Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully)

Game Master Black Tom


401 to 450 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)
Black Tom wrote:
That's right but Spellcraft 20:** spoiler omitted **

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

;-P Do I get a bonus because I'm concerned about Ka'kara and watching her for any problems?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You just see Ka'kara screaming as some kind of insubstantial shape reaches into her chest.

Let's hope the Fortitude save goes better then. Fort 19 or die from fright.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

"What is it"? "What is happening"?


Female Human Barbarian 7

The fear overtakes all her senses for a moment before she suddenly stops screaming and a seeming sense of calm acceptance washes over her face. Knowing her death is upon her she gives one last sad look toward Roylenna and silently mouths, This is for the best.

Grizzly details of the fort save:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Ohhhhhhh, by the gods that was close...and GOTCHA! ;D


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

Spelcraft1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Spellcraft

"Wait"! "I have heard of such a thing". "It is called a Phantasmal Killer". "Ka'kara...Whatever you are seeing it is not real"!


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Squinting to try to see whatever assaults her sister, Roylenna asks, "What sort of creature is this killer?"

Unless having the name allows her a second try at the Spellcraft check, in which case:

Spellcraft second try: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Does she know anything about the spell?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yeah, you would know what's in the Core Rulebook.

Ka'kara takes 13 points of damage and looks a little pale, but otherwise she's fine. As you proceed down the narrow hallway you enter a small shrine devoted to Torag. A statue of Torag stands behind a small altar, but the statue has been desecrated with unholy water and innocent blood. A broken doorway leads onward to another chamber.

Also four wights (former villagers) lumber towards you with evil intent. Roll for initiative.


32/42 HP

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Lyria pulls out her holy symbol and readies herself for the coming battle with a short prayer.


Init. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

So would she be able to tell if this was cast as we approached or if it was a trap? Trying to see if she expects that there is a spellcaster near or not.

How wide is the hallway we are approaching through? Debating a Magic Circle against Evil to plug the hallway...


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Seeing the undead approach, Kem begins to prepare one of his special bombs.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Initiative


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ka'kara blinks a couple of times apparently surprised to still be standing amongst the living and then frowns deeply , "You...mean....it wasn't Gregori? What is a phantasmal killer?" She readies her greatsword seemingly uncertain about how to deal with the apparition should it return.

Onward to the wights: She appears to be more than willing to take out her frustrations on the former villagers with her sword.

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The spell was a trap and the corridor is 5 feet wide, so you are approaching in single file.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Init

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

init
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Lyria and Roylenna win initiative and may act, then the former villagers.


32/42 HP

Lyria raises her holy symbol and channels energy, hoping to burn the undead villagers before they can cause serious damage.

Channel Energy: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) + 6 = 21, DC 15 (they cannot add their channel resistance to their saves).


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Decisions, decisions. Reading the Magic Circle spell, I don't think it would have the desired effect.

Roylenna casts Scorching Ray on the two wights in the lead.

First Ray, touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 including +1 from PBS
Fire damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 6) + 1 = 15 including +1 from PBS

Second Ray, touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 including +1 from PBS
Fire damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 1) + 1 = 13 including +1 from PBS


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Lyria and Roylenna destroy two of the wights, but the last two inflict 10 points of damage and two negative levels on Ka'kara.

Now you all get to slay them.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Raging greatsword powerattack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (2, 2) + 19 = 23

Followed by a Raging greatsword powerattack cleave: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (1, 2) + 19 = 22

She looks to the claw marks left by the wights, "Ugh...the evil spirits touch always makes me feel sick."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Going to Rome again. Posting will be intermittent at best until Sunday.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The wights fall to Ka'kara's blade. netting you 457 xp.

Beyond an archway your magical lights illuminate another small room. There are carvings on the walls and the room is dominated by the statue of a man recumbent on a dais, his hand carved with a finger pointing to the ceiling. A large holy symbol of Torag is carved on the side of the sarcophagus that's turned towards you.


32/42 HP

Lyria enters the room carefully and begins to examine the carvings on the wall (if they relate to any story she knows), the ceiling above the statue and the holy symbol.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna joins her, moving the lights to aid the cleric's investigation and up to the ceiling to see what the statue is pointing at.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Not to distract you from your obviously important religious sarcophagus studies but your trusty barbarian is not looking terribly healthy. (-2 levels and down to 42 of 75 hitpoints) (actually her max is 65 because of the negative levels)

Ka'kara takes out her waterskin and makes a poor attempt to clean the ugly scratches left by the wights.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna is being Roylenna, easily distracted. And she can't do much to heal you - want a hit of Heavenly Fire?


"Lryia, could you take a look at our lady warrior? She looks ready to pass out on her feet!"


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

"Here,let me help".

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13 Cure Moderate Wounds

Wand of CLW 48/50

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CLW
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 CLW


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika once again back to making notes


Female Human Barbarian 7

Managing a tired smile on her unusually pale face, "Thank you Kem Het." She hefts her greatsword and glances at the sarcophagus, "Why is it always that we find ourselves desecrating some poor spirits rest?" She seems not to care or at least too weary to argue against it and instead keeps a watchful eye out for anymore of the walking dead.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"Actually, sister, if they are resting, we have been leaving them alone. It is the unnecessarily active ones that we have been dealing with. Oh, dear, you look pale - are you all right?"

Oblivious? Yes.


32/42 HP

Lyria continues to study the markings, lost in her thoughts about Gregori's death and the meaning of her life. She hears the others speak behind her but pays no special attention and continues to walk around examining the carvings, coming back to her senses only when she hears the sound of Kem Het's wand healing what's left of Ka'kara's wounds. Realising what happened, her face turns red. She moves near Ka'kara, and quietly whispers: "I'm sorry".


Female Human Barbarian 7

She manages another smile, "Not to worry, just keep wiping out hordes of them with that symbol and I'll eventually forgive you...." With a sigh, "Hopefully, I'll feel better after a good nights rest."


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

Lasair moves to the wall as well, her smoky eyes studying the carvings and symbols hungrily.

Knowledge Religion1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Knowledge history1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Before you can make much sense of the carvings, the undead spirit of Motembe rises incorporeally out of the sarcophagus, a twisted mockery of its former self.

Roll for initative.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 10


"Why do the undead seem to hate us?"

Init. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Roylenna squints at the apparition trying to decide if its a bad spirit or a good spirit. "Wasn't he a good person? Why would his spirit be evil?"


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Initiative.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Initative

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


32/42 HP

Lyria notices the spirit and quickly pulls out her holy symbol. Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

Init1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Before anyone can react Motembe's malevolent spirit reaches out with its wicked-looking claws and scratches Lasair for 26 points of damage and Lyria for 22. Both start bleeding profusely.

Now you are all up.


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

Reeling from the viscious slash, Lasair steps back giving herself room as her voice bulids in a lilting chant, her body taking on a corona of light before unleashing a brilliant beam at the vile spirit.

5ft step back, searing light
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
6d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 6, 3, 6) = 23


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna, alarmed by the spirit's effect on the healers, draws back and unleashes a rays of her own.

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 6) = 20
Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 6) = 13
Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 19


Artival fires off a magic missle, sending three of them streaking into the undead.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 3 = 12


Female Human Barbarian 7

Greatsword attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (4, 2) + 19 = 25
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 1

Shaking off the weariness, that seems to have set itself in her very bones, Ka'kara swings through the apparition with her greatsword.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika beging singing to inspire courage in her allies. (+2 attack/damage/saves vs fear effects)

401 to 450 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.