Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


651 to 700 of 1,263 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20
Sidoze wrote:
Is everyone still here?

Still here. Lead the way Sidoze, you are the one who had the information. :)


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't solo lol

Sidoze makes his way back to the docks where he hopes the captain is still docked. As ever Sidoze is wary of the crowd comforted by the fact his companions are close he strides towards the now familiar sight of the captain's ship and approaches the gang plank.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill is along as well. She walked separate through the crowds but as the docks approached she moved closer, until when Sidoze reaches the gangway, she is right there behind him.

Haven't seen the Big Man in a while, so it might be three of us.


MAP

3 is fine. I'm guessing he'll be along later on.

For the moment, you arrive at the Lustrous. It's still there, though it looks a lot fresher. The lone half orc at the gangway remembers you, and sends a sailor to the captain's cabin.

Within a few minutes, you are escorted there. Alton Brightwood seems a bit distracted.

DC 15 sense motive, and perception checks are encouraged, too.

I don't mind a bit if we go fast or slow. Thanks for hangin'. Things will get interesting soon enough.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Sense motive
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill looks carefully around wondering what they are getting into.

Sense Motive -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 (add +2 for dealing with humans)
Sense Motive:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (add +2 for dealing with humans)


MAP

There are fewer people around than last time, and Brightwood seems a little frazzled.

Sidoze. I wasn't sure you'd come back. As you can see, we've lost s few people. It seems the Princes are thinking they can just do whatever they want. No respect. No honoring agreements. That's not good business.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"You will remember my original offer yes? Perhaps when we deliver this probe to you you well reconsider it." Sidoze bows his head slightly approaching the captain as he speaks.

"But is that all that is bothering you captain?"


MAP

I'm kind of at a loss what to do now.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

We would just need to know what the targets habits are off the captain knows of any or the place he usually visits


MAP

OK. Things have changed. Gimme a day.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Still there?


MAP

Yes. I was a little preoccupied and didn't like what I had in mind, so I'm trying a new tack.

Brightwood explains that the Pesh Princes are in something of a turf war with a gang called the Ivy Stalkers. Dhunash of Jalmeray is in hiding, and the pesh market is messed up because of it.

He tells you that the Princes have managed to "disappear" some of his people, such as one of the half orc guards and his pretty sorcerer, along with a few mooks.

He's had it with Dhunash, and wants him dead. Both he and the Stalkers would pay handsomely for you guys to find him and kill him. With him out of the way, the Princes would fall apart, the Stalkers would control the market, and he would have access to their contacts in Jalmeray, and get paid what he's worth by the Stalkers.

I have the word of Jo Laret, the boss of the Ivy Stalkers, that he wants to expand his market, and has the money to make it happen, with the right kind of help.

If you're willing to help him in this matter, we can make it worth your while.

Of course, finding Dhunash in this city is like finding Waldo. He can give you a drawing of what he looked like about a month ago, and a pearl-handled key one of his thieves lifted from Dhunash months earlier, when they had a friendlier relationship.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

As the conversation turns more toward Andrezi's area of expertise, he speaks up. "Define worth our while."


MAP

500 gold apiece, and distribution for the southeast corner of the city; east side of the docks, Eastgate, and whatever else you can carve out. This job pays now AND later.

He smiles slyly.


MAP

Andrezi, Grigori, Quill and Sidoze are still playing, AFAIK.

That's a good gang.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze grins, this kind of reward was definitely to his liking. "I think we can handle that."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill's interest piques at the mention of territory. She can clearly see this swath laid out in her mind.

Wierd that I am not getting 'new' updates to this thread. That happened in one of my other games too. It should work now that I have posted.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Any idea of Dhunash's last known whereabouts? You know something to give us a trail to follow."


MAP

The Pesh Princes work out of the Red Silk Route.

This is an area in the Coins cordoned off by red silk flags. It's an area guarded by "token guards" (private gang thugs), and it's the place to go for hedonistic pleasures, raunchy shows, and of course, pesh and other drugs not allowed in other parts of the city. Lots of crime lords and wannabes hang around there, taking their cut of the money generated there.

Nobody knows where he lives, but that's where Dhunash could usually be found (surrounded by thugs) before he went into hiding.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Perhaps we should pay some of these thugs a visit and persuade them to tell us anything they know." Andrezi says to his fellow Talons.


MAP

That's where I'd start if I were you. It's a wild and wooly area, and half those people are high on something or other, so be careful who you give much credence to.

He hands Sidoze a small coin with what may be his seal embossed on it.

If you talk to Jo Laret, show him this, and he'll know I sent you.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Don't you mean everything they know Andrezi? Thank you captain. I believe that is all we need. Talons is that all? " Sidoze asks quietly taking the coin and pocketing it.


MAP

It's early enough in the day to go to the Red Silk Route. It'll be just as busy tonight, too.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Might as well head that direction.


MAP

A while later, you are there. Red banners flutter above a bazaar of rather shady characters, hawking lewd peep shows, various substances, potions and wares. There are awnings in front of various businesses, and people in various states of inebriation wandering about an open-air market like no other.

The most sober are the token guards, who eye everyone rather menacingly, keeping order through threat of pain. Like typical hotspurs, they wear various light armors and are well-armed, a few mounted on axebeaks.

There is the usual mix of humanoid races, along with some tengu, ratfolk, and other odd types. It's a regular hive of wretched villainy.

You fit right in.


MAP

A sly-looking halfling eyes the 4 of you, and approaches. He's dressed like a typical hotspur.

There are many pleasures to be had here, newcomers. I am Kamek. If you're interested in anything in particular, I can show you around for a tiny remuneration. I can get you a good deal on anything.


MAP

He seems like he knows what he's doing. Some of the vendors give him a nod now and then.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

On the way down there, Quill sheds her scholar disquise. Catching a look from the others, she explains, "They will be a bit more careful than a typical person on the street. I don't want to set the wrong tone with a simple disguise, I want them to see a harmless little woman. huhhuhuhuhuhu." She giggles. It is not a sound any of you remember her making and it is not pleasant.

Once in the district, she watches the approaching halfling. She tries to gauge if he has any identifying marks or tattoos. She wants to be sure who she is talking with, so comes up with a slight ploy.
Perception -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Bah, this is Savvy's work. In an innocent voice, of perhaps a slumming noble seeking an a thrill, "wellllll....We could be interested. But I heard there was a turf war going on and I am sure we don't want to get mixed up in any of that. I have my bodyguards but you never know. What was it? The Princesses against the Plant Stalks. It doesn't sound too frightening, but people do talk and tell the most horrible tales. So exciting!" She lays it on thick but she is mostly watching for a reaction in the man. She wants to get a rise out of the insulting gang names to see if he declares his allegiance through indignation.

Bluff -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Sense Motive -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


MAP

The Pesh Princes and the Ivy Stalkers, he says. They keep it on the downlow, but yeah, people are always trying to get a bigger cut of the action.

Kamek looks around furtively. You wanna see something horrible? I know where there's a body. A tortured body...

You see no outward sign of any affiliation, but he talks like he knows the jargon well enough.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"A body is one thing, but thems that done it is a whole different thrill. The...ah...Ivy Stalkers...yeah, they sound more mysterious. Where can I meet up with one of them." She turns to her companions, "Don't worry boys. Nothing you can't handle if there is trouble, I am sure." Turning back to the halfling in a hushed voice asks, "There might be trouble, right?


MAP

I don't think so. It's in the sewers. I think it's a dead Ivy Stalker, by the garb. There was no one around when I found it.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

She turns to her companions, "That might be interesting right? Sounds all dirty and such, but it should be a hoot. What's your Name? I'm Bella, these are...well...they are my boys."

OK, I got the ball rolling, I hope the others are alright with the direction Quill took, I don't think just asking for the Ivy Stalker boss was the way to go. This way, we poke around a bit and perhaps find the true story of what's going on. Unfortunaly I am on the road soon, and will be out of communication for the weekend. hopefully Bella's 'minder' can carry some of the conversation while I'm gone.


MAP

Kamek, milady. Some folks call me "Little King," he says, with a little puffing of the chest.

He leads you down a narrow alley, down some stairs, and opens a rusty grate.

In here. Anybody got a light?

I think this is fine. One thing leads to another. I hope we haven't lost anyone. I'm ready to play. Have a good weekend!


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Still here...


MAP

Looks like we lost Grigori, at least for now. I sent him a PM, but he said he was going to be internet-free for a while. It's the 3 of you, right now. We can work with that. We're in "discovery" mode, and you're all pretty slick in that department.

You'll be getting followers pretty soon.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze gestures murmuring softly under his breath. Slowly three balls of silverish light comes into being. The three balls then begin to hover over the parties' heads.

Cast dancing lights

Perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

sometimes I'm glad of my elven blood


MAP

It's a tight squeeze for medium creatures, but you all get through the grate and head along the narrow sewers under the city. The structure is ancient, with various channels blocked off, reopened, rebuilt, used, unused, etc. There are occasional doors and hatches, most of them looking like they haven't been opened in decades, if not centuries.

Kamek leads you to a broader section, and going north just a little bit, you find the promised corpse.

It appears to be a 30-ish man, wearing only underclothes. He was clearly tortured to death. The various bruises, cuts, burns, pulled out nails, broken bones, etc., speak of a slow, painful death.

Scary, huh? the halfling says. Somebody really had it in for him!

A little searching around, maybe?


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi silently begins to search the area for anything left behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 (+2 vs. Humans, +2 in Urban environments, +4 vs. Human in Urban environments)


MAP

The body appears to have been put there recently. There are ornate tattoos of ivy branches going up one arm. Looking around there is a slight trail of blood drops every few yards going north.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi points out the blood trail to his fellow Talons. "Perhaps we should follow." he says investigating the trail.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 (+2 vs. Humans, +2 in Urban environment, +4 vs. Humans in Urban Environments)


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Your lead Sidoze says motioning for the talented assassin to proceed.


MAP

Kamek, seeing that there's nothing in this for him, excuses himself and goes back.

Andrezi follows the trail easily. You barely get started when you find yourselves in darkness. Sidoze's dancing lights suddenly illuminate nothing.

MAP

You didn't mention a marching order, so feel free to place yourselves differently if you want to.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Looks good to me is there any light at all for low light vision?


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Earlier

Quill will fish out a few silvers and pass them to their guide as she passes him, "Thank you Kamek. We will find the thrills from here." She then follows her companions deeper into the sewers.

If she can, (if initiative hasn't started) Quill is heard to mutter and tries to get the pommel of her sword to start to glow. Casts Light


MAP

Your light spells can't seem to overcome the darkness around you. You all hear a short utterance by a humanoid voice, and Andrezi, unable to see his attacker, takes 10 damage from acid! You hear a blade drawn, and some bipedal thing is running towards you. Round 1 has begun.

(I rolled before, and you didn't see or hear this.)
INITIATIVE:
Unseen opponent(s)
Andrezi
Sidoze
Quill

MAP


MAP

I just realized I mapped the darkness incorrectly. Sorry. It's fixed now. You don't need a check to know it's magical darkness. Sidoze's spell is still in effect, but it's not working for you guys.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Andrezi wake up lol your being attacked


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Feeling the sting of the acidic attack, Andrezi tries to move back out of the magical darkness in hopes of whatever is attacking will follow.

"Fall back! There's something in the darkness and it f#%@ing hurt!"

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

651 to 700 of 1,263 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.