Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully)

Game Master Black Tom


151 to 200 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

32/42 HP

Lyria picks up the masterwork heavy mace, dropping her own lower-quality mace. "I didn't use the old one, but I guess the new mace should be more effective if I will ever need to use it. It also looks better".


"Grab all of it. Anything that will help you keep the monsters off me would be awesome!"


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Nodding in agreement, "He has a good point there."


"Keep the monsters off us, I mean," he says with a flourish, grinning at the halfling.


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Gregori chuckles picking up the hammer and arrows.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Delving deeper then?

I'm back.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Welcome back!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Really, where do you want to go? Do you want to try the stairs? Or do you want to go visit Saracek?


im all in for visiting Saracek! Til he kills us all, that is.


Female Human Barbarian 7

How are we doing resource-wise? I need a little healing and have run through a decent amount of my rage.


I've got about half of my spells left. Might be wise to hit one or two more rooms, then take a break for the night.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

"I have the ability to close some of your more serious wounds, if anyone is hurt", Kem volunteers.

I have three second level slots, and five first level slots for cure Moderate, and/or Cure light. Feel free to take what you'd like, and roll the curing damage.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 7) + 5 = 17

Ok, back to full. Let's go smack around something else.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna is almost out of Haste spells for the day, but otherwise, she's nearly at full.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

I suppose you'll be pressing on then. The question is if you will continue your search and go downstairs or if you want to explore the crypt of Saracek.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna's not inclined to choose. She'll go wherever her friends want to go.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Unless convinced otherwise Ka'kara is not inclined to go disturbing the resting places of anyone (evil or otherwise) that are not actually causing anyone any difficulties or troubles.


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Gregori's still got at least 1 use of each major ability left.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Stairs it is then. After checking the stairs for traps you descend carefully. The stairs end in a rocky tunnel, which soon opens into a huge cavern, with dozens of rat tunnels along the walls and ceiling. The roof of the cave is too high to see, and bats swarm about in torchlight. The way is rocky, and you hear running water in the cave, somewhere out in the distance. In glowing green letters above the tunnel exit is inscribed, Beware of Purple Worms! Spiegel the Arch Mage.

Soon after you enter you are beset by a bunch of giant rats, but you make short shrift of them.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna sends her ubiquitous dancing lights out to shine on the walls and ceiling (if it's in range) of the massive cavern.

By 'tunnel exit', do you mean we walked under this warning as we exited the tunnel? Or that is it over the mouth of the tunnel facing into the cavern when we look back?

Have I ever heard of this Spiegel? Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Nope, guess not.


Female Halfling Bard 1

"Hmmmm" Tika wracks her brain to see if the name is familiar as well

Knowledge Arcana (let me know if any other checks would be applicaple)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Female Human Barbarian 7

Seeing the glowing letters Ka'kara begins looking about her on the floor, "Why do you think worms would be dangerous?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The letters are before you, as the tunnel widens into a cave. The cave roof is full of stalactites, but otherwise unremarkable.

Spiegel isn't known to you, but probably he's not quite as powerful as he would have people believe.


32/42 HP

"Does anyone know anything about Purple Worms specifically?", Lyria says before advancing to examine the writing more carefully and casting a detect magic spell.

I will be travelling during the next week and a half, so my internet connection might be spotty.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Would that be a Knowledge (Dungeoneering) check? I don't have any ranks in that particular skill.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

It would indeed. By the way, I haven't posted a map, because so far there is really only one way to go.

The letters radiate faint illusion magic.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Knowledge Dungoneering

Using lore master ability for a result of 29


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Purple worms are huge creatures, capable of swallowing you whole, and while a stinger that is so poisonous that it is prizes by assassin. They are also burrowers, and they can feel you coming by your footsteps so watch your step.


Female Halfling Bard 1

"Lets see big enough to eat someone in one bite, very poisonous, they tunnel and hunt by feeling vibration on the ground" Tika explains reading out a page of a journal.


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

"Excellent, because I was getting bored with giant rats and undead heroes".Gregori mutters dryly.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ka'kara smiles broadly, "Me too. I was worried they would be they boring small kind."


"Let's go find us a purple worm then! Sounds fun..."


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ka'kara heads across the cavern.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika follows behind


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Caught daydreaming again, Roylenna hustles to catch up to the other halfling as she directs her lights around the cavern and up ahead, keeping them away from the party members themselves.


32/42 HP

Lyria examines the writing more carefully, but as the others begin moving away across the cavern, she joins them.


Artival follows the group, knowing strength in numbers was the way to go down here.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem shrugs his shoulders, shakes his head, and moves forward.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry about all the delays. Conference in Amsterdam really took a chunk out of me. Now resuming.

The cavern is huge and filled with all types of fungi. Rats clatter along the walls. Several large piles of dung lie about, left by an enormous creature. An underground river roars with sound, winding its way through the cavern and then down deeper into the earth.

A quick passage around the cavern turns up a lot of twisting tunnels, but they all turn out to be blind alleys except one that ends in a door. That is, unless you'd like to follow the river downstream.

You can make Search checks if you'd like to examine the droppings or look for secret doors, but it might be dangerous to dally in the chamber and it will take considerable time to search all of it.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ka'kara not being one to search any creatures droppings wrinkles her nose and suggests going through the door. She does appear disappointed that whatever made the droppings hasn't shown up yet though...

Perhaps someone wishes to sweep the area with Detect Magic while we go through. Should detect anything in the piles of dung.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Ooh, ooh, pick me!

Roylenna casts Detect Magic periodically and sweeps the room as they walk, pausing to adjust the position of the lights from time to time. She still takes care to keep them away from the party - if they attrack undue attention, she would rather it be 40' to their left (as an example) rather than right on top of them.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem keeps his eyes peeled as the party proceeds. No need to step into or on something we shouldn't".

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Perception


Female Human Barbarian 7

Humoring Lenna, Ka'kara follows her protectively but glances back to Tika when the sorceress is not looking. Her look seems to indicate that she isn't confident that her little spell-slinging sister can tell the difference between a pile of dung and something that will try and eat her. That, and the fact that Lenna is easily distracted by anything shiny...


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"Oh, what's this?"


Female Halfling Bard 1

"We are not rooting through mounds of dung I dont care how priceless it is."


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

"Agreed!"


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Giggling, "Just kidding!"


32/42 HP

Lyria moves around the piles of dung, casting a spell of her own to detect anything magical, but moving together with the group, as she obviously prefers to stay there as short as possible.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

There is nothing magic in the droppings, and nowhere else except for you and what you are carrying.

After searching the door for traps, Ka'kara ventures to open it. You enter an oddly shaped but empty (except for a number of dire rat galls strewn about the floor) room with three visible doors, one to your left, one to your right and one straight ahead.

Sorry about the delays. Will try to pull myself together. Also I hope you can do without a map of the room. I'll try to get a map up when you need one.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ka'kara opens the right-side door.

151 to 200 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.