Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


751 to 800 of 1,263 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

CLW Wand -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW Wand -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW Wand -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Quill pulls out her own wand, "I got more if you need it. I would like to think that the acid wand was an investment...just not sure how long it will take to pay off. And don't worry, if he tries to use it again on us, I will NOT be merciful. That was a once in a life-time offer. And none of the human punks roaming down here are likely to get a similar offer."


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Hit me with one more if you don't mind...


MAP

She did the unexpected. That was a nice prize to give back, but the creature didn't sneak attack you in the dark. It could have killed Andrezi, and easily gotten away.

That, too, is unexpected.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Lets leave already we have a contract to fulfill."Sidoze says after a momment.


MAP

The blood trail beckons. The ranger hasn't lost it.

What do you do?


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Continue on following the trail...


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Follow Andrezi!


King of Goblins *MAP*

You travel about 200 feet north. Andrezi notices a rusty, padlocked, solid metal door, about 5' off the ground.

perception DC 15:

Spoiler:
The trail stops here. There is a tiny smudge of blood on the bottom frame of the door. You also note that the blood is completely dried here. It was still damp around the body.


King of Goblins *MAP*

bump


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
"This looks promising. Something someone doesn't want us to see...only makes me want to see it more."


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sidoze glances down and points the blood out near the door. "What do you make of this?"


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)

"The blood is dry here. It would seem to me that the man was tortured to death beyond this door and the body was left where we had found it as a matter of disposal."

Turning his attention away from the door briefly, and toward Quill and Sidoze "Shall we try to pick the lock and see what lies beyond the door?"


MAP

DC 20 to open it.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze looks at the lock for a while before backing off waving to the other two. "I was never one to really go about picking locks. By all means go ahead."

Waving his hands he recreates the three balls of light from earlier to give some more light for the otehrs to see by.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill pulls out a small leather bag. She unties a straps and the bag opens to reveal and collection of odd shaped tools and picks. Selecting two she sets to work on the lock. With an audible <click> she steps back and smiles. "Like I said. The more they want me out, the more I want in. After you." She looks up at Andrezi as she folds up her tool set and readies her sword again.

Disable Device -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


King of Goblins *MAP*

The lock looks like it hasn't been there long. Quill removes it easily. The hinge is at the top.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Grumbling Sidoze crawls up into the door and turns to look down at his companions. "Coming?" He asks before turning to look into this new area.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"I suppose so. You want me to take the lead?"


King of Goblins *MAP*

Sidoze sees this. 10' ceiling, but 5' up. Different stonework, too.

MAP


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"As you will." He says motioning for the assassin to take the lead.


MAP

You all go into the room. It's easy to hear something scuttling along down the narrow hallway to the south.

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi slides up to the corner as the hall turns south, peaking around to see what is making the noise.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 (+14 in Urban environments)
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)


MAP

The light isn't too good, but you can just make out the antennae and mandibles of a pair of man-sized giant insects. One is on the floor, the other on the ceiling.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi pulls back to the others and whispers, "We've got a pair damn big bugs up there."

"Ready?" he asks as he draws his paired blades.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze grimaces under his mask I hate bugs He thought to himself before he began to mutter to himself before a glow began to surround his hand.

"Yeah Im ready, you two?" He asks in reply His rapier held in his other hand.

Ready to cast Ray of Enfeeblement at first bug

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


MAP

Sidoze can move his dancing lights to illuminate the bugs. They're ugly, but seem hesitant to attack. The light seems to annoy them a bit, but they stay put.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Sword firmly in hand, Quill pushes her glasses firmly up her nose, "So let's see what are we dealing with here?"

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) ->1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


MAP

Giant roaches.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"Just roaches, but big ones. Don't give them a reason to take an interest. Keep the lights between us and them as we pass." Quill moves carefully forward, sword ready.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze with an effort of will makes the dancing lights hover and form a line inbetween the two parties but waits unitl the others are ready to move before he takes a step.


MAP

As Quill suspected, the light makes the roaches skitter back. They're not usually aggressive unless they're really hungry, and these apparently aren't.

I gotta redo the map a bit. 5' passage south, for now.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi continues down the passage, attemping to be quiet and keeping an open eye as he moves.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 (+14 in Urban environments)
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)


MAP

You arrive at a drain junction. The water goes down east and west, or at least it used to.

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Anyone have a strong preference as to what direction we go? West is likely to take us back to where we came from." the assassin says scanning the ground for any signs of previous passage.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)
Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 (+8 vs. Humans, +8 in Urban environment, +10 vs. Humans in Urban Environments)


MAP

Once Grogori uses his dancing lights spell to assist, Andrezi can tell from marks on the ground that the trail leads east.

There's no obvious danger, so place yourselves and I'd like you to all roll perception checks.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 (+10 vs. Humans, +10 in Urban environments, +12 vs. Human in Urban environments)


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

But grigori doesnt have any spells hehe

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Which way does the trail go?" Sidoze asks as he glances about near the opposite end of the path.


MAP

D'oh! He's not even here!
You note a lot of holes in the ceiling; old viaducts of various kinds, sizes and ages. Absalom may have sprung up all at once centuries ago, but it's been maintained, broken, expanded and changed a lot over that time.

At the east end, you see a crawl-able tube going up. Andrezi knows that the body was dropped down it, then moved to its current location.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Looks like theres some kind of tube over there I wonder where it leads to?" Sidoze asks, being underground so long is making him edgy.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Sidoze, bring one of those balls of light over here. Let's see if it even remotely looks like something we could climb up...should we actually want to."


MAP

It goes about 20' straight up. On the east side of it, there is what looks like a standard wooden interior door, straight up and down.

The sides are rough, and it's an easy climb. DC 10


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"Will be hard to get a rush through that door, if that is what we want to do. Give me a boost, I will check it out."

Climb -> 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Climb -> 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6No progress
Climb -> 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Climb -> 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

With only a single slip and a catch, Quill makes her way up (with less grace than she is accustomed) and listens at door.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


MAP

She hears nothing.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sorry guys been sick

"Well?" Sidoze asks testily.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill shakes her head in the negative. She will brace herself and try to examine the door latch. If it looks safe she will attempt to open it.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

If needed: Disable Device -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


MAP

The door has an old 2-way knob, which Quill has no trouble bypassing. It opens away from her.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"As much as I love being down here in the sewers looking up at your skinny ass Quill..." Sidoze grumbles before trailing off his elven ears picking up the click of a door opening.

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


MAP

Quill opens the door and peeks in, using the light spells to see. It's a 15x5 room with another door opposite the one she's at. Perhaps an ancient bathroom.

MAP

I just love unlimited cantrips. Very cool.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill flashes a smile from up the shaft, signals all clear and moves into the room and waits for the others.

She will tie off a rope if someone brought any and wishes it used, or will wait for the climbers.

She will listen at the next door.

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi follows Quill up the shaft.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

751 to 800 of 1,263 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.