Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


401 to 450 of 1,263 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill is good with needle and thread, if asked (i.e., tomorrow she can prepare Mending.)


MAP

Spend 40 and call it done. You'll be there on Toilday, with your disguises in hand. How you approach it is up to you.

It goes to the temple, then gets transported to the REAL temple.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

ok who was planning on doing the fire or we still doing that lol


MAP

Fire or an ambush? Disguise? How will your nefarious plan play out?


"Here you are, thank you so much again. My family will be so proud!" Juno says, handing the gnome 40 gold and nodding at Grigori as he picks up the robes.

Alright - I think the fire is maybe a good way to draw some guards away. Especially because I think Juno could, with the right rolls (and the help of Silver Tongue), sell the lie pretty well. How we want to approach the cart afterwards - disguised and then attack quickly, or try to lure the cart into "safety" from one ambush, but have it actually be another ambush altogether - is what we're still maybe unclear on?

Either way works for me. I think that because we have these disguises though, we should try to use them to the best of our advantage.


MAP

You could finesse it with disguises, or be destructive and take it by force. Either way would entertain me. The hard part would still be getting away with all that treasure undetected, if you can get your hands on it.

The nice part is that it's pure treasure.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Lol


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Personally, I like the idea of luring the cart to "safety" and once there, make a quick, brutal assault. Afterwards, transfer the contents to another wagon/chest and go from there. Why the transfer? The spell Locate object, don't wanna give the Church of Abadar an easy way to find us.


MAP

Curses! Out-thunk again!


Alright, can we agree to a fire and then a lure? How about: we light a fire in a building along the route, the guards with the cart arrive on the scene, I am on the street yelling about my baby trapped in the burning building and I convince the guards (at least some of them) to investigate and help, and then when there are less guards in the way, we lure the cart to a side alley where it will be "safe" while its guards are busy, and then take it out. Sound good?


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Sounds good. Who wouldn't want to save your baby? :-)


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

I am good with that plan, I hope I can do my best to deal with a couple guards, if you guys dont Enlarge me again XD GIANT FRICKING GUY STEALING THE CART


That's a good point - should I avoid Enlarge Person because it will make us, especially Grigori, much more noticeable? Hopefully we won't need it.

Alright, but it sounds like we've got our plan laid out, now how about our roles in the ambush?

I'll call the guards over to the fire, and then give them the slip with something like Vanish and make my way back to the cart. I probably shouldn't be the one to lure the cart over into the alleyway, though, cause that might arouse suspicion unless I used a disguise. Does anyone else have a high Bluff?

Also, I know we're still relatively low levels, but is Sidoze able to get any poisons made for dealing with the cart's guards once we decide to attack?


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

+8 for Quill, so not as high as yours but serviceable. She might break out the young scholar disguise, he would look pretty harmless and hopefully trustworthy.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori has a plus 6 to Disguises if that helps at all


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi can disguise himself as one of the guards (+6) and try and convince the other guards to move the cart to "saftey" (Bluff +9 or +11 vs. Humans)


MAP

Like someone mentioned, getting the money out of the chest and moved somewhere safe is a concern. Stealing from the church will be cause for some strong reaction. Killing paladins will make it even more so.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Only a plus 7 bluff here oh gm I will fix my level im going sorc 2 rogue 1 as you suggested

Anyways every one ready for the heist? I take it I'm starting the fire?


MAP

You mean sor 3, right? :)

OK, so the procession goes from the Coins to the Ascendant Court. That's where the temple map is.

From there, after the revelry, paladins and clerics of Abadar will haul it to the Ivy District, where you won't be able to get to it.

You plan a distraction somewhere between those 2 points...

Absalom. Click to enlarge.

The triangle is a park, and a likely ambush point.

Visitor's temple


Okay, final draft:

Heist Plan

Preparation: We attack somewhere near a large cluster of buildings (one of them should be very flammable), with an alleyway nearby into which we can lure the cart once its stopped. We should have a spare cart and camel waiting at the far end of the alley - Grigori can guard this cart while the plan develops, until he joins the group for the final assault.

1. Sidoze starts the fire, probably using some Alchemists Fire to ensure that it catches quickly and doesn't get put out before its too big. The burning building should be right on the path of the procession, so that the cart will have to stop due to crowds of people. Once the fire has caught, Sidoze sneaks back and rejoins the group for the final assault.

2. As the procession passes, I call out (probably wearing a disguise) from the side of the street that my baby is trapped in the burning building, and I convince the paladins to help me save it. Then, as they investigate, I "Vanish" and rejoin the group for the final assault.

3. Once some of the guards are separated from the cart, Quill and Andrezi (disguised as paladins of Abadar using the vestments we got) emerge from the chosen alleyway and convince the remaining guards that the cart will be safer waiting in the alleyway, where they've "secured the area." If the guards need extra convincing, maybe I'll Charm Person the driver and tell him I'm the owner of a shop back there, and that they would be safer there.

4. Grigori, Sidoze, and I are now hiding in the alley, and once the cart is "safe" in the alley, we attack all at once. We take care of the guards and the driver, transfer the goods to our cart, and try to get lost in the city, eventually taking our bounty to a safe place and figuring out how to spend our new fortune!

There's lots of room for error, but lots of room for improvisation! Shall we begin?


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Juno that was a great summary omg lol sounds perfect to me what about you guys


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Looks like a fine plan.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori thinks it is a fine plan, let us get to the skull-cracking alreay.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Ill need to go buy some alchemist fire


Alright, sounds like we're set to go.


MAP

I'll assume you went and bought stuff on Moonday. Are we getting another cart or something?


Oh yeah, yes please!

The morning of the heist, Juno wakes up early goes shopping for all the supplies they'll need that day: a cart and camel to pull it, plenty of burlap tarps for covering the cart's cargo, and five Alchemist's Fires. Anyone think of anything else? How much would that be, GM? According to RAW, the Alchemist's Fires would be 100 - how much to buy/rent a camel and cart here in Absalom?

When she meets the gang at their rendezvous, she gives Sidoze four of the Alchemist's Fires and says, "This should get that building going nice and quick. I'll hold onto the other one in case we want to burn the paladin's cart once we've finished with it."


MAP

Rent a camel/cart is 5 gp.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze rises early and goes through his morning ritual of checking his locked door of the tion herents from a non discrepant landlord. Gathering his things he makes his way to the meeting point readjusting his scarf so it covers his face till he deems it in place. Once there her thanks juno for gathering the fire flasks and comments "good thinking."


MAP

The procession begins after sundown. People gather in the Coins, nicely dressed and flashing lots of swag. A trio of Abadar paladins, led by a cleric, carry a huge banner. The cleric calls for all true children of Abadar to follow them to the temple to give tribute to the god of good fortune.

You can go with the procession, or set up the ambush for later, or both. Who's doing what?

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Sticking with the plan Juno laid out. Andrezi will be dressed as one of the paladins, waiting in a preselected alley-way to try and lure the cart (and all of the money of course) to "safety". Once secured, that's when we strike.


King of Goblins *MAP*

OK. No one's going with the procession?


Juno will follow the procession to the prearranged ambush site, in case anything happens early on, but she does so at a distance, avoiding the clerics and paladins.

Stealth +4 Misdirection bonus, 0 stealth points remaining 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze will be at the firing site looking for likely targets. As well as being on watch for guards or people.

perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

stealth1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


King of Goblins *MAP*

The procession pauses at the public temple in the Ascendant court. They'll be there for hours, making a show of their largess and generosity as they pour precious treasure into a large coffer.

Juno can hang around, or leave and wait for the goods to get moved late tonight.


Juno sticks around, browsing some of the local vendors and stores in the area, never participating in the festival but keeping a watchful eye on the scene.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

When the procession continues, she moves quickly through side streets and alleyways to meet Sidoze. "They are coming, time to start the fire - make it glorious," she says with a sly smile. Then, she returns to the street and wanders casually in the direction of the procession until she can see it coming, then stays ahead of it along its route until they arrive at the burning building.

Forgive me if I'm taking too many player liberties, and let me know if any of this isn't going to be feasible, but I figured for the sake of kicking things along I'll assume that eventually the procession will continue.


MAP

The procession stops at the Ascendant Court. After much revelry, it gets late, and people start to leave. There are many priests and guards there, though some may not be "on the clock," but just there participating. You see Aloros there, among others.


MAP

Sorry to seem so short on things. We've taken a while to get this far, so if there are details you need, just ask.


Juno notes whether or not Aloros follows the procession when it eventually leaves, because he would be able to identify their group and warn the guards before the ambush is fully sprung.


MAP

He seems a little tipsy. There are lots of people around, though. Juno can make a bluff check to hide her striking countenance.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Just need to know what shops look accessible to the plan and if anyone seems to be paying attention to sidoze


MAP

You have your hood up, so you're unrecognizable. LOL

Seriously, no one seems to pay any attention to you.

MAP

I was late getting this up, but the park seems like the best place to go after the treasure. You guys have cased the joint, and can get into any of the buildings with a little stealth and lockpicking.


Whoops! sorry bout the wait.

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori, dressed as a Paladin like Andrezi, follows his part of the plan, secretly hiding his gauntleted fists beneath the sleeves of his coat while he waits for the fire and Juno to come running out to draw away the guards.

I am assuming that I am waiting with Andrezi or with close-at-hand so that I can be within distance of the ambush site at a moment's notice.


MAP

OK. You can put yourselves wherever you like.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill will be dressed in the garb of a craftsman but wearing an armband of Adabar's colors. In her bag she carries a clerical robe of Adabar, knowing she can't pull off the image of a paladin.

She will linger in the shadows near the entrance to the alley that they hope to lure the wagon into.

The wagon is wide so it seems that we need to lure it down the currently adjacent alley. So perhaps Juno needs to be further up the street and have the fire up there to draw the paladins up and we turn the wagon at its current spot down the wide alley. Just a thought for planning


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi, in his Paladin of Abadar garb, silently waits by for the plan to go into action.

Placed Andrezi and the spare cart


Okay, moved myself to outside the tavern. Sidoze would be inside the building, and I guess starting things off with lighting the fire?


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Stealth1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

ok my plan is to sneak in the second floor set the fire and make my edu to the ambush site so you can place me wherever lol I would think I would set the fire a little further from the supposed safe place for the cart so maybe even off map? well wherever I am lol lets start this thing off lol

Sidoze quickly makes his way inside careful to keep his cowl and scarf up he produces the alchemists fires. He places them aside in a likely spot keeping one and hurries to the other side of the room. Turning he throws the remaining fire near the others and rushes out.

Well this should certainly be interesting now to see the chaos this creates. he says to himself with a grin as he draws his h as nd crossbow fitting it with a poisoned quarrel.


King of Goblins *MAP*

The paladins pause, seeing a lick of flames.

401 to 450 of 1,263 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.