Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Tom's Castle Whiterock

Game Master Black Tom


201 to 250 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Hector is ready to charge in and slam the closest one while Melima has her crossbow ready to fire.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Zababa knocks one of the monks out with a well-placed slingshot. The other takes a shot at him with his crossbow but it jams. Torric delays.

The monks in the hallway shoot at Eider and Tyros but they have cover from the wagon. The other two delay.

So you are up, all of you.

You can push the wagon before you as you move, but I didn't know exactly where you want it, so just let me know.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric surges forward past Zababa now and hurls an axe toward the remaining crossbow-armed monk.

to hit with axe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

dmg if that hits: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Melima takes a shot at the closest monk
To Hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Damage:1d8 ⇒ 6

Hector charges to slam the nearest monk
To Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Round One:

Tyros catches Eider's eye and nods for the druid to join him as he steps behind the wagon. "Let's give the wagon a shove through the door so we can move in behind it," the sorcerer suggests.

Assuming Eider joins him... Putting word to action, Tyros gives the wagon a might shove.

Move to squares L/M-52/53; motioning for Eider to move to squares L/M-50/51. Assuming Eider joins Tyros, standard action to shove the wagon forward through doorway enough (to squares S/T-51/52) so that Hector may move around it this round and we may move around it next round.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

I'm waiting to see if Torric's axe hit as that will determine what Zababa will do.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torric takes out the second monk and the man that Zababa hit drops his crossbow. He's conscious, but he surrenders.

What with the moving wagon and the door, there isn't a straight line for Hector to charge.

Hector, Melima and Zababa still to go then. Eider helps pushing the wagon.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Seeing one monk go down and the other drop his weapon in surrender, Zababa clambers over the rubble and along the wall.

Actions: Double-move to (Q,46)


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric, who had moved to Q42 to throw his hatchet, moves further into the room to S48. Preparing to get closer to remaining monks.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Going to Rome on vacation. Posting will be intermittent at best until Sunday.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Oooh, sounds like fun - have a great time!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

As the wagon crashes in, Hector enters behind it but does not manage to reach the monks. He is promptly subjected to a focussed fire, but despite taking two crossbow bolts to the chest only takes 9 points of damage and fights on. He manages to draw out the two monks closest to the side as well as another one previously hidden.

You are all up. Map revised.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa lets fly with his sling against the monk who'd suddenly appeared behind him and Torric.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ah, that is the monk that yielded. He's dropped his weapon and limped out of the way. The new monk is the one in X54.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric moves over the rubble before him to get closer and help Hector who looks badly wounded. He moves to T50 and throws another axe, this one at the monk in V53.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)
Black Tom wrote:
Ah, that is the monk that yielded. He's dropped his weapon and limped out of the way. The new monk is the one in X54.

Oh, okay. Will move to (S,49) then instead).


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Hector will hold his action as will Melima


Round Two:

With fauchard in hand, Giant-Tyros moves into the room . Taking up a position slightly covered by the wagon, the sorcerer slashes his weapon at one of the monks threatening Hector.

Move action 15 ft to squares Q/R-52/53. Standard action to attack monk in square V,54 (this monk is just within Tyros' Enlarged reach of 20 ft.

Fauchard Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Fauchard Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 4 = 15

Tyros' AC: 12; partial cover from wagon (?)
Tyros' HP: 8/11


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry about the slow updates. Been down with a bad cold all week. I will take the liberty to act for your characters, or have them delay (the normal option) if I don't get a post within 24 hours.

Eider moves with Tyros and Hector takes a swing at one of the monks fighting him, connecting for 8 points of damage, before the monk strikes him down with a deadly unarmed strike to the neck, sending him back to his dimension.

Torric takes out one of the monks with his crossbow.

The other monk fighting Hector advances on Tyros (incurring an AoO). As he approaches, his tusks give him away as a half-orc. The last monk retreats out of sight.

You are up, all of you.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa will double-move to (S,53) to help Tyros.


Round Three:

Tyros slashes his fauchard at the half-orc monk as the attacker approaches within reach of the giant sorcerer's weapon.

AoO vs. half-orc monk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
AoO Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 8) + 4 = 17

If the AoO drops the half-orc monk:

Tyros turns his attention to the monk that dispatched Hector, and slashes his weapon at the slaver.

Fauchard Attack vs. Monk V,53: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Fauchard Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 8) + 4 = 20

If the AoO DOES NOT drop the half-orc monk:

Tyros drops his fauchard as he focuses on his draconic heritage. Gold-tipped claws sprout from his fingertips, and he swipes at the half-orc with both hands.

Free action to grow claws; the claws are treated as natural weapons, allowing Tyros to make two claw attacks as a full attack action using his full base attack bonus.

Claw #1 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Claw #1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Claw #2 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Claw #2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Tyros' AC: 12; partial cover from wagon
Tyros' HP: 8/11


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Melima swears softly as Hector disappears.
She shoots at the closest monk.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric moves forward (to V52), drawing his scimitar and attacks the remaining monk in front of him.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Tyros manages to slash the approaching half-orc viciously, first with his fauchard and then with his claw. The half-orc seems to be going on sheer bestial force of will as he lunges one last time and then crashes to the ground.

Eider wanders away aimlessly. He hasn't posted for two weeks and not given any notice, so for now he is out of the game. Torric is struck by two bolts from the sniping monks for 11 points of damage, while the third slaver tries to finish him and fails.

You are up.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric takes a slash at the monk again, and if he drops, moves the two with the crossbows. (to z52)

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Round Four:

Tyros' claws retract into his fingers as he reaches down to pick up his fauchard. Move action to pick up fauchard.

If Torric's attack DID NOT drop the slaver in square V,53:

Giant-Tyros slashes his weapon at the slaver battling Torric. Standard action to attack.

Fauchard Attack vs. Slaver V,53: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Fauchard Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12

If Torric's attack dropped the slaver in square V,53:

Giant-Tyros steps over Zababa and moves close enough to threaten the two crossbowmen with his fauchard. Second move action to move 25 ft to squares V/W-53/54, within range to threaten AoO with fauchard if either crossbowman tries to fire or flee.

Tyros' AC: 12; partial cover from wagon if he attacked slaver V,53
Tyros' HP: 8/11


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 4

Zababa "oohs" and "ahhs" at Torric and Tyros' martial prowess, momentarily forgetting he was involved with the combat.

Not sure what to do since I'm too far away from the monks in column AA and I'm guessing Torric took down (V,53).


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Melima takes aim with her crossbow

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Neither Torric nor Tyros manages to bring the monk down. On the other hand, Melima takes out one of the snipers.

Zababa might want to try to take a stab, but then the monks get to act.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Alright, since he's still there...

Zababa drops his sling and draws his dagger before moving to (V,54). Since I'm BAB +0, I don't get the free Draw Weapon as part of a Move Action, but instead have to spend a Move to Draw.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The remaining monk is a true monk and tries to take Zababa out with a flurry of blows. He only manages to hit once though, for 5 points of damage. The surviving sniper shoots at Melima but misses, while the last monk appears behind Tyros and stabs him in the back in a surprise attack for 5 points of damage.

Your turn.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric takes a wicked slash with his scimitar at the monk, taking a 5' step before striking to give both himself and Zababa flank on the monk. (moving to W52)

to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
to confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
crit dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa will double-move to (AA,54)

Status
HP 5/10


Round Five:

Tyros grimaces in pain and drops his weapon in surprise from the monk's sneak attack. Focusing through the pain, the giant sorcerer causes the golden-tipped claws to sprout again from his fingertips and swipes at the new attacker.

Free action to grow claws; full attack action to attack monk in square P,52 with both claws.

Claw #1 Attack vs. Monk P,52: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw #1 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Claw #2 Attack vs. Monk P,52: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Claw #2 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Tyros' AC: 12
Tyros' HP: 3/11


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torric cuts the monk open, killing him instantly. At the sight of that the monk that stabbed Tyros turns tail and runs (giving Tyros an AoO) while the last monk, cornered by Zababa, simply yields.

You are victorious. I'll calculate your xp as you get home. But you get a hero point each for wiping out the slaver band. Well done so far and good gaming from all. I hope to be able to update a little more often in the future.


Attack of Opportunity:

Giant-Tyros swipes at the fleeing monk...

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

... but misses.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

An annoyed Eider strikes down the fleeing monk before leaving. What will you do with your defeated foes?

You will get your xp once you rest.


"Let's secure these villains in the cage-wagons. We can use their horses to haul them to Byrny and turn them over to the authorities," Tyros suggests, leaning heavily on his fauchard.

I think we all need a good rest. Does anyone have the Heal skill?


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

"Brilliant idea, Tyros! Serves the slavers right, to be locked up in their own slaving paraphernalia," said Zababa with definiteness.

"Shouldn't we explore more of these ruins to make sure there aren't any more hiding about, though?"


Unless we have someone with healing magic, Tyros really isn't up for more exploration - he's only got 3 hp left.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Same with Torric - he's down to 2 hp


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

So I suppose you'll bed down and rest for a while then. The question is where? And will you try to save any of the unconscious slavers?

I'll put up a list of the loot as you collect it.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

We should try to stabilize the unconscious slavers to turn them in when we get back to town. We can just use Heal checks (and maybe Aid Another to make the DC), and load them into their own wagon and take that back to town.


"Let's check around for any papers or other signs of who these slavers were working for. Master Torric, do you wish to interrogate the ones who are conscious? After that, perhaps we should head back to Byrny - unless you all would rather camp here? We would need to set watches to guard the prisoners and keep an eye out for any more of their number who might return," Tyros suggests.

Tyros can attempt Heal checks to stabilize the unconscious slavers, although with his Wisdom and having no ranks in the skill he's likely to do more harm than good. Heal check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

And of course, we need to loot the dead and captured slavers.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

"I wouldn't mind some healing - whether it comes from rest here, or returning to town for some assistance. I think resting here has some risks, since the slavers might return with reinforcements. But whatever the majority wishes to do, I will accede to. As for questioning them, that might give us some guidance on what our next course of action might be."


"If we were to find any healing potions or other curative magics among the slavers' possessions I would be willing to stay here for the night. Otherwise I suggest we secure the prisoners and head back to Byrny."

What time of day is it? I believe it's 25 miles back to Byrny; how long will it take to get there by wagon?


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

"I thought I looked through their tents, Tyros, and didn't find anything," said Zababa, increasingly disappointed that their wounds would prevent them from further exploring the ruins.


"Ah, yes! That you did, Master Zababa. I'm afraid my wounds must have sapped my memory as well. In that case, with no healing magics available I believe we should head back to town to recuperate," Tyros recommends.

"Don't worry, my friend," Tyros adds, noting Zababa's crestfallen expression. "We will return to continue our explorations as soon as we are fit. Perhaps the authorities in Byrny will offer a bounty for these slavers - we could use the money to purchase wands of curative magics so that we won't be forced to scurry back to town every time we're wounded."

The half-elf pauses to glance around at the ruins of Castle Whiterock before adding, "I have a feeling that we will receive many more wounds as we continue to explore these ruins."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"Agreed then, we go back to town." Torric makes sure the prisoners are all secured and makes ready to head back to Byrny. (Or are we camping here for the night and then going back in the morning?)


Tyros votes for heading back to Byrny now since we don't have any healing magics at the moment.

201 to 250 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Castle Whiterock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.