet up the slope, a snare attached to a bent tree looping around his foot. He crashes into some carefully sharpened poles, impaled for 5 points of damage. He is also considered grappled.

Someone hidden at the top of the slope is trying to pull him upwards. Roll for initiative.

The Climb DC is 10 if you want to try to ascend.


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

init 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (17) - 6 = 11


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

"Oh... what is it now?!?"

Initiative Roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

As soon as it's Hrakar's turn he'll channel energy to cure torch, here's his roll 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Is the bad guy all the way up the slope? (i.e. 50 feet away?)


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

At some point, Tom, you and I need to have a talk about your dice.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa!" CRUNCH

And, well, initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys watches as Torch is being pulled upwards, "Leave him be or I'll be after you!" shouts Aerys at some invisible predatory foe. She starts to climb up towards those pulling Torch up.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

As said above Hrakar will channel energy to help torch and any others possibly injured.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Whoever is hiding up there (yes, at the top of the slope) wins initiative and brusquely drags Torch another 10 feet upwards, out of range of Hrakar's channeling.

You are all up. Aerys starts climbing but what do the rest of you do?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

I'm still grappled? Somehow the stakes are moving with me? Can I see who/what is pulling me?

Torch grits his teeth against the pain while he tries to pull himself free of the cunningly laid trap. Grapple check to escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 (or +1 to that if it's actually been a day since we left the fungus island - I've lost track).


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik will try to climb into range for his Beguiling Voice ability (30 ft - described below), using surprisingly commanding dulcet tones to daze the trapper.

climb1d20 ⇒ 3

If he duffs the climb roll, he'll use his Ghost Sound (DC 14) ability to make the noise of a very aggressive fangbird hissing to the trapper's flank, in order to distract him.

Beguiling Voice (Ex, 6/day, DC 13): At 1st level, you can use the sound of your voice to lull a target creature into taking no action. This ability acts as the daze spell, except it is language-dependent, has a duration of 1 round, and affects a living creature whose Hit Dice do not exceed your sorcerer level. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
As Daze: School - enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting] Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Dazed Condition: The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar throws his shield on the ground and starts climbing:

Climb check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Black Tom, you are rolling insanely good... beating an initiative check of 20 yet again?!? :D


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

If he's out of range of channeling, he's out of range of Ralf's healing spell, too.

"Hang on, young feller! We'll rescue you."

Ralf puts his shield away and starts to climb as fast as his feeble limbs will go.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You have indeed slept for a night after leaving the blighted island.

Torch cuts the rope and manages to hang on to some vines. The rest of you start to climb, but only Aerys and Hrakar make any headway, Aerys climbing 15 feet up and Hrakar 10. Torch is 35 feet up.

The cannibal at the top (what did you expect) breaks cover and flings a javelin at Torch, accompanied by some pretty colorful curses in pidgin Infernal. Torch is hit for 4 points of damage.

You are up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar keeps climbing

Climb check:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch roars out a curse of his own as the javelin creases ribs already wounded by the spikes. Painfully aware of his weakness, he nevertheless begins to scramble toward the top of the ravine in hopes of confronting his foe directly.

Climb check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Once again, Gelik will try to climb into range for his Beguiling Voice ability (30 ft - described below).

climb 1d20 ⇒ 13

If he doesn't make it within range, he'll use his Ghost Sound (DC 14) ability to make the noise of a very aggressive fangbird hissing to the trapper's flank, in order to distract him.

Beguiling Voice (Ex, 6/day, DC 13): At 1st level, you can use the sound of your voice to lull a target creature into taking no action. This ability acts as the daze spell, except it is language-dependent, has a duration of 1 round, and affects a living creature whose Hit Dice do not exceed your sorcerer level. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
As Daze: School - enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting] Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)


Female Human Fighter (Mobile) 5 HP:43/54 AC19/T13/FF16 (AC23vsAoO) Condition:

Aerys continues to climb aiming to engage the cannibal and capture him if possible.
Climb 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf gives up on climbing and pulls out his crossbow. His hands quiver so much that it would be a miracle if he hit anything.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 31d8 ⇒ 3


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch reaches the top and the cannibal takes a swipe at him but misses. Aerys is almost there and can reach the top with a move action.

Gelik and Hrakar are advancing steadily and Gelik is within range to use his beguiling voice, but the cannibal resists his lure.

Ralf loads his crossbow and fires, almost hitting Aerys.

You are up again.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch launches himself forward, ready to repay the cannibal for the pain he's suffered with interest. His scimitar still on the ground at the bottom of the ravine somewhere, Torch leads with the cestus on his left hand. It's a waste, but he's pissed me off, so I'm activating ranger's focus. Cestus attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar keeps climbing hoping to reach the top of the tree and help the wounded Torch.

Climb check:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Gelik continues to scramble up the slope, trying to maintain his Beguiling Voice (DC 13) as he does so.

Climb1d20 ⇒ 13

Beguiling Voice Used: 2 of 6


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf lamely fires another crossbow bolt, hoping for a miracle.

1d20 ⇒ 71d8 ⇒ 3


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ralf fires another bolt, while Gelik coos at the cannibal, who ignores him and takes a swing at Torch, who just landed a solid blow on his cheek. Hrakar approaches the top, and Aerys climbs up and then delays.

The cannibal missed so you are up again.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Grinning with a slightly-insane mix of pain and fury, Torch feints with his right hand and then sidesteps to try a shot at the man's kidneys with his left. 5 ft step to set up a flank with Aerys, next turn I'd think unless we're lucky, then cestus attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar will channel energy now he's near the others, as he knows Torch is badly wounded

Channel energy:1d6 ⇒ 6


Male gnome Sorcerer 5 (maestro bloodline) HP: 29/38 AC: 13/13/11 F+3 R+3 W+4

Frustrated by his continued lack of effectiveness, Gelik plants his spear in the sloped earth for stability, gripping it in one hand as he casts with the other.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14
1d3 ⇒ 1


male human oracle 5 (lore mystery, stargazer archetype, words of power)

Ralf gives up on his pitiful attempt at archery and goes back to a pitiful attempt at climbing.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torch lands a fierce blow to the cannibal's kidneys. Gelik tries to fire off a spell, but it is difficult to find the cannibal without hitting Aerys or Torch. Ralf actually makes some headway up the slope.

Hrakar, if you channel, you will heal the cannibal as well. Are you sure?


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

BT, it looks like Gelik's ray already has the firing-into-melee penalty built in. Are we giving him cover too?


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Yes, cuz I don't really want the cannibal to get lucky again and send Torch below 0 hp. Once we are all on top dealing with one lone cannibal shouldn't be a problem, but without our melee expert it might become one. Torch should be near dead and +6 hp help him more than the cannibal IMO

Hrakar starts climbing again hoping to reach the top and help the others.

Climb check:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I totally missed the included penalty. Yes, I'm granting him cover, not from you but from the crest of the hill. Still, he's near naked and raging, so Gelik actually hit.

The cannibal is refreshed by the healing energies, and shrugs off the ray that singes his arm, leaving a ream of frost. He takes another swing at Torch, misses and starts to back away.

But only 5 feet, so you will be able to flank him if you like.

You are up.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Did Hrakar reach the top of the hill?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

No, I'm afraid he's about 30 feet up. You climb at one-quarter speed unless you use accelerated climbing or I am mistaken.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

Torch runs down the withdrawing cannibal, a fresh burst of strength flooding through him from Hrakar's channel. Cestus attack, including a +2 bonus for flanking and righteous fury. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15, damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 sneak.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Well, then, that ends the cannibal. And earns you 120 xp each and a hero point for Torch for his unfailing ability to find trouble... er, heroics (you say tomato).

You can get up or down the slope at leisure now. The cannibal carries no valuables except a red pearl amulet, three javelins and a light shield. His scimitar is rusty and broken.


male half-elf ranger (guide) 2 / rogue 3

With Aerys' help, Torch strips the cannibal of the bits that seem valuable, with particular curiosity for the unusual amulet, which he hands over to Gelik and Hrakar in case it is more than it seems. Then, when an expression of satisfaction, he half-climbs, half-slides back down the slope to where his scimitar lies, readying it once again.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar looks at the amulet feeling unsure about it. He declines Torch's offer as he thinks Gelik to be more knowledgeable about such things.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I presume that you continue south along the path. After a while you come to a choice as a path branches off to the left while the main path continues south.

Also I'd like a Perception check.


Male Dwarf Cleric 02

Hrakar converts his shield of faith spell into a cure light wounds and heals Torch.

Cure light wounds:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Perception check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

851 to 900 of 3,266 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Serpent Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.