Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully)

Game Master Black Tom


201 to 250 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The right-hand door leads you through a series of mostly empty (except for the odd piece of ugly decorations) weird hexagonal chambers, until you find yourself in a small barren chamber.

Inside the room is a small pentagram inscribed on the floor with a human skull in the center. When you approach, it rises into midair and the eye sockets glow with a red flame. It then speaks: “I am the Oracle, possessor of all knowledge. Ask what you wish and you shall learn the answer you seek.”


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

"Yeah I'm not even bothering to tryy and see the evil here, does anyone have any questions before I split this thing in half?" Gregori asks shifting into an attack stance.


Artival whispers to the others, "You think it would have any idea what was in that room we passed up? If there is something evil in there, we need to go back and finish it off."

I am talking about the paladin's tomb, just for the record.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

"Oh I don't know". "It looks pretty harmless just floating there asking questions". "Does anybody in our group notice what it is"?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Knowledge: Arcana

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Spellcraft


Female Halfling Bard 1

Knowledge arcana

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Knowledge religion

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"It's not just an old talking skull?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The Oracle of Rappan Athuk is renowned for being able to answer almost any question - for a price. You have no idea what else it can do but the mere fact that it has survived in this environment testifies to it being pretty resilient.


Female Human Barbarian 7

"The spirits often know things we do not but I have nothing to ask. Maybe we should come back if we come across something we want to know more about."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

There are no other visible exits from this room, so if you're neither going to smite it or ask a question, you should go back to the first room and try either the left door or the one straight ahead.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

{b]"OK!"[/b] The halfling turns around and marches into the previous room where she considers the remaining doors. She fishes for a coin in her coin purse. "Do we go right again, or flip a coin, or what?"


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ka'kara will do a quick search for secret doors in the skull room before leaving (feel free to make the roll if needed) and then picks the left door in the first room if she discovers nothing.


Female Human Barbarian 7

I am going to be out of town (at GENCON WHOOHOO!) til next Monday so please run Ka'kara until then. Thanks!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The left door leads to a short corridor with a door at the other end. That door opens into a room, which tells the story of a fierce battle. There are fragments of holy water flasks, blood spatterings, a broken
mace, used scroll paper and a dead body laid provisionally to rest with its arms crossed over its chest.

You hear a low growling coming from a passage at the other end of the room.


Artival detects magic to see if there is anything radiating in the room. He waits at the entrance while peering around the room, waiting for a more sturdy group member to lead the way toward the growl.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Ka'kara strides forward. "This is more like it. Here, kitty kitty! Lenna, can you provide a little light on the subject?" Unsure of the distance from this door to that passage - Ka'kara will move in 10' if it's 30' to the far door, 20' if it's farther. BT, you are welcome to over-rule if that makes no sense or I'm misunderstanding the layout.

The halfling squeezes forward enough to see the far passage and sends a glowing man-shape that way as far as her vision will allow. Is there an obvious cause of death on the body? A holy symbol visible, per chance? Regardless, she's not entering past the door until more party is in there or we think we know what we are up against.

"Ka'kara, those don't look like what you would use to fight a kitty. More like fighting dead things to me. Are you sure the body is really dead?"

Ka'kara looks down at the apparently-deceased. "Looks dead to me. Something growling sounds not-dead to me. Here, kitty kitty kitty."


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

"Sounds like whatever won this fight is still here." Gregori says fanning out to cover more of the room.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

At the sound of the growl, Kem prepares a surprise (Bomb) for whatever lurks there.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 Perception


Female Halfling Bard 1

"Maybe it's an undead Kitty?" Tika suggests


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"Oh, you're right! That could be it!"

She looks to see if the dead man looks like he was mauled by an undead cat. A big one.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Well, he's had his throat ripped out by some sort of beast, so a big cat is entirely possible, undead or not.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna moves into the room now that a couple of the warriors have done so, pushing her man-light farther into the far tunnel when she gets a better angle and examining the deceased more closely.

Heal check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Ka'Kara taps her foot impatiently.


32/42 HP

Lyria enters the room with the others, and notes quietly that some humanoid probably arranged the corpse's body after its death. She tries to remember if she knows anything about such a ritual in any familiar culture. Also, she examines the corpse more closely in order to get a hint about its time of death or any other interesting detail.

Heal check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The corpse looks quite fresh, just a day or so, and seems like it was attacked by a large dog or wolf.

As you enter the room, you see a young blonde male cleric wearing the insignia of Iomedae, brandishing a mace at six werewolves in hybrid form that are locked behind bars in the back of the room, but the bars and lock look old and rusty and creak ominously as the werewolves shake them.

The cleric turns to you and sighs. "Thank Iomedae that you are here."


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"Looks like you should thank her that you were able to back half a dozen foes into a cell by yourself after your friend was killed to me."


"What has happened here? How did you force them into that cage?". Artival had learned to not trust so easily, especially down here.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem eyes the stranger as the others talk to him.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 Sense Motive


Female Human Barbarian 7

The barbarianess just grins and swings her great-blade experimentally, "Let them come." She then shakes her head sadly, "Such waste of rage...if only they learned to focus their anger..."

Thanks for doing a great job as usual Roylenna :)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The priest wipes his brow. "It was a tough fight. It took almost all I had, and I had to summon help to handle them at all, and even then they killed Ansgar, my poor cohort. I haven't been able to raise him yet."


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Gregori raises an eyebrow,staring at the young cleric, then the werewolves, but remaining silent.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Suddenly the world seems to spin before your eyes. Dazzling lights flash from all corners, blinding you. With a hiss and a roar, Gregori disappears. Across the room, he reappears right where the cleric was standing, in front of a huge demon, fully nine feet tall, with the head of a vulture, huge bat wings, talons like razors, and flames licking from his goat legs! The werewolves take the opportunity to break out of their confinement and turn towards you and attack, their forms mutating to that of a half jackal, half man.

Roll for initiative, and I'll get a map up as soon as I can.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

WTF????

1d20 ⇒ 12


Init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Halfling Bard 1

Init

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Oh dear."


Female Human Barbarian 7

Lol, I don't know Gregori but it seems bad...you know, perhaps if you detected evil more often... ;)

initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 14


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Dang post disappeared for some reason.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Initiative

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Knowledge: Nature


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Map is up, and the demon goes on 14, so Artival, Tika and Kem Het beat its initiative. The jackal-men go on 7.

Gregori:

Spoiler:
You feel pulled into the room by some kind of magic. Worse, you find yourself inside the demon, seemingly fighting yourself. The demon's roaring masks your attempts to communicate with your teammates.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika uses Inspire courage on the group before (+2 attack/damage) moving behind Ka'kara


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

So Initiative looks like this?

24 Tika Inspiring Courage +2 to attack/damage
21 Kem Het
18 Artival
14 Demon Guessing the demon won the tiebreaker
14 Ka'kara
12 Gregori
07 Roylenna Hoping +4 wins the tiebreaker
07 Jackal-men
?? Lyria


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

That is correct, down to the tiebreakers.


Know. planes 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Artival casts a spell, getting the demon andUp to five of his jackal men in the area, trying to overcome their resistance and limit their mobility.

Cast Slow.
DC 18 Will save

Caster check for SR 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Seeing the arrayed Werewolfs, Kem retrieves, and applies his dose of Silversheen.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Artival manages to slow three of the jackalmen, but the demon is unaffected. It slashes at Gregori but seems to have trouble finding purchase.

Gregori:

Spoiler:
Since your friends can't see you, please post your action in a spoiler. If you'd post a fake attack I'd me much obliged. Have a hero point so far, and there may be more, depending on how obnoxious this battle gets.

Gregori, Ka'kara and Roylenna are up, then the jackalmen.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna casts Haste, catching as many party members as she can. Based on the positions on the map, that would be everyone but Tika.


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Black Tom:

Drawing on the inner wealth of blazing divine fury granted by his goddess Gregori reaches out with his mind, calling to the sacred spirit tied to his sword, the chill dark metal blade shimmering with a golden light as the edgees seemed to glint with razor sharpness.Standard action, Weapon bond, keen added to +1Frost Coldiron longsword. 17-20 crit range

As he does so he focuses, healing power flowing into him, preparing him for the battle of his life. Swift action, Lay on hands (self) heal 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7hp.

Below is fake post

Gregori shield comes up to deflect the demon's attacks, his sword swinging in a high arc, attempting to bite into the fiend's neck.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6) = 15


Female Human Barbarian 7

The barbarianess moves directly opposite Gregori to provide flank and slashes at the vulture-like thing and a jackle-man.

Move to i-25 and use cleave.

Raging power attack with flank and inspire courage (haste will affect her next round):1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (1, 2) + 21 = 24

Acrobatics to move up if the demon has reach:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

If hit demon then Cleave on Jackle-man (one of the two next to her which is not slowed if possible): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (3, 3) + 21 = 27

EDIT: Whoops, just realized she can't cleave unless the jackle-man is directly adjacent to the demon. So move her to i-23 instead and just count the first attack against the demon.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ka'kara's sword bites into the demon. The non-slowed jackalweres gang up on Ka'kara and one hits for 5 points, while the others give Gregori a wide berth as they creep up on you. Their gaze makes you dizzy. Will 12 if you don't avert your eyes.

Your turn. The demon delays so you can all act.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Does Tika's inspire courage bonus affect the Will save?

I suggest that Lyria readies her mace and shield for a first round action.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna says calmly, "I think some are coming around from our left," as she steps behind Artival into I17 as she casts. Begins casting Enlarge Person on Ka'kara, takes effect next round.


Artival fires off a magic missle at the closest jackal man.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 3 = 12

201 to 250 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.