Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's Castle Whiterock

Game Master Black Tom


101 to 150 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The monk opens the door and invites you into their room. This bare stone chamber is perhaps 40 feet wide and 20 feet long. The north wall is composed of large stone blocks, perhaps part of an immense wall. A pair of sturdy wooden doors is in the southwest corner. The ceiling is 10 feet high, but riddled with murder holes allowing the faint sunlight to penetrate the otherwise barren room. Two more monks rise to greet you as you pass.

Passing through the room, you enter a sort of courtyard. To your left long low wooden building is situated along the inner castle wall. The tickling smell of hay intermixed with the stench of sweaty animals
betrays the building’s function as a stable.

This section of the outer courtyard is host to five simple tents, flapping in the wind. Each tent is 20 feet square and has a single entrance. Two monks bow in greeting as you approach.

Perception 15:

Spoiler:
There is something strange about these monks. For instance, some of them seem to be wearing armor under their robes.


DC 15 Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Tyros respectfully bows his head in return to the two monks.

"So is the Dawning Sun a militant order? I'm not used to seeing monks wearing armor under their robes," Tyros observes aloud.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Perhaps because his head was still buried in his book, or that he was trying to look at everything at once, Tyros' query caught Zababa by surprise.

"Huh?"


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Perception for Melima 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception for Hector 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Melima and Hector cautiously approach the open door of the monetary. Weary of the monks as the are wearing armor and not jut robes.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Torric notices the armor under the robes a moment after Tyros mentions it to the monks and looks to see their reaction to the question and how they might answer it.

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Unfortunately, he's not very perceptive regarding their reactions...


Male Human Druid 1

Perception Check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Eider gives his signature greeting to the two monks. Placing his forefingers to his forehead, then to the center of his chest and bowing.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The monks turn on you. Roll for initiative. Will be trying to get a map up ASAP.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Druid 1

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

These would-be monks could be the slavers I'm looking for. It'll be important to keep at least one of them alive. I need to remember that while fighting them. I'll have to tell the others as well. I should have told them already why I needed to come here. My fault for not speaking up, but I'll have to do so soon.

Torr tenses as the monks take an offensive stance and several thoughts run through his head. It's hard to read his expression through the hideous scarring on his face. He does appear angry, but he always appears a little angry. His angry mien though is probably the result of the vicious scar that crosses from his forehead to the opposite jaw, just missing his eye, but pulling his eyebrow down in a continual scowl.


Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 inittive for Melima and hector


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Map is up and can be found under Campaign info. It's ugly and clumsy, but that's how I do battle maps. I may post a better map of the dungeon as you explore it to give you a sense of where you are.

Some clues to the map: Black is walls, orange is doors, grey is a steep cliff and green is tents.

Torric, Eider and Zababa beat their initiative and can act first, then the bad guys will go and then all of you again.

I don't care in what order you post, so post away if I say so. Since you have the option of delaying anyway, I will resolve your actions in the most favorable order for you (meaning that you may take advantage of buffs even if you happened to post before the buffer and so on). It's worked well in all my games and speeds combat quite a bit. Also if you haven't posted after 24 hours on a weekday I will consider you to be delaying and resolve the round anyway. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. Check out any of my other games if you wonder how it works.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 1

"We're being attacked!" exclaimed the surprised halfling, hoping to warn the others.

Drawing his sling, he attacked one of the "monks" behind them hoping to catch the man off-guard that he was on to them.

Attack (Sling): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage+Sneak Attack: 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2 Bazinga! Snake-eyes :(

SA because monks are Unaware and thus Flat-Footed until they get to act in the first round.

Status:

HP 10
AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13
In Hands: Left - none, Right - sling
Conditions: none


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric surges forward (to L22) and draws his scimitar as he moves, attacking the closest of the monks.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sadly his attack goes awry and misses badly.

As he attacks, he calls out to the others, "Keep one of 'em alive for questioning!"


Male Human Druid 1

Eider takes just a step forward (5-foot step to S-21)and throws his hand out launching a hissing bolt of acid at one of the monks(Y-21) approaching from behind.

Acid Bolt Range Touch:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Acid Damage:1d6 ⇒ 2

Unfortunately, his arm spreads wide, and he throws the bolt off into the distance, where it sizzles and evaporates on some stone.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The monks charge you (only the only facing Hector does so literally, though). Torric is swarmed by two monks wielding quarterstaffs but he easily fends off their blows, and so does Hector and Eider. The last one pulls out a bow and steps forward, hitting Melima with a vicious shot to the throat for 8 points of damage.

Then you are up, all of you. Map updated.


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Melima take a 5 foot step back. She will cast enlarge person on Hector. This will last for 1 minute. The enlarge will go off next round.

Hector will Slam the monk in front of him
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17<-- Confirming
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric slashes at the monk in front of him with a vicious attack.

to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
to confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

(but is unable to confirm the crit)

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Round One:

Tyros draws his fauchard and moves toward the monk-archer, threatening the man with the polearm's wickedly curved blade.

Move action to draw fauchard. Standard action (second move action) to move 25 ft to square U,19 - 10 ft reach with fauchard means I am now threatening the monk in square W,19 as well as the monk in square T,21 battling Eider.

Tyros' AC: 14
Tyros' HP: 11/11


Male Human Druid 1

Eider takes a step back to his original position (5-foot step to R-21) and then quietly says "Cineál cneasaigh tú". After which he makes a quick and simple motion with his hands and a soft white light illuminates from them. He gently place them to Melima's throat after which the light disappears, and only a very small cut remains.

Cure Light Wounds:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

P.S. I've decided to use google translator for small moments like that, so I apologize if anyone does speak the language (in this case Gaelic) and notices an error.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa stoutly reloads his sling and takes another shot, specifically aiming for the one farther away, but missing terribly as the fight was heating up.

Attack (Sling): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Torric and Hector both drop their foes as Tyros moves to engage and Zababa pelts them with sling stones and Eider tends to Melima.

The remaining monks move to flank Tyros, and he and Torric are both hit for 6 points of damage.

You hear the neighing of horses from the building to the left.

Then you are up again.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 2

Seeing the two monks gang up on Tyros, Zababa drops his sling to draw his dagger, and moves into position to help Tyros against the monks.

Actions: Draw Weapon, Move to (S,21)

Status:

HP 10
AC 16, Touch 14, Flat 13
In Hands: Left - none, Right - dagger
Conditions: none


Male Human Druid 1

Eider conjures another bolt of acid to his hand and launches it toward the nearest monk(T-20).

Acid Bolt

Ranged Touch:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Damage:1d6 ⇒ 6

Though it veers slightly to the side.

After which, he takes a step forward(S-21) to provide Tyros a tactical advantage.


Round Two:

Unable to effectively use his fauchard against the flanking monks, Tyros takes a step back and sheathes his weapon before stretching out his hands to unleash a blast of fire at one of his assailants.

5 ft step to square T,18. Move action to sheathe fauchard. Standard action to cast Burning Hands at the monk in square V,18.

Burning Hands Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - Reflex DC 15 for half damage.

Tyros' AC: 14
Tyros' HP: 5/11

EDIT: 10% Spell Failure chance for wearing leather armor (1-10 fails): 1d100 ⇒ 94 - spell cast successfully


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric, facing only one monk, lets his anger at being hit take it's toll and rages, striking at the monk with all his fury.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
dmg if that hits: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

well, seems as if I can't roll well at all tonight, sigh


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Melima and Hector delay, Torric cuts down his opponent and Tyros blasts his monk, who obviously doesn't have Evasion. The remaining two wounded monks turn tail and flee past the tents.

You can drop out of initiative or you can pursue them.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric drops out of rage and takes a deep breath, (having raged for only one round, that's 2 rounds of fatigue). He does not give pursuit immediately, but puts his blade away and stands for a moment, recovering himself as he turns to see what the others plan to do.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa picks up his sling and takes one last pot-shot at the fleeing "monks".

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Zababa hits the last fleeing slaver with a slingshot as he disappears around the corner, but he keeps running. What next?

I'm going to try something different with this campaign and give you xp when you go back to rest instead of after each fight.


Male Human Druid 1

Eider first asks everyone "I have some healing energies left this day. Who is in need of them?". While waiting for an answer, he starts to sort through the remains of the fallen monks.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The fallen monks are wearing chain shirts under their robes. They each carry a flask of some vile-smelling substance (not magical) and a quarterstaff, as well as a symbol of a rising sun and 10 gp in all.

Knowledge (religion) 18:

Spoiler:
The symbols are fake and not very well made.

The monks are also sporting a strange tattoo.

Knowledge (local) 20:

Spoiler:
The symbol stands for the Iron Manacle, a notorious slaver band that was supposedly disbanded a year ago.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

"I'm fine, but I think Tyros and Torric both got hit," said Zababa, who curiously wandered over to look through the tents.

Perception (search tents): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

"I'm fine, just winded a bit. No need for healing here," Torric says as he catches his breath. He checks to see if any of the monks might be just wounded instead of dead. He was hoping to question one of them.


"Eider Da'mok wrote:
"I have some healing energies left this day. Who is in need of them?"
Zababa wrote:
"I'm fine, but I think Tyros and Torric both got hit," said Zababa

"Aye, those dastardly false monks wounded me, and I would welcome your healing magics. But please see to the Lady Melima first," Tyros replies to Eider, wincing as he grips his wounded side.


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

I'm fine Sir Tyros, it's just a flesh wound. Melima replies.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Two of the fallen monks are still breathing.

Three of the tents are set up for sleeping, and each contains five hammocks and footlockers. A quick search reveals the footlockers are all empty. One tent is used to store digging tools, but they don't seem to have been used for several months. The final tent contains a large meeting table. On its surface are numerous rocks, bits of pottery, and other artifacts recovered from the ruins of Clynnoise.

Appraise 15:

Spoiler:
They are all fake, though, and completely worthless.

Beyond the tents you have some ruins to your right and a high white wall to your left. A gap in the wall gives access to a building with a pair of repaired doors.

Straight ahead lies more of the courtyard, which is strewn with rubble. You can't see any trace of the fleeing monks.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Hey, look: stuff from the original monastery!"


Male Human Druid 1

Firstly, Eider nods to Melima, and then responds to Tyros "I will heal what I can.". Going through the same motions as before, he places glowing hands to Tyros injury.

After this he says "There are markings and symbols upon these monks I am not familiar with. Would someone mind taking a look them?" After which he kneels down beside one of the monks, and performs an untrained heal check to stabilize him, if he is not already so.

Cure Light Wounds on Tyros:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Cautiously approached Heals check on Monk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric kneels down by the other breathing monk and bandages his wounds crudely, trying to stabilize him. heal ck: 1d20 ⇒ 7 He looks at Eider and motions him over. "I am not so good with healing... do you think you can stop this one from dying as well?"


Eider Da'mok wrote:
"I will heal what I can.". Going through the same motions as before, he places glowing hands to Tyros injury.

"Thank you, Master Eider. That certainly takes the edge off," Tyros says gratefully.

Zababa wrote:
"Hey, look: stuff from the original monastery!"

Tyros walks over to see the items discovered by Zababa.

DC 15 Appraise check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

"I'm sorry, my friend, but I'm afraid all of these items are fakes and quite worthless," the half-elf sorcerer says ruefully.


Male Human Druid 1

"I will see what i can do for him." Eider states in reply to Torric's request, as he kneels down to the monk, and attempts to still his injuries.

Heal Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

"Will they live, these two?" Torric asks, motioning toward the two monks who survived their wounds so far. "I need to question at least one of them... A life hangs in the balance."


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)
Tyros wrote:
"I'm sorry, my friend, but I'm afraid all of these items are fakes and quite worthless," the half-elf sorcerer says ruefully.

"Fiddle-sticks!"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The unconscious monks are both stable.


Male Human Druid 1

"It appears they shall. Not the best I could do, but they will be fine." he says looking up to Torric, and adds "Be careful with then though, my healing powers are drained for the time being." With these words, he puts a hand on the shoulder belonging to this monk layer down before him, and gives a slight shake to jostle him awake.


Male Human Druid 1

Sorry about any spelling errors by the way, during the day I post from my phone at work, and I'm sure we all know the wonder of what is "auto-correct".


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric binds both unconscious monks before they are awakened. When Eider attempts to waken one, he stands over him and growls in frustration when the man doesn't wake up. "Bah... this one is useless... so is this other one... unless they are healed they won't wake up any time soon I guess. There's a missing girl in here somewhere... or she was in here at one time, if these slavers haven't already sold her off. I need to find her."

He calls out to those searching the tents, "Find any captives in those tents?" He strides over toward the tents while he waits for a response.

101 to 150 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Castle Whiterock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.