Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


251 to 300 of 1,263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Nice! There's a lot of information in those spoilers, so I won't explain it all in character, but I assume other players can read them?

"I know where the shrine is, it's small and has only a few clerics there. The man in charge is Alton, he's actually a regular at the Happy Harpy--maybe he drinks because the church put him practically in isolation out there. I've heard that he's not too happy about that."


King of Goblins *MAP*
"Savvy" Juno wrote:

Knowledge (local) 1d20+6

Nice! There's a lot of information in those spoilers, so I won't explain it all in character, but I assume other players can read them?

"I know where the shrine is, it's small and has only a few clerics there. The man in charge is Alton, he's actually a regular at the Happy Harpy--maybe he drinks because the church put him practically in isolation out there. I've heard that he's not too happy about that."

With your permission, everyone can read the spoilers, you savvy person, you!

Juno's the one who knew all this, so she might be your best foot forward, so to speak.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Hey now I knew some of it lol dice just decided to play mean trick making me fail last part by one lol


MAP

So do you want to go see Alton tomorrow? He's not in the Harpy, ATM. Quill doesn't want to deal with the clerics, but the rest of you could make a little trip out there.


MAP

If you look at the map on the campaign info page, the smallish building to the lower right of the #6 is the shrine.

It's not anywhere as big as the temple on the grid map.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori's Knowledge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Grigori is even worse at this than Andrezi XD


MAP

That's OK. I think Juno will tell you all that, anyway.


Yep, everybody please read the spoilers about the background of the shrine and surrounding area.

"I bet we could play off Alton's anger with the church to get our ways. It wouldn't even be that hard to just buy the garments off him, I bet, with the right story and disguise." Juno turns to Quill, "What would you suggest? You won't deal with the clerics directly, but you're the expert at this sort of thing."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"I can help set up any disguises if needed, but if I go into the shrine, it will likely be as bloody a scene as the alley...I really, really do have issues with self-sanctimonious priests."


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi listens attentively to the conversation...

Out of town on business, so posting will infrequent at best for the next couple of days.


MAP

You don't need knowledge checks to know that the Quarter is haunted, and even during the day, only the brave or foolish would risk going there.

The church of Abadar must have compelling reasons to maintain a shrine no one in their right mind would go to.


MAP

Bump. Bored already?


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sorry GM University ben kicking my butt a little will post more often I swear just needs to settle down around here


MAP

That's okay. Every PbP finds its own pace, I guess. The spooky abandoned neighborhood awaits...


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill is ready to assist either plan. She is strictly support for the shrine.

"You know...they say that area is haunted. Not that I put any stock in that. In fact, that is a good story to spread if you don't want to be disturbed. But it also means less witnesses if things do get...sticky. Quill has the hint of a cruel smile on her usually innocent looking face.


"I don't want to trek all the way out to this shrine unless we know that using the Abadar vestments as a disguise is going to be the plan for lifting the chest. Is this what we have decided on?" Juno looks around for support from the rest of the group.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"That idea works for me."


MAP

Who's going? It's pretty far in, as explained before. Quill can make a knowledge religion check, if she wants.


Juno stands up from the table, "Let's get over there, then. I'd appreciate your support, no way to know what we might run into out there."

Juno will begin leading anyone willing to the shrine, unless her companions would like to make any stops on the way.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori looks to Sidoze then follows the others silently, rolling up his sleeves a little but not too much as to expose his gauntlets. Like many of the others, Grigori had a knack for disguises so he could fill in any position needed of him in a pinch while still remaining on the lookout for opposition.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze shrugs and follows Juno and the others but at the pace of his choosing not wanting to have all their group clusterd together he decides to walk a ways behind them but close enough for his elven eyes to see them.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Know. (Religion) -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Quill adjusts her street bag, ensuring that the blade is near the top. "Yeah. Let's go. We have as much right to those robes as they do. They worship the coin do they not? The almighty coin. They just might consider you lot, true believers." she finishes with a grin, again looking like the mischievous street urchin.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Quill:

Spoiler:
You know that in places where there is massive death and people aren't buried with the proper rites, undead seem to spring up with alacrity.

I'll FF to the next morning. The cleric(s) wouldn't be there at night. There are city guards posted along the perimeter of the neighborhood. You can go in there at night, but they don't let anybody out until sunrise. Nothing good walks out of there at night.

You meet in the morning at Dock Street and Bluff Way, prepared to go in. The guards see you, but don't say anything. You cross the "line" and go into the eerily abandoned neighborhood.

Perception checks!


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 so much for elven eyes yeah?


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Perception -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Add +2 if dealing with humans


MAP

You say goodbye to civilization, and find yourselves in what was once one of the most prestigious and beautiful places in the Inner Sea, now weathered with a decade's worth of neglect. Some buildings are boarded up, others never were.

The death and dread here is almost palpable.

Put yourselves in your "marching order" near the top of this MAP, and I'll tell you what you see.


Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Hah, we have a pair of blind sorcerers.

When they enter the deserted part of the city, Juno slows her pace and allows herself to drift toward the middle of the group. "So when we reach the shrine, Quill, I assume you'll hide somewhere nearby as we talk to the clerics?" She glances around, "You know... it might not be too unusual for a shrine's staff to simply disappear out in this wasteland. It could be passed off as some sort of supernatural attack, I'm sure. If we needed to, of course."


MAP

I guess it's just the ladies, then. The men seem to have run away in fear!


MAP

I put Andrezi on the map. There is a rickety fence on the corner to the lower right, and coming around the corner, you see some slow-moving zombies. They start to come towards you, arms raised, moaning for your flesh like a lusty lover.

Init:
Andrezi
Sidoze
Quill
Grigori
Juno
Zombies

Zombies in broad daylight! It's a city of wonders...


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Let them come to us. Flank them when possible."

Andrezi delays until after the zombies.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze hisses in an an unearthly sound as he spies the leading creature. Lifting a hand and gesturing he sends a bolt black energy at it.

Ray of enfeeblement DC 17 for half dmg
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs touch
if hit1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


MAP

The ray misses, and fizzles in midair.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Round 1

Quill reaches into her satchel and draws forth her blade (two move actions). She waits ready behind Andrezi.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori snarls and moves forward a long stride, draws from his back a light wooden crossbow, fits a bolt to the simple weapon, takes aim at the leading zombie and looses the quarrel to buzz towards the undead without a second thought.

Light Crossbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


MAP

Grigori got a solid hit, yet the zombie seems to be unaffected. It just says "Uuuuuughhhhh, braaaaaiiiiiinssss." and shuffles forward.

Knowledge religion DC 15:

Spoiler:
These zombies have DR/5 slashing.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

knowledge religion ->1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Quill watches Grigori's bolt sink in deep...too deep. She calls out, "They're just bags of meat. Zombies. You need to cut them deep, like taking an arm or head off, to hurt them much."

Then adding more to herself in disgust, "Priests getting sloppy around here...or busy as the case may be."


Round 1

Juno draws one of the wands hanging at her waist and, with a flick of her wrist, she touches Grigori daintily on the shoulder. "Smash them hard, Grigori, if you would be so kind."

1 use of Enlarge Person wand, 1 minute duration.

spell description from srd:
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature's size category to the next larger one. The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.

A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target's speed.

If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, the creature attains the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using its increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If it fails, it is constrained without harm by the materials enclosing it--the spell cannot be used to crush a creature by increasing its size.

All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee weapons affected by this spell deal more damage (see Table: Medium/Large Weapon Damage). Other magical properties are not affected by this spell. Any enlarged item that leaves an enlarged creature's possession (including a projectile or thrown weapon) instantly returns to its normal size. This means that thrown and projectile weapons deal their normal damage. Magical properties of enlarged items are not increased by this spell.


MAP

Grigori doubles in size. I'll say Juno had the wand in hand (full round action).

The zombies, not being very bright, walk right up to you all. They don't get an attack this round, but Grigori gets an AoO on any one he likes, then we start ROUND 2.

Init:
Andrezi
Sidoze
Quill
Grigori
Juno
Zombies

Here's the >MAP< again.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Attack of Oppertunity on Zombie J4

AC: 17

Spiked Gauntlet
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Grigori doubles in size, blinks in confusion for a moment then drops the crossbow in his hands and whips out a huge fist down at the zombie in front of him, snarling an oath as his spiked fist tears a swath of flesh from the undead creature.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Grigori puts a big, ragged hole in the side of the zombie's head and neck, yet the damage seems to have little effect.

Round 2! Andrezi's next.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi slashes across the body of the zombie nearest him Z4 with his curved blades...

Right Kukri:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 (add +2 if this is a human/half-elf/half-orc zombie)
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (add +2 if this is a human/half-elf/half-orc zombie)

Left Kukri:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (add +2 if this is a human/half-elf/half-orc zombie)
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 (add +2 if this is a human/half-elf/half-orc zombie)

On the off-chance the zombie falls, 5 ft step into Z4's square


MAP

They all appear to be human. The kukris put gruesome gashes in the creature, but it still stands.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze grimaces and slowly draws his thin sword but makes no move to join the now enlarged Grigori in combat.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Round 2

Quill steps up and takes a swing at the closest corpse (z-4).

Short Sword Attack -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Short Sword Damage -> 1d6 ⇒ 4


MAP

She easily pierces the creature, but her thrust seems to have no effect.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Dagnabit! I forgot short sword is piercing damage. Ha. Quill can't even follow her own advice. :-)


MAP

Some flanks could up the damage and get by the DR.


Waiting for my turn in initiative, also a question for the GM: do you want us to update our movements on the map ourselves, as they happen in initiative? Or are you going through and doing it yourself at the top of each round?

251 to 300 of 1,263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.