Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


351 to 400 of 1,263 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi silently stands behind Juno and Sidoze, playing the role of the dutiful bodyguard. In reality his eyes dart around the room, looking for the vestments we seek, and keeping an ever present eye out for danger...

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 add +2 if the shrine still counts as an urban setting, +2 if perception check deals with humans, total of +4 vs human in urban environments


MAP

Now that I think about it, everybody make will saves!


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Will Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Will save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13+2 vs enchantment


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Will Save1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 This is gonna be a faaaail


Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


MAP

Sidoze and Juno:

Spoiler:
You both carry on as normal. Aloros the cleric seems quite taken with you, Juno.

Below 15 saves:

Spoiler:
Zone of Truth
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level cleric 2, paladin 2
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area 20-ft.-radius emanation
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
Creatures within the emanation area (or those who enter it) can't speak any deliberate and intentional lies. Each potentially affected creature is allowed a save to avoid the effects when the spell is cast or when the creature first enters the emanation area. Affected creatures are aware of this enchantment. Therefore, they may avoid answering questions to which they would normally respond with a lie, or they may be evasive as long as they remain within the boundaries of the truth. Creatures who leave the area are free to speak as they choose.

I put the text there for reference. You feel compulsion magic as soon as you are under the roof of the shrine, and know that you can't lie. Of course, saying nothing isn't lying, is it?

If Quill enters the shrine and gets a 15, read the top spoiler. If she doesn't go inside it, she doesn't have to save or read either spoiler.

Aloros listens to Juno attentively. The other 3 men stand up and straighten up their armor and clothes. It seems they really don't get many visitors, and are happy for this diversion from the usual boredom.

The guards wear the purple cloaks and insignia of the paladins who guard the other sites of Abadar. They all have armor, weapons, and crossbows. Aloros wears the white and gold raiment of an official priest, and is also fully armed and armored.

He shows Juno the statue of the god, and the various religious arts and crafts to be seen there. He'll answer any questions gladly.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill is not going in, short of hearing sounds of conflict. So for now she is likely out of range of AoE of most spells unless they have big footprints.


MAP

OK. Juno and Sidoze are free to ask questions. He seems pleased to have someone to talk to.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze looks around studying the layout of the priests residence taking note of the guards before turning his eyes to the priest. "It seems sir you are lightly defended versus such horrors of these undead abominations. How come you to be in such a position when the festival to the lord Abadar fast approaches?"

bluff throwing his voice to match one of a cultured albeit minor noble1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


MAP

It's not so bad. Of course, we're only here during the day. I think the higher-ups preserve this place as a point of pride. I've also heard rumors that they're buying up properties cheap, and hope to make a fortune if this place ever gets cleaned up. This was once the best district in town. It may be again, someday.

The shrine is hallowed, and has a number of magical defenses that keep us safe. Any undead that dare to come inside while my boys and I are here don't last long. The smart ones know that. The mindless ones get destroyed quickly. Evil folks don't do so well, either.

He grins slightly, remembering the few times they've had real work to do.

Being assigned here isn't considered "prestigious." We didn't volunteer for this, but as disciples of Abadar, we do our duty without complaint.

Sense motive, gangstas!


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Juno follows along, listening politely to Sidoze and Aloros converse. When they seem to have finished, she feigns sudden excitement and grabs Sidoze's arm, jumping slightly up and down in glee. "Oh, Dear, I just thought of something for the wedding! You know how we couldn't settle on a color theme? Well, what do you think of this?" she points directly to the purple cloak Aloros is wearing. "It's a good blend of the red and blue we were looking at, and it would make your parents so happy to have Abadar's influence present on our wedding day."

Bluff (another Silver Tongue use) 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Turning to Aloros, "Have you ever heard of such a thing? Would it be just awful of us to use Abadar as a symbol like that in such a selfish way--for our wedding?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Sense Motive:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


MAP

Andrezi:

Spoiler:
You get the feeling he really resents his post, and does it more to have a job than for any other reason. He's not that loyal to the cause, for a cleric.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi leans in to Sidoze and Juno and with a barely audible whisper says to the two of them, "He does not really want to be here. His loyalty to his faith may be compromised, if that is something either of you can use to your advantage."


MAP

I think it would be a fine thing to wear the colors of the brotherhood. To get the material used in their cloaks and tabards, you can go to the Flower Street Market. There's a tailor there, a gnome lass by the name of Quai, who makes them for the guards. If you like, I could officiate for a small... emolument. A marriage blessed by Abadar is sure to bring good fortune.

He smiles.


"That would be wonderful!" Exclaims Juno with a sincere smile, squeezing Sidoze's arm for added effect. "But, excuse my pestering, how soon could we get our hands on some prototypes? My parents are visiting very soon, and it would be a wonderful surprise to show them how far along in the planning process we've made it without them!"

Turning to Sidoze, she says loud enough for Aloros to hear, "They always told me we'd never manage without them, but I bet they won't see this one coming - isn't it exciting!?"


MAP

I'm sure a well-regarded couple like yourselves could have anything you want in a matter of days. Quai makes lots of things for the church. She's very good at what she does. Just look at the stitching on my robes, here...

He shows you his white robes with gold trim. The design is simple, yet elegant. It would be easy to copy. The purple worn by the brotherhood is of a particular shade, and very uniform. They're all the same hue with gold trim.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill continues to look up and down the street nervously. Would almost be better, giving them priests a little steel, than waiting out here.
Her head whips about at a sound near her, but to her relief it was only a rat.


"Then we'll pay her a visit, I suppose. Well, you have been very helpful, sir, and I believe now my fiance and I will give ourselves a tour of the shrine - pay our respects to Abadar, and such."

Juno smiles again and departs with Sidoze by the arm, signaling to Grigori and Andrezi to follow. Once they're away, she speaks to them quickly, trusting that they overheard the conversation she'd had with Aloros.

"So, I'd be willing to give this Quai character a try, that priest seems to think highly of her. But if it doesn't pan out, we could try to take this place by force - they wouldn't expect it, but we might have to get their vestments bloody. Personally, I'd go with subtlety, but I thought I'd run things by you."


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Sounds like a reasonable approach to me."


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori glances over his shoulder at the hostel they had just departed and shrugs, popping his neck and jaw at the same time with a loud oncomfortable-sounding click. "Blood is blood, it spills and comes out. Just point Grigori in direction you need him, and Grigori will get job done." He nods to Andrezi, the two blades for hire most likely willing to do anything to get the job done.


MAP

Flower Street Market awaits!


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori cracks his neck again and looks to Sidoze for instruction, then begins walking towards the Street Market, his part in the plan still a little sketchy but he remained ready for anything.


"Grigori's got the right idea. Let's get over there quick - time is precious, and we're working for a deadline."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill emerges from her hiding place to catch back up with the group. "No robes I see, but there seems to be a plan. Sorry again about ducking out, but it was better for all concerned. Won't happen, if we get into a scrape or if they tried anything."


Juno takes the time while they walk to fill Quill in on the details of their plan. "Hopefully this Quai will be able to fill our order in time, but if not we might have to improvise. She might already have some of the vestments made if an Abadar sect put in an order for them recently."


MAP

You ask around the Ivy District and find the gnome cheerfully hawking clothing.

Gnome or human, dog or horse, there's nothing Quai can't dress, of course!

Her little tent is on the short side, but you can get in okay. There are all kinds of clothes, and materials for making them, hanging around.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi follows along quietly, continuing to play the role of bodyguard...


MAP

At any rate, she seems rather eager to sell whatever she's got. You could inquire about what you want.

I forgot to mention that when you left the shrine, the zombies you killed were gone.


"Maybe most of us should stay outside?" Juno says as they approach, arching an eyebrow, and then ducks into the tent to greet the gnome.

"Hello dear - I was told by a cleric of Abadar that you could help my fiance and I get some Abadarian vestments for our weddings' servers and performers! Have we come to the right place?"


MAP

She sizes Juno up.

Ah! And such a pretty thing! An Abadarian wedding. How nice! Who sent you?

Gnomes look inquisitive even when they're not trying to.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze pauses and nods to Juno before ducking back and tries to find a position to best see the surrounding area.


MAP
Sidoze wrote:
Sidoze pauses and nods to Juno before ducking back and tries to find a position to best see the surrounding area.

Spoiler:
s'cool.

Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sorry starting brand new full time job and having a bunch of crap shoved into my head!


King of Goblins *MAP*
Sidoze wrote:
Sorry starting brand new full time job and having a bunch of crap shoved into my head!

Yet you played Sidoze just how I would expect.

Spoiler:
We got that Trickster stuff worked out? If it were me, I'd go rog1/sor4, and be the trickster. Rog2 is cool, but the sor gets way behind. rog2/wiz3 makes more sense. But you ain't no wizahd, now, ain't ya?


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill will take up a post outside the shop and across the street, once again keeping an eye out. But now in a better part of town, she is not quite so paranoid.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


"Mr. Aloros. Do you know him? My fiance sees him from time to time at the Happy Harpy, and when we asked him about vestments for the wedding he sent us to you."

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


MAP

Oh, yes. Aloros. Don't see much of him, but I know who he is. I make some cloaks and whatnot for the Abadarians now and then. They're pretty picky. Uniforms gotta be uniform, ya know. Just the right shade of purple and all that.

You want a wedding gown, I can do it!


MAP

bump


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori would stay outside the shop just near the door, ready to jump into position at a moment's notice but he does make a point of grunting at seeing the bodies of the dead things are no longer where they were left.


MAP

Is anyone with Juno to carry on the conversation?


I'm back! I'm sorry for the delay... I had an unexpected trip with my frisbee team to an out of town tournament, didn't have internet access and basically forgot to give warning. Sorry to leave you wondering and waiting :(

Although, that's a good point - is there anyone else in on the conversation? If you want please participate in this little ploy, I don't want to hog the spotlight on these sorts of covers.

"Well, in particular, we were looking for some original Abadarian robes for our servers during the ceremony and meal. Do you happen to have any on hand?"


MAP

I've got some old ones. Pity I can't cast a spell to make them look better. You wouldn't believe what wizards charge for a simple mending!

If you want, I could fix up about 6 of them. Got some priest's clothes, too, if you're interested. Say, 40 gold for the lot? I can have them ready in a week.

The event's 2 days away.


Juno frowns thoughtfully, "Oh, pity. I was hoping you could have them ready by the day after tomorrow - my parents are coming to visit and I wanted to show them. Do you think you could rush the order any way? We could pay you extra, of course."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


King of Goblins *MAP*

You look as if your group could use some magic, judging from your appearances. I'm pressed for time, but a few spells would have it all looking good as new. How many did you need, again?

Couldn't log on for a while, for some reason.


"Well aren't you something special - you don't miss a thing, sweety! Yes, I think we can manage some magic for you, depending on the spell, and if you could get us five prototypes that would be splendid." Juno smiles sweetly, although internally she's concerned that their guise as everyday average citizens had been so easily seen through.


MAP

Juno's just too stunning to be average...

Quai pokes around her piles of clothes, and finds some guard uniforms and a cleric's robe. They're not in bad shape, just pretty used. You guess that a few mending and prestidigitation spells would have them looking fine for your purposes.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori, having heard all of this, moves forwards into the building, stooping into a servile manner, bowing his head in deep respect to Juno and he makes to take the bundle of clothes from the gnome, playing the part of the massive man-servant. His overall appearance makes it very clear he is not the suitor, more like the big dumb porter. He flashes a bright, snaggle-toothed smile at the gnome in order to sell the appearance.

351 to 400 of 1,263 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.