Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,263 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

can you please help with the abbrieviations? I got the driver and guard as well as w for worker. but curious about the "mg" and do we edit the map for ourselves


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21
Noro Kas wrote:
can you please help with the abbrieviations? I got the driver and guard as well as w for worker. but curious about the "mg" and do we edit the map for ourselves

Mounted Guard? Wasn't Jewel Trader IV?


MAP

Yes and yes. Mounted guard, and I got the number wrong. MAP


MAP

Put yourselves wherever you like. I'll assume you're all in the area, but haven't conferred yet, if you want to do that.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Im just curious where id be since im currently chatting up the captain lol


MAP
Sidoze wrote:
Im just curious where id be since im currently chatting up the captain lol

I'm guessing he knew about the IV, and told you. Splitting up the group, while fun, makes me forget what I told who.

Me so confusey!


MAP

We can assume you spot each other, if you want to. You can make a plan, or just follow them and see what happens.

MAP


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert points to every partymember he can spot and whispers, "Well, we found him, neh? What's the plan, attack or watch? You didn't hire me for my keen intellect." Each party member hears the whisper as if Mijndert were leaning just at their ear.

casting Message


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill makes no attempt to join up and form a group. She taps beside her eye in response to Mijndert's whispers to her.


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Hangin' with Quill.


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert setttles in to watch the caravan. He whispers again, "I can hear you if you whispers back. Just so's you know."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill nods and whispers "Let's watch then and see where he goes. Fight him here and we fight the City Guard as well. If we find his hideout, we will just be killing the rats."


MAP

What's everyone else doing?


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

could we just attach a tracker that will provide a GPS uplink to our hijacked CIA satellite spy probe. then we can launch an unmanned drone to recon the hideout. Then we can..... oops wrong game

Noro stays hidden with Dert whispering back to his message just give me the word she thinks for a moment how are we going to follow the carriage?

Noro also tries to keep a lookout for guards and maybe others that may be of interest

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

I used to be a dock worker you think I could pose as one of the workers and mingle in with them try and listen in on any conversations


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

"I dunno. Hey ever'one. How we gonna follow the cart? S'prolly gonna be slow on city streets, right?" Mijndert whispers to the rest of the group.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Upon reaching the docks where the captain had told him he glances about and tilts his head hearing Mijndert's whispers.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Anything of interest

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Basically to blend in and dissapear into the crowd

"We should just follow at this time. Quill is right starting a fight with the city guard would not be wise as we are still relitively small. The wagons are all lined up and theres few places they could be headed through the streets. Take up stations at likely exits and mingle wih the crowd once we see where they are going we shall all follow. DOes that sound logical?"


MAP

You see nothing unusual. You all have little trouble blending in, because you're practiced at it, and stealth should be good for something...


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert waits for the caravan to set out. Once it does, he tails it as stealthily as he's able.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Feel free to hold that until whenever the caravan itself rolls out.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill nods at Sidoze's plan and finds a nondescript location to observe.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Stealth -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Jared starts walking south, playing his instrument and crooning... asking for coppers.

Perform, Lyre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

What would be the roll to snatch the lyre and hurl it as far as Mijndert is physically able? Alternately, to smash it on a nearby object?

Mijndert glares at the attention-drawing, terribly played lyre from his position behind a tun barrel.

He whispers to Sid, Quill and Andrezi, "Where'd you find this guy?"


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

...she left me for that pompous bum, I drown my sorrow in whiskey an' rum. I seek me out the Elven Queeeen... an' ply my trade with sail and beam. I'll ply my trade with sail and beam!

Repeating his woes, Jared moves slowly south, along the caravan

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9, if needed.


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

Noro whispers Well I guess that is an interesting approach. What do you think he is trying to accomplish?

anyway, I used to work the docks, I know the lingo, I will go and see if this carriage is indeed our target and not a decoy

Knowledge local to blend in 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Profession sailor to know what to do working the docks 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

perception to pick up any useful information 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


MAP

Noro doesn't look completely sailor-y, but she does note that the wagons are about to leave.

Jared watches as the people mount up to go.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20
Mijndert wrote:

Mijndert glares at the attention-drawing, terribly played lyre from his position behind a tun barrel.

He whispers to Sid, Quill and Andrezi, "Where'd you find this guy?"

"Damned fine question, but as long as he is drawing the attention, it does keep people's eyes off of us." the assassin grumbles watching the scene unfold.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 (+2 more vs. Humans)

Sorry for the long silence...hopefully work is starting to slow down now.


MAP

The first wagon heads straight up into the city.

MAP


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

Noro keeps her eye on the carriage while hoping to pick up some tibits of information from conversations as to the final destination of the wagons and the carriage.

perception to verhear conversations 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Sense Motive to pick up any hidden messages 1d20 ⇒ 7

Perception to notice anything about the carriage and its most likely passenger 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert follows after Noro, keeping far enough back to stay inconspicuous.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Stealth to remain unspotted, Perception to keep an eye on things, K:L to spot any major inconsistencies


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Jared by the carriage?


MAP

The first carriage begins to move.

Make way! the driver shouts.


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:
The first carriage begins to move.

Carriage or wagon, just being specific... Thanks!


King of Goblins *MAP*

Wagon


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert continues following along.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Know: local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill whispers, "Maybe a pair follows each in case they go to separate locations. Still no sign of our target."

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


MAP

The wagons appear to be standard teamsters. They just move goods around. The first one goes, then the second.

The carriage is the last to load. You can't see exactly who's getting in it, but 2 people do, then it's accompanied by mounted guards, and starts moving.

MAP


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert relays Quill's Message to the rest, [/b]"Quill says 'Maybe a pair follows each in case they go to separate locations. Still no sign of our target.'"

"I'm betting he's in that last one, still."[/b] He does, however go as directed.


MAP

It's not unusual to see guarded carriages in the city. Not even on the docks. Pretty standard for VIPs.


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Mijndert:
Who will stake out the vessel? Could be in there... behind that enclosed area.


MAP

The first mounted guard moves forward.

Make way! Make way! Carriage coming through!


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert whispers to everyone, "Music-man wants to know if we're leaving someone behind to watch the boat."


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Jared skips up, tapping his feet together and strums... In case the was any question who music-man was.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"It is unlikely the man we are after would be cunning enough to send out these wagons ahead of him. He seems more the coward wanting to be around his guards. Quill Andrezi? Your thoughts?" Sidoze says his eyes following the caravan.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"That would seem to be a reasonable assumption of the man."


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

So by your collective reckoning, he's in the carriage? If so, should we take him now, while cornered?


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

I'll go on board, scope it out, make shure our target isn't there


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

Mijndert WHispers to Noro, "I don't t'ink dat's necessary. Bosses don't t'ink he's on dere, den the bosses don't tink he's on dere. Besides, Music-Man's gonna stir up enough trouble wit' dat awful playin' dat we're gonna need a competent fighter beside us." His tone should convey the followup "And that means you."


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

"You folks, ready? I'll take out the carriage guard and driver. Back me up... if it looks like I need it. If the scat hits, we scatter and meet up later. It's dark, less noticeable here and now."

That said, Jared tries to gain the carriage roof.

Assuming it's a hard roof. If not, just the steps to take out the driver.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Bluff, Non-Challant Thuggery: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


MAP

Are you going to approach the carriage, Jared?

MAP


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Yep, only way to take out the driver and guard. Is that bad?


MAP

Go ahead and move your guy.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,263 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.