Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Tom's Castle Whiterock

Game Master Black Tom


51 to 100 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Ready!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Assuming you can afford to put Zababa on a donkey or something like that, you'll only have to spend one night outdoors on your way there. Any particular marching order and guard arrangements for the trip?


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

To get a Pony for Zababa it will be 30 GP unless we are allowed to use diplomacy to get the price down. Neither Hector or I have diplomacy.


Male Human Druid 1

Accounting for the reduced speed, we can always see if a coach cab will be willing to provide transportation that far?


Once the group decides to trek to Castle Whiterock, Tyros approaches Kram the dwarven merchant.

"Master Kram? I understand that you trade in the kinds of interesting equipment that adventurers tend to bring back from their expeditions. My new companions and I intend to head out tomorrow to explore the ruins of Castle Whiterock, and perhaps investigate these rumors of slavers that we've heard. We're willing to make a deal if you're interested - if you'll provide us with horses for our journey (or a pony for Master Zababa) and the appropriate tack and gear, we'll sell you any treasure that we find that we don't keep for ourselves (minus books which Lady Chauntessa requested) for 45% of standard value. How does that sound?"

Diplomacy check (to improve Kram's attitude from indifferent to friendly): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Sczarni

Female Elf

I can always unsummon Hector but it will take me 2 minutes to resummon him. If I need to do this so we can travel I understand.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Kram looks at Tyros with an appraising stare. "OK, I lend you horses, and you pay me for them when you get back, and you sell me any treasure you find at 45% value. Deal?"


Male Human Druid 1

Interjecting in Tyros' statement to Kram "Would it not be more frugal to see if we can find a carriage driver who would take us within distance? Assuming they have the bravery to do so?"


Male Human Druid 1

Also, if we can't find a carriage, I will front the gold to get Zababa a pony. I have 34 gold as we speak.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

A carriage would indeed be a lot cheaper and you are in no particular hurry. Kram's offer still stands.

Off you go then?


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)
Black Tom wrote:

A carriage would indeed be a lot cheaper and you are in no particular hurry. Kram's offer still stands.

Off you go then?

"Huzzah!" Yes, carriage. Hobbi - er, Halflings - are rather fond of creature comforts, after all!


"Forgive me, Master Kram, but it appears my associates have chosen to find alternative means of travel to the ruins of Castle Whiterock. However, I hope you'll still consider doing business with us once we return," Tyros says, bowing his head respectfully to the dwarven merchant.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Does that mean that you can afford the carriage? I meant that Kram is willing to sponsor you buying one, with the same conditions.


What does everyone else think? I'm willing to let Kram sponsor us and provide us with transport in return for selling him any treasure we don't want at 45% value, especially since the standard return for selling treasure is 50% value.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

I think we can afford to hire the coach without resorting to lowering our profit, it's far cheaper than buying horses.


Male Human Druid 1

I have to lean toward coach as well. For an average rate of 3 copper a mile, it is much more affordable than even my offer to purchase a pony. That, and we do not lose out on that 5%. Being short on a dedicated healer, the extra gold would be welcome.


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

agreed. I say we get the carriage.


Sounds good. Let's go with the carriage. All aboard!

Ummm... How much will it cost?


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

3cp/mile assuming 25 miles is 7sp 5cp unless my conversion rate is off


Yes, that's much cheaper than horses!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Yeah, but you're going into dangerous territory, so including risk, the driver wants 8 gp to drop you off at an hour's walk from the ruins. You'll have to get back on your own too. But still much cheaper than horses.

At this point a default marching order for single and double file would be handy.


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Hector will be in front of Melima and they both prefer to be in the middle.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa isn't brave enough to go in front... he'll keep watch on anyone coming up from behind. Ar or near the rear of the column(s).


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric will be in second rank when single file, first if he in double file.


Tyros will take the lead in single file, and alongside Torric in double file.


Male Human Druid 1

Eider will take up the back. If tracking is needed, I will probably move forward until done doing so though.


Male Human Druid 1

In front of Zababa that is, unless he prefers me to be at the rear of marching order.


So for single-file we have: Tyros, Torric, Hector, Melima, Eider, and Zababa.

For double-file, we have: Tyros and Torric, Hector and Melima, and Eider and Zababa.

These orders will be modified when Eider takes the lead for tracking.


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

Works for me. When Eider moves up to track, Hector and I will move back to cover the rear with Hector at the back.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Sorry, at a conference and limited access. Will get you into the adventure proper this evening when I get home.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The driver of the carriage pulls the horses to a halt. You disembark and after an hour's walk, you finally crest the lip of an ancient eroded volcano. Its basin is filled with murky water, and its west wall has collapsed, linking it to a large freshwater lake.

A scant path meanders its way down to the water’s edge where your goal lies. Situated against the caldera wall are the ruins of a once-majestic castle. Its walls are composed of soft pure white rock, a stark contrast to the drab gray of the caldera’s walls.

The winding path leads to a cave entrance with a man-made tunnel that provides access to the main gatehouse. This tunnel extends about 40 feet before ending at a locked strong wooden door with a 1-foot-by-1-foot sliding panel to allow conversation.


Tyros glances at his companions with a rather bemused expression on his face.

"Well... This certainly isn't what I expected. Do you suppose we just... I don't know... Knock?" he asks the rest of the group.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa looks around wide-eyed at finally having his very first adventure, keen to take in anything "adventurous".

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human Druid 1

Eider responds to Tyros' statement with an arm gesture that seems to imply Why not?. He then asks "It is at least worth the attempt, no?". Looking down to Zababa, noticing the zeal emanating from the small halfling. He then continues "Perhaps we should let our eager companion take a look at the door first?"


"That sounds like a wise idea, Eider. Master Zababa, would you care to examine the door for traps and/or locks?"


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The door is locked for sure, but not trapped as far as Zababa can tell.


HP 23/23(27), AC 17(15) (T 12, FF 15), F+5, R+4, W+0(2), CMB 3(5), CMD 15(17), init +2, perc +5 human(Alryan), M Barbarian(hurler)/1 Alchemist/1

Torric looks from the Zababa to the door... and then at Tyros. He taps impatiently on the hilt of his weapon... "Just unlocking the door, if the little one can do that, sounds like a good idea. Otherwise we can try your idea of knocking. Looks too strong to simply knock down."


Female Half-Elf Summoner/1

"Gentlemen if you dont mind, I'd like to knock and see if anyone answers." Melima Replies.


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

"Of course we should knock; it would be very impolite not to!" exclaimed Zababa, not "getting" the concept that there may be slavers or goblins behind the door who it would be better to sneak up on instead of providing warning.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

You knock and see what happens. After a few minutes the panel slides aside and the gruff face of a pimpled human man in his twenties wearing a coarse robe stares at you. "What's your business?" he asks.


Male Human Druid 1

Eider remains silent, as a mild surprised stance shows on his visage. He looks forward in curiosity, allowing another of the fellowship to speak to the doorman.


"Greetings," Tyros says to the man peering through the panel in the door. "My companions and I seek information regarding Castle Whiterock. We were given to understand that there is a monkish order re-establishing itself here. Are you a member of that order?" he asks in a friendly tone.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

"Yes, we are the Order of the Dawning Sun, trying to rebuild our holy site Clynnoise. What can I do for you."


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Order... of... the... Dawning... Sun...; Cly...noise. Got it! Zababa scribbled in his notebook.


"We are seeking some people who have gone missing. We've heard various stories of goblins, slavers, and orcs active in the area. Have you or any of the brothers in your order seen or heard of any such creatures in the vicinity?" Tyros replies to the monk's question.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

"No, not that I know of. But there is no knowing what might be hidden under these ruins. Would you like to come in and see what we found so far?"


Male Human Druid 1

Just being a little cautious, I would like to roll a Sense Motive (even if the circumstances are against us).

Sense Motive:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Why, yes. Thank you. That would be most kind," Tyros responds to the monk's invitation, glancing toward his companions for agreement.


Male Human Druid 1

Also, my spells prepared for the day are as follows:

Spells:

0 Level
Guidance
Read Magic
Resistance

1st Level
Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds
Magic Stone - (Domain)


HP 16/16 | Init +3; Per +7, Traps +5 | AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 13 | Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs Fear)

Zababa's eyes enlarge at the opportunity to see what's been unearthed inside. "Oh, my, yes!"

51 to 100 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Castle Whiterock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.