Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


701 to 750 of 1,263 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

King of Goblins *MAP*

You can do that. You'll be behind your fellows, but out of the darkness. Whatever hit you can see you, or got a really lucky shot. The noise was to the north. I wasn't clear.

MAP


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze makes his way out following the sound of the assasin's voice, murmuring a spell as he does.

Draw rapier part of move.

Cast detect magic.
10% spell failure 0-10 fail Sorry I really need to start doing this
1d100 ⇒ 70

Turning he looks back toward the blackness rapier held low ready for anything.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Feeling the others push past, Quill makes to back out of this darkness too. Stepping out into the gloom of the sewer, she scoots to avoid crashing into Andrezi and then turns her attention to the problem at hand. she faces the darness and channels her hatred of the cowards in the darkness. "Let's give them a small thanks for this little ambush"

channel negative energy -> 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 extends 30' and will exclude her two companions (one advantage of a smaller party, she can only exclude two people.)


King of Goblins *MAP*

ROUND 2:
Other, <done
Andrezi
Sidoze
Quill

You hear a yelp of pain, then again you hear that short word. However, no one gets hit with acid this time.

Andrezi takes 5 more points of damage from the acid.

A small arm holding a dagger slashes out from the wall of darkness, and misses Andrezi. It's right in front of him.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi growls through the pain of the acid burn as he slashes out at the creature in the darkness.

Right Kukri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Miss Chance (01-50 = Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 54

Left Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Miss Chance (01-50 = Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 51

Add +2 to the Attacks and Damage if by some odd chance the enemy is human


MAP

Not human, but you hit once, nonetheless. Another yelp issues from a smallish humanoid creature.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Any luck with the detect magic?

Sidoze grimaces dropping his rapier in favor of speed and steps up behind Andrezi pulling out his Small crossbow as he does firing blindly into the darkness.

1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3
1d4 ⇒ 3

0-501d100 ⇒ 9

WHIFF!!!


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Rnd 2

Quill pulls her sword out of her satchel and swings at the small arm protruding from the darkness.

Short Sword Attack -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Short Sword Damage -> 1d6 ⇒ 2
50% miss chance -> 1d100 ⇒ 26

Quill adds to the breeze they are generating down here.


MAP

ROUND 3:

Something
Andrezi
Sidoze
Quill

Not an easy one. The same command word is spoken again, but none of you are hit. The melee attack misses horribly. At least your luck is rubbing off on your enemy.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi continues to slash at the creature in the darkness.

Right Kukri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Miss Chance (01-50 = Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 45

Left Kukri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Miss Chance (01-50 = Miss): 1d100 ⇒ 86


MAP

I'll confirm the crit. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Yep. 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:

I'll confirm the crit. 1d20+7

Yep. 1d4

What crit?


MAP
Andrezi Zeldana wrote:
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:

I'll confirm the crit. 1d20+7

Yep. 1d4

What crit?

Sorry. Got a little excited and forgot a simple rule I've known since 3.0. There was this party, see...

Oh, well. Keep it bumped and maybe Grigori will come back. LOL


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Fall back so we can wait till reinforcements!"

Bluff1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Five foot step back

Cast Ghost sounds as if soldiers are shouting "This way! I hear fighting!"


MAP

You hear something spoken in an unknown language. The creature hasn't moved.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Rnd 3

Quill swings again at the small arm.

Short Sword Attack -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Short Sword Damage -> 1d6 ⇒ 4
50% miss chance -> 1d100 ⇒ 65

Status: 18 AC, 19 HP, 4/5 channels


MAP

ROUND 4, same as before...

The same sound, but nothing happens. The dagger connects with Quill this time, doing 2 damage.

Time for Andrezi to bust this punk!

It's about to get easier, since the darkness effect just ended. Your light spells are working again in that area. You see 2 figures, both about 4 feet tall, covered in raggedy clothes.

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi does his best to get around the creature without being attacked while glancing back at Quill and saying, "Put this little bastard between us!"

Move then delay until Quill moves to the flank

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Kukri: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13 (flank)
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (5, 5) = 15 (sneak attack)

EDIT: Nice bloody time for a "1"


MAP

LOL! At least Quill will get a flank. She's about due to hit something...


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Delay until quill moves then Ill go I forgot the correct word :(


MAP

It's onkylobagaterofficinate.

Ok, Quill!


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Rnd 4

Quill shifts to aid Andrezi.

Flanking Short Sword Attack -> 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14
Short Sword Sneak Attack Damage -> 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (6) = 11
50% miss chance -> 1d100 ⇒ 31

Status: 18 AC, 19 HP, 4/5 channels

Still nothing...a 2, 3, and 4 for attacks


MAP

That's about as pathetic as it gets. Has Quill ever hit anything? LOL

The other guys aren't nearly so sorry.

Andrezi takes 4 more damage from acid, and takes one more from the dagger-wielder. He'll take more damage next round, too, so this may be it for him.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi tries once again to slash at the creature caught between he a Quill.

Right Kukri: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27 (flank)
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2d8 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (7, 1) = 14 (sneak attack)

Left Kukri: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12 (flank)
Damage: 1d4 + 2d8 ⇒ (4) + (3, 2) = 9 (sneak attack)


MAP

NOW, you drop it!

The other one is still there, prepping to do something with that wand he's holding, most likely.

Sidoze can illuminate the guy and save the day!


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Well I could if I was that type of sorc heh

Ray of enfeeblement
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 or not its whatever .....


MAP

U B suckin', too.

Quill can run up and engage the enemy with magic!


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze looks at his hand questioningly a flash of indignation crossing his face.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill points a finger to the other combatant. "You there! GROVEL!" The word 'Grovel' reverberates through the sewer.

Cast Command DC 15 to gt it to drop to the ground.


King of Goblins *MAP*

The dark creature falls prone.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

While the creature grovels following Quill's command, Andrezi walks over and kicks away the creature's weapon and wand, picking them up once the items are out of the small creature's reach.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze grits his teeth and pulls his cloak about him as he follows his fellow theives.

any knowledge checks to help identify this thing?

"Well what do you tink this thing is anyway?"


MAP

(Local) DC 12:

Spoiler:
Dark Slayer, one of the dark folk. Sees fine in magical darkness. The other one was a dark creeper.

The humanoid is down, but not helpless. It starts round 5 trying to use the wand, again, but fails to activate it.

It raises its hands in surrender as you surround it.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Know Local
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 such bad luck .....


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"A dark slayer...its friend was a dark creeper." the assassin says to his fellow Talons. Andrezi then turns his attention back to the dark slayer, "How many more of your accursed kind are down here? You might also want to spill any other information you have lest we choose to spill your blood."


MAP

It cowers, and speaks in a language you don't recognize.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

I dont suppose its undercommon? lol


MAP

Nope. None of you speak it.

It drops the wand and motions that it's yours. It just wants to leave.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"Dark Slayer....heard of them being under the city, but to meet one is so...unusual." Perhaps sensing the connection her Lord may have to these unseen creatures, she continues, {b]"I can't understand him...which is a shame. I don't begrudge him taking a shot at us wandering around down here. In fact, it would be nice to work with creatures so comfortable down here."[/b]

"Would you other perhaps allow me to take a chance with this. The payoff is just to appealing to me. Keep your weapons ready but at ease. I would like to show him some...common respect. By giving him back his wand. If he goes to use it, cut him. But I would like to try to create an unspoken bonding. With this creature's help we could move through here with little trouble. But only if you don't think I am crazy."

She is basically awaiting the other to prepare actions and then suggesting giving back the wand, in a gesture that would indicate no hard feelings and she is willingly wanting him to have his item back. She will not do it without approval from the other two.

She bends over to retrieve the wand allowing her necklace with its black sword medallion to dangle free for the moment in front of the creature. When she straightens, the necklace once again comes to rest within her tunic.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Allies are always welcome but just to make sure, I dont have my book anymore, are we sure he wont get angry at killing his buddy/pet? btw Sidoze wouldve picked up his rapier :)


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

You won't hurt Quill's feelings going against this idea. It is just an in-character thing that struck me as I was typing this. The fact she can't talk to him makes it difficult, she just wants to know if its worth the risk.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Oh no go ahead I think it would be nice.


MAP

The dark slayer drops a small kukri, motioning as if trying to buy its way out of the situation.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Damn. I had posted a full response and thought I was waiting on you, GM GK. Only to come to see that it is not here and you were waiting on me...sorry about that.

Quill bends to take the Kukri. The black sword medallion around her neck swings free to dangle before the creature. When she straightens, it falls back beneath her tunic.

At a look to her companions to be ready, Quill holds out her hand, clenching the wand. She opens her fist to leave it laying upon her palm. But she closes it at mocks pointing it at herself and her two companions and shaking her head in a negative motion with a stern expression on her face. She then extends the wand back out on her open palm, then lays the kukri over it. She bobs her hand toward the creature, nodding its alright, hopefully indicating it can take the items. With her other hand she motions it to rise up and approach closer so it might take them. She does not smile, but tries not to be threatening.

Diplomacy -> 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Nice timing to break that out Apparently I am a better talker than fighter :-)


MAP

It becomes dark, again. You neither see nor hear anything from the creature.


MAP

Frustrating, ain't it? LOL


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Next time just kill the blasted thing. Lets get out of here I am tired of not being able to see!" Sidoze growls and begins to feel his way to the wall.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"Ahhh....Oh well. Sorry blokes, took a chance. Would have been a interesting ally. If we cross him again, at least we gav him something to think about." Quill move blindly back into the dim light of the sewer.


MAP

The spell disappears, and so did the dark stalker. Nasty, deceitful folk, they are.

The blood trail is again visible under your light spells.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Any one have any sort of healing magic available...that wand Quill just gave back hurt."

701 to 750 of 1,263 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.