Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Tom's Castle Whiterock

Game Master Black Tom


251 to 300 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You load up the wagons with defeated slavers (they all seem to be sporting the same tattoo) and loot and tie the horses to the wagons.

The journey back is uneventful and as you approach Byrny, you are met by a small contingent of the city guard.

Perception 14 or Knowledge (local) 12:

Spoiler:
There is something wrong with their uniforms. They're wearing the wrong kind of boots and are sporting clubs instead of swords.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Hi, there!" greets Zababa. "We've got some slavers to turn over to you fellows. Where's the gaol in Byrny we should take them to?"


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

TOrric watches with some caution as the small group of the city guard approaches. Why are they meeting us out here? Could they be in league with the slavers? He keeps one hand on the hilt of his weapon in a casual, non-threatening manner.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


DC 14 Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Tyros smiles upon spotting the city guards, and waits to hear their response to Zababa's question.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)
Black Tom wrote:
The guard captain answers: "Actually, we can take it from here. Well done, guys. Have you been able to rescue any of their victims?"

"But, we're going into town anyways and they're all chained up to the wagon we are taking into town, and you must have something you were doing out here besides waiting for us..." wondered Zababa.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"But, if you insist, we'll let your ride with us back to the sheriff!" he says, happy to help the town guard.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

OK, time to roll for initiative as the guard captain starts to cast a spell.

I'd like to know whether you are on foot, on the wagon or on horseback before I put a map up.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric is on foot.

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa is riding in the wagon.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Tyros is walking.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Melima is walking with Hector.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

All of you except Melima beat their initiative, so go get them.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric throws a handaxe at the closest guard.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Runs into the thread and daubs a large dot on the side of a nearby building, before running away.


Round One:

Tyros steps forward and quickly casts a spell, causing a cone of searing flame to shoot forth from his fingertips and wash over the spell-casting guard captain and the two guardsmen behind him. The half-elf sorcerer then draws his fauchard as the flames die away.

5 ft step to square K,48. Standard action to cast Burning Hands; 15 ft cone should catch the Guard Captain in square L,46 and the two guards in squares J,45 and L,45. Move action to draw fauchard.

Burning Hands Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3; Reflex DC 15 halves

Tyros' AC: 14
Tyros' HP: 3/11


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 1

"What's going on here? You're not really in the town guard, are you?" Zababa exclaims in an accusative tone. Standing up, the otherwise genial Halfling draws his sling to pelt the Guard Captain with a bullet.

Attack (Sling, Sneak Attack against Flat-Footed): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Zababa and Torric hit their targets and then Tyros scorches them. One of the guards flees. The guard captain hit Tyros and Torric with a barrage of shimmering colors (Will 15 or be knocked out. Another of the goons hits Zababa for 7 points of damage, while another tries to engage Melima, but misses.

You are up. Map updated.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

If that's color spray, isn't it a 15' cone? which would mean Torric is out of range of it from where the Guard Captain is. If I'm wrong, here's my save:

will save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

I can't seem to open my profile - it keeps going to a Paizo product when I try, so the link is messed up somehow. But I'm sure my bonus, if any, is not enough to come up to 15, lol


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

If I'm right about the color spray not reaching him,

Torric will attack the Guard in front of him, drawing his scimitar, and raging.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16\

dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


DC 15 Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Tyros takes a nap.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Melima still needs her turn in Round 1

Round 2

Zababa brings out another bullet, and winds up on the Guard Captain again - unfortunately without the advantage of surprise.

Attack (Sling): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Tam, that's your cue. You can put yourself anywhere you like on the map and take an action, especially since Melima seems to be out of it.


Tam whistles as he strolls up the road from town. His day has been pleasant enough so far but that appears to be taking a turn for the worse. Up ahead he sees a group of guardsmen who appear to be attacking a group of people leading a wagon of people in chains. He's surprised when it erupts into sudden violence and one of those guarding the wagon exclaims that the group are not from the town guard.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Tam scrutinises their uniforms and realises that they appear to be rather shabby forgeries. With growing concern, he casts shield of faith upon himself and draws his scimitar and shield.

AC is 19 for ten rounds. I can't see the map but place me 20' away from the rearmost bad guy.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Melima puts a crossbow bolt in the ruffian that is charging her and Hector and he thinks better of the whole thing and runs off. The guard captain curses and casts another spell, knocking Melima out with another blast of color. Hector disappears in a wink.

One of the other guards charges Tam but the latter has no trouble fending off his clumsy blow. The last guard takes a half-hearted swing at Zababa but misses.

Tam and Zababa to go.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Torric should go now as well, if I remember the order correctly.

Round 3

Zababa drops his sling, draws his dagger, and tries to stab at the last guard to get him to back away.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

"Bad town guard, bad!"


Tam parries the clumsy blow of the so-called guard and attempts to ring the man's bell with a blow of his own.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Have that, you blaggard!" Tom cries as he draws blood.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Cursing, the guard captain backs off, takes out a scroll and reads it and promptly disappears from view. As their illusionist master is out of the action, and they still face two powerful adversaries, the cleric and rogue, the morale of the ruffians break and they run away.

Are there any more grognards like me that come to think the same thing?

Tam and Zababa to go. Torric was taken out by the first Color Spray. I just hadn't updated the map properly.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa, seeing the guard-impersonators turn tail and run, picks up his dropped sling and takes one last shot at the nearest of them. Probably the one who'd tried to mount the wagon and attack me in melee

Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

"Take that, you big bullies!"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The ruffians run, hurting as much from Zababa's sharp remarks as the sling bullets, and Tyros and Torric come to their senses. Finally you are able to bring the slavers to justice, sell off your loot and get a bath and a good night's sleep at the Slumbering Drake.

I'll tally your xp and loot as soon as I am able, but hopefully everyone except Tam will have enough to advance to level 2.


"Well, someone care to tell me what that was all about then?" Tam asks as he goes to rouse those who were hit by the "guard captain's" spell. "Name's Tam Farrow but most folks call me Tam o' the Dale."

Tam will inspect the group and heal any injuries with his channel energy.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

dunno about the others, but Torric is down 9 hp (to 4), so definitely looks like he could use healing

Torric gets up off the ground where the color spray left him sprawled and helpless. He recovers his scimitar and peers around for signs of the end of the fight.

"What happened? I assume we won... where are the rest of the dead?"


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

"Hi, Tam! Thanks for the help, we were really in a pickle there. Mmm, pickles. Do you like pickles, to?" thanked, and ever more completely digressed, Zababa.


Tyros is down to 3 hp and could definitely use some healing.

Tyros recovers his senses and picks up his fallen fauchard. "My thanks, and well met, Master Tam!" Tyros thanks the priest. "It appears we owe our continued well-being to both you and Master Zababa. Your timing was most fortuitous!"

"As to what happened, I can only assume that those false guards were in league with these slavers that we captured in the ruins of Castle Whiterock," the half-elf answers Tam's question, motioning toward the captive slavers in the caged wagon. "We plan to return to explore Castle Whiterock once we turn these miscreants over to the proper authorities in Byrny and re-provision. Your skills would be most welcome in our endeavor. Would you care to accompany us?"


Channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"As it happens, I am partial to a pickle or two," Tam replies, flashing Zababa a grin. He listens intently to Tyros.

"Castle Whiterock, eh? It sounds as though you boys could do with he help so I'll accompany you. It wouldn't do for you to run afoul of something there," Tam replies with a jovial grin.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

"Thanks for the healing and for joining us, Tam."


"Not a problem, lad," Tam replies with a grin.


"Well, now. Let's get these slavers to the authorities and then return to the Inn of the Slumbering Drake to recuperate and plan our next foray into the ruins of Castle Whiterock," Tyros suggests.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

"Yes, let's, Tyros! I've got to update my journal, after all!"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry all, it's been a hellish week. Hope to get the update going as soon as possible.

The authorities are happy to be able to lay their hands on the infamous slaver gang. There is plenty of evidence to incriminate them and you are heartily congratulated.

Rumor travels fast, so the same goes for the Slumbering Drake, where you are hailed as heroes. You get a 25% discount on anything you'd like to order this night.


Not to sound mercenary, but was there any reward for capturing the slavers? Also, what kind of loot did we get from the dead and captured slavers?


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric orders a room at the Slumbering Drake, a hot meal, a hot bath and a pretty woman - in that order. Sometime during the night, he might get a little rest as well.


Tam smiles as his new colleagues get a moment to bask in their glory. He politely refuses the discount, stating that he has done nothing to warrant such a thing. He will, however, book a room and meal for the night.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry for the delay but you get 1350 xp each, except Tam, who ends up with 875. That should put most of you at level 2 anyway.

There is no reward for the slaver gang, mainly because nobody knew that they were there, but you do get to keep their loot. There are some anxious questions about where the people captured by them may be, so you might do well to go back to find them, as well as do a proper search of the area.

Here is the loot list:
Mundane: six chain shirts, two sets of studded leather armor, two shortbows with arrows, two light crossbows with bolts.
Masterwork: one chain shirt, two shortswords and one quarterstaff.
Magical: One longsword +1, three potions (Enlarge Person, CLW (caster level 3) and Barkskin) and one dose of Oil of Magic Weapon.

There is also 67 gp, 9 pp, 14 light horses and a key.

Lady Chauntessa can easily identify the items for you, so don't worry about that.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Reclining in an over-stuffed easy chair near the fireplace with pipe and ale at the hand, Zababa pens the first entry into his Exploration Journal of Castle Whiterock

Castle Whiterock Exporation Journal - Entry 1 wrote:

I had come to Byrny hoping to learn more of Castle Whiterock, but my first visit there offered no opportunity to learn about the Castle itself. We arrived near the Castle in a loaned coach, only to discover the grounds had been taken over by slavers! My companions fought bravely to subdue them, not one of them going without taking a wound as they pressed forward to overcome ambush after ambush before at last storming their redoubt to take the day.

The grounds secured at last, our wounds necessitated a temporary withdrawal to Byrny, and not least to dispose of those slavers that had been captured instead of killed in the fighting. We were able to secure the slavers' wagon, and with great irony placed our prisoners in the very manacles they'd used on so many others. In returning to Byrny, however, we were set upon by the slavers' compatriots in the disguise of the town guard! These, to, were driven off before returning to the Slumbering Drake to a hero's reward."


Forgot to ask, which advancement track are we on? Medium?

I suggest we sell the mundane and bank the rest. We'll probably need to stock up on some items before we head back out, not least a wand of CLW for extra healing.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Fast Track; Castle Whiterock was written for D&D 3.5


Taking 1st level of Paladin. Rolling for HP: 1d10 ⇒ 8

EDIT: And I just realized I posted this in the game thread and not the discussion thread. That's what I get for having both pages open in two windows and not paying attention to which one I'm typing in!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

If you are done shopping and enjoying yourselves, are you going back to look for survivors? Now that you have horses and all.


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

I need to roll for my next level and get leveled up. OY! sorry I've fallen behind.

1d8 ⇒ 3


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric will take one of the chain shirts (the normal ones, leaving the MW for Tyros), leaving the rest to be sold for split.

"The fate of the longsword is up to the rest of you. I don't mind selling it for a wand of cure light wounds, and that seems a good use for it, but I can see it well-used by Tyros or myself as well. Therefore I will leave the decision to the group as a whole.


Tam looks the longsword over, although he has no real measure of what makes a good sword.

"It would seem a shame to sell a weapon such as this," Tam says, "It can be of as much use to us as a wand. And remember, we can purchase a wand of cure light wounds that does not carry a full stock of charges for less. Keep the sword and we can investigate what kind of wand we can purchase with the left over coin."

251 to 300 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Castle Whiterock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.