Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


851 to 900 of 1,263 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

I dont think so hes pushing carts at walmart atm and hes just dying there going to school full time plus the 45 min drive to work and school hes getting rude wake up call


MAP

My condolences. Let's not cut into his time, then.

I'll look for another player tomorrow.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

everyone alive and well? GM any luck with new player?

Sidoze gestures to the sleeping dog pointing it out if Andrezi hadnt spotted it. Sometimes elven eyes did help.


King of Goblins *MAP*
Sidoze wrote:
everyone alive and well? GM any luck with new player?

And how. We're adding 3.

Quote:
Sidoze gestures to the sleeping dog pointing it out if Andrezi hadnt spotted it. Sometimes elven eyes did help.

Yes, they do. Once Quill checks in, we'll continue, and you'll meet your new gangmates soon.

They're in the discussion thread, if you want to take a look.


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Dotting for Campaign page.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Stealth -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Quill nods understanding at Sidoze's gesture about the dog.


MAP

The dog snorts, rolls over, and keeps snoozing. In the dim light, you see that one of the chests on the floor is unlocked.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi whispers to his fellow Talons, "I'd normally not bother, but we do not need to have our presence announced any further than it already has been." as he slides over to let the slumbering dog sleep eternally.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Stealth and a coup de grace would be an auto-success.

As the blood pools around the once-cute and innocent little animal, you hear a squeak in the floor above you. Someone's walking up there. You can't tell where, exactly.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill checks out the contents of the unlocked chest and scans for anything else of immediate value in the room.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Any of the other chests look like are meant to secure valuables?


MAP

It appears to hold records and files of various kinds. There is a packet of papers on the top that look like they were just put there. The language appears to be common, but it's written in some kind of code; many words and numbers are nonsensical, misspelled, or put in strange order.

DC 10 linguistics check:
It's mostly accounting ledgers, tracking drug and prostitution profits for the "peshies." One paper radiates magic, and mentions Drugash by name. Another one is a divine scroll of some spell or other.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Ling check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 DOH!!!


MAP

Andrezi can help.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


MAP

Andrezi can decipher the code no problem. You might want to do that somewhere else, though, as you hear many more footsteps above you, and they seem headed towards the door above.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill hisses, "No time. Read later. Still got work to do." She gives a mischievous grin, mutters a small prayer while she kisses the hilt of her sword and then nods toward the stairs.

The kiss imparts Divine Favor


MAP

A voice from above you says, Hey, what's taking you so long? The files are right on the top.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Hearing the voice from above, Andrezi takes a position just to the right of the stairwell's exit, waiting to strike at anyone coming down the stairs.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sidoze takes a position opposite of Andrezi flanking the doorway if he can without being spotted readying his newly aquired rapier.


MAP

The door begins to open, then there is a pause. It closes quickly, then you hear someone moving rapidly across the floor above you...


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Andrezi!" Sidoze hisses "I think weve been found out!"[/b] He says through clenched teeth as he throws open the door for the assasin.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

so yeah I just realized I rolled and didnt state what it was dang it....was stealth but oh well


MAP

Within a minute, you hear very heavy footfalls on the floor above. It sounds like a lot of people in armor. There's a pause at the door, and the clanking stops. You can just hear someone talking.

The dog always barks when anybody opens that door. And Blackie and Horum should have come back up, already.

A deeper voice says, You did the right thing to alert us. We'll go down there and see what's what. Get that light spell up, Jonce. Ready, boys?

It's hard to say how many people are behind the door, but it's more than 3.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Shut the door shut the door!


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill backs away from the stairs giving room for people to come down the stairs. She mutters again and suddenly there are six Quills standing there. They wink, touch their tattoo and vanish from sight.

Sounds like we have more than a round. Quill casts Mirror Image and gets 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 copies. She will then use her Vanish tattoo as she hears the door opening.


MAP

One more spell, just for luck, says another voice.

It sounds like a lot of people up there. You could just take the files and bolt.

For the princes! says the first voice.

For the princes! comes the response. Sounds like a dozen guys.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

From the nothingness, "Screw this! Let's take what we got and call it a victory. We will need a few more Talons if we are to take on this whole gang."

Her footsteps make for the door they came through. "Let's go. I will take the rear guard. I can take the fight out of them if they get too close."


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi nods in agreement just before activating his own Vanish tatoo and heading back out the way he came in.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze backs up down the stairs hugging the shadows before murmering a spell Ghost Sounds and making it sound like a company of men are coming up the stairs shouting ("FOR insert rival of the princes with know local roll!") before sneaking back the way they came.

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Know Local
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Bluff
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

[ooc]let me know if that is too much to do or anything.


MAP

For the Stalkers! (Ivy Stalkers)

You've got time to get out of the room. Move to your escape route. This won't fool them all day long.

MAP


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Back the way we came. Back the the sewer and out. That would be better than heading down a unexplored dead end.

Meta: Quicker to get the new folks involved.


MAP

You got some info, and you know one way into the PP's space, though I doubt it will be that easy next time... Once you have time, you can figure out what it all means.


MAP

You meet again in the Happy Harpy. Dottie brings you drinks and snacks, and leaves you alone.

While you've been through a few members, there are always others wanting to move up in the organization. 3 Night Ravens have been found worthy of consideration, and tonight is their chance to show off their talons, and claim their place in an enterprise that is ready to expand its influence.

You'll need some muscle. Lots of it.
Jared Thorne, Mjindert, and Noro Kas seem up to the task.

Their tats still sting a bit, but they're ready to make the Night Ravens the most prosperous gang in the city at the center of the world.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill sips at her wine. A thin wisp of a young woman with dark, short hair. She wears craftsmen-styled clothes over likely armor. She carries a satchel that currently has the pommel of a small sword sticking out of it (just in case). Her glasses are perched on her nose as she watches Andrezi pour over the documents.

Between sips, she sizes up the new talent, and for the hundredth time wondering what ever happened to that lunk Grigori. Used to be that was all the muscle we needed. Well, if one of these new-bloods survive long enough, maybe they can replace him.

"I'm Quill. This is Sidoze and Andrezi. I hope you know that already, before wanting to join us, but just want to make sure you know the players here. You have stood out as recruits, so welcome aboard. The initiation will likely be bloody, as we will need some arm strength once we go back to clean up a contract we are working on." She gives you a cool smile and it is not comforting.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze leaves his drink unattended his scarf pulled up hiding most of his face his wide brimmed hat lays on the table. His dark reddish eyes weigh the new recruits, well not so new he admits to himself, as he repeatedly taps on the table with one long finger.

He didnt like relying on new muscle especially ones he had never met in person before. Being close to the smallest member there at the table he was on edge. Having come close to walking into an ambush earlier did not help his mood either.


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

Black haired girl steps foward her hair in a couple of short pigtails she is wearing simple ragged leather pants and a leather top with some blood stains on it. her knuckles a bit bruised from a recent fight maybe last night, perhaps the night before.

She pulls up a chair and takes a seat,

"Sho, your the Night Ravensh?" she says with a slight lisp.

Already with a mug of ale from earlier she takes a swig and set the mug on the table.

"Haven't been ashked to do thish kind of work shince I worked for the Sczarni. Hope you guysh pay better. Who am I supposed to take down?

character pic:

Ohh almosht forgot, Your Sidoze then, I got thish, wash told to give it to you Noro tosses a bloody pouch onto the table from the sound of it, the pouch contains sveral amll hard objects.

in the pouch:

the pouch is filled with several bloody teeth looks as if they were beaten out of someone


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Hearing an unfamiliar voice Andrezi looks up from the document he has been studying, turning his attention quickly to Sidoze, "You've been recruiting I take it? I suppose that makes sense."

Turning his attention to Noro, "I assume by spattered blood, you are not particularly subtle in your work."

Looking back a Sidoze, "Please tell me that at least one of these newbies can do their jobs with a little a tact."


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze already annoyed points at the young woman. "You remember the tattoo you just got? Good. Thats part of your pay. You kill whoever we say. Being a Night Raven means you die or we take that pretty piece of ink off your hide. Lets just make that clear." He fingers the pouch open to see the bloody teeth. "Now what would I want with a pouch of bloody teeth? He shakes his head trying to remember when he recruited this woman.

Turning his head to regard Andrezi he replies. "Doubtful probably just good for taking the swords the other gangs will stick in them. We will have to see but.." Turns his eyes back to Noro, "Very doubtful."


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

Noro picks a tooth wedged on her knuckle oopsh forgot one. They belonged to shome fellow named grigori? shtarted a fight with me lasht night. wash told to give theshe to you.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Hearing the woman's claim, Andrezi shoots Sidoze a questioning look. "Did you authorize an action against Grigori?"


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

hearing the possible accuzation I waz invited to join thish organization after the fight, sho no authorization wash needed.

After a pause

Don't worry though, He ishn't dead jusht a bit roughed up. Hish mouth waz a little bigger than hiz head when he entered the ring to challenge me. I Made shome good coin on the fight though

she looks to Sidoze shame attitude that the Sczarni had


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze voice drops a few degrees. "No I didnt."

Standing he slowly approaches the girl. "I doubt you really fought Grigori if you did you would be dead and broken. Perhaps someone impersonating him but not our Grigori. Suffice to say you ever attack a member of our gang again without our express command. We will put you down like the stray dog you are. Is that understood?"


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

yeah, whatever, heard it all before. believe what you want thatsh up to you. but know thish. I remain loyal to thoshe I partner with, but not those that I am slave to. your choice

Noro offers her hand Partner, or Shervant


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze barks out a harsh laugh and turning his back on her in a direct insult, goes back to his seat chuckling. "So you walk in here and tell me you want to be an equal partner? Youve been with us what? A few days? Partner not hardly. Neither will be our servant" He stresses the proper way of saying it " but anything that could deal with the gang in ANY way you will ask us. End of discussion can you handle that? If not we can let Andrezi do his thing."

He waves his hand the discussion ended in his mind Damn you Grigori he thinks.


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

Noro removes her gesture. ash my father alwayz shaid, You reap what you show.

Noro grabs her now empty mug and goes get it filled once more.

in case: she means to say "you reap what you sow" I realize it is difficult to portray a speech problem in this forum


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

its cool I like it OC but sidoze is a mean ass cuss


MAP
Noro Kas wrote:
in case: she means to say "you reap what you sow" I realize it is difficult to portray a speech problem in this forum

I can read it jush fine.


Male Human Mnk 4 / Rog 1/ Init +5/ HP 42/42 // AC: 20/T:19/FF:11 - Percep: +10// F +5/R +11/W +6 /CMB +6 - CMD 21

Jared was quiet, watching the room. Dressed like an everyday guy, he partook of food and beverage sparingly. He carried no bag or pack, and there were no weapons to be seen on his person.

He listened when folks spoke.


Female -- current battle map Human Barbarian 2// Init +2/ HP 20(29)/23(32) // AC: 14(12)/T:12(10)/FF:12(10) - Percep: +7// F +6(+8)/R +2/W +2(+4)/CMB +6(+8) (+8(+10) grapple)- CMD 18(20) (20(22) grapple)

Noro downs the mug of ale and fills it again.

takes a deep breath and ponders the words she has said. as well as what has been said to her.

she takes a deep breath.

turns to face the ruling body.

Alright, look, I'm kind of new in thish city. I've been on my own for a long time. I learned the hard way, you lok weak othersh won't reshpect you; they take advantage of you. I don't have friendsh, I no longer have family. Ive lived by my fists mosht of my life.

sho letsh just skip all thish bull and get to bushinessh. I wash brought up becuase your Grigori shtepped into the ring looking to make me hish punching bag. Itsh my job to fight, itsh what I do. He knew what he wash doing he paid the price for what he did. Now I am here, ash well as theshe othersh, to take hish place. Like me or not we need to work together, ash a team.

she takes another drink

And I'll be danmed if I am ever on the looshing team

she approaches the table again and once again offers her hand.

If not partnersh, then at least we can be Black Talons


M Human Rogue 9 (Scout / Thug) // Init +3/ HP 57/57 // AC: 19/T:14/FF:17 - Percep: +8// F +4/R +9/W +4/CMB +12 / CMD 26

The third of the new recruits waits silently for the posturing to stop. Once he's fairly sure that Noro has subsided, or at least reined herself in a bit, he steps forward.

The lumbering man is obviously a thug. His clothes are a bit worse for wear and they're obviously worn over a chain shirt. He wears leather gloves with worn knuckles and a crossbow is hanging at his side.

Scabs darken the skin around his eyes. One, the healing image of a raven in flight curled around his right eye. The other, the talons of a larger bird, reaching for his left eye as if to carry it away.

"I'm Mijndert. I've been working the streets of absalom for a while now. I know my limits. If you need me to get something done, and I can do it, it'll get done."

He glances sideways at Noro for just a moment. "I can avoid bruising if you need me to." The coment isn't meant to imply he'll hurt Noro for them, but rather that he can be subtle when necessary.

851 to 900 of 1,263 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.