Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully)

Game Master Black Tom


51 to 100 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Roylenna manages to help the ogres sort out the coins and their differences and some sort of calm is restored to the room. That's when you hear a muffled groan from behind the door in the back.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Uh-oh, even Pollyanna, I mean, Roylenna doesn't think that's a good sign.

Bluff 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

"Oh! I didn't know you had another friend down here! It sounds like they might be hurt!"


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Gregori allows his vision to shift, glaring deep into the souls and deeds of the ogres, while keeping his expression unchanged.

Detect Scumbag


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ambro makes an offhand gesture. "Oh, that's not a friend, that's dinner. Would you like to stay and share it?"

Gregori:

Spoiler:
Ambro radiates faint evil, but the other's auras are weaker than the ambient evil of the place.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"What is it? A pig? A lamb?"

An alchemist? Ooh, the natural seasoning of a good alchemist... I mean, how awful!


Artival looks uneasily around at the group, wondering how the conversation was going.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

In Common "Oh! Sorry! They were having a misunderstanding about the sorting of their coins - see these copper pieces? and I helped them with that. I asked about the noise I heard coming from the door over there, if it was a friend that was feeling ill, and they said it was supper."

She moves toward the door.

Giant:
"Can I see what's for supper?"


Female Human Barbarian 7

Hmmm, perhaps someone here was going to have to be taught a lesson by her sword after all...


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The ogres shrug, but it seems an argument is brewing. As Roylenna opens the door it reveals a room full of filthy piles of fur. An inexpertly bound and gagged human man looks pleadingly at you.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"Why, there's a man tied up in here!"

Giant:
"I don't see any food in here. Just this poor man and lots of furs. Did you catch all these animals yourselves?"

Roylenna moves into the room with purpose and, telling him in Common to stay quiet, takes the man's gag off.

Hope y'all are ready, 'cause she's gonna start a fight.


Female Halfling Bard 1

Tika whispers to Roylenna

"You think you could convince them that the guy tastes awefull or something?"


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Whispers back, "It'd be easier if we have something else to feed them."


Female Halfling Bard 1

"What if we offer to get them something?"


Artival, listening to the ladies, feels he has to add to the conversation. "We can get them something now, but what happens when they get hungry again. We all know, they are going to go looking for a yummy humanoid type. Unless you can change their outlook through discussion, we are going to have to forecefully change their outlook."


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Gregori turns his soul searching gaze on the bound man assessing whether the man was worth the risk to his friends.

Detect Evil


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 Bluff - Non verbal communication

The bound and gagged figure's eyes widen upon seeing possible rescue. He begins to squirm, and nod, and gesture with any movable body part trying to communicate something to his saviors...but seems to come across as having a bad itch with no way to scratch it.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Plainly growing tired of all the conversation she can't understand and everyones indecision, the barbarianess strides over to the bound man and brings out her greatsword. She slices through the ropes and says to him, "Now remove that thing from your mouth and tell me how you ended up here."


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)
Roylenna Brenoien wrote:

"Why, there's a man tied up in here!"

Roylenna moves into the room with purpose and, telling him in Common to stay quiet, takes the man's gag off.

Hope y'all are ready, 'cause she's gonna start a fight.

He should already be sans gag.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Ah, well she'll free him anyway in the hopes it gets a reaction from either him or the ogres.


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Readied action. Trigger, one of the ogres makes aggressive movement towards Ka'kara/ the prisoner.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (1) = 10


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Some of the ogres look a bit upset at you messing with their dinner but Ambro mostly looks amused. Everybody knows that alchemists taste funny anyway.

Depending on how you'd like to handle the situation, you could roll for Diplomacy, Intimidate or just for initiative.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Post monster ate my long post :-(

"Well as to who I am, and what I'm doing here, that is a story for less stressful times". "Perhaps it shall suffice for now to say that my name is Kem Het". "I found myself employed by these monsters as a cook, due to that being the preferred choice at the time...and they have recently decided that since my cooking is so delectable that I myself must be even more so". "I am inclined to disagree".

"Now if you can help me find my bag, and weapons, perhaps we can get out of here".

Kem Het moves to arise unless restrained.


Female Halfling Bard 1
Roylenna Brenoien wrote:
Roylenna Brenoien wrote:

"Why, there's a man tied up in here!"

Roylenna moves into the room with purpose and, telling him in Common to stay quiet, takes the man's gag off.

Hope y'all are ready, 'cause she's gonna start a fight.

He should already be sans gag.

"I still think we can talk them out of wanting to eat him. In fact....." Tika casts a tongues spell on herself.


32/42 HP

Sorry for being away for so long, but I'm back now...

Lyria moves towards Kem, waiting for the ogres to be distracted in order to quietly escort him out of the room. Meanwhile, she examines him quickly for any sign of injury.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Kem is all right but I'm still waiting for that Diplomacy check (or equivalent). The ogres haven't survived in this environment by tangling with well-armed parties so they aren't really itching for a fight, but you still need to make an effort.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Roylenna's no diplomat, but I'm not sure who else has Giant in their repertoire (other than Tika at the moment). I can go for the bluff if no one else can do the diplomacy roll.


I'm decent at Diplomacy, but I don't speak Giant. I think we need to wait on Tika.


Female Human Barbarian 7

Well you did have that awesome diplomacy check to start this all off Roylenna so don't sell yourself short. When it comes to ogres you are a charmer ;)


Female Halfling Bard 1

sorry was waiting to see if anyone else had any suggestions

In now fluent Giant Tika begins to speak to the Ogres

Spoiler:

"You really dont want to eat that man...I mean look at him He's so hairy and gods knows where he has been before he got here. If I were you I wouldent even touch him never mind eat him. You know that they say a good cook means a terrible taste right? I'm sure there are plenty of other things in these caves and tunnels much better tasting and far more nutritonal than a dirty foul scragly human."

Diplomacy

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)
Ka'kara Furyheart wrote:
Well you did have that awesome diplomacy check to start this all off Roylenna so don't sell yourself short. When it comes to ogres you are a charmer ;)

Yeah, but cute as she is, she's no fool. Two such checks in a row are just not likely enough...

Giant:
"Oh, yes, I had forgotten that. And look at his fingertips! Those stains? Likely as not, he works with poisons so much, he's poisonous to eat now!"

Diplomacy Aid Another 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Finally persuaded by the eloquent halflings, the ogres (after a certain amount of squabbling) shrug and let the alchemist go.

You get 914 xp for this.

Where do you want to go next?


32/42 HP

Lyria leads the others back to the second door on the right, next to the room with the magical broom.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The second door is not locked and there is no sound coming from it, so you enter. This looks like some kind of storage closet.

Along the walls lie piles of wood and tools, neatly stacked. A large box sits in the center of the room. Various carpentry equipment used for making coffins is stored here, including 120 8-foot-long 2x4s, 3 hammers, 2 saws, one axe, a chisel and 10,000 rusty but usable nails in an iron box. There are no visible exits.

The next room is occupied with 3 bloated female dire rats and their brood. I won't even bother to roll if you decide to kill them, which you will have to if you want to search the room. The only exit is a number of rat tunnels.

That is the last of the doors. The corridor continues about 80 feet, where a passage branches off to the right, ending in a door, while ahead there is a dead end.

I do intend to update the map soon. It's just that right now I'm spending my weekends flitting around like a euphoric faerie dragon. It's a good thing you guys are a patient lot.


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem Het rushes around gathering his things, mumbling under his breath, and shooting dagger like glances at the ogres. Finally he rushes to join the rest of the party.

"Well ya see it's kind of a long story...and I know difficult to believe...but here it is". "I was just minding my own business, me and my truffle hog Daisy, hunting for some truffles a couple of miles from here, when these hungry Ogres came upon us by surprise". "Got the jump on me I'll tell you they did". "Course, I was more worried about Daisy, than myself, but one of them got in a lucky shot with a log harder than even my head". "Har...Har...Harr".

"Well when I finally came to we was here in this place, and my poor Daisy" (At this point Kem takes a soiled cloth from his breast pocket, and dabs his eyes, before noisily blowing his nose into the cloth, pausing for a moment to examine it's contents before continuing.)"Well I was able to convince them that I could make poor Daisy taste better than anything they'd ever eaten before, so I proceeded to do so". "At that point they decided that as long as I made all their food taste good, they'd keep me around"..."Which worked out pretty good till I ran out of Red Pepper". "So just before you'uns showed up they'd decided that I'd lost my touch, and since I was already here and they didn't have to chase me down...well you know the rest of the story".

"I'm much obliged to you all for saving my sorry skin by the way". "Iffen you don't mind I'd kinda like to stick around you guys for company till I...we can get outta this place". "I'm pretty good with mechanical things, like locks, and traps". "I can mix up several fancy brews, and exploding things, and am capable of helping when you're hurt as well".

Kem Het then goes quiet for a bit before barging in again, "Where the blazes are we" by the way, if you don't mind me asking".


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

With a twinkle in her eye, Roylenna responds, "A couple of miles from where you were captured, like you said."


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35
Roylenna Brenoien wrote:
With a twinkle in her eye, Roylenna responds, "A couple of miles from where you were captured, like you said."

Lol. That's what I get for typing the first half of my post an hour before the second half.


M Aasimar Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light ) 5

Gregori grins at Roylenna's quip, looking at Ka'Kara and nodding before descending on the filthy direrat infestation, blade flashing.


"It'll probably be a while before we try and head out of here, as we've got quite a bit of exploring to do today."


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)
Kem Het wrote:
Lol. That's what I get for typing the first half of my post an hour before the second half.

hehe, could not pass that one up.

Roylenna grins and tries a serious response this time. "We're under some nasty old cemetery and mausoleum. What's it called again?" She looks to the others for the answer to her question.


Female Human Barbarian 7

With a broad smile, "Oh, thank the ancestors! Someone who knows how to cook! Now, lets see what is on the menu for tonight." Holding up a now dead bloated dire rat by its tail, "What can you do with this? Gregori, (nodding toward the paladin) seems to have grown a taste for them...but my sisters (nodding down toward the halflings) always seem to cook them until they resemble charcoal heavily seasoned with 'Lenna's spell reagents." She wrinkles her nose up in distaste at the apparent memory.


Female Halfling Bard 1

"What do you mean burnt?."


AC 17, (18) / HP 35/35

Kem wrinkles his nose at the Dire Rat. "Well I suppose I could make it palatable if not enjoyable". "I'd prefer we look around a bit however, and see if we can come up with something more fitting". "Even the Ogres ate better than that".

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Profession Cook (To see if he thinks he can do anything with the rat)


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Palatable if not enjoyable is about right.

And I finally got the map updated. You've almost explored the entire dungeon level. Where to next?


"There's that hallway we haven't completely explored yet."

It is down near 21 on the map.


Female Human Barbarian 7

After handing Kem the rat by the tail she leans close to Gregori and whispers while trying to stifle a grin, "I think he is actually considering making it for you. Now...don't be ungrateful." Before he can respond she strides the direction Artival just indicated, "Yes, let's go that way.

I may be posting erratically over the next week as I'll be on vacation. Please run Ka'kara as needed. Thanks.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

Going anywhere exciting? I just got back from Great Sand Dunes - definitely someplace I would recommend to anyone.


32/42 HP

Lyria rolls her eyes after Kem seriously thinks about cooking the dead vermin. "Thank you for your offer, but I believe I'll be healthier and happier with simple travel-rations".


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Strangely, the corridor ends in a dead end.

Perception 15:

Spoiler:
Of course there is a secret door (at the end of the left wall). It does not seem to be trapped and when you open it a horrible stench of carrion wafts towards you. A narrow passage winds its way further in. You hear a distant chattering inside.


Female Halfling Sorcerer (celestial)

"That's weird."

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 1


Female Halfling Bard 1

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"Not really there's a door at the left wall cant you see it?"

51 to 100 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Rappan Athuk (now dotted, hopefully) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.