Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully)

Game Master Black Tom


301 to 350 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Bard 1

1d100 ⇒ 46

Tika again stops inspiring and babbles


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Confusion effect: 1d100 ⇒ 56

Roylenna begins abusing herself for 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 points of damage.


I hate Confusion spells!

Artival, realizing he did not trust the newcomer, takes a step backwards, so the traitor couldn't attack him, and fires off his trusty magic missle at the alchemist.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 3 = 10


Female Human Barbarian 7

As the rage leaves her she slumps visibly, but manages to dig deep and lift her heavy blade a few more times in reaction to the demon appearing again in front of her.

Hasted power attack with fatigue and inspire courage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Damage: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) + 16 = 30

Normal power attack with fatigue and inspire courage attack #1:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) + 16 = 24

Normal power attack with fatigue and inspire courage attack #2:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) + 16 = 28

Crit Confirm for Normal power attack and inspire courage attack #2:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) + 16 = 31

5' foot steps toward demon because she has reach. Not sure when the haste runs out. Has it already? If so, ignore the attack listed as hasted and subtract 1 more from her to hit rolls.


Female Human Barbarian 7

I went back and added up all my rage rounds because this battle is becoming so deadly. It appears I have miscalculated and still have two more rounds of rage. I am editing the post above to reflect she is still in rage. Added in miss chances for invisibility which I forgot earlier.

Still in the throes of rage she pounces with swift strikes on the reappearing demon.

Hasted power attack with fatigue and inspire courage: 1d20+17=26
Damage: 3d6+23=37
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 4

Normal power attack with fatigue and inspire courage attack #1:1d20+17=25
Damage: 3d6+23=31
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 70

Normal power attack with fatigue and inspire courage attack #2:1d20+12=32
Damage: 3d6+23=35
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 88

Crit Confirm for Normal power attack and inspire courage attack #2:1d20+12=17
Damage: 3d6+23=38

5' foot steps toward demon because she has reach. Not sure when the haste runs out. Has it already? If so, ignore the attack listed as hasted and subtract 1 more from her to hit rolls.

Ok, so hopefully that helps. I have 16 rounds total of rage. I counted only 14 used but if someone else wants to go all the way back to the old thread and double check my numbers it would be appreciated. There was a non-rage skeleton bashing round in there :)


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

I don't believe haste should have run out yet - how many rounds of combat have there been?


32/42 HP

Lyria just lies unconscious on the floor, heavily burnt from the rays hitting her and feeling life slowly draining away from herself.

Constitution Check (DC 10+1): 1d20 ⇒ 18 = Stable condition now, -1 HP

As the fight continues, Lyria's body somehow finds strength to keep breathing, although she remains unconscious.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

"Ow"! "Treacherous Devil's Spawn". "That hurt".

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Hasted, Mutagen, Spear Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Hasted, Mutagen, Spear Attack

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Damage


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Alright, you won't be able to kill each other before Ka'kara knocks you all out, so let's fastforward a bit, shall we?

The fiend is still invisible, but Ka'kara manages to land another two solid blows. It hisses in pain and annoyance. "You've bested me today, warrior lady, but the murder of your companion will forever stain your soul" it whispers before teleporting to safety.

I'll just assume that you don't linger but get your battered selves and Gregori's body out of her as soon as possible. Anyway, you get 1977 xp each for the battle.

As you eventually rejoin Prince Darnik he is saddened by your failure and even more by Gregori's sad fate. He understands that you are strapped for cash for raising your fallen comrade, and feeling responsible for sending you into that deathtrap, he suggests that you seek out a friend of his, a cleric of Iomedae named Father Elijan and mention his name. He owes Darnik a favor, so he'll raise your friend for free.


Nice encounter, BT. Do you mind spilling the beans on what he did to start the battle? I'm still a little confused on exactly what happened. Or since he got away, you might want to keep that under your hat.


Female Human Barbarian 7

The barbarianess' shoulder slump forward as the familiar wall of fatigue that comes after her rage hits her, "Murder my compa....". Only then do her eyes fall to the broken form of Gregori laying in a pool of his own blood, "By the spirits, no!" Her hand immediately goes to rubbing a all too familiar, for Roylenna, tattoo, "Not again..." She then gives her little sister a silent accusatory stare for a moment before looking away and gently picking up Gregori's body.

Her eyes seem distant and dull on the trip back and she either ignores or shakes off all attempts to talk.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Upon reaching Father Elijan, Ka'kara refuses to hear of him doing it for free and insists she pay to have Gregori brought back should his spirit want to do so. She feels it is completely her fault and she should pay the price.

She puts forward the axe of returning, her belt of strength +2, and her amulet of natural armor +1 to raise the money to pay for the Raise Dead and necessary 2 Restoration spells (7,000 gold).


32/42 HP

The cleric, regaining consciousness shortly after the battle, shakes her head slowly when she realizes the toll of the fight. She keeps staring at Ka'kara during most of the way back and is torn between wanting to comfort her and being ashamed to do so because of the guilt she feels for letting a friend die.

Eventually, she simply remains silent during the long way back, looking pale from the combined effects of her near-death experience and her emotional reaction to the fight. As soon as the group leaves the dungeon, she pulls up her hood, hiding her face.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Even the diminutive sorceress is quiet as they leave the dungeon. She uses her Heavenly Fire to revive the unconscious cleric, but otherwise, watches her feet, shoulders slumped, as they travel.

The news that someone will be able to revive Gregori, however, perks her back up. There's a spring in her step, even if the mood keeps her mum, as they seek Father Elijan.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem continues with the group looking from time to time at the wounds he himself had inflicted,and staying silent.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Hehe, no guilt here! I was too incompetent to actually injure anyone.


"Sorry Kem...I don't know exactly what happened back there," Artival says, choosing to address the minor skirmish, rather than the death of one of his companions.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

OK, I'll try to get the ball rolling. Sorry but right now I'm glad if I can manage hack'n'slash.

You ride westwards for a couple of days, following Darnik's map. Upon arriving in the village of Westlyn, almost immediately you see that things are amiss. Scorch marks cover the buildings and the grounds, the guardsmen are thin in ranks, their bodies bruised and bandaged, and the locals peer at you with suspicious eyes as you walk past. The bodies of villagers, goblins, half-orcs, ogres and guardsmen lie lined up along the road, their faces covered respectfully with canvas tarpaulins.

From the entrance to the village, you can make out a number of common folk boarding up windows and scrubbing away filth at the local tavern. A small shrine sits at the far end of the village square, and the market area is devoid of activity and the normal commerce that fills a village of this sort.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"My goodness! It looks like they fought a war here!"


"No doubt...I wonder what spurred this confrontation on?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Near the centre of the village a signpost indicates that the local tavern sports the imaginative name the "Tavern of the Road". The tables in the interior are broken and scarred with arrow marks and burns. The taproom is busy, with certain commoners cleaning up broken bottles.Among them is a certain oracle of Flame, so feel free to make your introductions.

The halfling innkeeper looks distraught and is reluctant to even speak to you, but can probably be convinced to put you up for the night. After all, the travelers were the ones that saved the inn from the attack.

Lasair:

Spoiler:
What you know is just that yesterday a mixed force of bandits, human, goblin, orc and ogre, attacked the village, and you were able to drive them off but with heavy casualties. You have no idea about their motives.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika eagerly asking and taking notes about the attack and the adventurers that saved the town.


32/42 HP

The cleric looks with horror at the rows of the dead. "So much death here." Thinking a bit she adds melancholicly "It seems that we bring death with us". After making the necessary arrangements, she joins the villagers in cleaning the mess, trying to chat with them and understand what happened.

If there any wounded left, Lyria will use all her spells to treat them.

If there are no important events, after helping the villagers, Lyria will also visit the village's shrine and pray for about an hour


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna will follow the cleric's lead, healing those she can with her ray and aiding with her heal skill. And chattering the whole time like they were old friends.


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

A strikingly beautiful flame-haired woman stands as he hefts a basket filled with broken glass off the floor. As she walks the debris over to the bar, she shakes her head, stopping to give the inn keeper a comforting pat on the shoulder as she sets it down.

Dressed as she is a long flowing dress with a bodice of tooled leather, sleeveles with straps loosely hanging about alabaster shoulders, she is clearly not a barhand, a fact reinforced by the longsword belted across her hips.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem Het walks around in a semi-daze. So much activity...and so much sorrow. Who would do such a thing. If these new companions would have him he would travel on with them. The dedication they show to bringing back the soul of one of their own touched him on a deeper level than he expected...still he must make peace with the one most effected by his actions.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35
Artival Brisboir wrote:
"Sorry Kem...I don't know exactly what happened back there," Artival says, choosing to address the minor skirmish, rather than the death of one of his companions.

"It is nothing". "If anything it is I who was at fault". "I should have trusted you"..."I am sorry".


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As you stroll towards the temple, you hear the unmistakeable sound of battle. A priest wearing the insignia of Iomedae is trying to stave off a horde of ragged, clearly undead villagers.

Roll for initiative.


Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dang, Artival's ready!

Roylenna, working to bring comfort to survivors, sees the sorcerer start hustling toward the temple and follows suit.


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

Lasair notices the newcomers leaving, a definite look of seasoned warriors to them. At the same time, every candle and lantern flame flickered, dancing as if blown by an unseen wind......towards the door....regardless of where they stood in the room.

"Not very subtle are you?" she mutters, grinning ruefully to herself.

As she walks out the door she sees the cleric being assaulted and hastens to come to his aid.

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Halfling Bard 1

Init

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


32/42 HP

Lyria seems not to notice the threat quickly enough to properly prepare herself.
initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Initiative


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Oh, good. The two reconciling from their little spat will be leading the charge. Call it a trust exercise.


Lol, we are team building, if you will. Kem, I need you to trust that Artival will catch you when you fall backwards...


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I don't think we'll need a map for now.

Outside the temple, a priest wearing the insignia of Iomedae (that also decorates the temple itself, is surrounded by five wights, who judging by their clothing are late villagers.

Artival and Kem Het beat their initiatives, so go ahead.

Perception 20:

Spoiler:
A hare is watching the scene from afar, nose twitching. The strange thing about it is that it doesn't seem to cast any shadow.


Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Artival's outstretched arm crackles ith energy as he fires off a ray of energy at the closest undead.

Ranged touch for electric substituted scorching ray 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Damage 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 5) = 12


32/42 HP
Lyria Ghoulbane wrote:
If there any wounded left, Lyria will use all her spells to treat them.

Did Lyria indeed use all her Channel Energies and heals? (i.e - were there any wounded villagers that needed treatment?)


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

I guess I need to know the same. Did I use up my Heavenly Ray for the day? Or did this combat become apparent before we could really start helping folks?


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Let's say you still have them, since the villagers tend to keep their distance to strangers.


Female Human Oracle of Flame 6

Black Tom:

If it's more than 30' away I automatically fail any spot checks.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The undead growl as Artival's magic strikes home. Kem hesitates as the undead mob rushes towards you (putting them within 30 feet of you but not quite reaching you).

You are up, all of you.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem creates one of his "special" bombs, and laughing maniacally lobs it towards a mass of the undead.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Alkahest Bomb
3d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 3, 4) + 3 = 17 Acid damage

"Take that" !


Artival fires a Magic Missle at the undead that he struck with his previous spell.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 3 = 9


32/42 HP

Lyria channels energy through her holy symbol, raising it and spreading the waves of energy all around to hit the wights.

Channel Energy Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 6 = 17. Their DC is 15, and they can't add their bonus to that.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Do any of the wights appear any the worse for wear? Trying to decide between spreading several small hits around or gambling on a big one.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Wow, you guys have been busy. My DSL died last Wednesday and have been catching up with everything since I got it back up Sunday.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Not having said another word during this trip the brooding barbarianess stalks along with the party, her flat distant gaze not even flickering to take note of the carnage around her. As we come upon the battle she releases an anguish filled scream of rage and leaps forward into the fray. The spirits that swirl into being around her seem to have a darker quality and writhe in unseen torment as they seek out living foes to kill.

Raging Greatsword attack on wight: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (1, 2) + 19 = 22
Raging Greatsword cleave attack on 2nd wight: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (2, 4) + 19 = 25
Spirit slam on priest of Iomedae: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage :1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

BT:
How far off is the hare? Is she getting closer to it by attacking the wights.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika sings to inspire the group and any possible allies


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna will target the least-damaged wight with her Scorching Ray.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Fire damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 6) + 1 = 18

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Fire damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 1) + 1 = 13

301 to 350 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.