Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


801 to 850 of 1,263 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

MAP

Everyone can get up there taking 10, no problem. Quill hears nothing, but anyone can try.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)


MAP

Andrezi can hear snippets of muffled conversation.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

How many different voices? Can I make out what any of it is about?


MAP
Andrezi Zeldana wrote:
How many different voices? Can I make out what any of it is about?

2, probably. You can't make it out.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze climbs up merely glad to be out of the sewer at least by a small amount.

"Charming." He murmers.


MAP

There is some shuffling and bumping, as if things were being moved around.


MAP

*


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

sorry was waiting for the other two since Andrezi is listening :D
Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

The assassin whispers to his companions, "Sounds like two, maybe three at most. Get ready and we'll strike as a unit and have them dead before they really even know we are here."


MAP

You're all at the 15x5 space. Arrange yourselves as you like, and walk in anytime.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

arranged and ready to go


MAP

OK. Andrezi kicks in the door. The room is lit with a torch and a few candles. There are trunks stacked against the north wall, and you see a tengu and a human male standing in the room.

They draw weapons (a kukri and a rapier) and face you.

Round 1

Andrezi
Sidoze
Tengu
Quill
Human


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

I see the Tengu on the map, but not the human. Where is he at?


MAP

Weird. Try it now. MAP


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

I am here and arranged.

Quill nods she is ready, and prepares to follow Andrezi


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

That works.

Andrezi rushes through the door, slashing at the human with his enchanted kukri.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19 (favored enemy)
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 + 2d8 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + (8, 8) = 24 (favored enemy, assuming opponent is still flat-footed)

I hope that's a hit, because that is some sick damage with one swing of a knife :)


MAP

Not only a hit, but a one-shot kill. The tengu is freaking out.

MAP


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze takes a neat little step and flashes his hand through an intricate combination before letting loose a ray of dark energy at the standing Tengu.

Ray of enfeeblement
Ranged touch
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Str dmg (Fort save DC 16 for half)
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Cause I dont think sneak attack gives additional str damage on spell
regular dmg
1d6 ⇒ 2


MAP

The spell doesn't add strength damage, but it does produce negative energy hit point damage on a sneak attack.

The tengu fails its save, losing 2 strength, and 1d6 ⇒ 6 hit points. It breaks for the staircase going up.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

ray of enfeeblement applies a strength penalty of 1d6 + 1/2 caster levels. So with the failure, the tengu takes a -8 penalty to strength and 2 points of damage as stated in Sidoze's post.


MAP

Sorry, I was distracted. You are correct. -8 strength, and I don't know why I rolled damage.

EDIT: Now I remember, but that's irrelevant.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

I am assuming he moved up the staircase and is not right where he is marked. If not she will attack.

Quill moves to the base of the stairs (30' move)...and follows

or attacks if possible Shortsword Attack -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10...or not.


MAP

Right. No one could see up the stairs. They're steep and pretty long.

The human's dead, so back to Andrezi.

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi darts past Quill and up the stairs after the Tengu, slashing at the crow-like creature as he catches up.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


MAP

The tengu is hit, and looking rather worried. It turns and faces its attacker, wielding a kukri of its own.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze quickly runs after the other coming around the corner to se the tengu turn on Andrezi.

no other action possible this round


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

With the path to the fight blocked, Quill will take a moment to relieve the human of anything of interest, before the chase continues.


MAP

The tengu misses Andrezi with both its blade and its beak. It backs 5' up the stairs, squawking loudly in its strange tongue, inching towards the door behind it.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi follows and continues to press the attack on the Tengu

Right Kukri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Left Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


MAP

Dead. That was easy. LOL


MAP

There are a few boxes lying around. You find that the humanoids carried 40 gold and 60 silver between them, and a masterwork rapier and masterwork kukri. The rest of their gear is mundane.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi picks up the kukri. Always nice to have a spare... he thinks to himself while listening at the door the Tengu was retreating to and waiting to strike at anyone coming through the door to the now deceased Tengu's aid.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)


MAP

If anyone was coming, you'd hear it. Silence.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze eyes the rapier but then tosses it to Quill. "You probably would use it more than me"


MAP

You can if you want, but her god's weapon is the shortsword, and hers is MW already.

Don't be so sure you won't use it... LOL


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

DOH! This is what I get for posting as I am trying to level up in GW2


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Yeah, I saw MW Rapier, and said, oh that's Sidoze's

Money secure, Quill motions that she is ready to continue. She tries to listen on the way up the stairs.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


King of Goblins *MAP*

All is quiet. The door is unlocked.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Well that was exciting. What do you think they were up to?" Sidoze asks quietly.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Hard to say, unless you've happened to find any clue down there. The Tengu was heading this way, shall we continue on?"


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Quite." Sidoze replies as he makes his way after the pair.


MAP

Just tell me how you go in.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi will quickly search for any traps on the door, provided he does not find any, he will open the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


MAP

The door looks OK. You open it to see a basement-type room made of smooth stone. There are again various chests and boxes laying around. There are small, barred windows near the top of the west wall, giving the room some light. The ceiling is wood, and there are wooden support columns regularly placed along the floor.

You can make stealth and perception checks, if you like.

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 (+14 in Urban environments)
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


MAP

You notice a sleeping dog under the wooden staircase on the east wall.

It may be awhile before Quill posts. I'll start looking for a 4th Talon.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:

You notice a sleeping dog under the wooden staircase on the east wall.

It may be awhile before Quill posts. I'll start looking for a 4th Talon.

I tried talking to my brother but atm he has no stable internet access


MAP

Will he soon? If he'd like to play, we can wait.

801 to 850 of 1,263 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.